Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharon Tate 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    You will love it. Debra displayed taste and class putting this book together, a lovely tribute to her sister. Forget the other one, trash and exploitation of the Tate family.
    I'm gonna go check it out on Amazon.

Can you believe Alisa Statman said she was suppose to speak at Susan Atkins' parole hearing in 2000 after Patti died. Alisa said she was suppose to read the letter from Paul Tate. but Statman was not related to Sharon Tate and Debra was. what a bunch of crock Alisa thinking she has more right to represent Sharon at a parole hearing than Debra does.

The woman has a Histrionic Personality Disorder. http://psychcentral.com/disorders/hi...rder-symptoms/

Ghoulista Guest
    New member and first post here.

Just wanted to give a huge shout out to Scott for the documentary Six Degrees of Helter Skelter. I thought I had seen or read pretty much everything on the subject and thought this documentary would simply be rehash of things I already knew.

I was dead wrong. This documentary was absolutely fascinating and had lots of new trivia of which I was not previously aware.

So, grazi, Scott, for a highly entertaining and interesting 105 minutes.

My only complaint was that it could have been twice as long, and I still would have been enthralled.

Welcome ! You are going to enjoy this site. I agree with you, SDOHS held my attention completely.. a longer version ? I would welcome it !

KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Forty-five years ago this weekend.
    Archer Fact: You canā??t tourniquet the taint. (Source: Ray Gillette)

Quote Originally Posted by homesgirl View Post
    Forty-five years ago this weekend.
    Wow, that is just so hard to believe. WOW WOW WOW. Almost a half a century.

I know.. and it's 45 years to the day ! I imagine there will be a lot of people making the trek to Cielo after midnight on Friday.

I know.. and it's 45 years to the day ! I imagine there will be a lot of people making the trek to Cielo after midnight on Friday.
    Wish we could be there. If I ever win the lottery I am paying for all of my death hag friends to have a big bash in LA.

I just read where Marilyn Burns was found dead she played Linda Kasabian in the original Helter Skelter [1976] I remember her breaking down on the stand while testifying about seeing the murders of Voytek, Abigail and Steven Parent and hearing the victims screaming in the house. yeah Pat Krenwinkel is speaking out. poor Pat she is now 66 and the longest serving female prisoner in California since Susan Atkins died. I feel so sorry for Pat-------NOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    I just read where Marilyn Burns was found dead she played Linda Kasabian in the original Helter Skelter [1976] I remember her breaking down on the stand while testifying about seeing the murders of Voytek, Abigail and Steven Parent and hearing the victims screaming in the house. yeah Pat Krenwinkel is speaking out. poor Pat she is now 66 and the longest serving female prisoner in California since Susan Atkins died. I feel so sorry for Pat-------NOT!!!
    Exactly BOO HOO

This link may have been posted *somewhere* on the previous epic ST thread, but if anyone missed it, a full set of the photos Bill Ray took for LIFE magazine, most of them previously unpublished (I've only seen 2 or 3 before now.) Some really nice shots of Sharon and Roman in the (presumably) happy early days of their marriage in 1968, in their mews house, shopping for antiques, hanging out with Mia Farrow, etc.

http://life.time.com/history/sharon-...-gal-viewagn#1

No pity party for Pat, she made her choice. Deal with it. Read what the critics are saying about the film on her.. Life After Manson. http://www.lifeaftermanson.com/ If any of us should win the lottery, and all meet in L.A. that would be so cool !
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 08-06-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Wish we could be there. If I ever win the lottery I am paying for all of my death hag friends to have a big bash in LA.
    Hey Bestie! Friend request coming your way!!!
    Archer Fact: You canā??t tourniquet the taint. (Source: Ray Gillette)

Quote Originally Posted by homesgirl View Post
    Hey Bestie! Friend request coming your way!!!

Another M movie...Haunting Charles Manson, that looks like it came and went. An actress by the name of April Rogalski plays Sharon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_9NHD4qL78

Katie Krenwinkel looks old she's only 66? she looks 86. Leslie didn't look much better at her parole hearing last year I guess prison life makes them age badly.

Tonight, Friday August 8th and tomorrow marks 45 years since those cretins murdered Sharon and the others.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

I've been trying to get those six measly numbers for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    Tonight, Friday August 8th and tomorrow marks 45 years since those cretins murdered Sharon and the others.
    This was the first headline-making murder that really moved me in my life. Up until then, as a child, I was aware of the Kennedys and MLK, but even then, I knew those were not PERSONAL in the way these murders were. Not because the killers knew or hated the victims really, but they just did not give a crap, and made sure to kill them up close and with a couple of them, the most painful, terrifying way possible. And to kill a woman soon to give birth, and the baby dying inside her... One read about that in WARS, bad as that was. Unreal for the time.

And I was about the same age as young Patty Tate. At the time, I could barely imagine what it must have been like for her and her family, or the other families. (Now I may know somewhat better.) Plus, of all the victims' families, some of the Tates could be said to have practically martyred themselves to keep the killers in prison.

In the meantime, most of the Manson crew are still kicking. I hope Debra Tate manages to outlive the rest of them. What a "dark victory" that would be.

45 years and only Susan Atkins has died Manson, Watson, Krenwinkel and Van Houten still live.

I was 14 when it happened, and even though we lived 3000 miles away, I remember being frightened by what I was seeing and hearing on the news. Those were the days when you didn't lock your doors, and you wondered how something like this could have happened, and what kind of people would do something so heinous.

1karenhb Guest
    As I mentioned in a previous post, years ago my ex and I drove up Cielo Dr. when the house was still there. Couldn't really see anything but did get a creepy feeling. It was getting dark as we were driving back down Cielo when all of a sudden a deer jumped into the road and just stood there and stared at us. Scared the crap out of both of us. Hard to believe it's been 45 years. I was 16 and living in the L. A. area at the time and remember it all very well. When Manson was on trial my high school government class took it's annual field trip to the court house. We stared and laughed at some of his followers who were camped out across from the courthouse to support him. This was not long after they had carved the x's in there foreheads. Too this day I still remember being a few feet away from Squeaky Fromme.

Why have I never heard of this woman until today..45 yrs after the fact. This loser is full of shit. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...aved-life.html

Gov. Brown has again denied Bruce Davis parole and reversed the parole board's decision. I hope they keep it up until Davis dies in his cell he's about 72 now.

Why have I never heard of this woman until today..45 yrs after the fact. This loser is full of shit. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...aved-life.html
    I can't believe people are still crawling out of the woodwork with the claim of being invited there that evening. Well at least she got creative and came up with 2 excuses, her gas gauge AND her photo shoot! lol

1karenhb Guest
    Never heard of her either. If all the people who were "supposed" to be at the house that night were counted it would be dozens. There was no party. She was 8 months pregnant! She just wanted a quiet night at home. All these people are disgusting.

NOVSTORM Guest
    she was born in 1938 and died at age 62 Click here: Jennifer Gan - IMDb

Bayou Queen Guest
    Just got finished watching Scott's Six Degrees of Helter Skelter again. Even got hubby to watch it this year and having lived in California for many years and at one time had a toe in the door of the music scene, he was very impressed with the documentary and Scott's dedication to investigative facts. Being in my early 60's, I remember when this happened and it's hard to believe it's been 45 years.

So much Manson related news going on the last few days the 45th anniversary of the murders, Pat Krenwinkel's interview, Bruce Davis parole approval overturned again by the Governor Jerry Brown, Manson's 25 year old girlfriend Star wanting to marry him and her parents approve of Manson. can you imagine your 25 year old daughter wanting to marry this 79 year old infamous prisoner??

this is late but RIP 45 years yesterday
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Whoa... Manson is gonna get married? lmao I wonder how Charlie managed that. I can just imagine the dirty talk Charlie dishes out.... "Baby... shields in sand. pan. frosty frosty fruit loops. cans. beer cans. oompa loompa. froggy burp ass gas. meat cleaver. i am a ham sandwich. thanks. i came. love you baby. bye."

weirdgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    Gov. Brown has again denied Bruce Davis parole and reversed the parole board's decision. I hope they keep it up until Davis dies in his cell he's about 72 now.
    Best news I've heard all day! Thanks for posting it

On Tate anniversary, fire alarm goes off during midnight seance.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/10/sharon...ce-fire-alarm/

Ditto ! I was hoping he would be denied, thank you Jerry Brown !

Sharon is going to be on the cover of People magazine for the Sept.8th issue for the 45th anniversary of her murder. it has an interview with Debra.

Zilla Guest
    Yeah, I read the article. Debra mentioned how at first they had heard there was a fire at the house, and only found out later what really happened. I also did not realize (or forgot since reading Bugliosi's book) how involved Sharon's dad was with the investigation.

Also in the article, Jay Sebring's (brother, I think?) says he is tired of Jay always being referred to as one of "the others"..as in "Sharon and the others" and he is making a movie about Jay, who really was quite famous himself at the time of his death. Warren Beatty's "Shampoo" character was based on Jay.

Sharon really was a knockout. She wasn't someone manufactured in the offices of BevHills plastic surgeons, like a certain reality show skank I could name.
    Last edited by Zilla; 08-28-2014 at 12:01 AM.

Picked up the People magazine with Sharon on the cover, one of my favorite photos of her. It said chilling new details about the murders, but there was nothing I had not read before. Plus, there was a photo of Sharon holding up something she had bought for the baby and the caption read 2 days before the murders. I'm nitpicking, but the photo was taken in London prior to her return to the States.
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 09-03-2014 at 06:56 PM.

Made the mistake of picking up the issue. A waste of $5.

With tax here in Canada it cost me almost $7

Crazy to think about how long it's been since these murders happened!
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

45 years. cause my older brother was killed in a car accident Sept. 22,1969 when he was 18. so 1969 was a horrible year for my family as well. but at least he wasn't murdered and we don't have to worry when one of his killers come up for parole since it was a freak accident.

Here is a stunning photo of Sharon taken in Rome. In case anyone has not seen the blog dedicated to Sharon, I'll post the link... incredible photos ! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	295.4 KB 
ID:	51448 http://sharontate-polanski.tumblr.com/ ROBERT63, So sorry that you lost your brother, losing a loved one is never easy. I am also including 2 rare photos of Abigail from 1961 and 1965,and a letter asking for payment of clothes she had ordered in July 1969.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dress1.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	51581Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10553458_782863115067867_2513786288365822558_n.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	51579Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10547470_782863281734517_5379101745839298144_n.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	51580
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 09-25-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Hey I just read "Restless Souls" and actually did not think it was so bad a read. I found the sections about Doris Tate's commitment to the cause of victims to be very interesting. But the book had one piece of information I'd never heard--namely that a buzzer sounded inside the Cielo house when the gate was opened. Supposedly Watson cut this wire as well as the phone line. Has anyone else come across this elsewhere? Also read that the button mechanism outside the gate had a lock. I'd always assumed the estate had absolutely no security at all.

it was interesting to read what I'd suspected and something we have covered here before: that Sharon was sick of Voytek and Abigail and their druggie friends and really wanted them out of the house. In terms of the drug-burn motive theory, if she had booted them out earlier the killers would have gone to the Folger-Frykowski home and raided it instead.
    Last edited by rainbow rider; 11-11-2014 at 01:05 PM.

Here is a stunning photo of Sharon taken in Rome. In case anyone has not seen the blog dedicated to Sharon, I'll post the link... incredible photos ! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	295.4 KB 
ID:	51448
    She really was a natural beauty, wasn't she. Thanks Mansfield.....I have never seen this picture before

Respectfully snipped by me
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Your very welcome. Yeah, she has that timeless beauty that endures. When I look at some photos of her it's hard to believe many were taken over 40+ yrs. ago. They could have been taken today ! It's as if she transcends time, kind of eerie in a way, yet so beautiful.

She really was a stunning woman.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    She really was a stunning woman.
    Heh that's pretty much exactly what I came here to say. Only mine was more crude and male :P My comment is, "God. She was so fucking hot!" So basically the hetero male version of your comment lol

The big news is Manson now 80, has a marriage license to marry his 26 year old girlfriend Afton "Star" Burton she is working to get her man a new trial so she can prove his innocence and free her love. the media keeps giving these 2 whack jobs press. I hear they'll tie the knot next month. what would the late Doris Tate say about this? would she call Afton a dumb shit? like she did Suzanne Le Berge when she tried to free Tex Watson? Afton's mother Mellissa Burton age 48, approves and thinks Charles is good for her daughter. OK.