Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 12192021
Results 1,001 to 1,011 of 1011

Thread: Station Nightclub fire in West Warwick, Rhode Island 2

Quote Originally Posted by RodentLady View Post
    Frank, I remember one of the past FAD detectives (Someone like LLC or Mammy, that era) ID'ing him as Robert Riffe. I searched for a few minutes and couldn't find it, though.
    Which guy is supposedly Robert Riffe? I didn't see anyone resembling him. The guy pointing across the camera to someone saying "Timmy, come here", to me, resembles Bruce Cormier. I'm guessing he's calling to his son, Tim Cormier (guy in black leather jacket coming towards camera, raising his arms and going to the left?), to go do something.

Oh, sorry: The young man with the star on his shirt, stuck in the doorway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Frank Drebin View Post
    Dionyzus,

I'm still unable to ID the star shirt guy. It looks like image-posting went to 5h!+ again... I believe the "Timmy, come here" guy (after "watch out for this hose") is Bruce Cormier. After all, he was there with his son, Timothy Cormier. I have pics of both.

Do we need to start a FB page or something, because this site is not image-friendly?
    I just don't see the Timmy-come-here guy as resembling the Bruce Cormier guy we see in the Davidson shot (where you see him on the extreme left, with Donna Cormier's pointing arm seeming to come from him). There were only 3 Timothy's in the club, supposedly: Tim Rossano, the red-jacketed bar window escapee who stares into BB's camera; Tim Cummings from Barrington RI who got out the bar door; and, Bruce's son, Tim Cormier. My guess is that this is someone talking to Tim Cummings. Guess it could be whoever Cummings might have attended the show with??

Quote Originally Posted by billoween View Post
    I just don't see the Timmy-come-here guy as resembling the Bruce Cormier guy we see in the Davidson shot (where you see him on the extreme left, with Donna Cormier's pointing arm seeming to come from him). There were only 3 Timothy's in the club, supposedly: Tim Rossano, the red-jacketed bar window escapee who stares into BB's camera; Tim Cummings from Barrington RI who got out the bar door; and, Bruce's son, Tim Cormier. My guess is that this is someone talking to Tim Cummings. Guess it could be whoever Cummings might have attended the show with??
    If that guy on the far left is with the Cormier party... That's not Bruce Cormier. He was 49 at the time of the fire. I temporarily changed my avatar pic to that of Bruce Cormier (more recently). What do you all think - the "Timmy, come here" guy?
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 04-15-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Ooh, yes, Frank! I've not watched the video in many months, but that IS the man from that scene.
    In my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RodentLady View Post
    Oh, sorry: The young man with the star on his shirt, stuck in the doorway.
    Hi RodentLady,
    I pulled up my file pic of Robert Riffe, and he does resemble the star shirt guy.
    Robert Riffe
    Robert Riffe -- the "star shirt guy" stuck in the front doorway

Frank--I use my phone too much and don't get the avatars, so here I am on the mainframe and boy, am I humbled. Because, yeah that's definitely Bruce Cormier. Other little factors seem to add up, too:
    1.) Bruce and Timmy went to pull people out in the front after their "bouncer escape," while his daughter, Brenda, and his wife, Donna, waited elsewhere.
    2.) Donna says Bruce was wearing a sweater/cardigan at the time. (interview)
    3.) She remembers that Bruce had to tell Timmy to stop rescuing late in the game.
    So, I stand corrected. Nice work and a reminder to self not to assume nuthin'. PS--Donna says the baseball cap-wearing guy near her pointed finger was not Timothy. He wasn't wearing a baseball cap and was further behind her at the time. So there's another ID challenge for you.

I think I may have come across a new way that the fire was avoided by 2 lucky individuals. Remember how the club was very likely about to change hands? And how Rob Feeney described getting out via an opening in the atrium where someone had already kicked out a plywood panel? He surmised that the ATM machine had just been taken out by the old management. Well, Kevin Anderson (D) was reportedly with 3 friends that night (I wish I knew who). And two of them left The Station just before "Desert Moon" to go and find an ATM someplace. When they returned, the place was chaos. (all this from obits, witness statements, and newspaper articles.) Anybody know who the friends were?

Was there really Sumo wrestling the night before? It's listed for the night of the 19th on one advertisement. Too bad the fire didn't happen that night...you know, no offense, but if it really just had to happen......

Just re-read some of the Med. Ex. stuff. Pleaseee never let me have to be identified by a "boot remnant" or by "fragments of a black coat" or by "a shark mouth pendant."
    And remember how area dentists were instructed to listen to their answering machines over the weekend following the fire? Now I'm surprised that all area tatoo artists weren't told to do the same.
    Last edited by billoween; 04-16-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Kevin Anderson was with Neil Cronin, Linda Ormerod, and Tim Rossano.
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 04-17-2018 at 04:36 PM.
    Robert Riffe
    Robert Riffe -- the "star shirt guy" stuck in the front doorway

HEY, HEY, HEY!!!!!!!! Looks what's been released in the public sphere!
    Station Fire documentary feature film, "The Guest List." Opening October 2018.

https://www.theguestlistfilm.com/trailer/

https://www.theguestlistfilm.com/about

I was in the breathtakingly gorgeous section of Eagle Rock, California this afternoon. The weather was perfect- warm and dry, no fake 'clouds.' I'd just enjoyed my first acupuncture session. I sat for a few minutes on a bench as I waited for a bus back to downtown L.A. When I got up to put my backpack on, I noticed that my back had been pressed against an ad for "Team Tracy King." It was a real estate business. I have no idea who THAT Tracy King is. But it reminded me of a different one...

Dion--Thanks. If Charlene P. could be loud, I'd believe it. After all, she IS married to a drummer.

RLady--nice finding of the NPR interview with Al Prudhomme. And a documentary in the fall!

Frank--thanks for filling me in on the Kevin Anderson posse. As you are probably aware, Kevin Anderson & some friends are in Linda Ormerod's photos on
    Google Drive. (Dion's whole set-up with the AG's materials on Google Drive continues to reward almost daily.)

Sometimes it's the little scenes that move me, usually unexpectedly. Like when Eugene "Geno" Goguen gets home after having barely survived. What does he do? He takes a picture of the ink stamp still on his hand.

Well, thanks be that Ron Barak was able to find that atrium window (as seen on BB). The group he was with did not fare well. That would be Scott Griffith (D), Derek Johnson (D), Ryan Morin (D), and David Barber who burned his right hand. Barak was part of another sub-group of survivors, too: he and Tim Rossano and John DiMeo had all worked in--yes--fire sprinkler installation.

The atrium always haunts me. To enter that area you stepped down 10 to 12 inches. Tell me that didn't cause any issues in the panic and in the dark while trying to leave it. Can't help but be reminded then, of the left-side of the dance floor as well; the railed area some patrons watched from. That was said to involve going up one or two steps. Or down them. No wonder that regular Station-goers fared better, generally, than first-timers.

Robert Croteau's storyline is sad and strange. He'd been seriously assaulted in the previous year, and was in a coma for 4 1/2 months. Then he comes to The Station and dies, amongst many folks who'll be purposely put into medical comas. But even Joe Kinan's was for "just" 3 months.

Irony patrol:
    Jack Russell, on past tours, used to keep a fire extinguisher ON STAGE, which he used to spray the audience with during one song (?) in particular. (anybody know which song?) Wish he'd still been keeping to that.

Lisa Marie Scott, who was with Stephanie Simpson that night, got out the bar door and down the steps with only scraps and bruises. Six months later to the day (8-20-03), she fell down the stairs at her home and died.

The odd story of David Brayman:
    He wins tix from WUXL-FM, a Groton/New London station. He drinks some all day, and has no breakfast and no lunch. He drives his truck to The Station, late afternoon on the 20th, and parks right in front of the club all the way on the left. He drinks some more at the horseshoe bar, eventually falling into conversation with Kathy Barber, sister of soon to be heroic patron-rescuer, Joe Barber. At 10:30 pm he and Kathy leave, in her car, and go to Wendy's. When they return, the club is engulfed. On 2-24 he picks up his truck from Astro Wreck in West Warwick. When he gets home, he notices dried blood on the tailgate. Inside the open bed, he sees a female finger tip--skin which had fallen off a finger along with a painted nail. It's enough to make you want to quit drinking. That, or drink more.

Well, we know that Kerrie Amato saw it all; she's all over the BB footage. Her last comment to the police: "It was the worst thing ever that you could ever ever imagine ever."