Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 291011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: Station Nightclub fire in West Warwick, Rhode Island 2

Quote Originally Posted by dionyzus View Post
    From the above post I made at about this time last year, I compared a photo of fatality Judith Manzo, on the right, with the woman recently IDed as Catherine Carignan. Since we now know that's not Ms. Manzo, I wondered if there was any more information on what happened to her. I found a witness statement that sheds some light. In her witness statement, Jennifer Stowers says she was with Jay Gates, and after arriving about 10:30 they met with three friends, Russell Norgrand, Lisa Kelley and Judith Manzo. Both Lisa and Judith did not survive. And Jennifer also states that she saw Lisa and Judith talking with Dr. Metal. Based on the timing, it's likely this was after he was done with his stage announcements, just prior to showtime. This suggests they were still next to him when the fire started. Furthermore, we know from Stephen Eldridge's statement that just before escaping the building, he saw Dr. Metal in the back stock room with two other people. It seems plausible that these two unfortunate ladies were the people with him in the back room, and that could have been where they died together. I realize I did a little connecting the dots, but it might have happened that way..

Alleged EVP from Nick O'Neill

Perhaps this should be taken with a grain of salt, so to speak, but Nick's parents are convinced he is speaking on a tape recording.

http://wbsm.com/voice-of-station-nig...-rhode-island/
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Survivor Ron Barak identified himself as the man seen coming through the greenhouse window on Butler's video. Click on either of his statements in this folder, they are duplicates of each other. Then see the middle of page three:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?...09fMVhZMVROQUk

So not Mike Ricardi, as has been speculated.
    Last edited by RodentLady; 03-14-2015 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Thought I could link to a specific statement.

Quote Originally Posted by RodentLady View Post
    Survivor Ron Barak identified himself as the man seen coming through the greenhouse window on Butler's video. Click on either of his statements in this folder, they are duplicates of each other. Then see the middle of page three:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?...09fMVhZMVROQUk

So not Mike Ricardi, as has been speculated.
    Great find, RL! You're right, it almost certainly seems to be Ron Barak. As evident by my post just a few days ago, there were some lookalikes in the crowd that night, making identification on the Butler video more difficult.

Here is the relevant part of Barak's statement in the folder Phase 4, Witness Statements (2):

"Mr. Barak stated he wore a black jacket, jeans, glasses and believes he had a goatee at the time. He confirmed he is seen on the Channel 12 tape taken by Brian Butler coming out the window and ducking around him as he ran from the club."

Also earlier in his statement:

"He ran between the greenhouse windows and Great White's tour bus which he said was parked close to the building. He described seeing Brian Butler filming by the greenhouse windows and said he was blinded by the camera lights, not realizing at first what he was seeing."

These items were made in memory of the Hoogasians.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Station-Nightclub-Fire-26.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	52476  
    Last edited by Alanwench; 03-15-2015 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Text changed
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

I knew from the first mention of it that that was not Mike Ricardi. I was like 'No. Hell no.' I believe this "Ron Barak" also appears in a still photo taken inside the club that is on Google Drive.

I was curious to see if one or more Derderians were on Facebook. There is a Jeff Derderian in Virginia. Does anyone know if he relocated to.Virginia? In no way do I want to contact him, nor would I take any action that might cause trouble for Scott. If this is the right guy, he has a little girl who appears to be either 5 or 6.

A wonderful article about "our" dear Joe Kinan
    http://www.whdh.com/story/28595650/s...06M1d.facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Santika is brutal. The video of the first responders is floating around some place. It shows fused burned bodies stacked in the doorway..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Joe has the heart of a lion and the spirit of a champion. I am delighted that he is happily married and has a beautiful little girl. After everything he has been through, any problem or crisis I might have or have had is nothing compared to the living hell he endured.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    I was curious to see if one or more Derderians were on Facebook. There is a Jeff Derderian in Virginia. Does anyone know if he relocated to.Virginia? In no way do I want to contact him, nor would I take any action that might cause trouble for Scott. If this is the right guy, he has a little girl who appears to be either 5 or 6.
    Jeff D has two sons, Sam and Max. Articles from 2003 state that they were 4 years old at the time (they are twins.)

--------------------
    Changing topic so I don't double post:

I watched and listened to the fire video on youtube again, but this time from a different uploader called "Eric Arway." I'm sure he simply re-posted from someone else's youtube channel, but sometimes that is enough to change the lighting or sound a tiny bit. I checked the timing with Dionyzus's version to make sure the seconds matched. Here is what I heard.

This all sounds like it was spoken by the man crying out for Steven:
    At 7:15 "Steven!"
    7:23 "Hey! Put your cell phones down! Put your cell phones down!"
    7:29 "Ohh! My God!"

Later, transmissions are overheard coming from either a fire truck or a device on one of the firemen. I don't know how all of that stuff works.
    8:40 "We got more feeder."
    8:42 "We got people in the doors."

I am so happy for Joe.

I watched a documentary a while ago on night club tragedies like this one and there was one in Chicago (IIRC) where the club's bouncer shot some mace which got recirculated in the a/c unit causing a mass exodus, I get claustrophobic just thinking of being stuck in the pile up by the door I couldn't imagine being caught in the doorway and there's a fire.

I watched and listened to the fire video on youtube again, but this time from a different uploader called "Eric Arway." I'm sure he simply re-posted from someone else's youtube channel, but sometimes that is enough to change the lighting or sound a tiny bit. I checked the timing with Dionyzus's version to make sure the seconds matched. Here is what I heard.

This all sounds like it was spoken by the man crying out for Steven:
    At 7:15 "Steven!"
    7:23 "Hey! Put your cell phones down! Put your cell phones down!"
    7:29 "Ohh! My God!"

Later, transmissions are overheard coming from either a fire truck or a device on one of the firemen. I don't know how all of that stuff works.
    8:40 "We got more feeder."
    8:42 "We got people in the doors."
    Thanks RL! I was hoping for some more input to this. I think you're right about everything, although the one at 7:23 is very hard to make out. The guy who said it seems to be slurring his words. It could be either "the show's over now!" or "put your cell phones down!" I left both options in the transcript and updated it.

Update: RL and I discussed it in PM. We finally figured out that the man is saying "Gimme a cell phone now!" The transcript has been updated.
    Last edited by dionyzus; 03-29-2015 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Update after 3/28/15 discussion in PM

Thanks RL! I was hoping for some more input to this. I think you're right about everything, although the one at 7:23 is very hard to make out. The guy who said it seems to be slurring his words. It could be either "the show's over now!" or "put your cell phones down!" I left both options in the transcript and updated it.
    I listened through skullcandy headphones. The crying man was very clear on Eric Arway's youtube upload. The transmissions overheard a minute later were much more garbled, even through headphones.

Anyone know if the "Where's my husband" woman was ever identified and if so if they both made it out?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Anyone know if the "Where's my husband" woman was ever identified and if so if they both made it out?
    I researched this last year:

As for the lady wailing "where's my husband" I think we can narrow it down to two ladies: Cynthia Nobles or Angela Ochs. Both made it out the front door and per their witness statements, they were indeed separated from their husbands. The husbands were in the bathroom when the fire started. Edward Nobles got trapped in the front doorway before making it out, and Chad Ochs smashed out a window with a bar stool. So this is a happy ending at least: it seems the lady who was so upset in the Butler video was reunited with her husband a few minutes later.
    There were some other posters commenting about this around that time as well. They agreed that based on the witness comments and survivor list, it appears that no married couples became separated and lost a spouse. Of course, several survivors lost girlfriends, boyfriends or fiancees. And a few married couples died together. So much tragedy in one night!

I researched this last year:

There were some other posters commenting about this around that time as well. They agreed that based on the witness comments and survivor list, it appears that no married couples became separated and lost a spouse. Of course, several survivors lost girlfriends, boyfriends or fiancees. And a few married couples died together. So much tragedy in one night!
    What about the ticket lady? Kelly Vieira. Didn't her husband survive?
    Last edited by Miho; 04-02-2015 at 11:13 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Yep. Scott V.-------wait for it------------

is a prick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by maryd View Post
    Yep. Scott V.-------wait for it------------

is a prick
    sorry I lost it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Oh you're right Miho! That was a married couple with only one survivor, Scott. (I would say more about Scott but Mary beat me to it!) Kelly wasn't the ticket lady though, that was Andrea Mancini. Both she and her husband Steven died.

tjh960 Guest
    Hey gang, I,m glad this thread still has legs!! I drove by the site this morning and still no construction as far as I can tell.

Hey tjh!! Nice to "see" you! Hope you are doing well! I hope construction is able to begin soon. I know this was a rough winter and things need to thaw out/dry up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh you're right Miho! That was a married couple with only one survivor, Scott. (I would say more about Scott but Mary beat me to it!) Kelly wasn't the ticket lady though, that was Andrea Mancini. Both she and her husband Steven died.
    Thank you. I didn't think Kelly was the ticket lady, but for some reason I couldn't think of Andrea's name. I only remembered Kelly because in Scott's friends testimony (I think Kevin Reese) he said that his friends wife was at Shriners and was only identified through her wedding band.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Victim Impact Statements on YouTube

I have begun to post some old VHS footage of the Victim Impact Statements onto YouTube.

Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCey...18vAMH44Kvxzhw

Link to videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCey...4Kvxzhw/videos

It is from the Derderians' plea agreement, not the Biechele sentencing. The quality is crap. Yet the picture came out better on YouTube than on Vimeo, which is curious. Please watch on a very tiny screen in 360 or 480 pixels and you should be able to get the gist. The videos have no thumbnail pictures because all three 'choices' available to select from for each video were blank.

I have begun to post some old VHS footage of the Victim Impact Statements onto YouTube.

It is from the Derderians' plea agreement, not the Biechele sentencing. The quality is crap. Yet the picture came out better on YouTube than on Vimeo, which is curious. Please watch on a very tiny screen in 360 or 480 pixels and you should be able to get the gist. The videos have no thumbnail pictures because all three 'choices' available to select from for each video were blank.
    Thank you so much, RL. These victim impact statements need to be preserved for history. They were not on the hard drive in video or transcribed form.

Just watching one of them, Sarah Telgarsky's daughter's statement, was enough to bring me to tears. There are many more..

Thank you so much, RL. These victim impact statements need to be preserved for history. They were not on the hard drive in video or transcribed form.
    You are very welcome!
    The quality of the video is better on the source VHS tape itself. Even there, it is not perfect because the only local TV station airing the live footage came in a bit blurry through my apartment building's antenna. My cheapo recording method is responsible for much of the loss. I simply set up a digital camera on a tripod in front of the TV and pressed record. I can't justify spending money to have digital transfers made. I've read up on several types of machines and software to DIY, but they seem fraught with more problems than solutions.

If anyone in the Los Angeles area is skilled in VHS-to-digital transfer, let me know and I will consider lending you the tape so that better copies can be made.

karing15 Guest
    Hi everyone! I'm new here (yes, I'm Captain Obvious today). So, about 6 months ago, they were talking about Jeffrey Dahmer's childhood home here in Ohio. I got obsessed for a couple days and read everything about him. Same thing with Lizzy Borden. Then I walked away.

This tragedy has me so hooked I feel like I'm running around in circles. I feel the anguish and pain that these families went through. Their poor kids that were left behind with either both parents perishing or even one is still so heart-breaking. They were all around my age! I LOVE 80's hair bands. Me and my brother grew up on this stuff, me and him have been to so many concerts similar to clubs like this. I feel this pit in my stomach every time I think of how they died or how their families are feeling and I get to the point where I want to throw up but then I'm so intrigued and I can't walk away. I keep trying to talk to my husband or my mom about it and they're like, you're still talking about this? YES! YES I AM! What is wrong with me? My kids see me on my laptop, oh mom, are you watching that fire stuff again? I usually try to save my obsession for the evening after everyone is asleep but then my hubby gets mad cause it's 3 am and I'm still not in bed. Then I found more crazy obsessed people like me and started reading these pages and I felt not so crazy anymore. I so wish I had found you all first before jumping all over the internet for weeks. Thank you for all your hard work and input. You help people like me and I wish I had something to contribute or new to add but I still haven't even made it through the first 1,000 page thread.

I do have one thing to say, Scott V. is a prick. Wow, I hated him before I even knew his name in probably one of the first 3 articles I read. I have so much more to look at so if I come up with anything, I'll let you know. Nice to meet everyone.

Hi karing, welcome! Go ahead and jump in, lots of people have found ways to contribute to the discussion here. I've been amazed at all the little details people in this forum have uncovered. My favorite: someone recently identified the obscure rock music playing over the sound system in the club before Great White took the stage. I still don't know how they figured that out. The CD was Blown by the band Deeds.

It sounds like you've found a lot to read about the fire on the internet. Have you read the book Killer Show yet? If you think you're hooked now, wait until you read it.. it's the definitive account of what happened. Again, welcome.

Nicely done RL. Thanks for this.

The Derderian brothers read their statements prior to sentencing:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sZd...r#action=share

Michael is on the left, Jeffrey on the right. In the gallery, Mike's daughter, Ashely, is in the centre. His son, Alec, to the right of her. Directly behind Ashley with the buzz cut dark hair is Mike and Jeff's stepbrother, David. To the left of him, the older man with silver hair and a wide face is their father, Archie. He died a year after this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sentencing 1.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	257.0 KB 
ID:	52614

Below, Mike's new wife, Kristina Link, is seen behind him with the blonde hair. Jeff's wife, Linda, is on the far right with the brown hair. The woman to the left of her with the black hair is also in their party. They filled the first two rows. There are three people that I don't recognise. The man at far left, behind Mike's lawyer, has the same face as stepmother, Karen, so it's pretty safe to presume he is her brother.

Name:	Sentencing 3.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	52615

Here is Kristina Link again, in the black dress, with her two daughters on the left.

Name:	Sentencing 2.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	52616

karing15 Guest
    Hi karing, welcome! Go ahead and jump in, lots of people have found ways to contribute to the discussion here. I've been amazed at all the little details people in this forum have uncovered. My favorite: someone recently identified the obscure rock music playing over the sound system in the club before Great White took the stage. I still don't know how they figured that out. The CD was Blown by the band Deeds.

It sounds like you've found a lot to read about the fire on the internet. Have you read the book Killer Show yet? If you think you're hooked now, wait until you read it.. it's the definitive account of what happened. Again, welcome.
    Not yet but I definitely want to read it soon! I saw that information about the music, that is great detective work there. I truly blame the bar owners for this tragedy. I realize that the band manager took responsibility but the brothers got off way too easy. If you are going to own a small venue like they did, it is THEIR responsibility to make it a safe place for there customers. There are just way too many things that went so wrong. I swear every time I watch that video I find something else intriguing. I think I see a person hanging out of one of the windows that was busted on fire and they are moving. I really have to get through these witness tapes that survived. Plus those VHS tapes that RL posted. Awesome job. I feel these victims and their families will never get the true justice they deserve.

Hi Karing, welcome, I can relate to what you are saying. The one that got me hooked was Our Lady of Angels, ever since then I have been obsessed with things like this, reading all I can, this in turn made me get into reading about serial killers. You found the right place for this obsession.

For twelve years, I've been thinking that the pyrotechnic display was set up IN FRONT OF the drummer's alcove. From the viewpoint of Butler's video, it appears that way. As seen in this Davidson picture taken off to the side, the pyro was mostly WITHIN the alcove. The two side plumes hammered directly into the walls of the narrow drum space. Only a small portion of the sparks at the very front of the display had the room to spread out in the intended direction. This is even more absurd than I'd thought.
    Name:  snf 34.jpg
Views: 2609
Size:  11.1 KB
    I don't have a larger version of the photo. If I did, I would link to it on a photo-sharing site.

Hooray for FAD forum, John Barylick's book and Dionyzus's SF Public providing me with all the information I need to be a passionate SNF truther! I have read, heard and watched at least 90% of the content available from these precious resources in just five months. Such a worthy cause. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

For twelve years, I've been thinking that the pyrotechnic display was set up IN FRONT OF the drummer's alcove. From the viewpoint of Butler's video, it appears that way. As seen in this Davidson picture taken off to the side, the pyro was mostly WITHIN the alcove. The two side plumes hammered directly into the walls of the narrow drum space. Only a small portion of the sparks at the very front of the display had the room to spread out in the intended direction. This is even more absurd than I'd thought.

I don't have a larger version of the photo. If I did, I would link to it on a photo-sharing site.
    Here is the link to the full size photo on the Google drive. And the next photo that Daniel Davidson took clearly shows the ignition points, which as RL points out are actually *inside* the drummer's alcove.

This is a good point you make, RL. It appears that Biechele placed the gerb board just slightly in front of the drummer's alcove, if not directly under the front edge of it. If it had been a foot or two forward, the fire might not have started. I think the fact that he put it up at the last minute on a dark stage contributed to this erroneous placement. It seems pretty clear from his experiences with angry club owners at other shows on the tour like the Stone Pony in NJ that he deliberately tried to use stealth to place the gerb board just before the show started so he wouldn't have to ask for permission to use pyro. And again, this probably contributed to how the fire started. Note he wasn't the only one who was negligent in all this, but this makes clear his contribution to what ultimately happened.

Ah, that's the one, Dionyzus! I must have saved someone else's version. I will replace it right now. I carefully looked through your photos months ago. I was seeing without seeing.

It may have only taken a small amount of sparks hitting the foam to set it on fire, so even if the gerb board was set up a little farther forward, it probably wouldn't have helped. I can tell you that when I saw GW one week prior and they used the same pyro in a small club like the Station, standing 10-15 from the stage, there was a lot of heat being generated and I almost had to shield my face. I can imagine just a handful of those sparks hitting the foam would light it up. Plus, I think I read in Killer Show that one survivor was credited previously with putting out a small fire on the foam that someone started by bumping with a cigarette.

I am curious about the victims with death dates of February 21st. The fire started around 11:07 pm on the 20th, so most victims were dead within several minutes. I've been watching my old footage again. Several times in the following weeks, Governor Carcieri insisted that no one died after being transported from the scene that night/early morning. The next death did not occur until a week later (Linda Suffoletto.) I have always known that some victims died more than 53 minutes after the fire began. But I did not remember this distinction about them all dying at the scene. Hmm.

Gravestone of Kristine Carbone:
    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&PIpi=68807955

Gravestone of Jimmy Gahan:
    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...v&GRid=7226393

The Governor could have been mistaken. Also, he did not specify that no one died during transport. The coroner, Dr. LaPosata, went through the details of all 100 deaths in her Grand Jury testimony. Only four victims died in Massachussetts (Linda, Kelly, Mitch and Pam.) So I don't see how anyone would have died in an ambulance on the way to one of the specialty burn units, which were all in MA. Those deaths would have been recorded in MA and the autopsies would have taken place there.

Maybe several people WERE found alive after midnight but then declared dead onscene with no hope of being resuscitated in an ambulance AND the paramedics kept good records on them. I would love to know more about this so that it makes sense to me.
    Last edited by RodentLady; 02-04-2017 at 03:35 AM. Reason: spelling

I am curious about the victims with death dates of February 21st. The fire started around 11:07 pm on the 20th, so most victims were dead within several minutes. I've been watching my old footage again. Several times in the following weeks, Governor Carcieri insisted that no one died after being transported from the scene that night/early morning. The next death did not occur until a week later (Linda Suffoletto.) I have always known that some victims died more than 53 minutes after the fire began. But I did not remember this distinction about them all dying at the scene. Hmm.

Gravestone of Christine Carbone:
    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&PIpi=68807955

Gravestone of Jimmy Gahan:
    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...v&GRid=7226393

The Governor could have been mistaken. Also, he did not specify that no one died during transport. The coroner, Dr. LaPosata, went through the details of all 100 deaths in her Grand Jury testimony. Only four victims died in Massachussetts (Linda, Kelly, Mitch and Pam.) So I don't see how anyone would have died in an ambulance on the way to one of the specialty burn units, which were all in MA. Those deaths would have been recorded in MA and the autopsies would have taken place there.

Maybe several people WERE found alive after midnight but then declared dead onscene with no hope of being resuscitated in an ambulance AND the paramedics kept good records on them. I would love to know more about this so that it makes sense to me.
    Maybe they weren't able to declare the deaths till after 12 and into the next morning.

The Derderian brothers read their statements prior to sentencing:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sZd...r#action=share
    I just wanted to repost this link to RL's videos (you can link to her many others from this one) on Youtube. She has uploaded over 3 hours of videos only broadcast on local TV at the time the case was scheduled for trial. As we know it settled out of court, but still these victim impact statements are devastating to watch. There are significant interviews as well with Adam Florio and Raul Vargas. All of these were not on the Google drive, and I think this new material is just as significant as anything on there. I can't recommend enough that people check these out!
    Last edited by dionyzus; 05-04-2015 at 09:26 PM.

Dionyzus:
    I've watched a few of the victim impact statements. I had to stop. They're absolutely heartbreaking. I also saw the interview with Mike Vargas that I'd never seen before. Thanks so much for sharing this link with us!!

P.S. I've noticed in the many statements I've been able to watch thus far, that Jeffrey D. appears truly affected, sad, and remorseful while his POS brother, Michael, simply looks bored and irritated. Oh, how I wish I could reach through the computer and slap him silly!!
    Last edited by maryd; 05-07-2015 at 01:22 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by maryd View Post
    I've noticed in the many statements I've been able to watch thus far, that Jeffrey D. appears truly affected, sad, and remorseful while his POS brother, Michael, simply looks bored and irritated. Oh, how I wish I could reach through the computer and slap him silly!!
    Michael was very demonstrative in the one about Tracy King. King's brother, Jody, was one of the rare family members who didn't blame the Derderians. He even participated in fundraisers with them.
    There's a touching moment where Jody is telling an amusing story about Tracy and in the gallery, Arshag "Archie" Derderian cracks a smile. That struck me for some reason.

What complicated the day even further was the fact that the Derderian brothers lost their mother around 1977. As the youngest, Jeff would have been 10. He did know exactly how it felt to be orphaned in childhood. There is a moment in the statement of Susan Howorth-Pritchard where this fact betrays Jeff. He'd been propping himself up with his elbow on the table. Susan asks, "Are you gonna die too, Mummy?" Jeff's elbow almost slips off the table in a brief loss of control. It was a subtle blip, but to me it spoke volumes about the profundity of this tragedy from all sides.

Speaking of Tracy King, has anyone read any witness statement or other document where he is named as the hero who saved a specific person? I am 90% done reading all of the statements, and I have not found one so far. Same for Matthew Darby. In the older thread, someone mentioned that Darby saved 12 people before he died, but cited no source. I have not seen this in any witness statements, either.
    Last edited by RodentLady; 02-04-2017 at 03:38 AM.

...what other forum is actively discussing this...this one is the best and most informative and great...a lot of the questions I had have been answered and yet there are still many more questions...

That is an interesting point RodentLady...maybe people didn't know them by name....but seems the majority of people in attendance somewhat knew each other...including the staff that worked there...

Quote Originally Posted by bustakita View Post
    ...what other forum is actively discussing this...this one is the best and most informative and great...a lot of the questions I had have been answered and yet there are still many more questions...
    There was one mentioned just a few pages ago, but it costs money to join.

You have "many more questions." Ask them right here. Ask away!! I want to learn everything that can be known about the SNF.

I am in the process of re-reading the older thread. Projo. com has alreadly removed its ten-year anniversary special reports from just two years ago. Grrr..... Such a disappointment. I want to read them again.

Oh I saw that other forum you aren't missing anything if it is that "documenting reality" one. It's just such an event that does weigh on my mind...I wonder if anyone saw themselves in Brian butler's video and how they feel about it being on the internet...

.. I'm also curious as to whom the guy is with the goatee beside Gina R and Freddy C. in the video at the front of the stage. I haven't seen anyone ask this question in either thread.

Speaking of Tracey King, has anyone read any witness statement or other document where he is named as the hero who saved a specific person? I am 90% done reading all of the statements, and I have not found one so far. Same for Matthew Darby. In the older thread, someone mentioned that Darby saved 12 people before he died, but cited no source. I have not seen this in any witness statements, either.
    Chapter 12 of Killer Show mentions Tracy King, saying "Bouncer Tracy King, at six foot two and three hundred pounds, is seen onstage in a late photograph by Dan Davidson, silhouetted against the flames." Several survivors were pushed or thrown out of the atrium windows, and John Barylick implies that King was likely responsible. I am inclined to agree, since King knew exactly how to get out of the building but chose not to attempt an exit until it was too late.
    Last edited by wineandkerosene; 05-19-2015 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wineandkerosene View Post
    Chapter 12 of Killer Show mentions Tracy King, saying "Bouncer Tracy King, at six foot two and three hundred pounds, is seen onstage in a late photograph by Dan Davidson, silhouetted against the flames." Several survivors were pushed or thrown out of the atrium windows, and John Barylick implies that King was likely responsible. I am inclined to agree, since King knew exactly how to get out of the building but chose not to attempt an exit until it was too late.
    Thank you, wineandkerosene. I have that photo:

Attachment 52697

(This is trivial, but it's curious how Barylick describes him as 6'2" when Tracey's brother describes him as 6'1" and the Missing Person report filed on him describes him as 6'0.")
    Tracey's brother, Jody, reported that several survivors came up to him right after the fire and told him that Tracey had saved them. Somehow I thought that finally reading all 50,000 pages of the AG's documents would yield a few people who stated this 'on the record.' So far, not one of the witness statements (I'm 90% done reading them) taken in the days, weeks, months and years after the fire mentions him by name or description. There are a few statements from people pushed or thrown through the atrium and even more from the bar windows, but none of them saw his/her saviour through the blind smoke. So who were the people that went up to Jody and why did they not share this information in their witness statements?

I found a brief reference to Matthew Darby's heroism on one of the memorial sites. To paraphrase, the family told the newspaper that they were told by police or fire personnel that Darby had saved people.
    ------

Bustakita: Yes, this man would be pretty easy to ID if we had other photos of him from real life. Since we don't, that probably means that he survived! Whoo hoo. I found his pic on an earlier page.

Attachment 52698

I noticed this woman for the first time:Attachment 52700Attachment 52699

She looks like a picture of Tina "Blackie" Ayer that I've seen . NOT the common photo of her most often used, she looked younger in that. It was a memorial photo that her family made of her, holding up her knuckeles to show off all of her rings. She looked 30-something, had long dark hair. She resembled this woman.
    Last edited by RodentLady; 05-20-2015 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Straightened out photos

RodentLady, I can't see that attachment so I don't know ...by the way I'm reading through the witness statements which are quite sad and one of the the most descriptive one was Elizabeth Arruda. I can't remember whose else I read but she had me crying...hers was descriptive and made me feel as if I was in this tragic event...