Thread: Paul Simon

Paul Simon

Paul Simon and wife Edie Brickell arrested for domestic abuse.http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/28/showbi...ted/index.html
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

I wouldn't argue with her!
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

50 Ways to Beat your Lover...

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ahahahaha good one

PurrPurr Guest
    *rimshot* LOL

I suspect that this little tiff was brought on by too much consumption perhaps??

I don't really buy their story that it was a very rare argument that turned into a pushing match. Loving relationships do not go from rarely arguing to pushing each other around.

I read somewhere that they were arguing and Paul wanted to leave and Edie blocked the door. Her mother called 911.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

lisalouver Guest
    I was worried he had kicked the bucket!

His wife is only a year older then me, haha didnt know Paul still had it in him LOL

Sounds like a bit of what my Dad would call John Barley Corn (booze) was probably involved.

I wonder if they will come out as separated soon?

Maybe Paul is in early dementia. Glen Campbell was put away because he was too strong to deal with. Edie closed the door because she was afraid Paul would run away. Just saying..
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    I wouldn't argue with her!
    I would, but I'd do it lying down. I'm passive-aggressive like that.

Ah. but we all know that, unlike Phil Spector, Paul would not be convicted by a jury of his peers, 'cause he's still crazy after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    . . .
    His wife is only a year older then me, haha didnt know Paul still had it in him LOL

. . .
    If she had had it in her, maybe the argument wouldn't have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post

If she had had it in her, maybe the argument wouldn't have happened.
    Ka-BOOM!!!

I don't know about dementia in the case of Paul. He just finished a tour with Sting not long ago. Something certainly would have been published had he acted strangely or was wandering around. Excellent remarks, Rosebud666! It was all over the evening news, all about the shoving match in the evening news. Either Paul or Edie might have stated, "I don't want no part of this crazy love"
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    I don't know about dementia in the case of Paul. He just finished a tour with Sting not long ago. Something certainly would have been published had he acted strangely or was wandering around. Excellent remarks, Rosebud666! It was all over the evening news, all about the shoving match in the evening news. Either Paul or Edie might have stated, "I don't want no part of this crazy love"
    Glen Campbell was also touring before they finally had to put him away. I saw Charleton Heston before he announced too and I would not have known. My remarks have to do more with Paul's physical appearance. He does not look well. I just think something is wrong.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    Glen Campbell was also touring before they finally had to put him away. I saw Charleton Heston before he announced too and I would not have known. My remarks have to do more with Paul's physical appearance. He does not look well. I just think something is wrong.
    That's an odd coincidence: Paul said exactly the same thing to me about you yesterday. You should give him a call and put his fears to rest for good.

Did their kid's team win? Don't leave me hanging!
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    Did their kid's team win? Don't leave me hanging!
    I don't know . . . at one point he just started muttering something cryptic about someone having "diamonds on the soles of her shoes" and sort of wandered off. But before he left, he did tell me that I could call him "Al". That really made my day!

Well, for those of us who thought alcohol was involved in this rare argument between Paul and Edie, we were right. The police said they could detect the familiar scent of booze on both of them.

[QUOTE=Rosebud666;1450954
    Ah. but we all know that, unlike Phil Spector, Paul would not be convicted by a jury of his peers, 'cause he's still crazy after all these years.
    [/QUOTE]

I still say we need a "Like" button here.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

I don't know . . . at one point he just started muttering something cryptic about someone having "diamonds on the soles of her shoes" and sort of wandered off. But before he left, he did tell me that I could call him "Al". That really made my day!
    Did Paul call you "Betty", Rosbud666?
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

"Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

I hope they work it out one way or another. He has made a great contribution to music. Neither mental illness or spousal abuse is all that funny in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    Well, for those of us who thought alcohol was involved in this rare argument between Paul and Edie, we were right. The police said they could detect the familiar scent of booze on both of them.
    Bet it was his old spice aftershave lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wonder if Paul and Edie are getting along now...
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I wonder if Paul and Edie are getting along now...
    Haven't heard a thing in the news at all so they must all lovey dovey now LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    When I read Garfunkel's take on things yesterday, I really LOL at "creating a monster" by being nice to Simon when they were kids. I'm sure there is some truth to his grumblings. But we all have grumblings on people who we grew up with or family. But, I can feel a little bitterness on Art's part. Yeah, it ended while they were on top. And Simon stayed on top without him. I remember reading a while back that Simon was jealous of Art's acting career back then and that added to the breakup (again, Art's take on things). Art will be asked about Simon till the day he dies. Probably due to what else can Art be asked about? He never had the career that Simon had. Though, I did always loved Art's cover of "I only have eyes for you" many years ago.

I have always loved their recordings back then. I still get chills listening to BOTW.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 05-25-2015 at 04:28 AM.
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    When I read Garfunkel's take on things yesterday, I really LOL at "creating a monster" by being nice to Simon when they were kids. I'm sure there is some truth to his grumblings. But we all have grumblings on people who we grew up with or family. But, I can feel a little bitterness on Art's part. Yeah, it ended while they were on top. And Simon stayed on top without him. I remember reading a while back that Simon was jealous of Art's acting career back then and that added to the breakup (again, Art's take on things). Art will be asked about Simon till the day he dies. Probably due to what else can Art be asked about? He never had the career that Simon had. Though, I did always loved Art's cover of "I only have eyes for you" many years ago.

I have always loved their recordings back then. I still get chills listening to BOTW.
    Wasn't it Paul who wrote all the songs? Anybody with a really good voice could have done them justice but not many can write like that. Also, who is the one that went on to sell records solo while the other had one hit that I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    Wasn't it Paul who wrote all the songs? Anybody with a really good voice could have done them justice but not many can write like that. Also, who is the one that went on to sell records solo while the other had one hit that I can remember.

Exactly! Art's career pretty much petered out after the break up. His one hit (which I do love) was way back in 1975. Some films under his belt, but that's really it. Someone needs to offer Art a little cheese with his wine.
    Cindy

Garfunkel is just jealous. Sorry, not sorry. But, I always thought Simon was so much better. Love his solo work.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

Most people do not know that Art was not going in a show business direction. When he was in Simon and Garfunkel he was a PhD candidate at Columbia University in Mathematics. Art's brother was a pioneer in the computer language Cobol. Art left the PhD program to follow Simon around. Paul used him. Paul's songs are mostly plagiarized . People know Parsely . Sage , Rosemary and Tyme was an old English Ballard. Graceland was a jam session featuring various musicians but Paul took full credit. Paul takes credit for most things but there is a list of contributors along the way. Most perceptions and of Paul are false.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    Most people do not know that Art was not going in a show business direction. When he was in Simon and Garfunkel he was a PhD candidate at Columbia University in Mathematics. Art's brother was a pioneer in the computer language Cobol. Art left the PhD program to follow Simon around. Paul used him. Paul's songs are mostly plagiarized . People know Parsely . Sage , Rosemary and Tyme was an old English Ballard. Graceland was a jam session featuring various musicians but Paul took full credit. Paul takes credit for most things but there is a list of contributors along the way. Most perceptions and of Paul are false.
    Paul Simon is one of the most masterful songwriters alive. Adapting traditional tunes that are in the public domain is not plagiarism. If it was, Aaron Copland would be a plagiarist, since he stole one of the themes of Appalachian Spring from the Shakers. Bartok, Dvorak, Beethoven, Chopin, Ralph Vaughn Williams - all plagiarists.

Anyway, as musicologist Charles Seeger once observed, "plagiarism is basic to all culture". Or as Woody Guthrie once said about another songwriter "oh, he just stole from me - but I steal from everybody!"

Love his music, wish him well.

If all it took was stealing from somebody else we'd all be great novelists, poets and song writers.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

The problem with stealing is that you should at least attribute your source. I have seen many artist attribute their work to others? Paul Simon just slaps on everything 'words and music' by Paul Simon.

Edna St. Vincent Millay