Thread: Lorenzo Semple, Jr

Lorenzo Semple, Jr

If you are a child of the 60s - raised on television - you've seen the name Lorenzo Semple Jr at least eleventy billion times - crawling across your television set.

The creator of the Batman TV show, and the screenwriter of The Parallax View and Three Days of the Condor died on Friday - the day following his 91st birthday.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/crea...91-1201149758/

He also contributed to Papillon and The Drowning Pool

VCNJ~
    Professional Thread-Killer

I can't say I recall the name; of course while the Batman credits rolled I was more likely wearing my plastic Batman Utility Belt and my mask cut from an old pillow case and my towel as a cape fastened by a safety pin around my neck and dancing the Batusi while yelling "POW!" and "WHAM!"

RIP Mr. Semple; and thanks for the memories and entertainment.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

So he wrote stuff like "Holy red tractor Batman," amongst other gems. heheheheh

If you get the chance, take a look at 'Reel Geezers' at Youtube as described in the original article.

R.I.P.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Giada Guest
    He was a wonderful critic ...

I thoroughly enjoyed Reel Geezers, subscribed to it on you tube. He was a true bridge with the audience. I was amazed at the number of youth who enjoyed and supported him. And I was one of those who did beg for more ... .

Bidmor Guest
    I remember Semple from Batman and other tv shows, but did not notice his involvement in Parallax View and Condor...two excellent thrillers.