Thread: John Henson, son of Jim and voice of Sweetums, 48

Seagorath Guest

John Henson, son of Jim and voice of Sweetums, 48

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post

Its time to put on makeup.....
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Aw dammit.... This has been a really bad week for celebrities....
    RIP
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

Seagorath Guest
    48 is young. Why are so many people in their 30s and 40s dying of heart attacks? One of my best friends died at 32 from a heart attack last year...another one, died at 41 just a few weeks ago. Something isn't adding up. Stress?

48 is young. Why are so many people in their 30s and 40s dying of heart attacks? One of my best friends died at 32 from a heart attack last year...another one, died at 41 just a few weeks ago. Something isn't adding up. Stress?
    I lost a friend in 2012 to a massive heart attack and he was 42. He was one of the most laid back people I'd ever met (big stoner ).
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

Seagorath Guest
    I couldn't care less.
    Last edited by Seagorath; 02-16-2014 at 08:27 AM.

Died young, just like his dad.

Wendy A. Guest
    How sad! Rip Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Died young, just like his dad.
    I just read a book about Jim Henson, sad about his
    young death.
    Hope the truth will come out one day.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Sucks to be a Henson.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

The Henson family seem to be all Christian Scientist's
    (pray the pain away) maybe that is why Jim Henson let
    his infection progress to the terminal stage.

I don't know the reason, but heart attacks occurring before age 55 are generally less survivable.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Sucks to be a Henson.
    Sadly, this is why the Henson family will all die young.
    Because they are Christian Scientists.

Who seem to hate all medical doctors.
    (pray the pain away) is not going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Sadly, this is why the Henson family will all die young.
    Because they are Christian Scientists.

Who seem to hate all medical doctors.
    (pray the pain away) is not going to work.
    I believe I'd try praying the pain away while the ER staff took other approaches.
    If I ever have a medical emergency and I'm being loaded into an ambulance; I doubt I'll be hoping to get rushed to the nearest priest.

I've always heard that heart attacks at a young age are more often fatal; I've never heard an explanation as to why.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I believe I'd try praying the pain away while the ER staff took other approaches.
    If I ever have a medical emergency and I'm being loaded into an ambulance; I doubt I'll be hoping to get rushed to the nearest priest.

I've always heard that heart attacks at a young age are more often fatal; I've never heard an explanation as to why.
    This is just a guess from my own experience. I wasn't exactly young at 54, but when I had a heart attack, they said I would have died had there not been a tech aboard the ambulance who knew how to intubate. You would think there would be a tech with this skill on every ambulance, but, according to the tech who talked to my then cop NIL there isn't.

I believe in the power of prayer, but I also believe in the skills of the physician.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-17-2018 at 06:49 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    This is just a guess from my own experience. I wasn't exactly young at 54, but when I had a heart attack, they said I would have died had there not been a tech aboard the ambulance who knew how to intubate. You would think there would be a tech with this skill on every ambulance, but, according to the tech who talked to my then cop NIL there isn't.

I believe in the power of prayer, but I also believe in the skills of the physician.
    Seems like intubation would be a basic, primary skill for EMT's or any medical people who handle trauma or emergencies.
    Sort of like every auto mechanic knowing how to check the oil or transmission fluid; but I don't know much about such things.

I always figured that prayer can't hurt anything, but I'll bet on medical science every time.

The evidence is in - you can't cure leprosy by sacrificing a couple of pigeons.

The way that I reconcile science with religion so that they don't have to cancel each other out is by assigning dominion over physical matters to science and non-physical matters to religion.

If it can be measured, science is the key to understanding it.
    If it cannot be measured, science can't do anything with it other than speculate without evidence; and that would not be proper science.

I'll put my 2 cents in and then shut up: I fully and wholeheartedly believe in the power of prayer. Ya'll know most of my story (I wasn't given much of a chance of survival at birth and, if I did, I wouldn't know anyone or ever learn how to do anything - in other words, I was supposed to live in a vegetative state for my entire life (and that, in and of itself, was where the doctors only said I'd live until about 10 years old). I'm about to turn 42 on May 20, 2018. Point is, there were a LOT of my family members and (I'm sure) friends who were praying daily for me. I finally came home from the hospital when I was 16 months old and learned how to walk (which they also said I'd never do) by literally walking on other people's feet. I believe that there's a God - one God. And it wasn't the "Big Bang" that created the universe. Nobody will ever tell me different or make me believe different.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I'll put my 2 cents in and then shut up: I fully and wholeheartedly believe in the power of prayer. Ya'll know most of my story (I wasn't given much of a chance of survival at birth and, if I did, I wouldn't know anyone or ever learn how to do anything - in other words, I was supposed to live in a vegetative state for my entire life (and that, in and of itself, was where the doctors only said I'd live until about 10 years old). I'm about to turn 42 on May 20, 2018. Point is, there were a LOT of my family members and (I'm sure) friends who were praying daily for me. I finally came home from the hospital when I was 16 months old and learned how to walk (which they also said I'd never do) by literally walking on other people's feet. I believe that there's a God - one God. And it wasn't the "Big Bang" that created the universe. Nobody will ever tell me different or make me believe different.
    Amen! My youngest great nephew developed a cyst that extended from his neck to the tip of his spine. The doctors said that if the cyst didn't consume him, there was a chance he would be born with Downs or worse, and/or heart and kidney problems. A doctor or nurse whispered "abortion" into my niece's ear. But she refused to consider that option. Hundreds of people in the family, Facebook, and whole churches prayed for that sweet little babe. And one by one he passed every test and all that remained was the cyst. And one day the doctors were shocked out of their socks to discover that the cyst was gone. My niece was so overwhelmed she almost hit a parked car on the way home. That babe is now a thriving, giggly 14 months old.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-18-2018 at 10:58 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

My opinions in the matter have no invisible means of support.

I had to Google Christian Scientists thanks to our friend theotherlondon.
    I've heard of them of course, but I had no idea what their beliefs are.

Holy crap.

Now what on earth can you see in the world around you that confirms beliefs like that?

My opinions in the matter have no invisible means of support.

I had to Google Christian Scientists thanks to our friend theotherlondon.
    I've heard of them of course, but I had no idea what their beliefs are.

Holy crap.

Now what on earth can you see in the world around you that confirms beliefs like that?
    I do not hold with Christian Scientist. But, as far as the Bible is concerned, belief is faith of things unseen.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I do not hold with Christian Scientist. But, as far as the Bible is concerned, belief is faith of things unseen.
    Sure - I get that.
    But what about the things that we do see?

Disease or sicknesses wiping out populations before there were vaccines and medicines would tend to suggest to me that it's fine to pray for a cure; but actually taking the cure might be prudent if one is available.

Sure - I get that.
    But what about the things that we do see?

Disease or sicknesses wiping out populations before there were vaccines and medicines would tend to suggest to me that it's fine to pray for a cure; but actually taking the cure might be prudent if one is available.
    Certainly. In fact, St. Luke (of the Gospel by that name) was a physician. You've heard the saying Pray and pass the ammunition? You can also say Pray and get to a doctor.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-18-2018 at 08:16 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

RIP