Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Philip Seymour Hoffman

DrDeath Guest
    So my gaydar wasn't entirely wrong I guess. However talking to the Enquirer of all rags and so soon.....classless. Even in grief

Quote Originally Posted by tamiele View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but is heroin the drug that makes people dope sick with repeated use?? I read an amazing story about one of the prostitutes who were murdered in Vancouver, B.C., by Robert Pickton. When she was thinking clearly she had penned an amazing description of what the body goes through when detoxing from that. It sounds horrific to say the least.
    Yes, very much so. That's what keeps opiate addicts from getting off of it. The fear of withdrawal used to terrify me, but eventually enough was enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    So now the Nat Enq is running a story that David Katz is it ? was his lover and they say he gave them an interview saying he saw PSH freebasing coke the night before he died .This was in the good old Daily Mail just now . I think a few people on this thread mentioned they thought he was gay . I have no idea - just saying what I read .
    David Katz is saying that he never gave NE an interview and that they were NOT gay lovers and that he plans to sue NE for libel.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1603049
    Any day above ground is a good day.

The medication to get off heroin could have been Methadone or Subutex. I doubt it was Suboxone because that has a medication in it that blocks the effects of opiates.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    The medication to get off heroin could have been Methadone or Subutex. I doubt it was Suboxone because that has a medication in it that blocks the effects of opiates.
    My guess would be Methadone, because it is supposed to mimic the effects of Heroin but minimizes the withdrawal symptoms. In other words, the same bang but longer, supposedly less dangerous (although folks OD from Methadone all the time), and breaks the physical addiction to Heroin itself.

I was on Subutex and Suboxone and they both take away the withdrawal symptoms, too. I don't know what the difference is when people are given Methadone vs. Subs. I personally did not want to take Methadone because I heard that was harder to get off than opiates. When I used the Subs they made me feel completely normal, no withdrawal symptoms at all. But I've known people who have still used even after (or rather while) on both Subutex and Methadone.

eta: From the little googling I did it looks like Methadone is generally used for bigger habits (est. more than $100 a day in heroin) but it is harder to come off of. For the amount of heroin he had it would seem he would be on methadone, but if he went in and got it last year after a brief relapse they could have just put him on subs. I don't know. I guess we'll find out. One girl I knew was on subs after a $250 a day habit. She didn't have withdrawal symptoms but she still felt the urge to use.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 02-05-2014 at 01:03 PM.

Well the Nat Enq should be sued if that's the case . How do they get away with half of the rubbish they write ? but at a time like this ? shows no respect for PSH family at all .

I was on Subutex and Suboxone and they both take away the withdrawal symptoms, too. I don't know what the difference is when people are given Methadone vs. Subs. I personally did not want to take Methadone because I heard that was harder to get off than opiates. When I used the Subs they made me feel completely normal, no withdrawal symptoms at all. But I've known people who have still used even after (or rather while) on both Subutex and Methadone.

eta: From the little googling I did it looks like Methadone is generally used for bigger habits (est. more than $100 a day in heroin) but it is harder to come off of. For the amount of heroin he had it would seem he would be on methadone, but if he went in and got it last year after a brief relapse they could have just put him on subs. I don't know. I guess we'll find out. One girl I knew was on subs after a $250 a day habit. She didn't have withdrawal symptoms but she still felt the urge to use.
    Interesting. One thing is certain, Bettie: You and I are both miracles, to be alive and breathing and clean from opiates. We could have both died, but didn't. Congratulations to us!

Well the Nat Enq should be sued if that's the case . How do they get away with half of the rubbish they write ? but at a time like this ? shows no respect for PSH family at all .
    So weird, as NE has been correct on many huge stories lately. It's possible that NE could come out and win the libel case, based on their records. Who knows what the truth is these days.

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    Interesting. One thing is certain, Bettie: You and I are both miracles, to be alive and breathing and clean from opiates. We could have both died, but didn't. Congratulations to us!

So weird, as NE has been correct on many huge stories lately. It's possible that NE could come out and win the libel case, based on their records. Who knows what the truth is these days.
    Yes definitely!! It's a tough road, that is for sure! Cheers to us!
    The NE has been correct a lot. I agree with that. It will be interesting if this goes to court.

sjskt3 Guest
    Looks like it might be Suboxone that was found in PSH's apt according to ABC news.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=22358737

David Bar Katz is suing the National Enquirer for $50 million.

http://highlighthollywood.com/2014/0...ollywood-news/

I was really saddened Sunday morning when I heard. A real shame....I feel for his kids. I had forgotten he was in 'Twister' which came out in like `96. Loved him in 'Boogie Nights', 'Magnolia', 'Capote', 'Doubt' but probably my favorite film of his would have to be 'The Talented Mr. Ripley' playing Freddy Miles. Great movie! Sounds like he was at an AAA or NA meeting recently because he had started drinking too, but obviously it didn`t help. He had a lot to live for, it`s unfortunate he couldn`t get a handle on his problems.
    - Chris

mikedev Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    So this guy was planning to die.
    Perhaps he was planning to get clean. I have a friend who died a few years ago under similar circumstances; needle in his arm, bags of heroin lying about. He had been in rehab before and had to decided to reenter rehab on a Monday. He had made arrangements to do so. On the Saturday night before he was was to go into rehab, he overdosed. For a time leading up to that he had been using, but not really enough to get hi. Just enough to avoid going through withdrawal. Apparently he wanted to go on one last binge before he had to deal with detox.

Perhaps Phillip Seymour had similar motivations. But it is all just speculation now.

Seagorath Guest
    The Bayer company created Heroin. It was invented as an intervention for opium addicts. And it backfired terribly.

I feel the same way, Buttercup. It really tarnishes my opinion of him that he selfishly chose drugs over his kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    The Bayer company created Heroin. It was invented as an intervention for opium addicts. And it backfired terribly.
    They also invented Zyklon B.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post

whoa ! if he wins , that's no small change . It could mean the end of the tabloid ?

I think a few people on this thread mentioned they thought he was gay . I have no idea - just saying what I read .
    Between his role as Scotty in Boogie Nights and Capote... I would venture to say he could very well be gay. I know he was acting, but you have to bring a piece of yourself to the role for it to work... and it definitely worked in his case.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedev View Post
    Perhaps he was planning to get clean. I have a friend who died a few years ago under similar circumstances; needle in his arm, bags of heroin lying about. He had been in rehab before and had to decided to reenter rehab on a Monday. He had made arrangements to do so. On the Saturday night before he was was to go into rehab, he overdosed. For a time leading up to that he had been using, but not really enough to get hi. Just enough to avoid going through withdrawal. Apparently he wanted to go on one last binge before he had to deal with detox.

Perhaps Phillip Seymour had similar motivations. But it is all just speculation now.
    Sure, it's possible... although 50 bags of heroin is one hell of a binge.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice_Layne View Post
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...-29983907.html

States that Post Mortem was inconclusive and tests pending.

Also says other drugs found included a muscle relaxant, blood pressure meds and a drug to treat heroin addiction-would that be methodone?
    Poor guy-was obviously in a lot of pain-mentally and physically. Such a loss-a real artist-don't get many actors like him.
    My money would be on Suboxone.

Quote Originally Posted by sjskt3 View Post
    Looks like it might be Suboxone that was found in PSH's apt according to ABC news.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=22358737
    yeah, that is what I thought right away.

On the gay note, I never thought that he was gay, I always thought of him as more of a loner. I was actually quite surprised to see that he had three kids though..

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    David Katz is saying that he never gave NE an interview and that they were NOT gay lovers and that he plans to sue NE for libel.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1603049
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post

Good, good, good! I hope he kicks their ass and that worthless rag NE goes away forever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

RebelRocker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    My money would be on Suboxone.

yeah, that is what I thought right away.

On the gay note, I never thought that he was gay, I always thought of him as more of a loner. I was actually quite surprised to see that he had three kids though..

i was surprised as well. i have read they had been together for quite some time as well.

If it was Suboxone I wonder if that had a play in the overdose. Suboxone contains Naloxone that blocks the high from opiates. So if you've taken a Sub in the last 2 days or so you won't get the high. If it still slows your heart rate and has the physical effects maybe he was taking more than usual because he wasn't achieving the high he was looking for. Just a theory. ?

Great point Bettie. I think you nailed it.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Wendy A. Guest
    If it was Suboxone I wonder if that had a play in the overdose. Suboxone contains Naloxone that blocks the high from opiates. So if you've taken a Sub in the last 2 days or so you won't get the high. If it still slows your heart rate and has the physical effects maybe he was taking more than usual because he wasn't achieving the high he was looking for. Just a theory. ?
    He seemed like a smart man, surely he would have known this? This and the amount of stuff found there makes me wonder if he wasn't trying to kill himself?

You Americans have an inordinate knowledge of drugs. I guess that comes from the drug companies marketing to the population directly, and that so many of you take them. I know zip about them. Look in my bathroom cabinet and you will find half a pack of Panadol (Tylanol in the States), that's it. Oh, and asprin. But I mainly use that in the water of cut flowers, keeps 'em alive longer. In Australia drug companies cannot market drugs directly to the public, it's not in our face. So that would lead us to being less informed than you. I wasn't in the least surprised when Heath died from an overdose. Like most Aussies, he wouldn't have had a clue about which drug to mix with what. That is the danger of going to multiple doctors, self medicating and mixing drugs. We got a shit load of drugs in Australia; MDMA, speed, grass (my personal fav), coke, heroin etc, but not a fraction as much prescription medication addiction that you guys do. Ours are usually to do with sleepin pills and pain killers. So when you all go on about these drugs (except methodone), you could be speaking Japanese as far as I know. One thing I won't die of is a drug overdose (how many bongs in one sitting will do you in? This I do need to know).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Depends on what quality you're putting in that bong bro. Pharmaceutical pills are extremely easy to get here. As an example when I was a teen and doing the things I did I would buy pills by weight. Seriously I bought them in half gallon bags or boxes of cards with 90 pills per card. Xanax cost me $0.25 and sold for $3-$5 and that was the cheapest pill available. Morphine and oxycontin went for $1 per milligram and I paid $5 per pill. 10-80 milligram pills. Tell me that wouldn't attract a poor kid wanting to make some money. I was hospitalized three separate times for eroding my stomach lining eating pills. I can't even count the friends that died along the way. And this isn't even taking into account the "street" drugs. You can't imagine the profits in crack cocaine. Well I suppose you could if you tried. I won't break down the figures because it would involve the recipe for making crack and a how to on selling it to show just how much profit can be involved. I would hate to tempt some young entrepreneur on the forum. Plus it's probably against the rules. Drugs are a huge culture here in the states. You already know what it cost me and probably guess what it cost the people around me. Drugs are bad business. But I still smoke pot and likely will for a long time.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    He seemed like a smart man, surely he would have known this? This and the amount of stuff found there makes me wonder if he wasn't trying to kill himself?
    He definitely seemed like a smart guy but smart people do dumb things when it comes to drugs. I think some people don't realize how long Subs last. Even tho it's usually taken 1-2 times a day I think it stays in your system up to 3 days, which might cause some confusion. I know someone who took oxycodone 2 days after taking a suboxone and it did nothing for her. She kept taking more thinking it would somehow "override" the subs but it didn't. I think she said the 3rd day after the sub she finally got a high from it.

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    They also invented Zyklon B.
    Holy Crap!!! I didn't know that! Why would a "legitimate" pharmaceutical company invent something like that?! Was it intended to have an application other than murder? Delousing; maybe; I can't imagine!

You Americans have an inordinate knowledge of drugs. I guess that comes from the drug companies marketing to the population directly, and that so many of you take them. I know zip about them. Look in my bathroom cabinet and you will find half a pack of Panadol (Tylanol in the States), that's it. Oh, and asprin. But I mainly use that in the water of cut flowers, keeps 'em alive longer. In Australia drug companies cannot market drugs directly to the public, it's not in our face. So that would lead us to being less informed than you. I wasn't in the least surprised when Heath died from an overdose. Like most Aussies, he wouldn't have had a clue about which drug to mix with what. That is the danger of going to multiple doctors, self medicating and mixing drugs. We got a shit load of drugs in Australia; MDMA, speed, grass (my personal fav), coke, heroin etc, but not a fraction as much prescription medication addiction that you guys do. Ours are usually to do with sleepin pills and pain killers. So when you all go on about these drugs (except methodone), you could be speaking Japanese as far as I know. One thing I won't die of is a drug overdose (how many bongs in one sitting will do you in? This I do need to know).
    You are right; IMO Neil. In our culture for a long time the answer to any personal problem has a been a bottle of pills or syrup. In my medicine cabinet you will find only a bottle of aspirin; a left over box of Alka-Seltzer Cold Plus and some Neosporin Ointment for cuts that might get infected. That's not to say that I have always been that way; but for many years so. For a number of years I have been developing "driving anxiety". It started with a mild discomfort with driving over bridges (which is unfortunate when you live surrounded by water) and finally reached the point where it was a real problem. My doctor prescribed a pill; I think it was called Lexapro; that is somehow supposed to help you deal with that stuff. I took it all of twice and then just decided to deal with the anxiety rather than taking a daily medication for what I knew was an unfounded psychological issue; albeit with perceived physical symptoms that seem very real and terrifying when they visit you; and no amount of logical thinking can lay them aside when they strike. I didn't care to walk around medicated every day. My ex; who is a Nurse Practicioner (sp?) tells me I should have given it three to six months; that it would have helped. I didn't. I have friends who at the time had a 14 year old daughter who was "upset and depressed" about breaking up with her boyfriend; their doctor promptly put her on Xanax rather than telling her that it was part of growing up and learning how to deal with emotional stuff as we grow into adulthood. Those same parents bought a "boob job" for their 14 year old daughter in order to increase her feelings of self worth; damn; she was suddenly stacked. She was so pretty before.

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    Depends on what quality you're putting in that bong bro. Pharmaceutical pills are extremely easy to get here. As an example when I was a teen and doing the things I did I would buy pills by weight. Seriously I bought them in half gallon bags or boxes of cards with 90 pills per card. Xanax cost me $0.25 and sold for $3-$5 and that was the cheapest pill available. Morphine and oxycontin went for $1 per milligram and I paid $5 per pill. 10-80 milligram pills. Tell me that wouldn't attract a poor kid wanting to make some money. I was hospitalized three separate times for eroding my stomach lining eating pills. I can't even count the friends that died along the way. And this isn't even taking into account the "street" drugs. You can't imagine the profits in crack cocaine. Well I suppose you could if you tried. I won't break down the figures because it would involve the recipe for making crack and a how to on selling it to show just how much profit can be involved. I would hate to tempt some young entrepreneur on the forum. Plus it's probably against the rules. Drugs are a huge culture here in the states. You already know what it cost me and probably guess what it cost the people around me. Drugs are bad business. But I still smoke pot and likely will for a long time.
    Thanks; Mc.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Holy Crap!!! I didn't know that! Why would a "legitimate" pharmaceutical company invent something like that?! Was it intended to have an application other than murder? Delousing; maybe; I can't imagine!
    I made a mistake. It was the companies Dessauer Werke für Zucker, and Chemische Werke who made it, not Bayer.

Originally it was developed as a pesticide which eventually replaced Zyklon A. It is made primarily of cyanide (prussic acid). The Germans had been using prussic acid for ages in war, on the end of bayonets for instance, and the French in artillery shells in WW1. The Americans used it to fumigate freight train carriages and the clothes of Mexican Immigrants. We know what is was also used for and I don't want to go there. They did hang one of the inventors of it because he sold it to the NAZI's through his pest control company.

Zyklon B, as a form of cyanide, functions by interfering with cellular respiration. Cellular respiration is the process through which cells combine their “food” (proteins and sugars) with oxygen to create ATP, which is the energy a cell needs to do its job and replicate itself. By interfering with the creation of ATP, Zyklon B kills its victims from the inside out, all the way down to the cellular level. Its victims literally felt their bodies die, piece by piece.

Still made in the Czech Republic and is called Uragan D2.

We have strayed waaay off-topic. Sorry folks.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 02-06-2014 at 08:09 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seagorath Guest
    From the internet...

1936: DuPont obtains a patent license to manufacture synthetic plastic fibers from German industrial giant I.G. Farben Corporation. The patent license is obtained as part Germany's reparation payments to the United States after World War I.

A few years later, I.G. Farben manufactures deadly Zyklon-B gas, used in Nazi death camps to murder millions of Jews (along with many homosexuals and drug users). DuPont owned and financed approximately 30% of Hitler's I.G. Corps.

according to the interwebs... he knew he was going to die on the course he was on, so he wasn't TRYING to end it... but he knew it was coming. They also blamed a drink he had at the wrap party for "The Master" on his death. He was clean for 23 years prior to that drink and that drink is what led to his interest in heroin which I guess made him like a kid in a candy store going nuts to try every flavor. The internet said it, so it's true.

I made a mistake. It was the companies Dessauer Werke für Zucker, and Chemische Werke who made it, not Bayer.

Originally it was developed as a pesticide which eventually replaced Zyklon A. It is made primarily of cyanide (prussic acid). The Germans had been using prussic acid for ages in war, on the end of bayonets for instance, and the French in artillery shells in WW1. The Americans used it to fumigate freight train carriages and the clothes of Mexican Immigrants. We know what is was also used for and I don't want to go there. They did hang one of the inventors of it because he sold it to the NAZI's through his pest control company.

Zyklon B, as a form of cyanide, functions by interfering with cellular respiration. Cellular respiration is the process through which cells combine their “food” (proteins and sugars) with oxygen to create ATP, which is the energy a cell needs to do its job and replicate itself. By interfering with the creation of ATP, Zyklon B kills its victims from the inside out, all the way down to the cellular level. Its victims literally felt their bodies die, piece by piece.

From the internet...

1936: DuPont obtains a patent license to manufacture synthetic plastic fibers from German industrial giant I.G. Farben Corporation. The patent license is obtained as part Germany's reparation payments to the United States after World War I.

A few years later, I.G. Farben manufactures deadly Zyklon-B gas, used in Nazi death camps to murder millions of Jews (along with many homosexuals and drug users). DuPont owned and financed approximately 30% of Hitler's I.G. Corps.
    You are absolutely right, Jim. Zyklon B is a pesticide and was originally used for that purpose on incoming prisoners to the work camps. When the 'final solution' came about there were several 'trial and error' methods and gassing with Zyklon B was eventually chosen as the 'winner'. (Very interesting 6pt documentary on the subject called "Auschwitz: The Nazis and the Final Solution" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446610/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1)

I.G. Farben was a 'sister company' to Bayer. Basically several companies came together in WWI to form IG Farben (but Bayer owned a large percentage). One board member of both companies was tried and found guilty at Nuremburg, but eventually released from prison for 'good behavior'.

Back on topic: Loved PSH and I always felt that if he was in a film (even a small role) that the script would be good. I 'trusted' him when it came to movies... if that makes sense. Not surprised he had demons.
    Last edited by Dulcinea; 02-07-2014 at 07:27 AM.

RebelRocker Guest
    according to the interwebs... he knew he was going to die on the course he was on, so he wasn't TRYING to end it... but he knew it was coming. They also blamed a drink he had at the wrap party for "The Master" on his death. He was clean for 23 years prior to that drink and that drink is what led to his interest in heroin which I guess made him like a kid in a candy store going nuts to try every flavor. The internet said it, so it's true.

tmz ran a story similar to that but it was during the filming for the hunger games. he had a night off and went to a comedy club, had one drink and thats all it took.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    tmz ran a story similar to that but it was during the filming for the hunger games. he had a night off and went to a comedy club, had one drink and thats all it took.
    the TMZ Story is what I was referring to and it was "The Master" that he just finished in 2012 where he had that drink.

So essentially, being in The Hunger Games is what killed him.
    "Honestly may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonestly is the second-best policy."
    - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Pandorasbox View Post
    So essentially, being in The Hunger Games is what killed him.
    sure, why not?

RebelRocker Guest
    the TMZ Story is what I was referring to and it was "The Master" that he just finished in 2012 where he had that drink.

before tmz ran the master story, they stated it happened in a comedy club. in fact i cant find the story on their site now so they probably retracted it when they found out it was during the master wrap party that it was the first drink.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    before tmz ran the master story, they stated it happened in a comedy club. in fact i cant find the story on their site now so they probably retracted it when they found out it was during the master wrap party that it was the first drink.
    that would make sense.

1karenhb Guest
    Does anyone else think they had the funeral really fast? His body wasn't removed until later Sunday and then there was the autopsy. Seems to me the family just wanted it over with.

40. 02-07-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    Does anyone else think they had the funeral really fast? His body wasn't removed until later Sunday and then there was the autopsy. Seems to me the family just wanted it over with.
    They had the funeral in the traditional method, which is usually 3 to 5 days after death. Other cultures require burial before sunset or within 24 hour of death at the most. Since PSH's funeral was held at a Catholic church, I'm assuming he was Catholic. For a long time, Catholicism was against cremation, thus the need for a funeral to occur sooner than later. Cremation is now okay, but folks like my husband (who is in his early 70s) are still totally against the idea.

Here in the LA area, there are times when the soonest you can have a funeral is in ten days because all the funeral chapels are booked. So now it does seem odd when you have a funeral sooner than that. You are more likely able to have a funeral more quickly if you are a member of a church and have the service there instead of the facilities at Forest Lawn or Rose Hills. There was one funeral I went to that was held at a church, but when we went to the burial at Rose Hills, the widow refused to leave until her husband was actually buried. Even though Rose Hills had promised her that the burial would happen at a specific time, they were running TWO HOURS behind because apparently they were having a run on dead people that day. No one wanted to leave the widow, so there were a good hundred people waiting for the bulldozers. It was very awkward, and eventually I had to leave to go pick up my kids. Several years ago, Rose Hills constructed a brand new building that has the footprint of a football field and is three stories high. It is made up entirely of visitation rooms and small chapels. They probably do at least a hundred visitations and services each day. It's going to get busier with the baby boomer generation becoming elderly.

Just this past Wednesday afternoon (two days ago), my husband's cousin passed away. They are having the funeral Monday morning, which seems really fast. They are having it at his home church though. When my Mother passed away from complications of Alzheimers, my Dad had her cremated according to her wishes. We were all so exhausted from taking care of her that we decided to wait a month before we had the memorial service. It was the longest month of my life, I just wanted to be over and done with it and get on with my life. Now I'm of the opinion to do the funeral as quickly as possible.

I'm also amazed at how many folks these days do not want any kind of a service.

I read that Russell Brand said the reason he died is because America criminalizes drug abuse. WTF???? So, by his "logic," if it was legal, Hoffman would still be alive surrounded by 80 bags of heroin? Unfortunately a super talented man like Hoffman is gone and an idiot like Brand is still alive. The wrong celebrity died.
    Last edited by McCourt; 02-07-2014 at 04:40 PM. Reason: typo
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I read that Russell Brand said the reason he died is because America criminalizes drug abuse. WTF???? So, by his "logic," if it was legal, Hoffman would still be alive surrounded by 80 bags of heroin? Unfortunately a super talented man like Hoffman is gone and an idiot like Brand is still alive. The wrong celebrity died.
    Well Brand considers himself the expert on drugs , he says he was happier when he was an addict . He's full of crap .

Well Brand considers himself the expert on drugs , he says he was happier when he was an addict . He's full of crap .

He probably is an expert on drugs but he's a guest in this country and he's not an expert on our laws. Maybe he should take his skinny, greasy self back to England and try and change their drug laws, which are harsher than those here in America. Some people just never know when to shut the fuck up and he's top on that list. I'm sure Hoffman's family loves that he's talking about Philip.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

I made a mistake.

Great info Neil; thanks; I'll get back OT.

From the internet...

Don't forget the Gypsies and the mentally challenged.

Thanks for that - I read once in either "Rise and Fall of The Third Reich" by William Shirer or "Adolph Hitler" by John Toland; that before the death camps were established with their "showers" that the Nazi's would load their soon to be victims into box trucks and drive them around on the premise of relocating them and gas them during the drive. That source stated that this practice had to be replaced with something more "efficient" as the daily unloading of dozens (or more) of victims; soaked with the stains of death was too demoralizing to the German troops.

Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    I had a Black friend ask me once why White people bury their dead so soon after death; whereas Black folks tend to wait a little longer. My response (just trying to think logically) was that a lot of us White folks come from cultures wherein people were crowded together in close proximity and in potentially unhygienic conditions; so out with the dead before someone else catches the stank.

I'd say that Russell has a few miles under his belt in that department and maybe a different perspective; I can't know.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

I wonder if there will be a death pic eventually?

babyblujems Guest
    Don't forget the Gypsies and the mentally challenged.

Thanks for that - I read once in either "Rise and Fall of The Third Reich" by William Shirer or "Adolph Hitler" by John Toland; that before the death camps were established with their "showers" that the Nazi's would load their soon to be victims into box trucks and drive them around on the premise of relocating them and gas them during the drive. That source stated that this practice had to be replaced with something more "efficient" as the daily unloading of dozens (or more) of victims; soaked with the stains of death was too demoralizing to the German troops.
    I had a teacher who taught at a Catholic school in Waterbury CT before coming to teach us. He taught history and every time (I had him 4 years 7, 8, 9, and 10th grades) we discussed WWII he would tell us this story a nun had told him at the school and I'll try to remember the details but this is what was said. The nun was in charge of a school for children with developmental delays, if I remember correctly the children may have been orphans. These delays ranged from dyslexia to down syndrome. One day an officer came and told the nuns that the Fuhrer would be sponsoring a trip for the kids to the zoo the next day. The government would provide transportation and chaperones, picking them up early the next day and dropping them off after dinner. Of course this was before everyone knew what was really happening so the nuns agreed, told the children who were all excited and they set off on buses the next day. The nuns waited for them to come back and after dinner with bedtime getting closer they became afraid something happened. No one ever told them what happened they were just basically told to shut up if they wanted to live and after all the atrocities came out the nun realized what happened. She told my teacher that she had nightmares about it for years.

That and because the number of people being sent for execution was increasing so rapidly they were getting overwhelmed. They implemented another method.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I wonder if there will be a death pic eventually?
    Like Chris whats-his-name. I don't know whether I want to see it to be honest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TOP designers are pouncing on the celebrity bonanza surrounding Philip Seymour Hoffman's death by sending out photos of stars wearing their brands while paying their respects to the legendary actor.

Valentino emailed fashion bloggers and journalists on Friday morning photos of Hoffman's The Master co-star Amy Adams wearing their Garavani Rockstud Duble bag on her way to the memorial service.

"We are pleased to announce Amy Adams carrying the Valentino Garavani Rockstud Duble bag from the Spring/Summer 2014 collection on February 6th in New York," the release stated. It included street shots of the actress sporting their bag.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1226821279265
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seagorath Guest
    Several people on FB were at the wake/funeral. About 400 people. 300 Hollwood types and friends...and 100 family members.

mikedev Guest
    I think he was referencing the argument of if drugs were legal, they would be safer. There is a legitimate point there. The latest rash of heroin overdoses has been caused by illicit drug producers mixing fentanyl with the heroin. If heroin was legal and regulated, that wouldn't happen. One the other hand, if heroin is legal more people would likely use it. It is just a matter of what one considers the lesser evil.

Now that whole 80 bags of heroin thing is sounding like nonsense. I don't think Hoffman was found with nearly that much. It started out at 20 bags and the number keeps going up.