Thread: Peter O'Toole

ajlposh Guest

He played as hard as he worked. R.I.P.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

RIP...My Favorite year was a great movie.......kind of patterned your life they say
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Sum*bitch*.

He should have been given the Oscar for "The Ruling Class". Marlon Brando shat on his that year.

VCNJ~
    Professional Thread-Killer

Loved him in "The Lion in Winter". May he R.I.P
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

One of my favorites....he's going to be missed.
    Goodbye Mr. Chips.....
    "Never cut what you can untie"

-Joseph Joubert

I loved Peter. He was still hot into his 70s, in addition to his talent. He will be missed.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

NOVSTORM Guest
    I can't remember the name of this movie but he was a high ranking officer and a serial killer of hookers. He played that part so well. BUT he always looked creepy to me lol but i loved his movies

Aw. Rest in peace.

Loved him in The Stuntman. RIP Peter O'Toole.

Liked him sparring with Katherine Hepburn in "Lion in Winter" and he was funny in "My Favorite Year".

NOVSTORM - I believe that's Night of the Generals
    Professional Thread-Killer

I always enjoyed the man and his body of work. I remember Johnny Carson had him on as a guest and JC asked him why he wore a wristwatch on both wrist. Peter said he couldn't be bothered taking the time to look at the other wrist. He was a funny man and like Neil said he played as hard as he worked so 81 wasn't bad for a rascal. R.I.P. Peter Seamus Lorcan O'Toole.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Bidmor Guest
    Peter, the great raconteur, with Letterman, and what Peter wanted as his epitaph...

AussieBec Guest
    ​rip

Aww, this is sad...and he JUST retired too! RIP forever Mr. O'Toole.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

Ted Challinor Guest
    You've never really been to the cinema unless you've seen him in David Lean's Lawrence .... loved him more recently as the grandad in Brit film of Lassie. And I so wish I'd seen him in Macbeth on stage... A sad loss

RIP Peter.

He reminded me of my granddad who died a few years back. With or without a drink, he was always entertaining.

Just saw this on the news. He was a lush, slut, etc. but he also played some great parts. One of my favorites being the rich, loony son who thought he was Jesus in The Ruling Class, lol.

Last edited by SomeChick; 12-15-2013 at 05:57 PM.

phirerednga Guest
    One of my all time favs, defiantly a true "Star". RIP Mr O'toole, you shall be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    RIP...My Favorite year was a great movie.......kind of patterned your life they say
    My Favorite Year is my all-time favorite movie, hands down. I loved it so much when it came out that I couldn't wait for it to be available on VHS. It wouldn't be officially released for years, but I had a friend at the time who was connected in Hollywood and managed to get me a screening copy he somehow got his hands on. The story is loosely based on Mel Brook's life as a young writer on "Your Show of Shows" with Sid Caesar when Errol Flynn was a guest on the show. Mark Linn-Baker starred as Benjy (Mel) and Peter O' Toole played the part of Alan Swann (Errol Flynn).

My oldest son, who is now 17, for whatever reason LOVED Lawrence of Arabia when he was about 10. Keep in mind, it's almost four hours long and he would watch it over and over and over again. We were driving to Yosemite from Los Angeles, which is about an eight hour drive. How do I know? My son insisted on watching Lawrence of Arabia TWICE, back to back. It does have amazing cinematography and is an all-around excellent movie, but it still makes me giggle thinking about how much my son loved it at the time.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Katrinawitch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    I *loved* that movie! Not many people even know of it. "Stone, ladies are unwell. Gentlemen vomit"!

RIP Peter. A true actor's actor, and a bit ol' hottie to boot!

RIP.Lawrence,Lawrence,Lawrence...................

Quote Originally Posted by Katrinawitch View Post
    I *loved* that movie! Not many people even know of it. "Stone, ladies are unwell. Gentlemen vomit"!

RIP Peter. A true actor's actor, and a bit ol' hottie to boot!
    My favorite Year ,its one of my favorite all time movies ,was based on Errol Flynn doing live Television for the first time " Iam a movie-star Not a Actor " Rest in peace Peter your Lawrence was one of the most beautiful men ever filmed ....

There's a movie called Rock My World with he and Alicia Silverstone in it. The plot is he's an English estate owner and her American rock band stays there. Comedy, I think. Anybody ever seen it? I've never heard of it before.

Another oddball flick of his that I just came across and am watching now is called High Spirits. He plays a castle owner who lures American tourists to it by claiming it's haunted.