Thread: Backward Masking

Backward Masking

I love hearing about this, too. There was a site that had the Abba song, "Dancing Queen" and backwards it said, "kiss my bird, Patty Sue". My favorite is Bing Crosby's, "Silver Bells'..backwards it says, "agents of evil...they're longing, they're longing". Funny, but creepy!
    Last edited by joplinfrk; 10-11-2007 at 10:29 AM. Reason: I meant to spell backwards! I'm really Not a moron!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Do you remember what the name of the site was?

Oh, man..this was some time ago..I just search Yahoo for Backward Masking and I always find something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

When I was in high school, my theology class did a few days on this subject- it really creeped me out and gave me nightmares at the time.

onehunglow Guest
    Try You Tube Back masking.

IncrediblyRotten Guest

hoxharding Guest
    I was in Church Youth Group years ago- we went on a trip to someplace. There was this overzealous mother who helped out with the group.
    She got it into her head that we needed to know about the 'Satanic rock groups' and backward masking.
    So one night at the hotel we were gathered together and had to watch or listen to something.
    It was stupid,bit creepy as all get out. A bunch of us ended up sobbing and
    scared to death. I know I was sobbing,not cause I thought there was Satanic songs hidden. It just sounded like what you would think dead people would sound like if you taped them.
    I so disliked that woman.

IncrediblyRotten Guest
    I tried to play some records backwards, but I got in trouble by my dad because he said I was messing up the needle and the tracks on the records.(why he cared what I did with my records, I have no clue. He hated my music. ha!) I did, however, was able to hear something like "you're going into the fire, fiiiiiiiire!". It was an AC/DC song (my fave band) and I believe the track was If You Want Blood, You Got It. Ofcourse I was young, I could have heard anything.

I remember when this was all over the news. My parents thought it was asinine. People will look for anything they can find to stir shit up. If you listen to an album backward I'm sure you'll hear all sorts of stuff. Like gibberish.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

sunshine74137 Guest
    Our music teacher in middle school did a whole presentation, scared me to death!! Now I think it would be fun if I were cutting a record to back mask "everybody pick your nose now"

D3LIVIĆ?N Guest
    I love finding backmasked things,I think if you reverse the chorus of Marilyn Manson's Beautiful People, it sounds like he's saying "I'm evil believe it".

Good times to that!

The whole thing just screams Tipper Gore and I despise that woman.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

xenaswolf Guest
    LOL I've always been of the firm belief that if you listen to stuff played backwards you deserve to hear weird stuff

djdeath-hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    LOL I've always been of the firm belief that if you listen to stuff played backwards you deserve to hear weird stuff
    LOL....I love your views, Xenas! Folks who have/had that kind of time to waste, heard what they wanted to hear & got what they deserved!

xenaswolf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    LOL....I love your views, Xenas! Folks who have/had that kind of time to waste, heard what they wanted to hear & got what they deserved!

LOL Dennis I just call 'em as I see 'em

Guest Guest
    Backward masking is such a load. It's something Christians made up to try and deter kids from listening to KISS, AC/DC, and the whole late 70's early 80's rock era of music so they could get still get their money in the offering plate on Sunday mornings.

relander Guest

Judas Priest-Subliminal message trial

Last edited by relander; 06-04-2008 at 11:25 PM.

cachluv Guest
    "The whole thing just screams Tipper Gore and I despise that woman."

---You mean the Tipper Gore who hates rock and roll?

The Tipper Gore who says it's evil and steals the minds of children?

You mean the same Tipper Gore who was in a rock -n- roll band in the '60s called "The Hellcats"??

Guest Guest
    I watched the link about Judas Priest and I still have the same feelings. Who would listen to a record backwards anyway?

Its SO rock and roll; however, I too have a hard time believing any of it is intentional. If any of you have seen just how much is put into writing the lyrics and music of a song and then getting it all on tape, its grueling. I can't imagine artists sitting around saying yeah, that's cool, but how does it sound backward??? Its ridiculous!

sunshine74137 Guest
    with some lyrics why bother just sing it/rap it right up front?

D3LIVIĆ?N Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by biguncfan View Post
    Who would listen to a record backwards anyway?
    I think that's pretty obvious..... Satan LOL!

I know I am a musician/producer and I love slipping in all sorts of subliminal sounds and content into a track. There are various ways to go about doing it, but its fun to think that someone might happen to come by it at some point.

As for teenagers going on killing rampages or offing themselves because a rock band or subliminal messages told them to. I think it's a load of sh!t made up by angry parents and media hype. If you were already that disturbed to begin with, taking an arsenal of weapons to school with you and blowing away class mates like target practice was probably not brought on by listening to some rock band.

IncrediblyRotten Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Delivian View Post
    I think that's pretty obvious..... Satan LOL!

I know I am a musician/producer and I love slipping in all sorts of subliminal sounds and content into a track. There are various ways to go about doing it, but its fun to think that someone might happen to come by it at some point.

As for teenagers going on killing rampages or offing themselves because a rock band or subliminal messages told them to. I think it's a load of sh!t made up by angry parents and media hype. If you were already that disturbed to begin with, taking an arsenal of weapons to school with you and blowing away class mates like target practice was probably not brought on by listening to some rock band.
    I agree totally with you, Delivian. The Judas Priest case and the Ozzy case were ridiculous miscarriages of the judicial system. Their children killed themselves because some rock band told them too? How about what kind of parenting was going on in the house? Better to blame others than to look in the mirror. Did they ever try to talk to their children?
    As for the Ozzy case, they were saying the boy listened to Suicide Solution and offed himself. How do they know which track he was listening to on that album? On that very same side is Goodbye to Romance. How do they know his girl didn't just dump him and he was listening to that?
    And yes, you are right, it is kinda fun when someone finds the subliminal message in a song. One that comes to mind is Pink Floyd's submsg that says something like you've found it, send your letter in care of Pink (not verbatim, ofcourse). Or to listen to Queen's Another One Bites the Dust and hear "I'ts cool to try marijuna, smoke smoke smoke." HA!

ozzysmom Guest
    I never believed that shit at all. If it were true then we would all be able to say the ABC's backwards with not problem at all.

p.s. i can say the old big mac slogan backwards. does that mean something creepy i wonder???? hehe

I don't know if it was really the first incident of backward masking or not, but back in the late '60s when the "Paul is Dead" rumor was going around, a lot of the Beatles albums had hidden messages. I was just trying to find a site that had a lot of them, and freaked myself out all over again. - "Turn me on dead man," "Paul is dead, miss him, miss him." Etc, I still get shivers.

ozzysmom Guest
    Charlie Manson found wierd meanings in Beatles songs.....one in particular......

RoRo Guest
    I played a song called Snowblind, I think it was by Styx, waaaay back when and yeah you could hear something but ya know I listened to heavy metal all the time and I have never noticed an urge to kill myself or anyone else at the time...I think some people just need an excuse to either hate the music or not face the fact that their child killed themselves and they didn't see the signs.....

Well all us good people know that god hates all non-English speaking people. Thats why the French and 1/3 of Canada is damned. And nothing less than the original unchanged for the past 4004 year old Gods English (fuck the queen- at leats that what most x-tains say anyways) is purely Satanic or Iranian in origin - who could be foolish enough to believe otherwise?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Forever-27 Guest
    Its all in what you may think you hear. J Giles Bands song " No Anchovies Please " played backwards distinctly says ... it dosent take a genius to know the difference between chicken shit and chicken salad. You need a sharp ear but Queens " Another one bites the dust backwards says " Its fun to smoke marijuna " lastly Blue Oyster Cult did the backwards thingy on " Burning for You " .. play it backwards it says " Jesus is the nasty one, Christ you are infernel " But what you might hear may not be what someone else hears or even acknowledged by the band. So many times songs are twisted and taken out of context ... I was so relieved when Judas Priest was exhonerated for that kids death after he listened to their Stained Class album, one of the songs saying Do It Do It and the kid ended up killing himself. His folks sued Judas Priest. Same with Ozzy Osbournes Sucide Solution.

Umm Ro, Snowblind was done by Black Sabbath lol