Thread: Anthony Bourdain / No Reservations

Anthony Bourdain / No Reservations

We freaking LOVE him! He is hysterical and a Ramones fan to boot!

Bourdain was born in New York City but grew up in Leonia, New Jersey. Bourdain has French ancestry on his father's side; his paternal grandfather immigrated to New York from France following World War I.[3] Bourdain attended Vassar College, and graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in 1978. Currently, Bourdain is honorary Chef-at-Large of Brasserie Les Halles, where he held the title of executive chef for nearly a decade. When he is not traveling, Bourdain lives in Manhattan.
    Bourdain gained immediate popularity from his 2000 New York Times bestselling book Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly. The book is a witty and rambunctious exposé of the hidden and darker side of the culinary world, and is a memoir of Bourdain's professional life as well.
    Bourdain subsequently wrote two more New York Times bestselling nonfiction books: A Cook's Tour (2001), an exotic account of his food and travel exploits across the world, written in conjunction with his first television series; and The Nasty Bits (2006), another collection of exotic, provocative, and humorous anecdotes and essays mainly centered around food. Bourdain's additional books include Anthony Bourdain's Les Halles Cookbook; the culinary mysteries Bone in the Throat and Gone Bamboo; a hypothetical historical investigation, Typhoid Mary: An Urban Historical; and No Reservations: Around the World on an Empty Stomach.
    Known for consuming exotic and daring ethnic dishes, Bourdain is famous for eating sheep testicles in Morocco, ant eggs in Puebla, Mexico, a raw seal eyeball as part of a traditional Inuit seal hunt, and a whole cobra â?? beating heart, blood, bile, and meat â?? in Vietnam. According to Bourdain, the most-disgusting thing he has ever eaten is a Chicken McNugget,[10] though he has also declared that the unwashed warthog rectum he ate in Namibia[11] and the fermented shark he ate in Iceland[12] are among 'the worst meals of his life.'

Any other fans?

The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

TheMysterian Guest
    By far this guy has one of the best job's in television,I love the fact that he get's to travel the world over and eats some fascinating food. Good post,great show thanks!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I've never seen the show...My T.V.'s are owned by my kids and my ol man...I don't getta watch diddly...I would LOVE to watch this guy...I have seen the commercials and he has my interest...

I am addicted to his show! Anyone who likes the Ramones is a fav of mine!
    And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted--nevermore!

Guest Guest
    He is smoking

(Although I do believe he recently quit smoking)

Have you seen the one where he goes to Transylvania with his Russian friend and has a really horrible time. It's a scream!

I absolutely LOVE this man. If given the chance, I would run away with him in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately, I hear he is VERY happily married.

I still never miss his show, even the reruns.

RubySlippers Guest
    i think he is fantastic. i recently found out he became a daddy. i wonder who the lucky lady is...although he seems to much the playa.

Quote Originally Posted by eelpie View Post
    He is smoking

Have you seen the one where he goes to Transylvania with his Russian friend and has a really horrible time. It's a scream!
    Is this the one where he has the dreadful massage, and flies in the fighter jet? If so, I lmao at the massage part of the segment.

More Cheese Please Guest
    I love, love, love Anthony Bourdain!!! He is witty, sarcastic, daring, brilliant, irreverent, sexy, swaggering, New York born, Jersey raised... oh and did I mention he finds Rachel Ray as repulsive as a Chicken McNugget or unwashed Warthog rectum??? ***sigh*** My kind of guy!!!

More Cheese Please Guest
    Here's a link to his Travel Channel website...

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Anthony_Bourdain

Here's an interview... I love it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfyxJifcAX8

Love his show. Graet journalist as well as chef (though Ive never eaten his food).
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

marimbagirl Guest
    His funniest show is when he went to Shangri-la and started going all wacky because of lack of oxygen. He keeps making mention that everyone else that's climbing the mountain has canisters of oxygen....EXCEPT HIM!

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    I've never seen the show...My T.V.'s are owned by my kids and my ol man...I don't getta watch diddly...I would LOVE to watch this guy...I have seen the commercials and he has my interest...
    I have a similar problem. I don't have cable/satelite so its just broadcast channels... But I usually can find some shows that I would like to see on Youtube. You might want to look for this show there to see if anyone has posted some episodes.

Cupcake Guest
    He is great! His books are awesome too!!! Love'em!

Cupcake

Giada Guest
    Cool there is a thread on Boudain ... .

Many of the episodes are available on you tube. I love it that he is non-formulaic ...some episodes contain more travel, others humor, still others focus on culture and community.

silverwaif77 Guest
    He has a great swagger! He is a badass and that is sexy as hell in a man.

Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    You would love it! Some of the clips are on YouTube.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bourdain-1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	216.6 KB 
ID:	10528  
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Well frick...I can't watch nuthin unless it's got sirens, meth heads gettin pistol whipped, people gettin parkin tickets, bounty hunters with bad hairdo's and wives with enormous hooters, or car chases...I get so dang tired of not gettin ta watch T.V...

jeca Guest
    I absolutely love him!! It's one of my favorite shows on tv, and I agree, he's sexy as hell!

WynterPhantom Guest
    Oh, I LOVE him! Love him being sarcastic and doesn't hurt the eyes either!

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by el gato malo View Post
    Is this the one where he has the dreadful massage, and flies in the fighter jet? If so, I lmao at the massage part of the segment.
    Nah, although that' funny too.

The Transylvania (Halloween Episode: or Tony's worst trip) one starts where they are going to set up filming in some famous square (got and paid for the permits) and then are told that they can't film, unless they pay more. Bourdain says "Screw That".

The next day he and the russian dude (I forget his name, but he's been in other episodes) talks Tony into going to visit "Dracula's" castle ~ like a 3 hour train ride away. Then the russian tells tony (on the train) that well ~ it's not a public tour, the place is for sale and they have to act like intersted buyers . Tony's rolling his eyes.

Half way into the tour, the agent tells them that no, this really isn't Dracula's castle, but there there is a chance Dracula might have slept there! Tony's like WTF!!!

So then, the russian has them booked into this cheesy nearby hotel for the night, where (surprise!) there is a costume party that night. Only it's like the worst costume party ever, and Tony just wants to drink and get outta there while the russian makes a fool of himself.

THEN ~ It's the russian's birthday, and they are going to celebrate it at a local farm. The russian rented this god-awful cheap car to get to the farm, but it breaks down. The russian tries pushing it, but no-go. They get a lift to the farm, but by the time they get there, the russian's back is killing him (from the pushing) and he starts taking pain pills and dowing booze like it's going out of style! He ends up passing out at the picnic table (before the party starts ~ and it's his party!!!).

Anyway - I call it Tony's worst trip, and it really is funny ~ cause it's so bad!!

RIPWELLSTONE Guest
    [quote=eelpie;557713]He is smoking

Yep.. I heard that too.. He quit when his daughter was born.. I'm an ex-smoker myself..an extremely difficult task, but worth it!!!

Guest Guest
    [quote=RIPWELLSTONE;559599]
    He is smoking

Yep.. I heard that too.. He quit when his daughter was born.. I'm an ex-smoker myself..an extremely difficult task, but worth it!!!
    I know ~ I'm trying baby steps to quit, too much of a turkey to go cold turkey! I am down from 30 cigarettes a day to about 15

My goal is to only smoke 10 a day. After I can do that for a while, then I'll take the remaining steps!!!

Nah, although that' funny too.

The Transylvania (Halloween Episode: or Tony's worst trip) one starts where they are going to set up filming in some famous square (got and paid for the permits) and then are told that they can't film, unless they pay more. Bourdain says "Screw That".

The next day he and the russian dude (I forget his name, but he's been in other episodes) talks Tony into going to visit "Dracula's" castle ~ like a 3 hour train ride away. Then the russian tells tony (on the train) that well ~ it's not a public tour, the place is for sale and they have to act like intersted buyers . Tony's rolling his eyes.

Half way into the tour, the agent tells them that no, this really isn't Dracula's castle, but there there is a chance Dracula might have slept there! Tony's like WTF!!!

So then, the russian has them booked into this cheesy nearby hotel for the night, where (surprise!) there is a costume party that night. Only it's like the worst costume party ever, and Tony just wants to drink and get outta there while the russian makes a fool of himself.

THEN ~ It's the russian's birthday, and they are going to celebrate it at a local farm. The russian rented this god-awful cheap car to get to the farm, but it breaks down. The russian tries pushing it, but no-go. They get a lift to the farm, but by the time they get there, the russian's back is killing him (from the pushing) and he starts taking pain pills and dowing booze like it's going out of style! He ends up passing out at the picnic table (before the party starts ~ and it's his party!!!).

Anyway - I call it Tony's worst trip, and it really is funny ~ cause it's so bad!!
    Ah ok. For some reason I saw the beginning of this one, but never the rest because I remember the whole ruckus about not being able to film. I will definitely have to keep an eye out for the rerun!

Lisamarie Guest
    oooh amn do I freakin love him Your welcome!! The Romania episode was the funnies I ever saw and I love his partner in crime!!

Xtine Guest
    the BF and I really love him!!
    he is hilarious and incredibly entertaining

crazedfemale Guest
    He is awesome! My cousin and I both want to run off with him...I think she really would if given the chance. They did a story on him on 60 Minutes this past year. Brilliant, funny guy

sunshine2828 Guest
    Love his show! He's great. I Just saw the one where he went back to his old job at a NY restaurant and worked on the line for a day. Hysterical! He kept commenting on how old he was and how he couldn't do the job anymore, because he couldn't bend and get things from the line fridges anymore.

Lisa, WHERE did you find that photo??? That is totally awesome!

He is my secret boyfriend. The secret is that he doesn't know he's my boyfriend.

Lisamarie Guest
    well I wish I could say well I took that one wild night when he stopped by my kitchen...but no he did for a cook book I think..lol!!! Lord!! He is a goodlooking guy tho...yummy.... (( ILL BE IN THE SHOWER))

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ad nauseam View Post
    He is my secret boyfriend. The secret is that he doesn't know he's my boyfriend.
    Sorry to tell ya, but he's been cheaten on you......with me

Wow, I understand that depression is a real thing but I still do not understand.

How sad. RIP.