Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cory Monteith

Historia Guest
    I saw an interview with his father on Entertainment Tonight. He was interviewed for the Canadian ET, but they showed it in the US too. Dad said he "coded blue" when he was 19. So he had a close call with an overdose before. They are supposed to show more of the interview on ET's show on Monday.

aunt-acid Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    This site really needs a "Thanks" button!
    Haha, you're very welcome

DitaFatale Guest
    Cory's death has hit me very hard. I guess it's because I WAS a huge Glee fan. I say WAS because it started to go downhill when they started bringing in the "New Glee Kids". I really could care less about them. I was going to watch for Finn & Rachel only. I guess that's what makes me sad, that Finn & Rachel will never go off happily ever after in TV Land.
    While watching some YouTube videos, I noticed something, if you watch the ones that are Finn/Rachel only tribute videos with a different song playing so that you don't hear them talking, & you're forced to pay more attention to their body language/facial expressions, I noticed Cory plays more natural, like he's not acting. While Lea on the other hand, is a bit more guarded. She's playing Rachel. I think that's because she's been acting forever. And also I think she wants to separate her life relationship to her on screen one. But every once in awhile, she'll slip. She'll look at him in a way, or touch him & you can see she's looking at Cory, not Finn. & the only way I noticed that was after Cory's death I started watching some Cory/Lea tribute videos. I guess that's why this is so tragic. It's funny, Cory/Finn's first full music number was in the pilot episode with Lea/Rachel & the other originals to 'Don't Stop Believin' & Cory's last musical number was to Rachel's 'solo' audition to 'Don't Stop Believin'. Kinda full circle.
    As sad as this still is, the Death Hag in me wants to see his death/autopsy pics too. Maybe they'll surface a few years later like Farley's did along with pics of his hotel room. I guess that's why his mom had him cremated so soon.
    Last edited by DitaFatale; 07-23-2013 at 01:40 AM.

The fact that his mom didn't let his father see his body leads me to believe that perhaps she blames him for Cory's drug issues? Just thinking allowed, and obviously I have no basis other than speculation. But as soon as I read that, that's what popped into my head.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/fox-pres-ta...183600560.html

talking about writing Corey's death in the show as Finn dying.

Nutmeg Guest
    Supposedly, there's a you tube video that has death pics taken by hotel staff. Dont' know it its true or not, but if anyone wants to check it out and report back. (I'm a pathetic excuse of a death hag. I can't stomach most death photos, and if I do manage to look I have nightmares for weeks.)

I found this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0T3vVTaThY
    The picture is at the 2:00 mark.... its only there for a few seconds, and I don't know what I think of it (as to if its real or not).....
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMonkey719 View Post
    I found this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0T3vVTaThY
    The picture is at the 2:00 mark.... its only there for a few seconds, and I don't know what I think of it (as to if its real or not).....
    I wonder if that's from the upcoming episode of the show itself? Supposedly, they are going to write Finn out by having him OD too. Hmmmm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

That picture is fake. Here's the original. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	47662

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessPoe View Post
    That picture is fake. Here's the original. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	47662
    Thanks for that PrincessPoe- after I posted, I wondered how it could be from the upcoming show when it hasn't even started filming yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Lawren Guest
    That's from a few different seasons. They've sang in the library and the crying is from the episode where Sue shoots the gun.

Tonight is the big tribute episode..... who has the tissues handy?

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMonkey719 View Post
    Tonight is the big tribute episode..... who has the tissues handy?
    I do!! I listened to some music from the episode the other day. Heartwrenching. Tonight is gonna be tough. I should be embarrassed that at my age, I am a huge gleek. But I'm not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I just started watching a few months ago. I found it on netflix and watched the entire series on a matter of a few weeks

I'm fully prepared to ball my eyes out tonight......

gottaqhfilly Guest
    I could not care less about this loser. I'm still pissed Klugman didn't get a tribute. hollywierd is a den of iniquity.

I have never seen it, but I am curious. I have it on, I don't know how long I can sit through it without getting all stabby though.

ETA: Oh hells... I lasted 2 mins, that's enough.

I chose to watch because it seemed like a cultural touchstone I should, you know, TOUCH. I am not familiar with any of the storylines (and, at this point, do not WANT to) but some of it was touching, even so. The best part, hands down, was the (non-musical) scene in "Finn's" bedroom with the parents and the brother. We have lived this scene, or something like it, twice already. The writing was excellent for this segment, IMO. Also appreciated that there was nothing specific about HOW the character died--- leaving it to the imagination and did not exploit Cory Monteith's real cause of death or even something trendy like hidden football head injuries for "Finn".
    Sort of disconcerting though, mourning the death of a 19-year-old character played by a 31-year-old who died. (Imagining how it would have been handled if anyone had died during the course of older HS-themed shows like "Welcome Back, Kotter" and "Room 222", etc., with THEIR 30-something actors.)
    Last edited by Linnie; 10-12-2013 at 09:46 PM.

babyblujems Guest
    I liked the bedroom scene as well. Honestly, that part of the show seemed real and raw. It was really like what a parent would go through, especially when his mom was talking about how she would change the channel when someone's child died and they were talking about. About her wondering how they went on every day. That is something I think most of us have wondered and I hope no one ever has to go through cause I have watched several friends go through it and in all honesty, the lights in their eyes have just disappeared.

Seagorath Guest
    Sad that the show has to capitalize on his death. How the hell do you abuse heroin and alcohol and then be a functioning actor at that age. He must've had some gift.

It was a very well done episode- I read that almost the whole show was first takes because the actors were too much of a mess to do another take. I don't mind that Glee "capitalized" on Corey's death- they weren't the first, they won't be the last. In a way, it was almost like a funeral for the whole world. I cried the through the whole thing.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

21. 10-31-2013, 11:21 AM

GleeGirl Guest
    Hi everyone! As you can guess by my name, I'm a huge glee fan. More so, a Cory Monteith Fan. I was crushed when he died. I remember reading it on facebook at 1am, and then receiving a text from one of my best friends. She was freaking out because she knew how much I loved and admired Cory. Anyway, to this day, whenever one of his songs pop up on my ipod I get misty eyed. Not only did the world lose a great talent, but a great person who just was flawed, as we all are. Also, I was just watching glee on Netflix and finally was able to watch the breakup episode. It still kills me how his character always felt like "he didn't have a place in this world". Eerie, isn't it?

I recently read that Cory's relationship with Lea Michele was completely fake and for show publicity purposes only. It made sense to me because it seemed weird that she wasn't with him nor had supposedly talked with him for more than a few days when he went to Canada and OD'd. Every major relationship I've ever been in it's impossible not to check in with each other for more than four hours, more so on weekends or when you're on vacation.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

babyblujems Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    I recently read that Cory's relationship with Lea Michele was completely fake and for show publicity purposes only. It made sense to me because it seemed weird that she wasn't with him nor had supposedly talked with him for more than a few days when he went to Canada and OD'd. Every major relationship I've ever been in it's impossible not to check in with each other for more than four hours, more so on weekends or when you're on vacation.
    My thought with her not checking on him is that maybe she was starting to distance herself because of the drug use. I have family members and friends I haven't talked to for years because of drug use. My fiance, who I have been with for almost 10 years, I didn't talk to for 3 weeks and kicked him out and didn't see him for that time because I couldn't allow his drug use to continue around me and our infant. Because of that he's been drug free for 6 years!

cameralady Guest
    I recently read that Cory's relationship with Lea Michele was completely fake and for show publicity purposes only.
    I read multiple blind items about this as well.

I also read a blind or two that Lea Michele may have issues of her own that lead to her recent dramatic weight loss, but that's another story.

Kinda true. Even the month leading up to his death, I almost never saw Lea and Cory together. I know there was a TMZ video that was supposedly their last footage of him and the two together, but that was supposedly a month before his passing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

What a Glee-tard

I recently read that Cory's relationship with Lea Michele was completely fake and for show publicity purposes only.

I believe this to be true. A heroin addict only loves heroin. They don't love anything as much as they love heroin. Lea Michele loves only herself.
    I mean, they say you die twice.
    One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.¯

Banksy

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    When this happened I said, "and now the countdown until Lea Michele starts exploiting this begins". It didn't take long. My god she is awful. She just oozes scum.

ozzysmom Guest
    I'll never understand why his death is STILL making the news.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    I'll never understand why his death is STILL making the news.
    It may be because of THIS.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ladelphia.html

Though this may be due to "natural causes" but it's always a question when such a young person dies suddenly. Thanks to this latest incident, GLEE is seeming like the bad-luck show of the decade, and it's only 2014. Isn't it supposed to end soon?

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    When this happened I said, "and now the countdown until Lea Michele starts exploiting this begins". It didn't take long. My god she is awful. She just oozes scum.
    I agree 100%. Whenever she was talking about him or there was a camera near then the tears came thick and fast yet in unguarded moments she was caught laughing and joking. What really got me was how Ryan Murphy more or less gave her the reins for the show when it happened. It was never great to begin with but letting her have a say has ruined it.

Even though she just tweeted a "touching" picture of him, she isn't in the picture with him.

his estate is worth $810,000 - his deadbeat father wants in on the cash

http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/20/cory-m...port-payments/

Another one caught up with addiction, I don't understand why people start. Very sad...

Ironic that this thread was started by Santana considering recent events.

I'm watching Glee because I loved it when it came out, and I haven't seen it in years. It's surreal to see a young talented actor, and dead addict, do such a great job on screen. Kind of like when John Belushi did that Saturday Night Live skit in the graveyard talking abouit being the last living member of the cast as he showed us the graves of the other Not Ready for Primetime Players.

Sad three, that I know of, cast members are dead, Cory, Naya, and Mark.