Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cory Monteith

Whitdal Guest
    Not an avid watcher of Glee, but still saddened by the news. Always a shame when things like this happen.

1karenhb Guest
    Don't know why but was shocked to read of his death. Was a fan the first 2-3 seasons. Knew he had addiction problems. RIP Corey/Finn

Wow.. Just Wow....
    My Posse's On Broadway

Westboro Baptist Church is planning to picket his funeral. They were all over Twitter and said they hope Lea Michelle kills herself so she and Cory can have a wedding in hell. If they show up I hope a ton of Gleeks slushy the shit out of them.

I will never understand what is wrong with those people.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Rydell Guest
    If he hadn't died when the Zimmerman verdict came out he would have gotten more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    I will never understand what is wrong with those people.
    Me either. They are crazy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessPoe View Post
    Westboro Baptist Church is planning to picket his funeral. They were all over Twitter and said they hope Lea Michelle kills herself so she and Cory can have a wedding in hell. If they show up I hope a ton of Gleeks slushy the shit out of them.
    At this point, I can't even consider these people a religious group anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

If the people at WBC are so "holy", how do they even know about Glee, Cory Montieth, Lea Michelle or any of them? Seems like someone's sneaking some TV time!

WBC is very up to date on pop culture. They take the music to popular songs and change the lyrics to their own twisted versions.

wow those people are seriously disturbed. Unfortunately if they did slushy them they'd be arrested for assault. I'd pitch in for the bail money though!

Seagorath Guest
    Westboro Baptist will experience murder, torture and more in the very near future. Mark my word.

Damn you Seagorath! I just scratched my screen trying to mark your word.
    Seriously though the sooner the better.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Rydell Guest
    Another Hollywood dope death

TMZ are reporting a lethal combination of Heroin and Alcohol as cause of death with story developing

http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/16/cory-m...ause-of-death/

TMZ are reporting a lethal combination of Heroin and Alcohol as cause of death with story developing

I was so hoping it wouldn't be heroin. RIP.

It's more than likely what I said in the thread before, he started again and took the usual amount not realising his tolerance was lower.

whitershadeofpale Guest
    I have to say the fact it was heroin has surprised me. I was expecting the usual story of prescription drugs mixed with alcohol. This death does remind me of Heath Ledger in the way that you realise that there is so much that we don't know about people even in these days of gossip sites, 24 hour news and the internet.

My mouth literally dropped open when I saw this on the news...so shocked...I knew he went to rehab in March but I thought he was gonna be okay.

Was never a hardcore Glee fan but I've watched a few episodes and he was pretty good in them.

RIP forever Cory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

I thought the same thing, prescribed drugs, makes you wonder what was going on in his mind in those last hours. Accidental or suicide ? What is really sad is he was alone and died alone.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticakasha View Post

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

I was hoping it wasn't drugs too, but kind of figured it would be.

As for the next season of Glee, I heard that the axed a bunch of the old characters- Quinn, Mercedes, Brittney and Puck (pretty pissed about the last one..)- so they may just have Finn off in school never to be heard from again.

I always kind of figured that the last episode would be Rachel and Finn getting together forever, like Ross and Rachel. Guess that's shot to crap.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Quote Originally Posted by aunt-acid View Post
    Is it bad that I'm really really hoping we get some Chris Farley-esque photos from this?
    This site really needs a "Thanks" button!
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Westboro Baptist will experience murder, torture and more in the very near future. Mark my word.
    Let's just hope that Scott has room for them here; I want to read every word and study every picture; not wishing ill to anybody; but hey; if it happens I want pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    Damn you Seagorath! I just scratched my screen trying to mark your word.
    Seriously though the sooner the better.
    LOL!!!
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Westboro is not any type of real religion. They are just a hate group. No religion would wish his girlfriend dead. It is my understanding she stood by him while he tried to get help and encouraged him to get clean. Even if she was a "bad" person, a true religion would want her to rehabilitate, not die. He was a lost soul who tried to get help but failed to clean up his life. Addiction is a terrible thing. I feel bad for his family and friends.

harlequin_clown Guest
    Heroin. Damn. So many deaths from this horrible drug. I have never touched the shit, but from what I understand, the very first time you do it, that's it. It's got you.

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    WBC is very up to date on pop culture. They take the music to popular songs and change the lyrics to their own twisted versions.
    So they can't even write their own songs? Why does this not surprise me.

What I do not get about these people is what they hope to accomplish by picketing some young man's funeral that they didn't even know. There are gay people in the world. There are people who die of drug overdoses every day. Not all of them famous, ofcourse. But really, who doesn't know that shit? Who is surprised by it? Nobody except these people apparently.

A better thing to do would be to put all this endless free time they seem to have for picketing funerals to raise money to help people get off drugs. And as far as gay folks, they exist. Accept that fact. They're not hurting you, WBC people. And they have every right to be proud of who they are. Fought long and hard for that right, in fact. They aren't tarnished by your antics and neither are their friends and families. The only ones who's reputations are sullied by your cluelessly fucked up behavior and refusal to accept reality is the WBC. It really is that simple.

RIP

Phillip Guest
    One of these days these hypocrites are going to picket the wrong funeral and it's going to be on like Donkey Kong!

Somechick - your thought about a better thing to do....help people get off drugs. That would be true if these nuts cared about anyone but themselves, but they don't. Naw, there is nothing religious about them, never has been, except the fact they put church in their name and, thus, get all the privileges of a real church; that's the only reason the word God is on their posters. Someone knows that once you play that church card, you're off scot free. I never watched Glee, but my niece loved it; it is another tragedy for a family to go through and I'm sorry for them.

From the signboard of the Madison Avenue Baptist Church: "Live so fully that Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral."

It's very sad that he had to die all alone like this. I stayed at a hotel just a block away from the Fairmont earlier this year. It's a really gorgeous part of Vancouver. On any given weekend day they shoot a lot of movies there. If you go down the street from it you'll hit Gastown, which has a
    a place called InSite For Community Safety. Several times I've made the mistake of walking past that place. There's always a huge group of scary addicts hanging outside the building. It's supposed to be a safe and supervised place for drug addicts to inject their drugs. I highly doubt Corey was ever there, but clearly that part of Vancouver is one of the easiest places to get street drugs.
    I'm so sorry that his family has to go through this loss, a real tragedy.

Elizabeth Guest
    Still feeling sad about all this.....TMZ says his mom had him cremated today, after she, Lea and his brother saw him.....wonder if he will be buried??

This week's people (out tomorrow) has Cory on the cover.....I will be buying one for sure.....

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    Still feeling sad about all this.....TMZ says his mom had him cremated today, after she, Lea and his brother saw him.....wonder if he will be buried??

This week's people (out tomorrow) has Cory on the cover.....I will be buying one for sure.....
    I am still very sad as well. According to TMZ, Cory was cremated yesterday, shortly after his body was released to his mother. His dad is apparently devastated that he wasn't invited to the private viewing. I know his parents are divorced, perhaps there's some bad blood, I dunno. But this sounds rather cruel to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by maryd View Post
    I am still very sad as well. According to TMZ, Cory was cremated yesterday, shortly after his body was released to his mother. His dad is apparently devastated that he wasn't invited to the private viewing. I know his parents are divorced, perhaps there's some bad blood, I dunno. But this sounds rather cruel to me.
    We don't know the whole story but it certainly sounds like he was deliberately left out. Seems so selfish to keep up your bad blood at a time like that. Should be able to come together to bury their son at the very least.
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by tamiele View Post
    We don't know the whole story but it certainly sounds like he was deliberately left out. Seems so selfish to keep up your bad blood at a time like that. Should be able to come together to bury their son at the very least.
    A clue as to why this talented young man continued his drug abuse since age 13, perhaps. Poor fellow.
    Sorry, Cory's Mom, that WAS a mean thing to do, whatever your (and possibly Cory's) past with his Dad. NO parent, however (allegedly) wicked, ought to have to bury a child (presuming he or she did not actually kill the child.)

Quote Originally Posted by maryd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tamiele View Post
    They certainly should. And in these situations, the parents usually split the ashes unless there was some parental abuse of the child involved. Anyone know if there was? Because that's the only possible reason I can think of why there would be this kind of animosity between his parents at such a time.

Maybe his mom had him cremated so soon is that she was afraid someone would take pictures of him.

Katrinawitch Guest
    WTF??? Why? Not that I can understand any of their 'beliefs', but where the heck are they coming from on this one? Because there were drugs involved? Ugh!!!

He was a handsome, bright young man, and I'm sure he had a good future ahead of him. There are so many people with demons, who turn to drugs in pain or what have you, and it just gets out of control. It's sad that he started experimenting with drugs so early in life. You've gotta wonder... was his home life so bad that he wanted to escape? Or was he just a bored kid who fell in with a crowd who liked excitement? I guess we'll never no. So sad, though.

Because Glee promoted the "fag agenda" as they would say.

Perdi Guest
    This is so sad. To start on the hard stuff at 13...I just can't imagine what horrific reality he was trying to escape at that time.

I've been away for a long while, and have been fighting mental health and addiction issues of my own. My own battle is ongoing, and I admit, I have the occasional blip. My addiction though isn't drugs - maybe that makes me lucky because a blip for me, while it could be lethal, isn't as likely to be. He recently went through rehab, and I can't help thinking that's what this was for him. I sometimes get to a point where I think fighting is too hard and that just once won't hurt, just to take the edge off...with some booze down his neck, he wouldn't have been able to think as rationally and fight back. It's just heart breaking.

My thoughts are with his family and his loved ones. x

Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    A clue as to why this talented young man continued his drug abuse since age 13, perhaps. Poor fellow.
    Sorry, Cory's Mom, that WAS a mean thing to do, whatever your (and possibly Cory's) past with his Dad. NO parent, however (allegedly) wicked, ought to have to bury a child (presuming he or she did not actually kill the child.)
    Maybe it was Cory's wishes that his dad not attend maybe he told his mom if I die I don't want him there.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/18/lea-mi...emorial-drugs/

According to this report it was Lea who took control over the matters of his death not his Mum

Really a quick cremation i was surprised it was delt with so fast

aunt-acid Guest
    Haha glad it's not just me

Quote Originally Posted by glowegal View Post
    From the signboard of the Madison Avenue Baptist Church: "Live so fully that Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral."

LIKE!!! I had to steal this and post it on my facebook page.

As for Cory's dad- I read that they were estranged and only reconciled after Cory hit the big time.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

tuesdays_jupiter Guest
    Would Lea have any legal footing to decide what happened to his remains?

luckyinlove Guest
    an acquaintance of mine was in a band with Cory called Bonnie Dune. Super cool music. The other band members are devastated...

I have never watched Glee but my coworkers raved about it at lunch everyday during the first couple of seasons. This guy seems like he was well liked. I need to watch the show from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdi View Post
    This is so sad. To start on the hard stuff at 13...I just can't imagine what horrific reality he was trying to escape at that time.

I've been away for a long while, and have been fighting mental health and addiction issues of my own. My own battle is ongoing, and I admit, I have the occasional blip. My addiction though isn't drugs - maybe that makes me lucky because a blip for me, while it could be lethal, isn't as likely to be. He recently went through rehab, and I can't help thinking that's what this was for him. I sometimes get to a point where I think fighting is too hard and that just once won't hurt, just to take the edge off...with some booze down his neck, he wouldn't have been able to think as rationally and fight back. It's just heart breaking.

My thoughts are with his family and his loved ones. x
    I remember you, Perdi! Welcome back - good to see you here Glad to hear you're hanging in there. Addiction is a beast that seems to turn you own body and brain into a stranger (not well-said...but at my lowest points, I barely recognize myself, and it's tough to be on your own team when you can't stand who you've become...still gotta fight).
    Makes sense that he'd be cremated before any photos could be leaked. Even though I'm pretty death-haggy about pics, I respect that decision.
    Last edited by MirrorDimly; 07-19-2013 at 05:35 AM.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

I dont watch the show regularly but seems like having him die in it would be too sad, I think for that show. Should have his gf somehow go off to live with him happily ever after and leave the viewer to picture what happens with them with good thoughts. Don't know how the tributes would fit in tho.

RIP

UniPolarMommaBear Guest
    I read the TMZ article and I have to say - preventing Dad from attending the viewing seems heartless, but maybe there was more to that than we know. He was estranged from him untill 2009, then CORY reached out to him, so I doubt it was simply a case of "LOOK AT ME!!! THIS IS MY FAMOUS AND WEALTHY OFFSPRING!!" I've seen Glee a few times - literally - I can even tell you which 3 I seen. I don't believe the memorial is all Lea's doing. His mother was close to him, was in his life and has the legal rights, not Lea. I think Lea has some input, and would obviously know what to do to prevent things they don't want public to remain private, but calling her controlling is a little off base for me. I think it's the mothr who made the final decision of who would not be at the viewing - and his father lived clear across the country - so maybe time or money was the issue? I don't know, just more sadness on top of an already sad situation.