Thread: Michael Hastings

Taggerez Guest

Michael Hastings

Michael Hastings was an award-winning journalist and warcorrespondent best known for his RollingStone profile of General Stanley McChrystal that led to the general’sresignation.

Hastings was killed last Monday, June 18, 2013, when his Mercedes,traveling at over a 100 MPH, smashed into a tree in Los Angeles and caught fire.

When Hastings died, he was researching a story about aprivacy lawsuit brought by Jill Kelley, the Florida socialite in the General Petraeuscheating scandal, against the Department of Defense and the FBI. Rumors that theFBI was investigating Hastings began the day after his death, with a couple ofmysterious WikiLeaks tweets.

In a rare move, the FBI issued a statement denying thatHastings was under investigation. The Los Angeles Police Department also saidit had found no evidence of any foul play in his death.

Today, news surfaced that hours before his death, Hastingssent an email to his colleagues, warning that federal authorities wereinterviewing his friends and that he needed to go "off the rada[r]"for a bit. Here’s the total email:

Hey (redacted names) -- the Feds are interviewing my"close friends and associates." Perhaps if the authorities arrive"BuzzFeed GQ," er HQ, may be wise to immediately request legalcounsel before any conversations or interviews about our news-gatheringpractices or related journalism issues.

Also: I'm onto a big story, and need to go off the rada[r]for a bit.

All the best, and hope to see you all soon.

Michael

The Obama administration used Petraeus as the scapegoatin the Benghazi massacre and used Hastings’ article to ditch McChrystal. Iwonder what Hastings was on to and if there was some involvement by the Obama regime.
    Last edited by Taggerez; 06-24-2013 at 11:55 AM.

I enjoyed reading the artical from Rolling Stone magazine
    about the American General Stanley McCrystal.

Good for Michael Hastings.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

There is a new conspiracy theory that his car's computer was hacked and crashed on purpose by someone.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...ef=mostpopular

WHOA. The news bits I've heard on the radio only announced his death in a car crash. Something smells fishier than a Long John Silver's at 2 a.m.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Enoch Powell Guest
    Michael Hastings' Body Cremated by Authorities Against Family's Wishes:

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...ainst-familys#

Jesus, the LAPD cremated him and is now refusing freedom of information act requests?

"LAPD continues to ignore FOIA [CPRA in Calif.] requests made by San Diego 6 News for the police report, 9/11 call, autopsy, bomb squad and toxicology reports, or make the Mercedes available for inspection which only fuels conjecture," added Dvorak.

Not a bit suspicious.

This is one story that sounds like it came straight out of a movie. Very suspicious.

Footage of the wreck immediately following the accident:http://gawker.com/gruesome-video-app...asti-514428722

There is video surveillance of the crash but I cant find it online:
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/death-o...ystery/5343027
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Thanks for the link Ich. I still call BS on this. I am not into conspiracy theories but the cremation issue has me wondering.

The MIB smoked him.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    The MIB smoked him.

Men in Black?

Video shows his crushed head at 5:56:

How the fuck could there be so much damage to the vehicle such a large debris field the engine blockget thrown 125 feet from the vehicle and the skinny palm tree still be standing with barely any damage?

Heres a video showing the aftermath of an actual accident involving a car hitting a palm tree at high speed:
    (WARNING INJURED BABY AND WOMAN BEING GIVEN CHEST COMPRESSIONS)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruLtSdfSHuI

The tree is knocked over and the car ends up a few meters from the tree it hits.

Theres minimal damage to the tree Hastings car supposedly hit. There isnt enough fuel in a gas tank to allow a car to burn like this. Also cars dont explode and catch fire before any impact

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LSY3wVuASg

Heres the tree the car was staged to look like it hit:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_9869.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	129.6 KB 
ID:	47512 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tree.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	47513
    Last edited by ichabodius; 07-20-2013 at 01:32 AM.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Video shows his crushed head at 5:56:
    Great find.

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Men in Black?
    Yes. They do a lot with the alien technology that have gathered. They have a wet team that assassinates on orders. Always looks like an accident or an illness.

Yes. They do a lot with the alien technology that have gathered. They have a wet team that assassinates on orders. Always looks like an accident or an illness.
    Ahhhh, I see. Good info.

Wonder why the guy in the yamulke is watering the road around the accident scene but not trying to put the fire out. Why is a tow truck already at the scene idling with its emergency lights on? One of the eyewitnesses is an emmy award winning Hollywood producer and fiction author:
    http://www.supermanbook.com/aboutGar...g_id=308329492
    Check out this interview with him:http://reviewfromhere.com/2013/02/18...utive-command/

The first respondants to the scene were the neighborhoods Hatzolah ( a private Orthodox Jew community run ems team).
    http://www.jewishjournal.com/communi..._team_20110510

Last edited by ichabodius; 07-20-2013 at 07:03 PM.

shani Guest
    Hasting's toxicology report was released today; it says he had traces of marijuana and amphetamines/meth in his system. Here's the incident and autopsy reports; very, um--good reads:

http://documents.latimes.com/coroner...hael-hastings/

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...,5038230.story

LAPD says he had traces of meth and pot in his system. Apparently even when a body is charred beyond recognition, so much so, that the LAPD cremated his remains without bothering to ask his family, they are still able to do a tox screen?

Wife said on Piers Morgan's show said it was a "really tragic accident."

Autopsy and Coroner's report. http://documents.latimes.com/coroner...hael-hastings/

I didn't know the reports could include opinions of friends/family members on current and former drug abuse including DMT, ritalin, and cocaine, none of which showed up on the tox screen.

"he had just arrived from New York the day prior with another brother scheduled to arrive later this same morning, 06/18/13, as the family was attempting to get decedent to go to detox. Decedent was believed as "sober" for about the past 14~years, with (blank) believing decedent had started to use drugs again the past month or so. He said decedent moved from NY to CA about a couple of months ago. He did not have any known medical problems. Upon inquiry, (blank) believed decedent was currently using DMT (haltucinogenic), confirming use of 'medicinal marijuana' as well~ lD card found in decedent's wallet. The medicinal marijuana was believed as prescribed for PTSD, as decedent was a warjournalist, having had assignments in lraq, Afghanistan, and in Baghdad a few years ago.

There was also mention of a past traffic collision in which decedent collided into a poie several years ago, believed as under the influence at the time, with (blank) report(ing) decedent had been misusing Ritalin at about this time; at one point, he was believed to have been bi-polar; however, it was later learned his behavior was actually stemming from the Ritalin misuse. He was ultimately institutionalized for rehabilitative care in -1999."
    Last edited by TheWrath of MadelineKahn; 08-20-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Can someone explain why the right side of the body wasn't charred? There must be a logical reason but I'm not getting it.

His wife Elise Jordan was a speechwriter for Condoleezza Rice and a director of communications for the N.S.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukisha View Post
    Can someone explain why the right side of the body wasn't charred? There must be a logical reason but I'm not getting it.
    He was ordered medium rare and thats a hard one to do on a large piece of meat.
    Last edited by cleanskull; 08-21-2013 at 10:29 PM.

I'm still not understanding how the car exploded with the engine found so far away. It was a Mercedes for Pete's sake, they're not exactly known for such shoddy workmanship that a car would disintegrate on impact with a palm tree that wasn't even knocked down.

No stomach contents were submitted for analysis.

Yes, something really fishy about the wreck. I didn't think much about it until I saw that video.

How interesting. His widow (Elise Jordan - white house speechwriter and former director of communications for the nsa) "found" a manuscript for a novel written by her late husband after his death. It is to be published sometime in 2014.
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...d-posthumously

Also the FBI released highly redacted documents on Hastings:
    http://america.aljazeera.com/article...lhastings.html

Sgt. Pepper Guest
    This story is just too fishy for me to believe it was an accident. Too many things don't add up.

Reminds me of the Dorothy Kilgallen story.

babyblujems Guest
    Hmmm I hit an oak, or maybe maple, tree once doing about 30 and I completely scarred the tree. I was driving a tiny little Ford Contour (yea it was TOTALED in style according to my boyfriend) so to have that skinny palm tree look like that is a little odd to me, especially since the car was a lot larger then mine was and the tree a lot smaller. I'm not one for conspiracy theories but this does look highly suspicious to me. My boyfriend once told me that on Mythbusters they did a show that had them trying to recreate a car explosion and fire and I guess it took a lot of stuff to do it so this just seem odd to me. I know he was going at a high rate of speed but still it's just not adding up to me.

Frisco Kid Guest
    There was no high speed impact into the palm tree and I challenge anyone to prove that myth. What direction was the Mercedes travelling before the crash? What direction was it facing after the crash? What direction was it in relation to the tree? NO CRASH CAN BE PROVEN!

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    The MIB smoked him.
    Musical genius and the greatest musician of our generation, Frank Black

I'm not a conspiracy theorist on a bad day, but this is the single accident that I genuinely do not believe was really an 'accident.'

I often drive that same Benz when I have rental/loaner cars so I'm very familiar with how it handles at high speeds. I also live is LA & at the time, I was often driving that same stretch of road on a near daily basis. That car would have to do some pretty crazy maneuvering to even make it up onto the center median. The Benz sits low & we aren't taking a small curb.

Never mind that LAPDOG would allow Mercedes Benz to inspect the car one the cops finished with it. They wanted to after expertise & if a flaw was found, issue a recall. Never got the chance.

As for the tox report, the meth was actually adderall. He had ADHD & an rx. It was a normal amount. If someone did a tox screen on me today, it'd show up the same...

a fiery death leads to a cold grave

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...GRid=112546278
    Last edited by cash; 07-01-2015 at 06:32 PM.