Thread: What's this? No Wikipedia page for Scott? Well then.

redkatrampant Guest

There is no wiki entry for Scott or Fad

that I could find.

get busy people.
    All i could glean was links to stories on FAD.

sheri Guest
    Seriously? None on Scott??? Dang, we need to get hagging better and get our fearless leader a Wiki for himself and FAD/DDT. I'm a Wiki-dummy. Wouldnt know how to do one.

redkatrampant Guest
    I think my IP was banned after that whole kripsy kreme incident.

I keed. I should start one.

More Cheese Please Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by redkatrampant View Post
    I think my IP was banned after that whole kripsy kreme incident.

WTF????

I keed. I should start one.

Seagorath Guest
    I'll contribute!...(raises hand)...

sheri Guest
    I don't know much about our fearless leader, other than it seems he's quite the history buff, and he has provided us hags a place to come as well as run DDT. And let's not forget...er um, I was gonna mention something about mentioning how he included Laer on this site, which Laer's tribute imho was done fantastically well and even though I never knew Laer, Scott's tribute to his friend made it like we all kinda "knew" Laer. I know that if someone did for me what Scott did for Laer, I would - in Scott's words as only Scott could put it - be dead chuffed. Hell, I'd be dead chuffed if Scott would do a eulogy at my funeral. He'd be spot on.

michael d Guest
    What?! Next you'll tell me there isn't a wikipedia entry for the acujack.

You now have a mission!
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

knothere Guest
    ya i noticed that too

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Get the hell busy people...I am a technotard so I can't help but this has GOT to be done!

redkatrampant Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    Get the hell busy people...I am a technotard so I can't help but this has GOT to be done!
    I put sea on it and others will contribute

redkatrampant Guest
    the krsip kreme thing
    it was a joke
    Last edited by redkatrampant; 10-15-2008 at 04:39 AM.

sheri Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by michael d View Post
    What?! Next you'll tell me there isn't a wikipedia entry for the acujack.
    There isn't a wiki for the acujack either.

redkatrampant Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sheri View Post
    There isn't a wiki for the acujack either.
    hmmmmmm

D3LIVIÃ?N Guest
    I put in a Wiki request for "Scott Michaels" and "Dearly Departed Tour" but I don't have time to start a dedicated page right now. If someone gets a page started I will try to add to it. It's kind of a shame that there has not been a page started until now.

What's this? No Wikipedia page for Scott? Well then.

I was fucking around on Wikipedia just now and put Scott's name into the search, expecting to see his name pop up. Nope. Nothing.

Well then, howzabout we build him one? It's pretty easy to do. You just sign up for an account at Wiki and start one page on him. Once it's started, we just all add different info that we know about Scott (factual, no randomness or Wiki's staff will remove it) to create a well-rounded biography including early life, career and the usual stuff you see there.

I think Scott deserves a Wikipedia page. What do you guys think? If you agree, howzabout we build him one.

That's fine with me, but just remember Wiki is persnickety.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

That's why I mentioned the bit about facts only in my first post eh.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    That's why I mentioned the bit about facts only in my first post eh.
    I know that but I gots a big mouth. Actually I know first had how Wiki is. Several years ago I got banned from editing because I corrected an error on The Crow or Brandon Lee page--I forget now which. I had a backup note, too, but somebody didn't want me fooling with their shit. I would never have done it, but I was new to computers and there was that handy Edit link. Silly me.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Well, if you wanted to start a page for Scott, you could just sign up again. People never do that now, do they.

If you don't wanna, that's cool. I just feel he deserves a page there but don't have time to get the ball rolling. Anybody who does though could start it really. And it could be a community effort.

aLiLdirt Guest
    I like this idea. Now, what's my wiki password? It's been ages...

I created another account. So I'll get started soon.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I got one rolling. One sentence. HAAAAAA. I'll add more detail when I can.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Now we can all add to it. Thanks Cindy

You're welcome, Deb. I have to figure out some of it, like posting a picture of him.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

When I searched for the page to post a link to it here so people could add to it, Wikipedia says the page doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by aLiLdirt View Post
    I like this idea. Now, what's my wiki password? It's been ages...
    The other one got deleted because it was just a one sentence blurb. So if you'd like to get the ball rolling with more info than that, go for it. Anyone can really. And I know we've got some writers in the hag house, so any of them who want to collaborate on this effort would be especially helpful.

Sorry about that. It was late and I thought I could get it started with a blurb and then we could go back and flesh it out. My apologies.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I asked Scott what his middle name is (James) and told him why. He's thrilled we're making a wiki page for him. So anyone who was worried what he might think, don't be. Just follow wiki's format and the page will turn out fine.

You guys are so nice to do that, and it's a huge complement that you guys think I deserve it.

Truthfully though, wiki might not.

A couple of years ago someone created a page for me, one that was well put together and covered with notes backing up the info. - Wiki removed it because it didn't fit their criteria for worthiness.

So, I'm appreciative that you'd like to do this, be aware the wiki fairies might not approve.
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

Well, let's see here:

You're an author.

You've been on a ton of TV shows.

Documentaries.

Hollywood historian.

Owner of THE go to website for celebrity death.

Owner of Dearly Departed Tours.

No, you're not remotely noteworthy. Not at all.

Basically, I think the content just needs to be thoroughly fleshed out before anything's submitted. They have an option to do that now that they didn't have a few years ago.

very kind and generous of you.
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

seberly Guest
    Hi Scott,

I'm the one that created the page for you, and I'm sorry that it was deleted. It was deleted in November, 2012.. I thought it was a good page, and that you should be included in Wiki. Here's the cryptic dialogue, they even added..."Possibly Fancruft also, the creator appears to be a member of the article subject's web forum [1]--Theda 17:32, 12 November 2012 (UTC)"...

Isn't anyone that writes a wiki article for someone to some extent a fan..

Your submission at Articles for creation

Scott Michaels, which you submitted to Articles for creation, has been created.

Thank you for helping Wikipedia! Chzz 10:54, 22 January 2011 (UTC)
    [edit]Nomination of Scott Michaels for deletion

A discussion is taking place as to whether the article Scott Michaels is suitable for inclusion in Wikipedia according to Wikipedia's policies and guidelines or whether it should bedeleted.
    The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Scott Michaels until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
    Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion template from the top of the article. Theda 16:38, 7 November 2012 (UTC)

The following discussion is an archived debate of the proposed deletion of the article below. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as the article's talk page or in a deletion review). No further edits should be made to this page.
    The result was delete. MBisanz talk 01:47, 22 November 2012 (UTC)
    [edit]Scott Michaels
    Scott Michaels (edit|talk|history|protect|links|watch|logs) – (View log · Stats)
    (Find sources: "Scott Michaels" – news · books · scholar · JSTOR · free images)
    No significant news coverage, fails WP:Author, collaboration only on 1 book https://www.google.com/search?q=Scot...&tbm=bks&tbo=1, no signifient film coverage http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2464981/ . A website and a tour service nobility does not make. Theda 16:38, 7 November 2012 (UTC)
    Note: This debate has been included in the list of Actors and filmmakers-related deletion discussions. • Gene93k (talk) 01:44, 8 November 2012 (UTC)
    Note: This debate has been included in the list of Authors-related deletion discussions. • Gene93k (talk) 01:44, 8 November 2012 (UTC)
    Note: This debate has been included in the list of Businesspeople-related deletion discussions. • Gene93k (talk) 01:44, 8 November 2012 (UTC)
    Delete. This is merely an WP:ADVERT. Fails WP:GNG, WP:AUTHOR, and WP:BK. Qworty (talk) 22:45, 8 November 2012 (UTC)
    Possibly Fancruft also, the creator appears to be a member of the article subject's web forum [1]--Theda 17:32, 12 November 2012 (UTC)
    Relisted to generate a more thorough discussion so a clearer consensus may be reached.
    Please add new comments below this notice. Thanks, -- Cheers, Riley Huntley 04:01, 14 November 2012 (UTC)
    delete not notable. --Shorthate (talk) 18:11, 15 November 2012 (UTC)
    The above discussion is preserved as an archive of the debate. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as the article's talk page or in a deletion review). No further edits should be made to this page.
    Last edited by seberly; 04-27-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Maybe someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day because wiki is supposed to be created by and for everyone. It's their organization's mission statement in fact. The high muckymucks want it that way too because it's the best way to get the widest variety of information and verification of sources.

So maybe get together with Cindy, who's working on the new one and flesh it out as much as possible before posting. The editors with bedhead should leave you alone then.

35. 12-16-2019, 10:37 PM

36. 12-16-2019, 10:38 PM

37. 12-16-2019, 10:38 PM

38. 12-16-2019, 10:39 PM

39. 12-16-2019, 10:40 PM

Reason
    Spam

40. 12-16-2019, 10:40 PM

Reason
    Spam

41. 12-16-2019, 10:41 PM

Reason