Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annette Funicello - Mickey Mouse Club Queen, 70

Annette Funicello - Mickey Mouse Club Queen, 70

Awwww Mannnn - I was just thinking about her the other day. I know she has been struggling for years.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/08/annett...er-dead-at-70/
    My Posse's On Broadway

She really hung in there though.. I mean it started over a decade ago with the Tabloids touting her impending death. RIP Annette.

OMGoodness!!! Sadness Sadness Sadness - Video of her at 70 - may be last known footage, but not sure.... Heartbreaking... http://www.ctvnews.ca/w5/annette-fun...rosis-1.984202
    My Posse's On Broadway

Joee Guest
    Annette and Margaret Thatcher on the same day? I'm not liking this.

Awww RIP Annette. She seemed like a true sweetheart. I never watched MMC, just seen clips here and there, but I loved her in the movie Back to the Beach in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Joee View Post
    Annette and Margaret Thatcher on the same day? I'm not liking this.
    Yeah, means one more celebrity is due to kick it today.

RIP Annette

A sad day for Mickey! RIP Annnette, u will be missed!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_m0cmdjOfOQ1rp6sfgo1_400.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	46161
    Hurry back...hurry back...don't forget to bring your....death certificate!! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Yeah, means one more celebrity is due to kick it today.

RIP Annette

Yikes!!! The ol' three in a row thingy!!!
    My Posse's On Broadway

Damn. But at least she's free from pain.

Bless you Annette. RIP dear lady.
    Cindy

What that poor women went through......Rest Easy Annette.....you earned it.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    OMGoodness!!! Sadness Sadness Sadness - Video of her at 70 - may be last known footage, but not sure.... Heartbreaking... http://www.ctvnews.ca/w5/annette-fun...rosis-1.984202
    Thanks for posting this, Shejay. I would not have even recognized her. How awful. On the bright side, what a wonderful man she married. He is so dedicated and loving to her.

I remember Annette talking one time about how much hair spray they would use on her hair so it would stay still. She said that scenes in open air were the worst because they pretty much gave her helmet head. She always wondered if there was some ingredient in the hair spray or propellant that caused her to get MS.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Oh my God! That is so horrible I am crying after seeing her. Bless her husband. What a man.

Bayou Queen Guest
    I am showing my age but I mentioned to my husband the other day that we were so lucky to have great role models growing up and Annette Funicello was one of them. What a lovely lady, so sad. R.I.P. Annette.

radiojane Guest
    It is really interesting the "pairings" of deaths..... Lady Thatcher and Annette Funicello.... weird.

Her suffering in her last years has been horrendous. Peace finally. RIP

I always come racing here with the scoop and there is always someone who knows so soon. My goodness you guys are fast. RIP Annette!
    I cried for shoes .... til I met a man with no feet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Awwww Mannnn - I was just thinking about her the other day. I know she has been struggling for years.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/08/annett...er-dead-at-70/
    RIP
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Rest in peace.

So sad to hear this news but I'm glad she is now free from suffering. I loved Annette. As a 7-8 year old girl watching those beach movies I wanted to be her. And if I couldn't be her, I wanted that beautiful, black, bouffant hair! I enjoyed her singing, too. RIP Pineapple Princess.

Wendy A. Guest
    I was too young to remember her from the Mickey Mouse Club, but I do remember her from the Skippy commercials. RIP Annette.

I wanted to be just like her when I was a little girl. RIP Annette.

How sad, RIP.

Pryncis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    I was too young to remember her from the Mickey Mouse Club, but I do remember her from the Skippy commercials. RIP Annette.
    I was sitting in the smoking gazebo at school this morning reading an article about some people stealing 5 metric tons of Nutella and thought to myself "What in the world would someone want with 5 metric tons of Nutella? Now, Skippy Peanut butter I can imagine, Nutella, no way" then thought about Annette and the last time I'd heard anything about her. It was the article about her and her husband and how she was doing this year. I come back from the next class and read that she had passed. Isn't it crazy how things like that happen? I was an hour later... I know she's walking again in Heaven and I am positive my mother was there to meet her. She was a big fan and grew up in that area. My heart breaks for her friends and family.

Saveria Guest
    I have never read a bad thing about her & she seemed like a truly nice person. I'm glad her suffering is over but she will definitely be missed.

]OMGoodness!!! Sadness Sadness Sadness - Video of her at 70 - may be last known footage, but not sure.... Heartbreaking... http://www.ctvnews.ca/w5/annette-fun...rosis-1.984202

Man, once I got past those endless auto-ads my heart broke, what a horrible way for her to go, but what a loving and devoted husband she has ! God bless them both, and to realize that she could barely move - and lost the ability to speak - makes it tragic beyond words. I'm thinking about her appearance on the Pee Wee Herman Xmas Special, with Frankie Avalon. The audio-commentary had several of the cast and crew members reminiscing about how much Annette and Frankie enjoyed being on the show, they both had a great sense of humour (their subplot involved them making Xmas cards. Annette used green paint and a toothbrush on the cards, then she forgot about the paint and used the brush on her teeth, resulting in her teeth being covered in the "green paint" which she showed in a great big grin). Again, what a horrible way to go, and to suffer like that for nearly one-third of her life.

God bless her husband, Glen Holt. When you look in a dictionary under the words "real man" - you'll find his photo.

RIP, Annette.

VCNJ~
    Professional Thread-Killer

A part of my childhood ended today, God Bless You Annette for all the wonderful memories I have of you, the Mickey Mouse Club, the Beach Party movies and your music. A true lady who faced life with courage, dignity and class. You will never be forgotten.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

This is such a sad day with the Iron Lady and Annette both on the same day. R.I.P. Annette.

This is one time I'm glad a celebrity died. Fewer died harder than Annette, her suffering is ended. Now for the most enlightening comment of her life's work: She was smokin' hot in those beach movies!
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

phirerednga Guest
    This was such sadness to hear....I cried during the interview with her husband. RIP Ms Funicello, rest sweet lady rest.

Don't Ebert, Margaret, and Annette make three?

I didn't see the original MMC until it came back around on the early days of the Disney Channel. I was hooked though, and I remember watching it every day after school. I never saw the Beach movies, but as corny as it was, Back to the Beach has a place in my heart.
    The MMC closing from Season 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNK5KzI48mM

RIP Annette
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

Now it's time to say good-bye to all our company, M-I-C, see you real soon, K-E-Y, why? because we'll miss you, M-O-U-S-E.

Uhhhh - the video of her and her hubby just broke my heart. MS is such a BITCH!!! I mean I almost hope she had no idea what was going on - I can't imagine being trapped inside my body unable to do anything!!!

Does anyone know a little about MS? Do you think her mind was still there or was she just existing?

Ohhhh - I just wanted to hug her sweet little neck!!!
    My Posse's On Broadway

Pryncis Guest
    I posted something about her on facebook, and my Uncle Jack told me that he and my mother would race home from school to watch the MMC. My mom would get the great big electric floor buffer out of the front closet and use it as a microphone and sing along with Annette. I can totally see my mother doing that!

RIP Annette.

Jacksmum Guest
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annette.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	46170

Uhhhh - the video of her and her hubby just broke my heart. MS is such a BITCH!!! I mean I almost hope she had no idea what was going on - I can't imagine being trapped inside my body unable to do anything!!!

Does anyone know a little about MS? Do you think her mind was still there or was she just existing?

Ohhhh - I just wanted to hug her sweet little neck!!!
    I'm not sure but I think the mind still works and that would be horrible. To be trapped in a body like that and not be able to communicate. Ughhhh. That would really be torture. They said that she could blink on command and seemed to be communicating so she could probably understand at least somewhat what was going on.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 04-09-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Pryncis Guest
    Hearing is the last thing to go.

Miri81 Guest
    It is so depressing seeing her like that.

I also have to agree about the things said about
    her 2nd husband Glen Holt.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Elizabeth Guest
    I was at work yesterday and when I read it on TMZ, at the lunch table, every single one of my (younger) coworkers had absolutely no idea who Annette Funicello was.....hurts my heart to even think about what the younger generation has missed!!

My two kids I raised right....Disney all the way, and that included Annette.....my daughter especially loved her, and we watched "Back To The Beach" and "Babes In Toyland" A LOT.....I took to collecting Annette Funicello bears in the 90's......I know it is best for her, but as one of her fans, we will always love and miss you, Annie.....thanks for the entertainment.....you were one of the good ones....

MysticCho Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sue View Post
    Now it's time to say good-bye to all our company, M-I-C, see you real soon, K-E-Y, why? because we'll miss you, M-O-U-S-E.

Messed up way to pass. She deserved better. Adios you dark eyed beauty.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Hoagie78 Guest
    I noticed that when TMZ and AOL news wrote about her death, the main thing they talked about was her bust size and how she was the object of teen lust. It came across like that was all she was worth as a human being.

I think she was a talented classy lady who will be missed by many. She was one of those stars that spanned several generations. I became a fan of hers when I was a kid growing up in the 80's. I use to watch the old MMC, Disney and Beach films when they use to rerun them at the time. She also did the Skippy ads.

Contrary to popular belief, Annette wasn't the first mousketeer to develop boobs. It was Roy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pryncis View Post
    I posted something about her on facebook, and my Uncle Jack told me that he and my mother would race home from school to watch the MMC. My mom would get the great big electric floor buffer out of the front closet and use it as a microphone and sing along with Annette. I can totally see my mother doing that!
    OMG, I used to do the same, just with a broom!
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

It was only a matter of time.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

I too remember her more for the Skippy commercials- Mickey Mouse club was a bit before my time.

I had a boss who had MS- what a bitch disease. RIP Annette.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

I had totally forgotten about the Skippy commercials! I definitely remember seeing them now. We were a Jif family.

I have a friend with MS too but it's not nearly as bad as Annette's was and I hope it doesn't progress that far.

deanfan Guest
    It was hard to see her like that in that video. I'm sad she is gone, but glad she is free from that terrible disease. God bless her husband for taking care of her. RIP Annette!