Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Amelia Earhart

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I've always wondered about why people assume Amelia had any sort of easy or cushy landing on the island. I think if that were the case much of the plane would've been found in tact.

I supposed they could've had a decent landing on the water and made their way to shore safely (the whole sink and ditch it theory) but I don't know. It seems to me to be asking a lot of the airplane safety technology of that era to expect it to be a reality.
    [SIZE=2]I'm reading another book about Amelia that claims that there were "credible" reports of contact with her after the incident.

A day or two after she went missing; two radio men in two different locations reported the same weak signals; both stating that they seemed to originate from the Phoenix Islands Group.

Some contacts were deemed false because the voice being transmiited was a male voice - many did not know that Fred Noonan was aboard the flight.

One amateur radio operator in the States using a specially built antenna claimed to have heard calls for help from Amelia; with her reporting that they had landed on a reef surrounding an island; giving a position consistent with the Phoenix Islands; that Noonan was seriously injured and needed immediate attention; she was injured; but less seriously so.

This contact was said to have been made on a frequency of 15,000 kilocycles; which is the fifth harmonic of her chosen frequency of 3105 kilocycles; a scenario that (by experts of such things) is considered distant; but within the realm of possibility.

The plane could only transmit if the right ( I think) engine was under power; it powered the radio and charged the batteries. There was no "emergency" or portable radio on board.

I just saw a grainy video of her take off from Lae, New Guinea in route to Howland; which shows her broadcasting antenna; and her radio direction finding antenna; in tact atop the Electra; but her recieving antenna on the belly of the plane is missing.

One too many bumps on that grass runway with a plane overloaded with fuel; I guess; which might have rendered her deaf.

I'm starting to think that they did make landfall; and they did broadcast for help; until the tide came up and washed the plane off of the reef.

I think we will eventually know what happened to Amelia; I think they will eventually find the plane; it's still there near wher it landed or crashed.

[/SIZE]
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

I think we'll find out what happened before we die too, Jim. Or at least something more concrete than we know now. Search technology getting better all the time.

Klopek Guest
    Hello all, Chiming in after a short period away. There was a photograph that made headlines about a month ago showing a possible wheel in the air attached to a strut, I believe it to be BS because no experienced pilot would attempt a water ditch with gear down- it would be suicidal, an automatic flip would ensue. Where's S3Joe ?

Joee Guest
    My money is on they got lost, ran out of gas and the big fishes ate them if they survived the impact and the little fishes ate them if they didn't. Lots of aircrews have been lost at sea with no clues as to the location of their remains.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	earhart_resize.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	42544
    Pacific Island holds answer to Amelia Earhart mystery, says expedition team
    Amanda MorrowJuly 2, 2012 07:25
    On the 75th anniversary of US aviator Amelia Earhart's final flight, an expedition team says it knows where to find her missing plane.
    http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...nce-expedition

Quote Originally Posted by Klopek
    Hello all, Chiming in after a short period away. There was a photograph that made headlines about a month ago showing a possible wheel in the air attached to a strut, I believe it to be BS because no experienced pilot would attempt a water ditch with gear down- it would be suicidal, an automatic flip would ensue.
    Is this it?:

Name:	120320092737-possible-earhart-landing-gear-story-top.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	42624
    Last edited by SomeChick; 07-07-2012 at 12:35 AM.

That looks like the one I saw; it's indeterminate at best; IMO.

The more I read in this latest book about Amelia; it seems more and more convincing that there were credible reports of contact with her after she went missing.

Yeah, even if you click on the pic to enlarge it, it looks like it could be anything - including photoshopping in an upside down wheelbarrow, lol. Really I think it's the power of suggestion getting to people. So and so says it's the landing gear from Amelia's plane, people see that and pretty soon they're repeating it as fact.

I especially think that's likely since I've seen that shot of the island several times over the years. Sometimes they've included mystery objects, sometimes not. The tide doesn't account for these differences because the water and the water level at the shoreline are always the same.

deathhaghun Guest
    I really hope they do find the plane. After 75 years there mightn't be much left of the bodies if they did die but at least they could find out what happened after this time.

Quote Originally Posted by deathhaghun View Post
    I really hope they do find the plane. After 75 years there mightn't be much left of the bodies if they did die but at least they could find out what happened after this time.
    I don't think anything would be left of them; bone fragments at best. But it would be cool to get definitive proof that tells us whether they lived or died instantly.

I suspect that the plane will be found on the sea floor in the Phoenix Islands group; probably at Gardner (now Nikomororo (sp?) Island.

Bone fragments have been found there; and incredibly; some bones from a woman of European descent were found there in the 40's; but subsequently "misplaced".

Other items; supposedly; have been found that would be consistent with that era and with things they might have carried.

Damned shame that their lack of familiarity with their radio equipment and their lack of ability to send and understand Morse code probably sealed their fate.

Had her first attempt to circle the globe not been thwarted by her wreck on take off from Hawaii to Howland; she might have made it; due to having a competent radio man as well as a competent navigator on board.

They may have found parts of her plane

http://news.yahoo.com/earhart-expedi...040327186.html

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    They may have found parts of her plane

http://news.yahoo.com/earhart-expedi...040327186.html
    It sounds like WHATEVER the debris is, it may be kind of hard to recover it. Very intriguing article.

14. 08-21-2012, 05:01 AM

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellfire View Post
    I heard she was downed and captured by the Japaneese.
    That's what I read. If it's true think Japan will ever talk? I don't. Unless someone spills the beans? I read accounts (in the Philippines in that era) of
    natives seeing the Japanese with a white woman dressed like a man under their guard. They probably executed her if it's true.

I saw the ending of Unsloved Mysteries (I think) episode where a lady said when was a young girl she witnessed the Japanese march Earhart and Noonan into the jungle and made them strip, them shot them both into fresh dug graves, a guy went to the supposed area and dug and found what could have been a strip of cloth, a blindfold he thought? I don't think any cloth would still be around, and where were the bodies? How old could that lady have been anyway? I missed the 1st part of the show.

Wouldn't the tide and current pull the plane out to sea? Unless it got caught on rocks or a cliff maybe? I still don't know what to think.

Just like Jimmy Hoffa the mystery will be
    solved.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Bidmor Guest
    I believe aliens tractor-beamed her plane into their space craft, studied them for a few of years, then dropped them off with her plane at a secret base in Utah. The military, after debriefing both for nearly 12 months and some minor plastic surgery to alter their faces (physical alteration technology shared by "the grays"), gave them both new identities after signing an oath of secrecy. Earhart and Noonon lived out the remainder of their lives in the U.S. replete with new names, family histories, social security numbers, etc. Earhart's plane was later shipped to what we now refer to as Area 51 where it sits in a small hanger.
    Last edited by Bidmor; 08-21-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    I believe aliens tractor-beamed her plane into their space craft, studied them for a few of years, then dropped them off with her plane at a secret base in Utah. The military, after debriefing both for nearly 12 months and some minor plastic surgery to alter their faces (physical alteration technology shared by "the grays"), gave them both new identities after signing an oath of secrecy. Earhart and Noonon lived out the remainder of their lives in the U.S. replete with new names, family histories, social security numbers, etc. Earhart's plane was later shipped to what we now refer to as Area 51 where it sits in a small hanger.
    Were the Illuminati involved too? I like the Illuminati, they sound shiny.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Yeah, that's got to be it.

I don't know why anybody else didn't stumble onto the truth before now.

Stop searching the Pacific; start searching Nevada and New Mexico!

We do have a lander currently on Mars taking pictures; maybe the truth is there...

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Were the Illuminati involved too? I like the Illuminati, they sound shiny.
    Naturally because many members of the Illuminati are descendants the mating of humans and aliens back during the early times of earth. You don't believe the Egyptians designed and built the pyramids by their own ingenuity, do you?

Naturally because many members of the Illuminati are descendants the mating of humans and aliens back during the early times of earth. You don't believe the Egyptians designed and built the pyramids by their own ingenuity, do you?
    No. Everyone with their secret decoder rings set to the coordinates B 27 C W 10.2 knows that the pyramids were built by the serpent people of Palladian. One block at a time slithered up the chain of serpents to it's proper resting place and then another sent up until the last block was in place. All they asked for in exchange was the ability to study Amelia in the future as they could see the future. They chose her because they had gone through history thus far looking for an independant woman to study and her societal dynamic. The last experiment failed is all they would say about that. But they did feel their technique had been perfected enough that they no longer had to worry about l"osing another one".

I learned a long time ago to never trust the serpent people (or lounge lizards for that matter); and that was before I even knew about their involvement with Amelia and Elvis.

Taggerez Guest
    I blame Fox News for Earhart's disappearance and for orchestrating the cover-up.

I blame George H.W. Bush.

Even if he was not personally responsible for her going missing (and I think he was due to his known negotiations with Grey Aliens and the Japanese; and the true facts that we have available to us today; as opposed to the untrue facts); he did not do enough to bring her home.

George H.W. Bush is alone responsible for Amelia going missing before he might have even been born; cause that's the way it is.

Jimmy Hoffa has left the building.

Alycat32 Guest
    I'm still fascinated by this story.

I love the posts about the coconut crabs. My husband was stationed in Guam for four years and we saw quite a few of them. The locals called them ayuyu

Hopefully; did the locals eat them?

They must have some redeeming quality; such as being tasty with butter and what not.

Whatever happened with the whole bone fragments found on the island and they were going to be tested thing? Anybody know?

Alycat32 Guest

Yuck lol

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Hopefully; did the locals eat them?

They must have some redeeming quality; such as being tasty with butter and what not.

Yep, apparently they like to make soups and stews out of them. They remind me of giant lobster/spider looking things. Here is a pic I took of one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	46561  

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat32 View Post
    Yep, apparently they like to make soups and stews out of them. They remind me of giant lobster/spider looking things. Here is a pic I took of one.
    Yikes. How big are they again? I'm not sure I'd sleep a wink on an island with something like that roaming around on it. This reminds me of the late, great George Carlin's reaction to crabs in general: "Step on that fuck! Step on that fuck before it gets to the children!"

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat32 View Post
    They look like the lobster/crab hybrid doodads did in my head when reading Stephen King's Gunslinger series. The hero, Roland ate them to survive too.

If coconut crabs were attacking me; I'd get really, really fat; eating in self defence and what not.

Her plane is still out there; it will be found some day.

My father (from that generation) always believed that Amelia and Noonan (both married) fell in love and decided to "disappear" together and start new lives.

OK; so where do you land and park the fucking plane and walk away without anybody noticing?

Maybe the Japanese did take her down and put the plane in a hanger and fly it back to Japan; I believe that we will know the answer eventually; I think that the plane is on the sea floor; and they died on a deserted island.

Just IMO.

They say they found the plane (again )

http://www.newser.com/story/168725/s...rts-plane.html
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

35. 06-01-2013, 07:41 PM

CliftonRogers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dirttrackdemon3 View Post
    whooo...there are some homely ladies in this group!!!
    Not so 'homely' as you'd think....

From the picture, Left to Right:
    1) Pancho Barnes- (1901-1975) Her Grandfather was the 'grandfather of the airforce', Lowes observatory is named after him. Her name was Florence Leontine Lowe "Pancho" Barnes- Facinating story of her life all over the internet
    2) Elizabeth McQueen -(1878-1958) She was the founder of the Women's International Association of Aeronautics.
    3) Amelia Earhart,
    4) Elizabeth Kelly Inwood,
    5) Clema Granger (1894-1983) (mostly obscured, in background)- was born on Sept 25, 1893, in Oskaloosa, Iowa and died on June 28, 1983 in Palmdale, California. She held pilotâ??s license #1542. She married fellow Register pilot James E. Granger on April 29, 1911 in Los Angeles, CA. Jim Granger was her flight instructor. They had a son, Norman. They enjoyed marriage until 1934 when Jim was killed in an aircraft accident. Shortly after Jimâ??s death, Clema moved to Palm Springs, CA with her son where she lived until about 1978. ),
    Her Pilot's License was signed by Orville Wright.
    6) Gladys O'Donnel (in background with cap and goggles),-In 1929, Gladys O'Donnell was the only licensed woman pilot in Long Beach, California. With just 40 hours of solo flying time, she heedlessly entered the first Women's Air Derby ever held and won second place. The following year she entered again and won first place.
    7) Janet Roberts, Though she seemingly did not do anything particularly noteworthy as a pilot, she did set a record for fewest hours of instruction before her first solo in 1930. Simply being a lady pilot was significant at the time! She would have been 19 1/2 years old when this picture was taken. She went on to marry her flight instructor Burleigh Putnam Jr. (no relation to Amelia's husband, George Palmer Putnam). Later she married a flier named Ferguson, and finally another flier , Raymond Kuhns Kirkpatrick. Her last flying was around 1950 when she seems to have decided that with children, it was a dangerous activity.
    8) Mildred Morgan- was a well-respected pilot and air racer. Her husband, Thomas E. Morgan, president of Pickwick Airways, an early west coast air transport operation. Mildred learned to fly in Hawaii in 1929, and participated in the 1929-1932 National Air Races making her marks in two. In 1930, flying NC8192, she placed second (Jean LaRene placed third). Her time was 21 hours, 8 minutes and 35 seconds. She won $2,100 and picked up another $300 by placing third in the 50-mile race for open cockpit airplanes (with an average speed of 107.24 MPH), and another $80 in dead stick landing contests. Expenses notwithstanding, that was a great weekâ??s pay for those days, especially for a pilot with one year flying experience.
    9) Valentine Sprague

I think they made it to the island. When they became added from dehydration and exhaustion the sand crabs got them. I'll bet you can find parts of their bones under the ground of the island where the old sand crab hollows used to be.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

Quote Originally Posted by jerryvr View Post
    They say they found the plane (again )

http://www.newser.com/story/168725/s...rts-plane.html
    When I saw video on this I was so happy (Hubs thought I was nuts 'cuz I had this big grin on my face) that it was Ric Gillespe's group that found this. He and TIGHER have been looking for her plane for so many years. They say they're having trouble getting the equipment to actually go down there though. I'm thinking they should get a hold of Bob Ballard and Jim Cameron. Cameron's defintely got the right kind of equipment. He was able to make it pretty far into Titanic.
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

Amelia Earhart Plane Fragment Identified

Name:	1 Norfolk.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	51756

A fragment of Amelia Earhart's lost aircraft has been identified to a high degree of certainty for the first time ever since her plane vanished over the Pacific Ocean on July 2, 1937, in a record attempt to fly around the world at the equator.

New research strongly suggests that a piece of aluminum aircraft debris recovered in 1991 from Nikumaroro, an uninhabited atoll in the southwestern Pacific republic of Kiribati, does belong to Earhartâ??s twin-engined Lockheed Electra. http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/...nt-identified/
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Somebody is fishing for funding for yet another expedition I expect.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Somebody is fishing for funding for yet another expedition I expect.
    Most likely!

So, if this is from her plane, and it was on the island, does this mean she crashed on land? If so, I wonder where the rest of the plane is? One theory is she landed the plane, then it was swept away in the tide. If this piece is from her plane, then I'm thinking they crashed and died on impact. But I don't know. I just wish this would be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    So, if this is from her plane, and it was on the island, does this mean she crashed on land? If so, I wonder where the rest of the plane is? One theory is she landed the plane, then it was swept away in the tide. If this piece is from her plane, then I'm thinking they crashed and died on impact. But I don't know. I just wish this would be solved.
    Good question, would so love to know the full story. I also think they
    crashed and died on impact.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I don't know. This story has a lot of pieces missing.

I'm skeptical for now.

Maybe it's near MH370

45. 10-31-2014, 11:36 AM
    Reason
    double

Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    I don't know. This story has a lot of pieces missing.

I'm skeptical for now.

Maybe it's near MH370

Agree.....very skeptical
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Bidmor Guest
    I still say that Amelia and her navigator Fred Noonan got way off course and stumbled upon a joint US Navy and extra-terrestrial exercise.

One of the alien ships left the exercise to scoop up the intruding plane in flight and its two occupants were then transferred to a participating ship, which was carrying FDR who was observing the exercises, and held there for two days until a decision was reached by FDR and the US intelligence head and the alien commander present and Earhart and Noonan, who agreed to work for US military/extra-terrestrial project for a minimum of 5 years at a (then) new secret Air Force facility called Groom Lake (later to be referred to as Area 51) in the Nevada desert. The aliens had some reservations about the deal, being uncomfortable with intruding civilians involved in their joint work project with the military. However Earhart had done some intelligence work in the past and was well known to US intelligence higher-ups so she was more comfortable with the entire situation and able to persuade Noonan to string along. Interestingly, FDR and US intelligence heads choose not to inform the alien commander of Earhart's experience and that fact was successfully kept from them. FDR was the last American president to know of the existence of the working relationship between the US military and extra-terrestrials.

Earhart's Lockheed plane (ironically, Lockheed was involved with the US-ET project) along with Earhart and Noonan were transported by an alien ship to the new installation Groom Lake where the two worked daily with alien technicians of diverse disciplines, but primarily that of flight and space travel. The two were not allowed to leave the base nor communicate with the outside world, as they understood from the beginning that would be the case.

Earhart and Noonan stayed at Groom Lake well past their five year agreement to work there during WWII. Then in 1949 both decided to retire after working on captured German secret weapons, which were primitive by alien standards aside from one which was developed by the Germans with alien guidance. The discovery of that prototype craft shook relations between the US and the aliens for a time.

Through alien bio-technology, Earhart and Noonan were given completely new faces and finger prints. US intelligence supplied them with new identities and each a hefty retirement income under condition of non-disclosure. Earhart and Noonan were "planted" each in different parts of the US where each lived out their lives.

Amelia's Lockheed plane still sits in a corner of a small disused Area 51 hanger, covered by tarp and decades of dust.

You sound eerily like Fox Mulder.
    Last edited by cindyt; 10-31-2014 at 07:26 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I don't know -

That whole "small, disused corner" part sounds a little far fetched.

Maybe if you could find mention of it on the internet; then it would have to be true.

Hey!

I just re-read your post - it is mentioned on the internet!

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    I believe it. I believed it when they found it. If they didn't die on impact they died very soon after from drowning. I'm assuming Bidmor's post was a long joke....

Rosebud666 Guest
    I still say that Amelia and her navigator Fred Noonan got way off course and stumbled upon a joint US Navy and extra-terrestrial exercise.

. . .

Amelia's Lockheed plane still sits in a corner of a small disused Area 51 hanger, covered by tarp and decades of dust.
    You forgot to point out President Obama's decided lack of leadership in finding the missing fliers. This and your failure to place the blame squarely on the shoulders of the secret international financial cartel make me suspect that you are not telling us the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Otherwise - a great post.

Tarp yes, but no dust. Area 51 prides itself on excellent housekeeping.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

One of the alien ships left the exercise to scoop up the intruding plane in flight and its two occupants were then transferred to a participating ship, which was carrying FDR who was observing the exercises, and held there for two days until a decision was reached by FDR and the US intelligence head and the alien commander present and Earhart and Noonan, who agreed to work for US military/extra-terrestrial project for a minimum of 5 years at a (then) new secret Air Force facility called Groom Lake (later to be referred to as Area 51) in the Nevada desert. The aliens had some reservations about the deal, being uncomfortable with intruding civilians involved in their joint work project with the military. However Earhart had done some intelligence work in the past and was well known to US intelligence higher-ups so she was more comfortable with the entire situation and able to persuade Noonan to string along. Interestingly, FDR and US intelligence heads choose not to inform the alien commander of Earhart's experience and that fact was successfully kept from them. FDR was the last American president to know of the existence of the working relationship between the US military and extra-terrestrials.

Earhart's Lockheed plane (ironically, Lockheed was involved with the US-ET project) along with Earhart and Noonan were transported by an alien ship to the new installation Groom Lake where the two worked daily with alien technicians of diverse disciplines, but primarily that of flight and space travel. The two were not allowed to leave the base nor communicate with the outside world, as they understood from the beginning that would be the case.

Earhart and Noonan stayed at Groom Lake well past their five year agreement to work there during WWII. Then in 1949 both decided to retire after working on captured German secret weapons, which were primitive by alien standards aside from one which was developed by the Germans with alien guidance. The discovery of that prototype craft shook relations between the US and the aliens for a time.

Through alien bio-technology, Earhart and Noonan were given completely new faces and finger prints. US intelligence supplied them with new identities and each a hefty retirement income under condition of non-disclosure. Earhart and Noonan were "planted" each in different parts of the US where each lived out their lives.

Those aliens are devious little bastards.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny