Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Woman fatally shot in home of Olympic runner Oscar Pistorius

It was always murder but unfortunately he'll only serve a few more years.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    So now they say he is guilty. I so agree but I am totally confused. Is this common practice?
    I don't think it is, but I could be wrong. The judge explains his reasons in this article. Could have used him during the O.J. trial ! http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-after-6944749
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Is the black eyes caused by the gun shot or her being hit before hand with the bat or something?
    Last edited by Shellie; 06-16-2016 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Spelling

good find Cash. and I also was wondering about the black eye

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    Is the black eyes caused by the gun shot or her being hit before hand with the bat or something?
    I think we have a resident pathologist or something who has been gracious enough to answer these types questions but I don't remember his name (hopefully someone knows who I mean).

I think the bruising was caused because of all the damage to the inside of her skull. All that facial tissue is so tender.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

the release of the crime scene photos is causing some debate in SA

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/so...amps-dead-body

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I think we have a resident pathologist or something who has been gracious enough to answer these types questions but I don't remember his name (hopefully someone knows who I mean).

I think the bruising was caused because of all the damage to the inside of her skull. All that facial tissue is so tender.
    I see and it makes sense now you say it. Thanks for the answer.

"What purpose does it serve to have the public see them (the Reeva death photos)?"
    Well, DUH, so EVERYONE can see what BULLSHIT that Oscar's "amazing story" WAS, IS, and ever SHALL be!
    Tell you what, when Oskie's done with his probably-too-short sentence, he can have cocktails with Brock Turner and that "affluenza" kid!<<shudders>>
    Last edited by Linnie; 07-07-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Sentenced to six years today - I think this is final but the SA justice system is a bit strange

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-sa...-idUSKCN0ZL2T2

Sentenced to six years today - I think this is final but the SA justice system is a bit strange

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-sa...-idUSKCN0ZL2T2
    It's better than the original sentence but not by much.

It's better than the original sentence but not by much.
    I guess it's a plus he'll be in a jail rather than lounging around his uncle's house, though I don't doubt he'll be protected from other inmates. Perhaps Oscar can call up that production company that was to have done the reality program about his relationship with Reeva, and have them follow him around in prison, instead. That would be a ratings bonanza, I'm sure!
    Last edited by Linnie; 07-07-2016 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    I guess it's a plus he'll be in a jail rather than lounging around his uncle's house, though I don't doubt he'll be protected from other inmates. Perhaps Oscar can call up that production company that was to have done the reality program about his relationship with Reeva, and have them follow him around in prison, instead. That would be a ratings bonanza, I'm sure!
    After everything that has happened with this case, it wouldn't be a surprise if it did happen as nothing has gone the way it should have. He's already done the interview so who knows this could be the next step.

After everything that has happened with this case, it wouldn't be a surprise if it did happen as nothing has gone the way it should have. He's already done the interview so who knows this could be the next step.
    Your right, NOTHING has gone the way it should have. Guilty from day one, life in prison, game over.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

South African rappers Die Antwoord make fun of Pistorius in their new video.

Starts @2:09

doubled his jail term to 13 years

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-42107701

Well, at least he will be in prison. Plenty of time for someone there to mistake HIM for a burglar. Hmm.

doubled his jail term to 13 years

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-42107701
    Still not enough in my opinion but at least he got more than he was originally sentenced to.

I believe he did this on purpose and his excuse of someone breaking in was just that, an excuse. He knew she was there, why wouldn't he check on her whereabouts in the house before shooting or at least identify his target. Sounds guilty as to me and deserves to go to jail. RIP Reeva.

20. 12-30-2019, 08:36 PM

He is getting out of prison in January. Wow. Feel bad for her family.