Thread: Dognapper Strikes During Holiday Rush

Dognapper Strikes During Holiday Rush

I can't even read about this shyt but here it is.... makes me so damn pissed. This is like kidnapping & should be sentenced to a more harsh sentence.

http://sg.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/abc...opstories.html

Wendy A. Guest
    That is a pretty damn lowdown and dirty thing to do, but why would you take your dog Christmas shopping in NYC of all places? I do hope they get their dog back!

Dumb owners. They don't deserve the dog in the first place.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

with all do respect, why even think to blame their owners??? People take their little dogs out to places. I've seen ppl even drive with their dogs in their laps....

Oh, I hate stuff like this. I hope that family gets their dog back.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

MoonRabbit Guest
    There are very mean people out there (as if you didn't notice) this breed can be costly.
    You think this is bad? A family had an auto accident near my area a couple years ago where the van turned over
    and while the victims were barely gathering their bearing someone grabbed their expensive Yorkie and ran! I don't
    think the family got the dog back either!

RebelRocker Guest
    while i understand taking your dog for a walk but if youre going to shop why take the dog with you to the store just to leave it outside? this isnt directed to you pyt but i just dont understand. my dog and my cat are like my children, i dont take my dog shopping me but i have an aunt in law who take her dog with her shopping and errands. in fact, her dog would tear up her car and she would still take her to the store even in the 100 degree heat and leave her in the car while she shopped, i dont get it.

tarsier Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    with all do respect, why even think to blame their owners??? People take their little dogs out to places. I've seen ppl even drive with their dogs in their laps....
    Even dumber people pets should ride secured in carriers thy don't have hands to hold onto things in an accident. These people were kind of asking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    If you're alone in a restaurant, do you leave your purse on the table when you go to the bathroom?

When you go into a store, do you leave your car running with the doors unlocked?

When you leave your home, do you leave the front door open?

That is no different than leaving your dog unattended to in a public place.

There are complete assholes in this world who are waiting to pounce on these opportunities. People need to be responsible and take precautions.

I wouldn't even leave my bike outside a store for 30 seconds let alone my DOG.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

I dont understand why people think they need to take their dogs with them everywhere. Dogs are gross I really dont want to be subjected to them unless its a service dog.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

I really only take my dog to the park. He would be more than happy to come with me shopping, but I feel that he is much safer at home. However, that doesn't give someone the right to take someone else's dog. I think that is mean.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

RebelRocker Guest
    yeah thats very upsetting. he shot the dog just because he didnt want the dog in his yard.

SunRae Guest
    Heartbreaking! My grandfather breeds labs (mostly chocolate) on his farm with his 3 labs, which are a part of the family. Labs are awesome - friendly and loyal.
    Can someone please clarify something for me? The article mentions the dogs playing in a church yard, then say that the shooter's excuse for the shooting was "he didn't want the dog playing in his yard." Was the dog ever in his yard or did he just think that they would wind up there?

maybe the church yard was next to or near the shooter's yard & the wacko did not want the dog to start to go into his yard, but the dog was in between or something ...

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Glad the dog was reunited with the owner, and happy the thief was arrested. I know a lot of people won't agree with me, but leaving an animal tied up outside is just unbelievably stupid to me. I wouldn't leave my child outside unsupervised, and same thing goes for a beloved pet. I hope they learned their lesson, and it turned out to be a happy ending.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    Glad the dog was reunited with the owner, and happy the thief was arrested. I know a lot of people won't agree with me, but leaving an animal tied up outside is just unbelievably stupid to me. I wouldn't leave my child outside unsupervised, and same thing goes for a beloved pet. I hope they learned their lesson, and it turned out to be a happy ending.
    True! Also a tied up animal can't defend itself from a dog attack.