Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 172425262728 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,300 of 1398

Thread: Sandy Hook Elementary School Massacre

Mammy Guest
    How ironic that a bunch of delusional liars are called "Truthers." They can believe whatever they want, but theft and tormenting a grieving parent is really cold hearted and cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    How ironic that a bunch of delusional liars are called "Truthers." They can believe whatever they want, but theft and tormenting a grieving parent is really cold hearted and cruel.
    I'm not even sure what those twits are worried about. NOBODY took ANYONE'S guns away, and about 99% of all the proposed legislation intended to bring at least a SMIDGEON of "gun control" FAILED to pass. Heck, gun sales went UP!!!

I like a good conspiracy theory as much as anyone, as long as nobody's feelings are truly injured (like the Donald Sterling / Magic Johnson thing), or most of the original participants are gone and the final answers forever elusive ("JFK blown away, what else do I have to say?") And I do think government agencies are involved in a lot of deep doggie dirt, some of which has hurt many innocent people, including citizens.
    But sometimes, and I do believe in THIS case, a cigar IS just a cigar, and a random act of individual madness is JUST that, random, mad, and individual.
    Last edited by Linnie; 05-14-2014 at 06:52 PM.

$28 million was donated to the victims

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/01...ooting-victims

Hmm mmm.. Of course.

I wonder if anything was given to Adam's brother?

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    Adam was his son. He was responsible for his well being long before his condition worsened. Maybe I'm being too harsh. But affording firearms and partaking in the practice of shooting just seems wrong here. He left a card telling Adam he would take him shooting. The mother may indeed have made it difficult but that doesn't remove him from liability. He should've grown a pair and did whatever was necessary to help his child. Instead he took the easier route of fleeing to a new family. I guess we just see accountability differently. And at the point when the shootings took place his hands may have been tied. But he was still responsible for his kid.
    I disagree with this. I genuinely believe Adam's father thought he was doing the right thing given the circumstances. By all accounts I've read, he was as blindsided as everyone else. Having accepted the asbergers disagnosis, he was seeing Adam as quirky and weird. I don't believe it was his intent to flee or anything like that... Having a child on the autistic spectrum, I have little doubt he was doing the best hr knew how at the time. Hindsight is always 20/20...
    Last edited by sfcitygirl; 08-14-2014 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sfcitygirl View Post
    I disagree with this. I genuinely believe Adam's father thought he was doing the right thing given the circumstances. By all accounts I've read, he was as blindsided as everyone else. Having accepted the asbergers disagnosis, he was seeing Adam as quirky and weird. I don't believe it was his intent to flee or anything like that... Having a child on the autistic spectrum, I have little doubt he was doing the best hr knew how at the time. Hindsight is always 20/20...
    Hindsight may be 20/20 but foresight is important when your children are involved. I'm not laying total blame on the father but I believe he has his part in sharing responsibility with the mother. You just don't make firearms readily available for people afflicted as severely as Adam. You certainly shouldn't promote the use of firearms for recreation and parental bonding when you have a kid that is proven to not recognize emotion and social significance.

I'm not trying to argue so much as further my opinion. I appreciate your view on this and thank you for responding to my post.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    This is gonna sound harsh but I don't really care. This crazy mother fucker should have been locked away long before he shot those babies. I know mental illness isn't the person's fault and I have sympathy but sometimes society's protection is more important than one person. Basically if you look like this you shouldn't be allowed to walk around.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lanzaflip_zps3a394f65.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	51301

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    This is gonna sound harsh but I don't really care. This crazy mother fucker should have been locked away long before he shot those babies. I know mental illness isn't the person's fault and I have sympathy but sometimes society's protection is more important than one person. Basically if you look like this you shouldn't be allowed to walk around.

Name:	lanzaflip_zps3a394f65.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	51301
    He does look bananas. The mother knew he was nuts. I know he was diagnosed with Asperger's and I have taught children with Asperger's. At the high school level. They do not react to social situations the way normal people do. They are quick to anger and are extremely bright (I'm basing this on the interactions I have had with Asperger's kids). I agree with McMorbid that the dad has culpability too. He sort of left the mom with the son and moved on. They both promoted the "guns are cool" lifestyle and he was not emotionally equipped for that. From what I have read, he had a flat affect and didn't really have any emotion at all. The parents KNEW this, yet they gave him weapons as gifts and took him to a range to teach him how to use them. Sad situation all the way around but mom and dad both are to blame here.

That pic on the right is SCARY dude!!!

Yeah I forgot about the mom and her love for guns. Wasn't she an extreme gun nut with several guns? But yeah both parents bear some responsibility. "Yeah let's teach this kid that's obviously completely out of his flippin mind how to shoot weapons... on top of that let's keep a lot of guns in the house. Honey!! I'm off to the NRA rally. If you decide to shoot some small animals in the yard please put the guns back where you found them."

Yeah I forgot about the mom and her love for guns. Wasn't she an extreme gun nut with several guns? But yeah both parents bear some responsibility. "Yeah let's teach this kid that's obviously completely out of his flippin mind how to shoot weapons... on top of that let's keep a lot of guns in the house. Honey!! I'm off to the NRA rally. If you decide to shoot some small animals in the yard please put the guns back where you found them."
    Well put. She was a gun nut, I'm not so sure about the dad but he knew she was a gun nut and what she was teaching their son. He knew that kid wasn't right. I imagine he lives with the guilt everyday.

When you see someone that looks like Adam you cross the fuckin street and keep on kickin. I can be physically intimidating myself but even I know "crazy fucker"when I see it. Hell I'd be worried that his eyeball would pop out and hit me. I don't run from much but I'll damn sure get out of the way.We have a member and dear friend to me here on the forum with asperger's and she's completely functional. In fact she's quite successful in life. I'm not gonna bust her out because she's only mentioned it a couple times though. Her form of humor may tell a bit if you're looking for it but she's not crazy looking like Adam. She's actually pretty damn hot if I say so myself. That fucker (Adam) had Asperger's plus.

Yeah I think he had more than just Asperger's. And I sure didn't mean to offend anyone with it. I haven't heard of any violent behavior being a part of Aspergers. I just skimmed the wiki on it and apparently a lack of empathy is common with Asperbergers. That's how serial killers work. To Adam it was probably no different than shooting pieces of paper.

When you see someone that looks like Adam you cross the fuckin street and keep on kickin. I can be physically intimidating myself but even I know "crazy fucker"when I see it. Hell I'd be worried that his eyeball would pop out and hit me. I don't run from much but I'll damn sure get out of the way.We have a member and dear friend to me here on the forum with asperger's and she's completely functional. In fact she's quite successful in life. I'm not gonna bust her out because she's only mentioned it a couple times though. Her form of humor may tell a bit if you're looking for it but she's not crazy looking like Adam. She's actually pretty damn hot if I say so myself. That fucker (Adam) had Asperger's plus.
    Exactly. Lmao@ the eyeball part. If I saw Lanza my ass would be running like Forrest Gump.

The kids I taught were completely functional as well. They reacted differently to various classroom stimuli, i.e., things the other kids thought was funny they didn't or they would make inappropriate comments or comment at inappropriate times. All of the kids I taught were bright and will do well in life. But they are not being trained to kill either. Only one of the kids I had showed a lack of empathy. I'm not really sure that he lacked emotion, he just didn't know how to show it. He was a great kid, just extraordinarily blunt. Lanza was just nuts.
    Last edited by findadeathaddict; 08-14-2014 at 01:21 PM.

MinLynn Guest
    My youngest son has Asbergers....he certainly is NOT quick to anger. In fact, he lets kids bully him to the point of physically hurting him and refuses to make them stop it despite my encouraging him to do so (after all steps have been taken through the school, of course! I'm not that stupid.) He is extremely sensitive and cries easily. In school, he is so quiet that for a long time his teachers didn't know he was struggling in class because he refused to ask for help for anything. He does well in school but he isn't overly bright in the sense that his grades are outstanding. They're average B's and C's. Nobody notices that something is different about him until they really get to know him. And even then, most people think "Oh they must baby him!" and "He's definitely a Mama's boy!" It's a very hard condition to understand.

Adam Lanza may have had Asbergers but I do not think that was what caused him to do what he did. I personally think he was a sociopath and his parents refused to have him diagnosed.

Quote Originally Posted by MinLynn View Post
    My youngest son has Asbergers....he certainly is NOT quick to anger. In fact, he lets kids bully him to the point of physically hurting him and refuses to make them stop it despite my encouraging him to do so (after all steps have been taken through the school, of course! I'm not that stupid.) He is extremely sensitive and cries easily. In school, he is so quiet that for a long time his teachers didn't know he was struggling in class because he refused to ask for help for anything. He does well in school but he isn't overly bright in the sense that his grades are outstanding. They're average B's and C's. Nobody notices that something is different about him until they really get to know him. And even then, most people think "Oh they must baby him!" and "He's definitely a Mama's boy!" It's a very hard condition to understand.

Adam Lanza may have had Asbergers but I do not think that was what caused him to do what he did. I personally think he was a sociopath and his parents refused to have him diagnosed.
    Hi Mini. I hope my post did not offend you. I was just sharing what I have experienced with children in their later teen years that I taught personally. Also, I don't think that Asperger's is why Lanza did what he did. I agree that he was a sociopath. To clarify (just in case I offended you), I was arguing that mom and dad knew he was nuts (not from Asperger's) but the fact that he clearly had issues that I think the mother liked to conveniently blame on the disease instead of realizing her son was a nut job and then proceeded to arm him.

Again, I hope I didn't offend you in any way and I hope your son succeeds in school. I hate bullies and that was one of the the hardest part of my job as a teacher - watching kids getting bullied and being afraid to stand up for themselves. *Hugs*

Mammy Guest
    IMO, Adam Lanza's mother was a big part of his problem and she was nuttier than he was, just maybe not as evil.

IMO, Adam Lanza's mother was a big part of his problem and she was nuttier than he was, just maybe not as evil.
    She was in denial. Her form of explanation for her son's bizarre behavior was Asperger's. Was he ever actually diagnosed with that or was that just assumed?

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    She was in denial. Her form of explanation for her son's bizarre behavior was Asperger's. Was he ever actually diagnosed with that or was that just assumed?
    I'm not really sure if he was diagnosed or not. Like what has already been mentioned, he may have had Asberger's, but he had to have other issues along with it. He had to be a sociopath.

Here's something I found. No mention of Asperger's.

— A nurse said that she interviewed gunman Adam Lanza four times in 2006 and 2007 and that he had been diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder and was "emotionally paralyzed," changing his socks 20 times a day.
    — The advanced-practice nurse prescribed an antidepressant/anti-anxiety medication, but mother Nancy Lanza stopped giving it to him after he was unable to raise his arm, which she believed a side effect. The nurse said Adam's mother failed to schedule follow-up visits.
    — A former teacher said Adam Lanza's parents were not "up front" with teachers about his mental abilities. The teacher recalled Lanza responding to a creative writing assignment by "obsessing about battles, destruction and war." The teacher called the level of violence "disturbing."

Mammy Guest
    Thanks for that, Stewart. This is just my opinion since I'm too lazy to go looking for a link, but I got the impression that Adam's issues were a source of friction between his parents. I think his father would have been in favor of more aggressive treatment, medication, and other resources to help Adam, but Nancy was more of the mindset to just ignore his problems, live in denial, and hope the problems would magically go away. The boy spent his life in a dark basement playing violent video games, had little interaction with anyone, and was surrounded by an arsenal of weapons and ammunition. Maybe HIS eventual suicide was the expected outcome.

Here's something I found. No mention of Asperger's.

— A nurse said that she interviewed gunman Adam Lanza four times in 2006 and 2007 and that he had been diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder and was "emotionally paralyzed," changing his socks 20 times a day.
    — The advanced-practice nurse prescribed an antidepressant/anti-anxiety medication, but mother Nancy Lanza stopped giving it to him after he was unable to raise his arm, which she believed a side effect. The nurse said Adam's mother failed to schedule follow-up visits.
    — A former teacher said Adam Lanza's parents were not "up front" with teachers about his mental abilities. The teacher recalled Lanza responding to a creative writing assignment by "obsessing about battles, destruction and war." The teacher called the level of violence "disturbing."
    I spoke with a former school counselor of Adam's from elementary school. I can share this because confidentiality is broken after death. She said he was always extremely disturbed and very violent. He had almost no social skills and Nancy did try, but had her own "issues." This kid was doomed from the start.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    I spoke with a former school counselor of Adam's from elementary school. I can share this because confidentiality is broken after death. She said he was always extremely disturbed and very violent. He had almost no social skills and Nancy did try, but had her own "issues." This kid was doomed from the start.
    The only thing I can work up some compassion for as far as Nancy is concerned is that she was probably scared of his creepy ass and didn't know what to do with him. He gives me goosebumps just by looking at his pictures, so I can't imagine having him living under the same roof.

Name:	why-is-cat-scared-rain-thunder.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	232.8 KB 
ID:	51354

Yeah. Her denial and gun nuttiness cost her her life... which wouldn't be so bad. The horrible bit are all those innocent people, mostly babies, that died because of it too. Yeah he pulled the trigger but I think I blame him the least of all. He obviously didn't have full control of his senses. His mom failed him. His dad failed him. The system failed him.

There's a new report on Lanza and apparently I was pretty spot on in the above post. At least according to this report.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new...ies/ar-BBf46Or

Sorta sounds like there might have been something wrong with this guy.........

lol Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Here is a link to the report, which is over 100 pages long (don't have time to really look at it ATM):

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2014/im...report.pdf.pdf
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

http://news.yahoo.com/report-questio...055228689.html

"Is the community more reluctant to intervene and more likely to provide deference to the parental judgment and decision-making of white, affluent parents than those caregivers who are poor or minority?" the report asks.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/report-questio...055228689.html

"Is the community more reluctant to intervene and more likely to provide deference to the parental judgment and decision-making of white, affluent parents than those caregivers who are poor or minority?" the report asks.
    In too many cases of all kinds of criminality, yes, yes, yes, and more yes. If Adam had chosen NOT to end himself (or someone hadn't managed to end him, we'll never ever know for sure) I can just imagine the defense his father's high-powered attorneys and hand-picked "experts" would be cooking up now.

Authorities have a knack of overstepping their boundaries in some cases, and under-stepping them in others. It seems a matter of mostly dumb luck when an event is actually prevented.
    Last edited by Linnie; 11-22-2014 at 10:48 PM.

His mother proved to be a crutch and I still hold her responsible for this tragedy as well as Adam. They were clearly warned that he was a lost, angry, sick individual. Yet she chose to go with what HE wanted to do. Good job mom.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You're not supposed to buy guns for people with eyes that big.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You're not supposed to buy guns for people with eyes that big.
    You're working the counter at the local gun store. You have your head down reading the paper or some such.... you hear... "Excuse me sir. I'd like the most powerful gun you have in the store and every piece of ammunition you have for it". You look up and see this....

So I guess my question is... what law enforcement agency do you call first? lol

You crack me up.

You're working the counter at the local gun store. You have your head down reading the paper or some such.... you hear... "Excuse me sir. I'd like the most powerful gun you have in the store and every piece of ammunition you have for it". You look up and see this....

So I guess my question is... what law enforcement agency do you call first? lol
    The FBEYES.

hahaha!!! FBEYES!!! Perfect!!! rotfl!!

hahaha!!! FBEYES!!! Perfect!!! rotfl!!

Mammy Guest
    Both nuttier than squirrel shit and both murderers, secret love child?

Name:	Marshall_Applewhite.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	51902Click image for larger version. 

Name:	connecticut-school-shootingjpeg-0cfd5.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	296.9 KB 
ID:	51903

Both nuttier than squirrel shit and both murderers, secret love child?

Name:	Marshall_Applewhite.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	51902Click image for larger version. 

Name:	connecticut-school-shootingjpeg-0cfd5.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	296.9 KB 
ID:	51903
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Idk Mammy, Lanza looks crazier to me. His eyes are bigger. WTF is up with him in that pic. The more I look at it the more I am freaked out by it.

Do you know when that pic was taken? Is that a school ID pic or what?

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Idk Mammy, Lanza looks crazier to me. His eyes are bigger. WTF is up with him in that pic. The more I look at it the more I am freaked out by it.

Do you know when that pic was taken? Is that a school ID pic or what?
    Yes, it was his school ID photo. I know it sounds awful, but looking at that picture makes my skin crawl and gives me goosebumps. He is just scary looking even if I didn't already know what he did.

Yes, it was his school ID photo. I know it sounds awful, but looking at that picture makes my skin crawl and gives me goosebumps. He is just scary looking even if I didn't already know what he did.
    I wonder what the photographer was thinking. He looks nuts. I know I keep blaming mom but damn - did she stop and take a look at him. I mean LOOK AT HIM. Come on lady. Sheesh.

Doughbake1 Guest
    That dude looks like the kind of whacko you wouldn't trust with a banana, let alone a gun.

I know opposition to gun control is kind of a core libertarian issue for Americans which is not my argument to intrude on insofar as free men and women are concerned. But does it not make sense - as with driving - to only allow that liberty to people close to adulthood? Why not ban minors from having access to guns or being taught how to use them? No one has any qualms about limiting their ability to get behind a wheel. How about limiting their ability to get behind a trigger until they are old enough to handle it?

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Doughbake1 View Post
    That dude looks like the kind of whacko you wouldn't trust with a banana, let alone a gun.

I know opposition to gun control is kind of a core libertarian issue for Americans which is not my argument to intrude on insofar as free men and women are concerned. But does it not make sense - as with driving - to only allow that liberty to people close to adulthood? Why not ban minors from having access to guns or being taught how to use them? No one has any qualms about limiting their ability to get behind a wheel. How about limiting their ability to get behind a trigger until they are old enough to handle it?
    Yeah, I wouldn't want him near my bananas either. Lol

Apparently his mother obtained his guns for him as some sort of strange bonding between them. Honestly she sounds as crazy as he was. Her denial and placating him cost a lot of innocent people their lives and IMO she is as responsible for it as he is.

Yeah, I wouldn't want him near my bananas either. Lol

Apparently his mother obtained his guns for him as some sort of strange bonding between them. Honestly she sounds as crazy as he was. Her denial and placating him cost a lot of innocent people their lives and IMO she is as responsible for it as he is.
    I agree completely.

Lmao@ bananas.

I look at that pic and think, "I vant to drink your blood" in that dracula voice. He's Count Chocula.

I still don't understand the veil of secrecy over this whole incident.
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Disturbed in which way?

Thank you for your contributions to this thread.
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

I remember seeing this interview with Adam's former babysitter.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ex-babys...urn-your-back/

"He says he recalls Nancy Lanza cautioning him never to turn his back on Adam -- "to keep an eye on him at all times ... to never turn my back, or even to go to the bathroom or anything like that."

This was when Adam was 9 or 10.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    Disturbed in which way?

Thank you for your contributions to this thread.
    You are very welcome. He was always socially awkward and didn't make eye contact. He would get violent at the drop of a hat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Here is a link to the report, which is over 100 pages long (don't have time to really look at it ATM):

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2014/im...report.pdf.pdf
    It took me all damn day but I finally finished reading this.

Conclusion - his mother was just as fucked up as he was and she should not have been in charge of his care.

I'm still laughing about The FBEYES.

This one kills me. So easily avoided.

I'm still laughing about The FBEYES.

This one kills me. So easily avoided.