Thread: Petraeus resigns

Petraeus resigns

here is a interview of his mistress Paula Broadwell ( also his biographer ) She is attractive and younger. Her book was titled "All In". I guess the general was all in.

http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/12162

uncomfortable interview with john stewart. who knew generals had groupies ??
    Last edited by cash; 11-09-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Well....Patton was kind of a hottie....
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Rosebud666 Guest
    The conspiracy theories are already starting to fly that Petraeus had to fall on his sword as part of the "Libya cover-up".

Hey, if it's on Twitter it must be true, right?

Pat Bateman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    here is a interview of his mistress Paula Broadwell ( also his biographer ) She is attractive and younger. Her book was titled "All In". I guess the general was all in.

Attractive? Everything is relative, I guess.

Forever-27 Guest
    If you remember they canned mccrystal in 2010. He critized Joe Biteme.

Petreus knows what really went on in libya , and if he gets put on the stand he will tell all. Hes got pride like that. That the councilet begged obama for help and went ignored. Obama knows this and went to work digging up dirt on Petreus. I think the president made him an offer he couldnt refuse. The general would have thrown Obama under the bus on the stand if this thing ever gets that far. Obama didnt want that.

We will grag you threw the mill , fire you in the end and you wont get the pention or bennies. OR you can quit , keep the bennies and fade away. Just my own opinion.

He was in the same caliber as General Grant, General Eisenhouer ... this man could have run for and won the president spot someday. He was just that dammed good. Im sorry to see him gone.
    Last edited by Forever-27; 11-09-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Joee Guest
    A hell of a way to end a brilliant career.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
    Attractive? Everything is relative, I guess.
    i think she's attractive

Bidmor Guest
    Paula Broadwell, Petraeus' biographer and reported mistress, is under FBI investigation for improperly attempting access to Petraeus' email and possibly classified info, according to NBC. Perhaps she knows some inconvenient truths also?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...cials-say?lite

PurrPurr Guest
    Another classic case of someone who couldn't keep it in their pants. Don't guys know by now that gets them in trouble in more ways than one? :P

Timeo Vitae Guest

What a shame!

Bidmor Guest
    Call me cynical or conspiracy theorist, but this incident seems too pat. Of course the story could be true but in light of serious Libya questions and B.O. playing games with congressional document requests, this is beginning to smack of Nixonian CYA.

I never understood why having an affair is a reason for "the endo of a career" IMO the fact that he has a mistress has no effect on his ability to be a commander.

Guess the immunity for screwing around only goes for the commander in chief
    Last edited by jerryvr; 11-10-2012 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Typos
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

Rosebud666 Guest

She was granted nearly unlimited access to him while writing his biography. I guess the arrangement went both ways.

The Washington Post is reporting that she became the subject of an FBI investigation when another woman close to Gen. Petraeus (Mrs. Petraeus ?), who she perceived as a threat to the relationship, began receiving anonymous, threatening e-mails which were traced back to Broadwell.

The Comedy Central "News" Team nearly hit the trifecta on this one. She plugged her book on The Daily Show, looking very hot and yes a little starry eyed in a black, sleeveless number. The general was on the Colbert Report and presented Stephen with an award after he went to Iraq. I thought the Mrs. had also made an appearance because of her work on preventing soldiers and their families from being taken advantage of financially, but I can't find an interview. The more I think about it, I think she was only mentioned during Broadwell's interview (that must have been awkward ).

I want my biography to be written by Heidi Klum.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryvr View Post
    I never understood why having an affair is a reason for "the endo of a career" IMO the fact that he has a mistress has no effect on his ability to be a commander.

I was wondering the same thing. Why the affair he had to go. From what I read, it's all about black mail i.e. government secrets

15. 11-10-2012, 12:29 PM

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Why the affair he had to go. From what I read, it's all about black mail i.e. government secrets
    I'm not buying the conspiracy theory (what a surprise ).

Obviously he waited until after the election to announce his resignation because he didn't want to hurt his boss's chances. A corporate vice president probably also wouldn't step down the day before his company makes a major earnings announcement. I think that's the limit of any "conspiracy".

As far as I know, his resignation wouldn't shield him from being called to testify at a later point in time.

Maybe Petraeus just has higher standards than most of us. Plus you don't want your CIA director to be hiding a secret that could be used to blackmail him. This, in fact, was the thing that bothered me most about the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal.

i think she's attractive

I think she is smoking hot, not as much in that picture but in others I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    From what I read, it's all about black mail i.e. government secrets
    That's my understanding as well. Can't have the Director of the CIA subject to blackmail or in a compromised personal situation. Didn't a Secret Service agent get fired\resign recently for the same reason? As someone else said, immunity from that seems only to apply to the Commander In Chief.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Bidmor Guest
    Well we had a few Secret Service agents resign after the call girl(s) incident in Colombia earlier this year...like a few fall guys would put a stop to those kinds of perks.

From what I've read about Petraeus, though, I just can't fathom him being stupid enough to compromise his position (no pun intended) for some romps with a hot MILF. However sex is one device commonly used to help keep politicians and high government officials "cooperative".

Broadwell is no dummy either. According to this story, she was an Army Reservist specializing in counterintelligence and spent time at U.S. Special Operations Command and the FBI Counterterrorism Task Forces.

http://news.yahoo.com/paula-broadwel...194014494.html
    Last edited by Bidmor; 11-10-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Remember the Profumo Affair? JFK in bed (or was it "in pool") with a suspected East German spy (as we found out years later)? I'm sure there are plenty more that could be added to the list. Nobody is immune.

There's a reason why the "honeytrap" remains a time-tested tool in the arsenals of the world's spy agencies. (The East Germans had a whole section of mostly women and I think some male agents who were trained in these tactics.)

Men think with their dicks, and apparently some women do, too.

Joee Guest
    I've drank a lot uglier than her a lot prettier than her.

Mrs Petraeus

Pat Bateman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I think she is smoking hot, not as much in that picture but in others I saw.
    Um, maybe you guys need to get out a bit more.

Anyway, it appears that the 'other' other woman (the subject of the email harassment) was not a family member. That rules out the wife.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/11/us...fair.html?_r=0

Rosebud666 Guest
    Lenno, Stewart, Letterman & Co. must be making burnt offerings to the gods of comedy, because they are going to feast on this for weeks. The jokes practically write themselves.

"deep access"
    "fifteen years of military service under her belt"
    "FBI probe into inbox of Paula Broadwell . . ."
    "we did lots of interviews . . . it was a good distraction for him from the war"

Whether it's fair or not, they haven't lived this well since the days of Eliot Spitzer.

Hopefully Jimmy Fallon is their first sacrifice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    ...this is beginning to smack of Nixonian CYA.
    Nuclear winter couldn't hurt Obama.

Mrs Petraeus

God forgive me but.......LMAO.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    God forgive me but.......LMAO.
    She was a sweet young thing when they met though, an all-American girl, looked kind of like Lindsay Wagner.

Now, frankly, she reminds me more of the Church Lady or that nun in the first Blue Brothers movie. But I'm no prize either.

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but Paula Broadwell looks a tad masculine.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/11/new-details-in-petraeus-scandal-fbi-whistleblower-talked-first-to-house/

The republican majority leader, Eric Cantor, knew about the Petraeus investigation 2 weeks before the story came out... How is this an Obama conspiracy to keep Petraeus from testifying regarding Benghazi? Time to put the tin foil hats back in the closet.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxster View Post
    Nuclear winter couldn't hurt Obama.
    ***Snort*** High-five, Max.

Yep, unlike poor old Tricky Dick, the MSM is totally in the tank for B.O. but they're supposed to be.

Ya gotta hand it to the powers that be...this op moves attention away from Congressional inquiries about the Libya incident to a sex scandal supposedly cooked up so as to appear to be Obama CYA. That angle didn't occur to me until just now. If correct, very smooth.

This just in: A Canadian Free Press piece alleges "Cover-Up at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave." and references that last Friday, in addition to Petraeus' resignation over an affair, incoming Lockheed-Martin CEO Christopher Kubasik got the sack over an "improper relationship".

Hmmm. Doesn't Lockheed-Martin have connections with the military? Curiouser and curiouser.
    Oh, and Hillary has declined an invite to testify for the House inquiry on Benghazi ...she'll be in Asia too.
    http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/50976
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/09/christopher-kubasik-fired_n_2104109.html
    http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...use-commmittee
    Last edited by Bidmor; 11-11-2012 at 03:55 PM. Reason: this just in

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
    Um, maybe you guys need to get out a bit more.
    I'm older, maybe my eyes don't work as well as they used to, but she looks pretty good to me.
    In this picture she does have what I call that "lost soul" look in her eyes.
    Maybe she was just starting to comprehend what she had done?
    I can't say.
    Attachment 44235

They both have spouses and they both made bad decisions if their marriages and credibility mean anything to them.

Quote Originally Posted by KCBee View Post
    Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but Paula Broadwell looks a tad masculine.
    Thanks for that observation, I'm just not seeing it, though.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Last edited by cash; 11-11-2012 at 07:38 PM.

I hate to break it to folks but Gen. Petraeus is not exactly Brad Pitt. There are two marriages that have been betrayed and children most likely suffering for their parents' misbehavior. Whatever career Ms. Broadwell hoped to have is most likely gone.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sierrarose View Post
    I hate to break it to folks but Gen. Petraeus is not exactly Brad Pitt. There are two marriages that have been betrayed and children most likely suffering for their parents' misbehavior. Whatever career Ms. Broadwell hoped to have is most likely gone.
    I'd fall for him if I was a woman and he was my mentor - but that's just me.

36. 11-13-2012, 10:04 AM

cameralady Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryvr View Post

As people said, it was about the susceptibility for blackmail.

Also, if the affair started while he was still in the military, that's against military rules and Petraeus knows that.

People keep mentioning that Broadwell's credibility is now shot; and his isn't? That bugs me.

Didn't James Clapper suggest to Petraeus that he should step down? Someone wasn't willing to cover this up. If it were covered up and this came out anyway later, someone would still be claiming "conspiracy theories".

I think all the men and women involved
    are ugly.
    Way below my standards.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Now the top US general in Afghanistan (John Allen) is involved, as well as twin sisters from Tampa.

Twins, Basil! TWINS!

Jon Stewart says he is worst journalist in the world because he did not see the Broadwell thing coming.

Stephen Colbert sees a trend developing. He called Doris Kerns Goodwin a "Pullitzer-Prize-winning whore" and is certain that she has been banging Abraham Lincoln. But then he also admitted to having an improper relationship with his own biographer - Stephen Colbert.

Leno had predictable jokes about "the surge" and Broadwell being "embedded" with Petraeus's unit.

Bidmor Guest
    One consequence of this broadening (sorry) soap opera is that it's putting the House inquiries on the Benghazi consulate killings on the back burner of public attention and I think that's the general (sorry again) idea.

I'm so glad we don't have Fox News here in
    Canada because it's all about Pro. white bullshit.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    Hoax or not, that's pretty damn funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

It has been confirmed by the station..

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...s-viral-on-web

That has to be the awesomest way to get fired ever haha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Quote Originally Posted by sierrarose View Post
    A man doesn't have to be physically attractive to interest the opposite sex. Power is a STRONG aphrodisiac.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Now the FBI is investigating the FBI agent who is friends with the Tampa socialite. He may have engaged in improper conduct by emailing her topless photos of himself.

Some more late-night puns that you can work into your cocktail conversation:
    Call of Booty
    Band of Boners
    "pulling out of a foreign territory"
    daisy chain of command (that last one's mine )

Current Petraeus affair has nothing on nation’s first sex scandal...

http://news.yahoo.com/current-petrae...175016966.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    One consequence of this broadening (sorry) soap opera is that it's putting the House inquiries on the Benghazi consulate killings on the back burner of public attention and I think that's the general (sorry again) idea.
    Ya think? Lol. Benghazi who, where? Ugh. Man has affair. News at 11. Ugh.

Ya think? Lol. Benghazi who, where? Ugh. Man has affair. News at 11. Ugh.
    Totally agree. I love a good sex scandal but every time I turn on the TV it's "Genital Petraeus nailed this, Genital Allen showed his man boobs to that." It seems a little much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    Totally agree. I love a good sex scandal but every time I turn on the TV it's "Genital Petraeus nailed this, Genital Allen showed his man boobs to that." It seems a little much.
    We are easily entertained. Guilty as charged.
    All the same, I think it's an equal-opportunity distraction. If his latest speeches are any indication, Obama was planning on mobilizing voters directly to turn up the heat on Congress over the deficit in much the same way he did on health care. That's not going to work very well if the public is paying more attention to generals' zippers than it is to the fiscal cliff. That's another reason why I fail to see the conspiracy angle.