Thread: Bait Car

Nelliebean Guest

Bait Car

Yup, it's just that.

The cops park a car with keys in the ignition and leave a door open. There's cameras in the car along with microphones.

It's like flies to dog poop! Some of these guys are so stupid you'd swear they were acting.

The police who are following the car gradually shut it down and arrest the einsteins.

Anyone else catch this show?

Love this show. I love it when the thieves start to lie their way out and later realize they were taped.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

Entrapment?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Entrapment?
    No. Nobody is approaching them trying to coax them into doing something illegal.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

ryanolivia Guest
    My favorite one was these two young kids. The driver kept saying "Dude, I am so drunk." It was priceless.

MissouriMan Guest
    I still think I would rather get caught in that car than in that Chris Hansen chair.

Forever-27 Guest
    I watch it when I can. The did one epi in Oakland. I was like holy crap, I was just there on that very street yesterday. Along martin luther king jr blvd at 51st.

Apart from the entertainment value the show provides (and you know, sometimes ya just gotta laugh at these folks), I don't think the amount of money put into it's production is warranted.

I mean they've these cars wired so that they can be shut down by the cops' remote control (which is absolutely the funniest part... the penultimate WTF moment!) Then they've got the cops themselves, then the cost of hauling these guys to court, providing them attorneys and such, and I'm guessing not a one of them does any real time (but if they do, more money there).

I'm not saying we shouldn't arrest criminals because it's too expensive, not at all. But let's not create criminals at the taxpayer's expensive just to show their dumbassery to the world.

I've got a feeling that sooner or later they'll do something to get into jail without the help of a bait car... just a hunch!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

The expression on the face of every single person when they realize the car won't work anymore:

Name:  wtfdog.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  6.1 KB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

Mammy Guest
    I have SO missed your WTF dog!

Forever-27 Guest
    Taupin, the idea isnt to catch car theives so much as its designed to scare other theives into thinking twice about stealing a car. They tape these in LOTS of major US cities. Word travels fast. As soon as a few screw ups see that people are getting busted by fixed cars with the keys in them ( which actually belong to a police officer ) These car cleptos wont touch a car in that particular city because they know, after about a block or 2 the undercover cops MAY shut the car down , lock the doors and he gets hauled off to jail. Lots of these idiots have criminal records already and grand theift auto is either a mistemenor a felony at least here in California. Depending on the case. Its depending on the seriousness of the case OR if you have any prior arrests. Most of these morons have priors, so a Grand Theift Auto arrest will put them in prison for a long time. There was a epi maybe 2 where the car shut down and the doors locked, and the guy kicked out the glass at the drivers window and ran. Another showed him driving with the door open.

I did talk to an officer here one day, just as a conservation and asked if the show was legal or entrapment. Just as ich stated bless his heart, The person has a choice to make, even tho he/she sees keys in the cars ignition, they can decide for themselves to get in and take off or leave it alone.

Some of the things the theives say makes me laugh and wonder at times if this like Operation repo, is staged. They use endless excuses once the cops swarm in on them.

Somebody asked me to move it

I was just driving it to the police station

or the one I always laugh at

Its my friends car and he asked me to move it

The excuses never work. Not all car theives are guys either. I watched one epi where 3 different females were shown stealing a Cadillac Escalade and Chrysler 300M.

I did *LOL* at the guy who ate his lunch in the car and then just gathered his garbage and left.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Forever-27 Guest
    No I laughed at the one where the kid, took the keys and hung out at the store where the car was decoyed at waiting for the car owner. Then wanted to sell the keys back for 20 dollars to the undercover cop.

This programme was so funny, the look on the little thieves faces was hysterical. Talk about being caught with your hand in the cookie jar, busted!!