Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: West Memphis Murders

RoRo Guest
    I have always thought they were guilty...the docus seemed slanted to them being innocent in my opinion. As far as the death penalty....they get appeals, let that do what its suppoosed to......
    Damien obviously has alot of problems mentally....he seems very sadistic and mean.
    I think its a damn shame the celebs that are rallying for these kids, where were the rallies for the 3 little children????

So, anyone want to fill us in on the general consensus of the Larry King interview with Damien? Goddess?

I missed it!

GODDESS6 Guest
    http://wm3hoax.downonthefarm.org/boa...p?topic=1598.0
    here's a link to watch, i was at my son's christmas program, so i have yet to watch it~ from what i gather tho it is more lies & them changing their story once again~

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I think that asshole step-father of one of the murdered boys did it. I don't think those 3 guys sitting in prison had anything to do with it at all. If you watch BOTH of those Paradise Lost docs, you'll see what I mean.

I totally agree.....the step father goes on about the knife used (like the one he has) and he gives me the heebee-geebee's!!!

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pogobean View Post
    I totally agree.....the step father goes on about the knife used (like the one he has) and he gives me the heebee-geebee's!!!
    but he has pretty much been exonerated & is now a supporter ever since the supporters have tried to put the heat on the other step-father~ i am off to watch larry king now~

RigorMortis Guest
    The Larry King thing didn't offer much in my opinion. Just an opportunity to see a rather homely looking Echols and hear about his famous buddy Eddie Veder from Pearl Jam. He just talked about the new DNA and Miskelly's forced confession cuz he's MR.

Not anything salacious in my opinion. The think I didn't care for was at the end Larry asked him about his spiritual beliefs and if they were helping him get through. He basically skirted around a firm answer and the only thing Larry did to pin him down was say something to the effect of, "You are catholic aren't you?" To which Damien said, "Yes." but would not elaborate at all. The end.

GODDESS6 Guest
    k, i just watched it & what a crock of shit lies~ damien even contradicts what he wrote in his own book~
    & it pissed me off that damien acted as if jessie was just an aquaintence & not a friend & kept refereing to him as a borderline retarded guy~ they only attribute 1 test to jessie where he scored a 72, there were others where he scored higher & tho when you listen to him talk, he may be a little slower than most, he isn't retarded by any means~ & everyone seems to forget the guy confessed 3 different times, once on his way to prison, the cops taking him up, said he wouldn't shut up about it~
    in his book, he says he a buddhist now, but on larry king, he is all of a sudden catholic?~ it's the 3 faces of damien~ what a foolish evil man~

I'm sorry, but you guys just lost me! I don't think the 3 young guys did it! I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen..........bearing in mind that I live in Scotland and not the USA.....I've seen NO updates on the case, don't get Larry King programmes etc...

Have you heard, they found DNA from one of the other step dads on the three murdered boys? From what I read, they think two of the step-fathers were in it together. The creepy ass one from PL2 and I believe Stevie Branch's step father.

I was a fence sitter for a long time, now I firmly believe that the parents or step parents did it.[/quote]

interesting !!

sorry.............I'm a tad sloshed.......haven't fully learnt how to quote peeps yet!!

GODDESS6 Guest
    ^^^the hair was on a shoe string at the crime scene, but is considerd secondary evidence since all of the boys played at this guys house quite often~ the police have exonerated john mark byers (the 1st step-father)pretty much & now he is a supporter~ he is the bald guy on the larry king interview they talk to~ he used to be a member of the wm3hoax board i belong to, well he still is a member, he just stopped posting, since he has changed his mind, which we totally respect~
    but the thing is, his wife (jmb) posted a convo that he recorded of him talking w/ the other step-father trying to get him to say something incriminating, but it never came to fruition~ the guy just had a normal convo w/ him & when the crime was brought up, he talked about it the same as they have several times before~ they both searched the night of the crimes for the boys~terry hobbs was interviewed by police, the video is on youtube, he's just not guilty~
    jmb, i can totally try understand how he feels, but alot of speculation has been put on him, because of the fact that he has been the object of suspicion for the wm3 since the beginning & now that the heat is off, he is so quick to do to someone else, what has been done to him~
    i don't believe the new dna will go anywhere, it was a hair that could easily be explained away & it's in the new writ~ i think if this was to be taken seriously they would have made an arrest by now, but all they said so far is that even tho the supporters say the hair is proof of the 3's innocence, it isn't significant enough~ also the hair was similiar to a degree, but not a 100% perfect match~

WendyK Guest
    Is it just me But Damien seems to have some feminine manerisms about him??I watched Larry King last night as well, I have not followed the case as closley as some of you have but I did catch some contradictions in the interview.Also I wonder why his parents were not on the show.Pamela Hobbs head kept shaking back and forth wonder whats up with her??
    Last edited by WendyK; 12-20-2007 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    Is it just me But Damien seems to have some feminine manerisms about him??I watched Larry King last night as well, I have not followed the case as closley as some of you have but I did catch some contradictions in the interview.Also I wonder why his parents were not on the show.Terry Hobbs head kept shaking back and forth wonder whats up with her??
    Maybe Damien's folks have been getting a load of shit about the case and felt they needed to 'take a back seat'?

motherogod Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RigorMortis View Post
    Free the West Memphis 3

I've always believed they are innocent since I saw the first movie. The second movie convinced me that that mental fucking step-dad did it. He has stepped from the realm of just being eclectic and odd to fucking sick and demented in my mind.
    No kidding! I'll never forget his yanking out his dentures, complete with drool to show the people who were pushing for a re-trial. He gives backwoods people a bad name!

After watching larry king last night, it's interesting that the other stepdad and mom are still saying that the WM3 did it, no questions, no doubts. Is that the stepfather whose DNA was found?

I just remember watching part 2 on HBO when my son was about 2. I'd never had panic attacks but watching it with pics of their bite marks really shook me up and devirginized me panic-wise. Horrific.

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by motherogod View Post
    No kidding! I'll never forget his yanking out his dentures, complete with drool to show the people who were pushing for a re-trial. He gives backwoods people a bad name!

After watching larry king last night, it's interesting that the other stepdad and mom are still saying that the WM3 did it, no questions, no doubts. Is that the stepfather whose DNA was found?

I just remember watching part 2 on HBO when my son was about 2. I'd never had panic attacks but watching it with pics of their bite marks really shook me up and devirginized me panic-wise. Horrific.
    the so-called dna is supposed to be terry hobbs, pamela hobbs is his ex wife & mother of stevie branch~

motherogod Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenaHandbasket View Post
    If I may just jump back in here and correct something. I know I"m not the only Pagan here, but I can't let falsehoods about my faith lie. Wicca does not have a formal bible, Wiccans don't practice sacrifice of humans or animals either. That's the biggest thing that pissed me off about this case from the get go, all the bullshit about what Pagans and Wiccans do. It's too bad anyone with any real knowledge about either beliefs wasn't listened to when this shit went down.

Damien had a passing interest in Wicca. Most teenaged kids explore other religions, that's nothing new. Lots of them become interested in Wicca some stop being interested when they find out it's not like The Craft. His interest in Wicca had nothing to do with the murders if he committed them, which I believe he didn't. He wasn't a Satanist, Satanists don't practice sacrifice either. The whole Satanic panic thing was done to death in the 80's and early 90's. I wish it would stay dead.

Sorry to hop up on my little soapbox.

One more thing. The film makers actually set out to do a docu on supposed Satanic murders. They couldn't find any evidence of any actually occuring (because none ever did) so they did a docu on the WM3 instead. It wasn't their intent in the first film to make the 3 look innocent. I may be splitting hairs on that, but I felt it was necessary to throw it out there.

I don't know if Natalie only saw the docus or not. But, I do know that many of the other famous supporters have actually read the court documents and done research. Maybe Natalie didn't, I frankly don't know. I've heard that whole thing about them only seeing the films several times now and I know it's not true in many cases. I'm not taking a swipe at you, Goddess. Big Stevie fan here. I named my kid after one of her songs.

Damien's wife only ever asks for money, you're right about that one. God, she annoys me.
    ...Satanic Panic! Is there already a band by that name? If not, anyone want to start a band? I love it!

this case fascinates me........as a normal living soul on this god-forsaken planet.....explain to me how no-one has given the 3 condemmed guys a new trial or at least overturned the sentences given to them

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pogobean View Post
    this case fascinates me........as a normal living soul on this god-forsaken planet.....explain to me how no-one has given the 3 condemmed guys a new trial or at least overturned the sentences given to them
    all these documents, trial transcripts & medical records~

http://callahan.8k.com/

if anyone bases their thoughts on the docu's alone, they have to know they are wm3 & supporter slanted~ there is so much more to it~

joS3ph Guest
    I was a pilot en route to Memphis on that day and we were at an altitude where we could see all kind of action in the area of the Blue Beacon Truck Stop [now gone]. We couldn't really make out much though.

I think it is a miscarriage of justice to think anyone else had anything to do with it, other than the three serving time right now. A few strands of hair are meaningless. One of the boys even confessed, with details only known to the killers. 'Free the WM3" was started to create doubt, and boy have they. Unfortunately, not enough to get them a new trial, now or ever. My apologies to all of those that are so caught up in this and have come to believe it was not them.

"I plead guilty your honor..."

That should have been the final statement made by all defendants in this case.

joS3ph VF-84 Jolly Rogers NAS Oceana
    Last edited by joS3ph; 12-22-2007 at 10:17 AM.

Katie Guest
    I saw the Larry King show, and remembered this thread which I have never bothered to read. Now I am going through the notes some of you have left.

I don't have an opinion on who did it yet, because I have not heard the details. For someone who is new to this, which set of documents would you suggest reading first?

joS3ph Guest
    Katie:

I highly recommend the following URL:

Katie Guest
    Thanks, If you guys need me, you know where I am.

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joS3ph View Post
    Katie:

I highly recommend the following URL:

i keep posting this link too~ it took me awhile to go over & read everything~ damien's mental medical history is quite disturbing~

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by motherogod View Post
    ...Satanic Panic! Is there already a band by that name? If not, anyone want to start a band? I love it!
    Probably is, if not, there should be. There is a book by that name, though. Now, I need to learn to play some instrument and snag that band name before a fellow death hag beats me to it!

ApricotRoses Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    Who has seen the documentary Paradise Lost about the child murders in West Memphis Arkansas? Three teenagers (labled as "devil worshipers") were convicted for the 1993 murders of three eight year old boys. It is a disturbing case both because there were young children involved and because the documentary raises questions as to whether or not the right people are behind bars. Here is the Wiki link with the background on "The West Memphis 3" (slightly biased) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Memphis_3. Here is the Crime Library link http://www.crimelibrary.com/notoriou...s/index_1.html Paradise Lost was done by HBO. They also made a Part 2 which is also worth watching as a follow up.
    Larry King had Damian Echols on the other night, he was the one that dressed all in black..... they now have new DNA evidence that DOES NOT link any of the three convicted in the case. Guess who it does link to the murders?? One of the Stepfathers. Stay tuned, this case is going to get good.

RigorMortis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ApricotRoses View Post
    Larry King had Damian Echols on the other night, he was the one that dressed all in black..... they now have new DNA evidence that DOES NOT link any of the three convicted in the case. Guess who it does link to the murders?? One of the Stepfathers. Stay tuned, this case is going to get good.
    Does nobody read the threads before posting anymore?

RaRaRamona Guest
    Well, it was enlightening to see Damien as an adult. I didn't realize it's been 15 years! I can totally see why he has such a young girl following. He would've been right down my alley when I was a tween. All emo & pale & artsy. You know, half dead.

He did have some mannerisms that made me lose my train of thought & start wondering if he was lying. But then I realized he was talking & I knew he was; j/k I'm still undecided.

Larry King didn't seem to know what he was doing, but Damien is certainly a master of double talk.

I was SOSO creeped out by his wife! The fact that she saw the 1st docu and wanted to meet him: yuck. He was so creepy in that one. She kept flying out to Memphis from New York to see him. That's just weird. It's also weird to think about him having a son old enough to drive.

Anyway, back to the case: I would think that my son has a hair or two of mine on him at all times. I hardly think that's evidence of any harmful action. I don't remember what boy had the hair on his shoe, but it doesn't really matter. They'd all been playing together.

It was insulting that he kept referring to JM as "the borderline retarded boy." Like we don't all know his name. He's really learned the power of suggestion. Creep me out.

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Well, it was enlightening to see Damien as an adult. I didn't realize it's been 15 years! I can totally see why he has such a young girl following. He would've been right down my alley when I was a tween. All emo & pale & artsy. You know, half dead.

He did have some mannerisms that made me lose my train of thought & start wondering if he was lying. But then I realized he was talking & I knew he was; j/k I'm still undecided.

Larry King didn't seem to know what he was doing, but Damien is certainly a master of double talk.

I was SOSO creeped out by his wife! The fact that she saw the 1st docu and wanted to meet him: yuck. He was so creepy in that one. She kept flying out to Memphis from New York to see him. That's just weird. It's also weird to think about him having a son old enough to drive.

Anyway, back to the case: I would think that my son has a hair or two of mine on him at all times. I hardly think that's evidence of any harmful action. I don't remember what boy had the hair on his shoe, but it doesn't really matter. They'd all been playing together.

It was insulting that he kept referring to JM as "the borderline retarded boy." Like we don't all know his name. He's really learned the power of suggestion. Creep me out.
    i love your post~

Fishmonger Dave Guest

Exclamation Thought = not guilty / unfair trial

Great discussion.

When viewing Damien's psych history, it's important to keep in mind that this case was not presented to a jury as a "sicko teen thrill kill", it was sold as a (quote) satanic / occult ritual killing, with Damien leading a cult and Jason and Jessie as his followers. This was accepted by a community that was utterly horrified (and rightly so) at the murders, and worked into a culture where there are (literally) three churches on a single block in some areas. The State had an â??expert witnessâ?, a â??Dr.â? Dale Griffis who testified as to the â??occult natureâ? of the crimes. Dale got his â??degreeâ? from a mail-order diploma mill in California (since closed down by the state).

Damien's psychiatric history was known to the juvenile officers and, in combination with his eclectic dress style and heavy metal leanings, led to his being named a suspect. In fact, standing at the murder scene right after the boys' bodies were recovered, one of the juvenile officers said "it looks like Damien Echols finally killed someone." Mind you, this was moments after the bodies were found and said with no evidence. From there, the West Memphis Police set out to build a case around Damien instead of doing their jobs and seeing where the evidence took them. Damien was ill - he was on psychiatric disability from the SSA (another fact known to the WMPD), but he was never seriously violent toward anyone outside of a fight in school and a teenage threat toward his stepfather. Absolutely nothing that would show a propensity toward murdering three children.

The WMPD were on a mission to get as many damaging statements as they could about Damien. Note the date on them - he was arrested in June 1993 and the trial was in March 1994 - all the statements quoted were taken by a very aggressive WMPD trying to build a case. He denies (as do all who knew him well) the stories about the dog (etc). While many will provide copies of the "dog killing" story, the same people know about but aren't as quick to pass on the sworn statement that Damien levitated people.

Those who want to perpetuate these myths or, 14 years later, to change the theory of the crime from the absurd "cult killing" to a more palatable "thrill kill crazy teen" focus on Damien's psych history to the exclusion of all evidence and to the exclusion of any consideration of the other defendants.

The idea that Jason Baldwin, who was a high school student, loving big brother with no history of any psychiatric illness or violence, would suddenly kill three little kids ... stretches credibility to say the very least.

Jessie, similarly, had nothing in his past to indicate he would do anything other than interceding to help three little kids being attacked. Jessie was slow, and tended to play with younger kids. The "violence" in his history consisted of stabbing another boy with a pencil in second grade and throwing a rock at a girl. Obviously, nothing in the same ballpark as brutally murdering three little children.

As a few have already pointed out, and as even Goddess notes, Jessie's statements were worthless. They are online and should be listened to (and the accompanying commentary read) by anyone interested in this case: http://www.dpdlaw.com/jmstatements.htm In the weeks following the murders, the police had multiple "confessors" to the crime, but took the time to investigate and dismissed them -- until Jessie Misskelley (after about 4 hours of intense questioning) finally gave them what they wanted -- statements implicating Damien Echols.

Yes, Jessie made several statements. In spite of his trying and trying (and getting better in the later ones), he was never able to give one the aligned with the evidence (even as it was then known to exist) or that was consistent.

Finally, last but certainly not least, we can waste a lot of time arguing about whether Damien was crazy enough to do this. I for one have never seen a case where not just one person but THREE go from zero violence to murdering three children.

But the point is -- and "non supporters" (or "nons") hate this topic ... this is about evidence. This is about DNA, mtDNA, forensics, footprints, hand prints, hairs and alleles - not about who can tell a hoodoo voodoo scary story. It has now been shown that the "knife wounds" inflicted on the boys were in fact not "knife wounds" at all but were injuries caused by animals after the boys died (a fact the state's pathologist has never denied). And that evidence - over 80 items tests so far - proves that Damien, Jessie and Jason had nothing to do with this crime.

The families of the victims who have sat down and viewed the evidence have all (100% of them) agreed that the convictions are unjust. Some are calling for a new trial, others for outright release. Only those family members who have refused to meet with the defense still maintain that the WM3 are guilty.

There is, obviously, a lot more online. I urge everyone to investigate and read for themselves and to visit both supporter and "non" boards. Just keep in mind, you will see a lot of "hoodoo voodoo" "Damien was crraazzzyy" on the non boards, a lot of science and analysis on the supporter boards.

This is our country, our justice system. Damien should not be on death row, and none of the WM3 should have lost 14 years out of their lives. I urge everyone to get involved and take action (especially any Arkansans out there).

Good books on the topic are Devil's Knot by Mara Leveritt (on Amazon) and Blood of Innocents (less analysis, written from newspaper accounts at the time). Online, check out: http://www.wm3.org and http://p210.ezboard.com/fwestmemphisthreediscussionfrm1 for more.
    Last edited by Fishmonger Dave; 12-30-2007 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Typographical errors fixed

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    I won't copy and paste your entire post, but I agree with every single word you said, fishmonger. It's what I've been trying to say all along. Yes, Damien has a psych history. So do I, that doesn't mean I've killed anybody or that I'm capable. That's where this whole case started from, they thought Damien was capable and they zeroed in on him right from the get go. I think they discounted most other avenues of possibility and that was a mistake. We can all read Damien's psych profile and think he must be a serial killer or at least capable, but that's not always the case. Context is the key here and sadly, that is missing from almost every site that talks about the case. Comments taken out of context, comments twisted to fit context, comments from people who heard from somebody who knew somebody etc..... To me, the whole case is like some f'ed up version of the telephone game (Chinese whispers). Unfortunately, the lives of three men were on the line. And the murders of three little boys may never be solved.

31. 01-02-2008, 12:13 AM

ReluctantDeathHag Guest
    I think that asshole step-father of one of the murdered boys did it. I don't think those 3 guys sitting in prison had anything to do with it at all. If you watch BOTH of those Paradise Lost docs, you'll see what I mean.
    I absolutely knew nothing about these murders until I read about it here today. When I went to the internet to read more about the case my IMMEDIATE reaction was - THE STEPFATHER DID IT! How bizarre that I come back on here and read that I am not the only one! There just seemed to be TOO MUCH TIME that man cannot account for not to mention his behavior seemed very bizarre!! Does anyone know if the wife eventually felt that he was responsible or could have been responsible? By the way....someone mentioned crime scene photos....where are they at?

MorbidMolly Guest
    EXCELLANT THREAD.....so much info.....I can`t believe I haven`t read anything about this....I`ll be sorting through links for days....I have no opinion yet, until I read much ,much more......I try to keep my feet on the floor, not in my mouth....doesn`t always work, but I try.....

Quote Originally Posted by ReluctantDeathHag View Post
    I absolutely knew nothing about these murders until I read about it here today. When I went to the internet to read more about the case my IMMEDIATE reaction was - THE STEPFATHER DID IT! How bizarre that I come back on here and read that I am not the only one! There just seemed to be TOO MUCH TIME that man cannot account for not to mention his behavior seemed very bizarre!! Does anyone know if the wife eventually felt that he was responsible or could have been responsible? By the way....someone mentioned crime scene photos....where are they at?
    They also found the step dads dna at the crime scene. Its just another case of prejudice against someone different. Southern Justice rears it's ugly head again.

GODDESS6 Guest
    fishmonger dave are you trolling over here now?~

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenaHandbasket View Post
    I won't copy and paste your entire post, but I agree with every single word you said, fishmonger. It's what I've been trying to say all along. Yes, Damien has a psych history. So do I, that doesn't mean I've killed anybody or that I'm capable. That's where this whole case started from, they thought Damien was capable and they zeroed in on him right from the get go. I think they discounted most other avenues of possibility and that was a mistake. We can all read Damien's psych profile and think he must be a serial killer or at least capable, but that's not always the case. Context is the key here and sadly, that is missing from almost every site that talks about the case. Comments taken out of context, comments twisted to fit context, comments from people who heard from somebody who knew somebody etc..... To me, the whole case is like some f'ed up version of the telephone game (Chinese whispers). Unfortunately, the lives of three men were on the line. And the murders of three little boys may never be solved.
    I agree with you and Dave, not enough evidence to put anyone to death, and a whole lot of fanning the flames of ignorance.... susan

Jersey Girl Guest
    This has been a great thread... great discussion. Thank you everyone!
    I vaguely remembered hearing about this case back when it happened. But, that was it. I never read up on it or heard anything about it since. I learned so much from all of you... thanks to everyone for their input here. I sat here for a few hours last night, clicking on links, watching footage of Paradise Lost on youtube, etc.. I need (and will!) read and study up on it more. I don't know where I stand on this one. I'm on the fence, like some of you have said.
    I DO agree, though, that there is not enough evidence for that kid to be on death row.

Just in case anyone was interested...in the new issue of People Magazine this week (with Britney Spears on the cover), there is an article about the West Memphis Three and their case...

lisalouver Guest
    Great thread.

I volunteer for an innocence project and I believe that the three are innocent.

I also believe that the stepfather is guilty.

GODDESS6 Guest
    it always strikes me as funny~ you guys say you read up on this stuff, then make a statement like that~ the step=father has been exonerated people, by whereabouts, polygraph & dna~

magblax Guest
    Just in case anyone was interested...in the new issue of People Magazine this week (with Britney Spears on the cover), there is an article about the West Memphis Three and their case...
    Thanks Aries! I didn't know that article was in there...I need to go buy it today (if it's still on the stands). I will have to hide the cover at the register.

Katie Guest
    Mine just came in last night, but I have not had time to read it.

Mamma Guest
    Goddess ~ what is it that made/makes the step-father so ...so...I dunno, eccentric? I must admit that the video footage of him years ago, the guy just creeped me out. Although today, by all appearances, he seems to be more mild mannered.

Just asking, not playng judge and jury. I just can't figure out if the step father has an emotional disturbance, or was he hamming it up for the cameras in his own small-town, southern ways. I live in a small town, have always lived out in the country, so I see a LOT of people who try to act "bad ass" once the cameras start rolling, not realizing the impression they give people is so not a good one.

Thanks.

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    it always strikes me as funny~ you guys say you read up on this stuff, then make a statement like that~ the step=father has been exonerated people, by whereabouts, polygraph & dna~
    Polygraphs are notoriously unreliable. DNA, there was no DNA from any of the three people in jail either. And whereabouts could just as easily exonerate the three men in prison. They had people to vouch for their whereabouts too. The same reasons you site for implying we're uninformed are the same reasons he merits another look. Let's not forget his trouble with the law before and after the case. Now, he's a pretty big supporter of the WM3 himself. The guy just gets weirder and weirder. Not a reason to try and convict him without any evidence, but what's good on one side is good on the other.

I do wonder why the Justice Project never took on the case. I remember talking to one of the people involved with them a long time ago and they wanted to be involved. I don't know why they aren't. Or maybe they are, and the general public just doesn't know it yet.

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamma View Post
    Goddess ~ what is it that made/makes the step-father so ...so...I dunno, eccentric? I must admit that the video footage of him years ago, the guy just creeped me out. Although today, by all appearances, he seems to be more mild mannered.

Just asking, not playng judge and jury. I just can't figure out if the step father has an emotional disturbance, or was he hamming it up for the cameras in his own small-town, southern ways. I live in a small town, have always lived out in the country, so I see a LOT of people who try to act "bad ass" once the cameras start rolling, not realizing the impression they give people is so not a good one.

Thanks.
    The stepfather I think suffered or suffers from a brain tumor (thats why his head looks weird). Who knows how that effects his temperment and actions. He was said to have had an awful temper and sure likes to ham it up for the cameras. I would think that he is on ALOT of medication too.

lisalouver Guest
    Where has be been exonerated? His DNA was found on the children.

And yea, polygraphs are so reliable that they are not even admissible in a court of law.

I have testified in homicide cases and have extensive knowledge of evidence collection. The stepfather has a hand in it. JMHO, of course.

GODDESS6 Guest
    ^^^a hair, that closely matches, but not exactly matches terry hobbs, the stepfather of stevie branch~ the original stepfather john mark byers the one most everyone is talking about is the eccentric guy you see in the videos, took a polygraph on PL2 & passed, also his dna was not found at the scene~ his whereabouts are known also during when the boys went missing & were murdered~
    yes he seems a little odd, he is suffering from a brain tumor & was on many medications at the time & still is~ also he was medicated for post traumatic stress syndrome as was his now deceased wife, because of the loss of their son~
    the writ was given to the courts either the end of oct, beginning of november about this new hair~ i really don't think the court will do anything about it besides read it~ since the hair is secondary transfer & the 3 boys played at terry hobbs house often~ there were also what you could call secondary fibers from damien's house & jason baldwin's mothers robe found at the scene & or on the boys~ now yes that too is as i said secondary transfer, but these young boys had never met damien jason & jessie & were never at their respective homes~ so the fact that fibers related to the WM3 is more odd to me, than a hair from one of the boys stepfathers~

GODDESS6 Guest
    ^^^just a side thought to anyone i was bitchy too~ i want to apologize~ i have had a terrible side ache the past 2 days & haven't been able to get in to see anyone about it & i am/was thinking possible appendicitous(*sp)~ & this case i have spent years studying & is very close to my heart~
    it's not me to usually be bitchy as you can see in other posts that i have made~ so i wanted to say i am sorry~

lisalouver Guest
    ^^^just a side thought to anyone i was bitchy too~ i want to apologize~ i have had a terrible side ache the past 2 days & haven't been able to get in to see anyone about it & i am/was thinking possible appendicitous(*sp)~ & this case i have spent years studying & is very close to my heart~
    it's not me to usually be bitchy as you can see in other posts that i have made~ so i wanted to say i am sorry~
    Don't worry about it!

Sorry about the sideache, but yea get in and see someone!!!

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    Have that looked in to as soon as possible. That's nothing to play around with and it can make you very ill. I hope you feel better soon.

Mamma Guest
    Goddess ~ get better soon . I don't know much about the case, other than several posts on this thread, but you have brought tremendous and personal insight into this discussion. Take care of yourself, we need the many perspectives and theories being collected here!