Page 1 of 65 1231050 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 3249

Thread: West Memphis Murders

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,813

    West Memphis Murders

    Who has seen the documentary Paradise Lost about the child murders in West Memphis Arkansas? Three teenagers (labled as "devil worshipers") were convicted for the 1993 murders of three eight year old boys. It is a disturbing case both because there were young children involved and because the documentary raises questions as to whether or not the right people are behind bars. Here is the Wiki link with the background on "The West Memphis 3" (slightly biased) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Memphis_3. Here is the Crime Library link http://www.crimelibrary.com/notoriou...s/index_1.html Paradise Lost was done by HBO. They also made a Part 2 which is also worth watching as a follow up.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,232
    I have both movies. and I think those 3 punk ass bitches should fry for what they did to those poor children. and that's all i'm gonna say about that.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    377
    I don't have them, but I've seen them both several times. Have you read the books about the case?

    I've never felt that the boys were guilty. I really think they go railroaded. Funny you should bring this up, I just gave my kid a crash course on it because I put a Free the West Memphis 3 bumper sticker on the car.
    "Certian songs, they get scratched into our souls." Craig Finn

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,410
    I think that asshole step-father of one of the murdered boys did it. I don't think those 3 guys sitting in prison had anything to do with it at all. If you watch BOTH of those Paradise Lost docs, you'll see what I mean.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,813
    I don't own the movie but I've seen the first one several times and Pt.2 just a few months ago. It really plays out like a movie rather than a documentary with all of the twists and turns. I have gone back and forth as to whether or not the teens are guilty more so after seeing Pt. 2. Christopher Beyer's stepdad is one strange guy! I have not read the book...is it different than the TV version (more info?). I also saw that Damian Echols has written a book.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I think that asshole step-father of one of the murdered boys did it. I don't think those 3 guys sitting in prison had anything to do with it at all. If you watch BOTH of those Paradise Lost docs, you'll see what I mean.

    The part 2 is what really put the "?" in my mind!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    I don't own the movie but I've seen the first one several times and Pt.2 just a few months ago. It really plays out like a movie rather than a documentary with all of the twists and turns. I have gone back and forth as to whether or not the teens are guilty more so after seeing Pt. 2. Christopher Beyer's stepdad is one strange guy! I have not read the book...is it different than the TV version (more info?). I also saw that Damian Echols has written a book.
    There are two books, one is called "The Blood of Innocents" it reads like a cheap tabloid to me. The other, "The Devil's Knot" is much better done. They do provide more info, but Blood of Innocents tends to rely on gossip and innuendo where Devil's Knot doesn't.

    Have you heard, they found DNA from one of the other step dads on the three murdered boys? From what I read, they think two of the step-fathers were in it together. The creepy ass one from PL2 and I believe Stevie Branch's step father.

    I was a fence sitter for a long time, now I firmly believe that the parents or step parents did it.
    "Certian songs, they get scratched into our souls." Craig Finn

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,508
    I recall hearing this on national news when it first happened....always wondered what the outcome was


    What fresh hell is this ? ~ Dorothy Parker

    ]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,941
    I saw both movies and think they may be innocent as well..Im not sure .But I must say I went into the films thinking they were 100% guilty and when I finished watching both I really believe they could be innocent. Those to step dads acted very guilty to me and fucking crazy as well...like they need to be locked up crazy. I havent read the book by Damien has anyone here ?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,941
    Those were some horrible crime scene photos.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenaHandbasket View Post
    There are two books, one is called "The Blood of Innocents" it reads like a cheap tabloid to me. The other, "The Devil's Knot" is much better done. They do provide more info, but Blood of Innocents tends to rely on gossip and innuendo where Devil's Knot doesn't.

    Have you heard, they found DNA from one of the other step dads on the three murdered boys? From what I read, they think two of the step-fathers were in it together. The creepy ass one from PL2 and I believe Stevie Branch's step father.

    I was a fence sitter for a long time, now I firmly believe that the parents or step parents did it.

    I keep up with this story as well. I first saw this in 1996 and it rattled me in such a way I cannot explain.
    I never felt that these kids did it, the crime was too perfect that these kids in my opinion could not pull it off. There was no DNA evidence, hair or fiber, all just speculation and circumstantial evidence.(DNA testing concluded in July and found that the DNA and fibers that were found are not matched to the victims or the accused)

    Steven Branch's mother is now saying that she feels anger to wards Terry Hobbs, and that his behavior the night Steven went missing was odd- he did not tell her he was missing until he went to pick her up from work at PM.

    You all remember Mr Byers? Well, he has changed his tune as well- the man that was so forcefully in stating that these three were guilty is now saying they are innocent and he holds key information to prove it.

    This article came out November 27
    http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...ing-his-image/

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    east coast Australia
    Posts
    345
    dna evidence found either at the scene or on clothing was found to belong to a hispanic male.Kinda rules those three out completely,wouldn't you say!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by donetodeath View Post
    dna evidence found either at the scene or on clothing was found to belong to a Hispanic male.Kinda rules those three out completely,wouldn't you say!

    Can you send me the link of where you found this information please? I have not read anywhere, where they have linked DNA to a Hispanic male. Hair fibers were found to belong to Steven Branch's step father Terry Hobbs, and possibly a friend of Hobb's that was with him that night. Is the friend Hispanic?

    Any info would be appreciated!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Putnam CT USA
    Posts
    680
    I saw Paradise Lost, and those 3 are absolutely innocent.
    Take care,
    Harry

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    I have both movies. and I think those 3 punk ass bitches should fry for what they did to those poor children. and that's all i'm gonna say about that.

    Are you being serious?

  16. #16
    RigorMortis Guest
    Free the West Memphis 3

    I've always believed they are innocent since I saw the first movie. The second movie convinced me that that mental fucking step-dad did it. He has stepped from the realm of just being eclectic and odd to fucking sick and demented in my mind.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by RigorMortis View Post
    Free the West Memphis 3

    I've always believed they are innocent since I saw the first movie. The second movie convinced me that that mental fucking step-dad did it. He has stepped from the realm of just being eclectic and odd to fucking sick and demented in my mind.

    I agree with you that he is definitely loopy- but he is not the step dad that did it. Officials are looking at Steven Branch's step father. John Douglas (famous FBI profiler) is convinced that he did it, and is shocked that they did not look at him t the beginning.

  18. #18
    RigorMortis Guest
    No shit? I need to read up. It's been awhile since I've seen or read anything about this and new stuff must have come out.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by RigorMortis View Post
    No shit? I need to read up. It's been awhile since I've seen or read anything about this and new stuff must have come out.

    Yea, its crazy-
    If you go to the link I posted up a ways, there is an article with Mark Byer's- and he nows wears "free the west Memphis three" shirts and is really pro-active in trying to get them released. This, the same man that was raising hell in both documentaries!

    http://www.wm3.org/live/thewm3/index.php
    Here is the link the their site- it has all the news and updates

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    West Tennessee
    Posts
    232
    Since this all happened in West TN where I live (well, West Memphis may as well be West TN, just across the bridge) I try to stay up on the case. The latest on the stepdad is NOT what I expected...I expected the other stepdad to be the killer, the one on the documentaries with the serrated blade hunting knife....
    If you want to stay up on the latest the WM3 website is the best, along with the Commercial Appeal.
    I always felt Damien Echols was pretty much just a goth kid that got pinpointed, this whole area is full of people that will burn you at the stake if you even smell different than anyone else. Hell, back in the 1980's I was in the handbasket going straight to hell because I lived with somebody without being married to them. I would meet family members on the street and they would look the other way and walk past me for it.
    The bad thing is, attitudes and acceptance levels here have not progressed an inch in 25 years that I have seen. I can truly see how someone innocent could take the blame just so a community could have a scapegoat and someone to stone. It is such a sad, sad case and I really hope the truth finally comes out.

  21. #21
    RigorMortis Guest

    Unhappy

    [SIZE=6]What is in the dark WILL come to light[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I just hope these kids don't lose yet more of their lives behind bars while it's happening. My fear for them is that they will not fair well back in society because of some mental health issues I believe are going untreated and the one boy who is mildly retarded. One wonders if they will find the support outside that they have while they are on the inside. [/SIZE]

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Are you being serious?
    DEAD serious.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Otherside of the Mirror~
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    I have both movies. and I think those 3 punk ass bitches should fry for what they did to those poor children. and that's all i'm gonna say about that.
    i agree w/ you 100%, i am a non as they like to call us~ i do not support these guys 1 bit!!!~ i have the docu's & belong to the biggest non board out there, their other members include 2 fathers of the victim's, 2 mothers' & stevie branch's sister amanda, who also believes the right 3 are in prison~ they are guilty as hell & no it wasn't either of the stepfathers~ their new evidence is a miniscule hair, from 1 of the other step-fathers, which is easily explained because the boys were always at his house~ the stepfather in the docu's is who the supporters have gone after for 14 yrs as the alleged perp~ he has been exonerated thru polygraph & investigation~ he is one of the main people who is now pointing the finger at the other stepfather, because after 14 years, it finally takes the heat off of him, he even taped phone calls that were leaked to these websites trying to trap this guy~ he is also pissed because some of the other parents have been paid up to 100,000 for the rights to their story & he hasn't gotten much~ fact is yeah they have "new" evidence, but it doesn't amount to shit~



    here are actual court documents along w/ damien's mental medical records~
    http://callahan.8k.com/

    http://wm3hoax.downonthefarm.org/board/index.php

    give these a read sometime~ wm3.org is run by kathy bakken, she was in the docu's a a supporter~ it is a 1 sided board that refuses to print anything fact~

  24. #24
    RigorMortis Guest
    I will read. I'm all for knowing both sides of an issue.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Otherside of the Mirror~
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by RigorMortis View Post
    I will read. I'm all for knowing both sides of an issue.
    i just want to say thank you, this is a case that is close to my heart & i usually don't get in debates or anything about it, because it disturbs me so & the supporters do not give both sidesa chance, they just bash us~

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    i agree w/ you 100%, i am a non as they like to call us~ i do not support these guys 1 bit!!!~ i have the docu's & belong to the biggest non board out there, their other members include 2 fathers of the victim's, 2 mothers' & stevie branch's sister amanda, who also believes the right 3 are in prison~ they are guilty as hell & no it wasn't either of the stepfathers~ their new evidence is a miniscule hair, from 1 of the other step-fathers, which is easily explained because the boys were always at his house~ the stepfather in the docu's is who the supporters have gone after for 14 yrs as the alleged perp~ he has been exonerated thru polygraph & investigation~ he is one of the main people who is now pointing the finger at the other stepfather, because after 14 years, it finally takes the heat off of him, he even taped phone calls that were leaked to these websites trying to trap this guy~ he is also pissed because some of the other parents have been paid up to 100,000 for the rights to their story & he hasn't gotten much~ fact is yeah they have "new" evidence, but it doesn't amount to shit~



    here are actual court documents along w/ damien's mental medical records~
    http://callahan.8k.com/

    http://wm3hoax.downonthefarm.org/board/index.php

    give these a read sometime~ wm3.org is run by kathy bakken, she was in the docu's a a supporter~ it is a 1 sided board that refuses to print anything fact~
    THANK YOU for the links!! Very interesting. I was on the fence with this. It seems the documentaries (especially the 2nd one) really slanted toward the 3's innocence and put a big "?" in my mind as the the competence of the investigators and police. Sort of like a small town vs. a bunch of "devil worshipers" cliche. Now it seems that all of the facts might not have been given and that Paradise Lost 2 was a "Free the West Memphis 3" soapbox. I need to look more colsely into your links and watch again. These were horrible crimes and it is hard to believe that three teens would be capable of this type of torture .... Especially when Chris Byer's stepdad appears to be capable because he is such a whack-job.
    I also thought it was interesting (in pt.2) that they revealed how disturbed Chris was and that he was supposed to be medicated and tended to get in trouble, but wasn't being given his medication. Given the stepdad's bad temper (which was alledged in Pt.2) and the mothers death all signs pointed to the stepdad.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,768
    I think John Mark Byers the step father did it JMO.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,768
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1J4xk4dFbv0&rel=1"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/1J4xk4dFbv0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1J4xk4dFbv0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

    You can watch part 1 and 2 on you tube.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,813
    I thought John Mark Byers was the obvious suspect too! Then I wonder how the film has been edited and what information they are not telling. Sort of like how reality shows edit and cut things to slant the storyline in the direction they want it to go. I haven't finished reading all the info in the links godess provided (which are awesome!). It is a scary thought that there is the possibility 3 young men's lives have been ruined due to a witch hunt...however, if they did commit crimes like this they deserve to fry. Any degree of a "?" (John Byers) means they should have a retrial and really look at all the evidence before sentencing anyone to death. The question is why haven't they. It seems like there has to be more to all this.
    P.S. Love the links Wendy!

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    9,497
    I have only seen pt 2 but I dont think that the investigation was carried out correctly. I think they are innocent though.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,768
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    I thought John Mark Byers was the obvious suspect too! Then I wonder how the film has been edited and what information they are not telling. Sort of like how reality shows edit and cut things to slant the storyline in the direction they want it to go. I haven't finished reading all the info in the links godess provided (which are awesome!). It is a scary thought that there is the possibility 3 young men's lives have been ruined due to a witch hunt...however, if they did commit crimes like this they deserve to fry. Any degree of a "?" (John Byers) means they should have a retrial and really look at all the evidence before sentencing anyone to death. The question is why haven't they. It seems like there has to be more to all this.
    P.S. Love the links Wendy!
    It's just his words and actions that make me feel he may of been involved, bubt you are right I would like to see uncut footage of the documentaries.I watched Paradise 1 and 2 on youtube one day at work made the day go by much faster Oh and you are welcome Magblax!

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    DEAD serious.

    Why the angry frown face?
    I'm just really surprised that you would actually have that opinion. Have you looked at the same case I have? You are entitled to your opinion, but I have to say that the evidence is pretty clear, and the investigation was a jumbled witch hunt mess from the beginning- but I guess you could also say that Lee Harvey Oswald also shot Kennedy...

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    492
    here is another site with a lot of good reading-check it out

    http://www.midsouthjustice.com/Home.htm

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    here is another site with a lot of good reading-check it out

    http://www.midsouthjustice.com/Home.htm
    Seems like a lot of thatstuff on that website keeps pointing at Byers as being the suspect.

    Anyone else but me thinks he is?

    I'm sort of getting mixed messages on this thread as to who thinks who did it. Sound off!

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Seems like a lot of thatstuff on that website keeps pointing at Byers as being the suspect.

    Anyone else but me thinks he is?

    I'm sort of getting mixed messages on this thread as to who thinks who did it. Sound off!

    I think so too Aries. After watching the Paradise Lost documentaries. It seems totally obvious! But if that's the case then why hasn't there been another trial?

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Seems like a lot of thatstuff on that website keeps pointing at Byers as being the suspect.

    Anyone else but me thinks he is?

    I'm sort of getting mixed messages on this thread as to who thinks who did it. Sound off!

    Im just posting info-
    I think Byer's was involved- and I also think Hobb's was somehow involved-
    I do NOT believe the teens did it- not at all.

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    east coast Australia
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Can you send me the link of where you found this information please? I have not read anywhere, where they have linked DNA to a Hispanic male. Hair fibers were found to belong to Steven Branch's step father Terry Hobbs, and possibly a friend of Hobb's that was with him that night. Is the friend Hispanic?

    Any info would be appreciated!
    don't know how to do link's.
    google damien echols,or go to crime library,it's there just do alot of reading like i did!

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    I'm a little torn - I used to be a die hard "Free the WM3" hag but the more I learned, the more doubt I had.

    I do think Byers is a flippin fruitcake & I strongly suspect he killed his wife, but obviously no one really cares about that, so back to the boys; I think there may have been more evidence left at the scene but it wasn't collected or was collected improperly.

    The three seemed to like being the outcasts, to some extent. Maybe they just went too far.

    I think the most damning thing in the whole case was when Byers pulled out all of teeth.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    east coast Australia
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Why the angry frown face?
    I'm just really surprised that you would actually have that opinion. Have you looked at the same case I have? You are entitled to your opinion, but I have to say that the evidence is pretty clear, and the investigation was a jumbled witch hunt mess from the beginning- but I guess you could also say that Lee Harvey Oswald also shot Kennedy...
    Well said!I don't think Mark byer's or the hobbs guy had anything to do with it.
    They hispanic male seen at bo-jangles was totally stuffed up and not investigated properly,neither was anything else.I personally believe the case should have been moved to a different jurisdiction and not tried in west memphis.anyone can go to their official web-site and see the latest on the case.Poor old Mark byer's is guilty of nothing more than being stupid!

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by donetodeath View Post
    Well said!I don't think Mark byer's or the hobbs guy had anything to do with it.
    They hispanic male seen at bo-jangles was totally stuffed up and not investigated properly,neither was anything else.I personally believe the case should have been moved to a different jurisdiction and not tried in west memphis.anyone can go to their official web-site and see the latest on the case.Poor old Mark byer's is guilty of nothing more than being stupid!
    I agree that Mark Byers didn't have anything to do with the murders of the three boys. And until proof is shown that Terry Hobbs is connected to the murders, he is innocent also. IMO

    The "Bojangles" man was African American. Not Hispanic. I don't believe that he had anything to do with the murders either. IMO

  41. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    east coast Australia
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne30 View Post
    I agree that Mark Byers didn't have anything to do with the murders of the three boys. And until proof is shown that Terry Hobbs is connected to the murders, he is innocent also. IMO

    The "Bojangles" man was African American. Not Hispanic. I don't believe that he had anything to do with the murders either. IMO
    African American-hispanic(been a while since i read up on this case)either way not white!
    The prob is they didn't take a sample of the blood left behind by this man until the next day.And then the sample was mysteriously lost(uhhuh).And the fact that dna taken from the scene is that of a African american.Who ever this person is i don't believe can be completely ruled out as a suspect.Unfortunately we will now probably never know!

  42. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Otherside of the Mirror~
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by donetodeath View Post
    African American-hispanic(been a while since i read up on this case)either way not white!
    The prob is they didn't take a sample of the blood left behind by this man until the next day.And then the sample was mysteriously lost(uhhuh).And the fact that dna taken from the scene is that of a African american.Who ever this person is i don't believe can be completely ruled out as a suspect.Unfortunately we will now probably never know!
    they did take a sample, but "lost" it~ if you go to the sites i posted earlier in this thread, especially the callahan site (it took me weeks to read it all)there is a ton of info out there, that makes me feel more & more that the right 3 are in jail~ i mean even if you throw out jessie miskelley's so-called coerced confession, he still spoke about it constantly & admitted to it in detail after he was convicted & sentenced on his 3 hour drive to prison~ i think the crime scene was somewhat compromised sure, but it took place around water & the poor boys were put in water, that is why i think alot of the evidence was washed away~
    i have talked to john mark byers & tho he is a character who hasn't always taken the high road & quite eccentric, i do in no way believe he had anything to do w/ it & now after 14 yrs the police don't either & the supporters are the 1's pointing fingers at terry hobbs, another step-father over a hair~ if they had so much more on this guy, he would be arrested by now~ none of the things that the suppporters have come up w/ have really come to fruition~ the only time damien's so-called wife has anything to say is when she sends out letters asking for money~ also at one time wanting supporters & the author of the devil's knot mara levitt to by damien's mom a car~
    you are all right no matter what side of the fence you are on regarding this & even tho i am so sure of how i feel in this case, we will truly never ever know what really happened & i don't bash supporters for their feelings as much as they have us non's~ it is just something i have been following for 14 years, reading & watching everything i can on the case, even the supporter views~ i feel deep in my heart the right 3 are in prison & should stay there~

  43. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Why the angry frown face?
    I'm just really surprised that you would actually have that opinion. Have you looked at the same case I have? You are entitled to your opinion, but I have to say that the evidence is pretty clear, and the investigation was a jumbled witch hunt mess from the beginning- but I guess you could also say that Lee Harvey Oswald also shot Kennedy...
    hey, you believe what you want. i'm not here to change your mind. so, please, don't insult me for not agreeing with you.

  44. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    they did take a sample, but "lost" it~ if you go to the sites i posted earlier in this thread, especially the callahan site (it took me weeks to read it all)there is a ton of info out there, that makes me feel more & more that the right 3 are in jail~ i mean even if you throw out jessie miskelley's so-called coerced confession, he still spoke about it constantly & admitted to it in detail after he was convicted & sentenced on his 3 hour drive to prison~ i think the crime scene was somewhat compromised sure, but it took place around water & the poor boys were put in water, that is why i think alot of the evidence was washed away~
    i have talked to john mark byers & tho he is a character who hasn't always taken the high road & quite eccentric, i do in no way believe he had anything to do w/ it & now after 14 yrs the police don't either & the supporters are the 1's pointing fingers at terry hobbs, another step-father over a hair~ if they had so much more on this guy, he would be arrested by now~ none of the things that the suppporters have come up w/ have really come to fruition~ the only time damien's so-called wife has anything to say is when she sends out letters asking for money~ also at one time wanting supporters & the author of the devil's knot mara levitt to by damien's mom a car~
    you are all right no matter what side of the fence you are on regarding this & even tho i am so sure of how i feel in this case, we will truly never ever know what really happened & i don't bash supporters for their feelings as much as they have us non's~ it is just something i have been following for 14 years, reading & watching everything i can on the case, even the supporter views~ i feel deep in my heart the right 3 are in prison & should stay there~
    Interesting...I'm curious as to what makes you think the 3 are the right ones? They seem to have so much support from everywhere saying they are innocent.

    Maybe those Paradise Lost docs I watched didn't tell the complete story? It just made them seem as if they were innocent and looked like Byers was the one who did it.

  45. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    hey, you believe what you want. I'm not here to change your mind. so, please, don't insult me for not agreeing with you.

    I'm not insulting you, nothing I said was a personal attack on you, just perspective. No harm, no foul- I agree to disagree.
    I apologize if I came off in an insulting manner, I did not mean for it to be a personal attack on you- please accept my apologizes Chris.
    Last edited by Keyser Soze; 12-03-2007 at 06:45 AM.

  46. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    they did take a sample, but "lost" it~ if you go to the sites i posted earlier in this thread, especially the callahan site (it took me weeks to read it all)there is a ton of info out there, that makes me feel more & more that the right 3 are in jail~ i mean even if you throw out jessie miskelley's so-called coerced confession, he still spoke about it constantly & admitted to it in detail after he was convicted & sentenced on his 3 hour drive to prison~ i think the crime scene was somewhat compromised sure, but it took place around water & the poor boys were put in water, that is why i think alot of the evidence was washed away~
    i have talked to john mark byers & tho he is a character who hasn't always taken the high road & quite eccentric, i do in no way believe he had anything to do w/ it & now after 14 yrs the police don't either & the supporters are the 1's pointing fingers at terry hobbs, another step-father over a hair~ if they had so much more on this guy, he would be arrested by now~ none of the things that the suppporters have come up w/ have really come to fruition~ the only time damien's so-called wife has anything to say is when she sends out letters asking for money~ also at one time wanting supporters & the author of the devil's knot mara levitt to by damien's mom a car~
    you are all right no matter what side of the fence you are on regarding this & even tho i am so sure of how i feel in this case, we will truly never ever know what really happened & i don't bash supporters for their feelings as much as they have us non's~ it is just something i have been following for 14 years, reading & watching everything i can on the case, even the supporter views~ i feel deep in my heart the right 3 are in prison & should stay there~

    I have to say, that I appreciate your calm and collective manner in this subject. Its hard to not get heated and passionate about something like the murder of three children. I am with you, either side of the fence, we just want the truth, and for it to be solid without a doubt proof.

  47. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Seems like a lot of thatstuff on that website keeps pointing at Byers as being the suspect.

    Anyone else but me thinks he is?

    I'm sort of getting mixed messages on this thread as to who thinks who did it. Sound off!
    Honestly, I'm not certain. Byers makes for a great suspect, there are some things with him that make me think he was guilty. Then again, I don't really know because I don't want to rush ot judgment. He was pretty much untouchable in West Memphis at the time though. Then, his wife dies and he has more trouble with the law, it does make you wonder.

    But then I have to think, am I doing what the people who put Damien, Jessie and Jason in jail in the first place were doing? Just pointing fingers becuase I don't believe those three are guilty? Either way, I think the guy is batshit crazy.
    "Certian songs, they get scratched into our souls." Craig Finn

  48. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenaHandbasket View Post
    Honestly, I'm not certain. Byers makes for a great suspect, there are some things with him that make me think he was guilty. Then again, I don't really know because I don't want to rush ot judgment. He was pretty much untouchable in West Memphis at the time though. Then, his wife dies and he has more trouble with the law, it does make you wonder.

    But then I have to think, am I doing what the people who put Damien, Jessie and Jason in jail in the first place were doing? Just pointing fingers becuase I don't believe those three are guilty? Either way, I think the guy is batshit crazy.

    If you want one theory on Byer's
    go to this site~ makes it seem pretty clear that he wanted the kid gone (but that is this web sites theory, who really knows but the killer, the kids and God)
    http://www.midsouthjustice.com/Home.htm

  49. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Otherside of the Mirror~
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Interesting...I'm curious as to what makes you think the 3 are the right ones? They seem to have so much support from everywhere saying they are innocent.

    Maybe those Paradise Lost docs I watched didn't tell the complete story? It just made them seem as if they were innocent and looked like Byers was the one who did it.
    the 500 documents on damien, jason & jessie at the callahan site, amongst talking to some of the parents, lots of police documents & the trial transcripts tapped phone conversations~ they only show part of the trial in the docu's~ there was so much more~ like i said it took weeks to pour over all of this, the trial, the polygraph's, the alibi's~ damien's mental health records & things that were proven that he said~ it is mind-numbing~
    http://callahan.8k.com/
    Last edited by GODDESS6; 12-03-2007 at 07:14 AM.

  50. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I'm not insulting you, nothing I said was a personal attack on you, just perspective. No harm, no foul- I agree to disagree.
    I apologize if I came off in an insulting manner, I did not mean for it to be a personal attack on you- please accept my apologizes Chris.
    i'm sorry for taking what you said to heart. I just found it insulting after you made the JFK comment. no harm. thanks for understanding.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •