Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 345671454 ... LastLast

Thread: West Memphis Murders

onekindsistah Guest
    I'm not trying to be mean, just from what I've seen/heard it doesn't sound like these boys were guilty by any means... that's all... I'll look into it more. I've felt very strongly about this case for years that's all. I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway, that is/was not my intention. It's nothing personal.

Adiposeur Guest
    goddess, thank you for all of the links and info.

I am from the area (TN actually) and naturally, this case dominated the local news at the time.

Thank you for remembering the victims. That was really nice of you. While this case is intriguing for death hags, we have to remember the ultimate price was paid by three little boys. And for what? Nothing. This was a senseless and violent tragedy. I've wept for those boys and they are not forgotten. It really resonates with me since I too have a son now. I hope they are at peace and I hope that this awful tragedy is finally put to rest soon. It galls me to no end to know that it's not over. I get sick to my stomach just watching the wm3. I'd like for them to really throw away the key and banish them from ever getting media coverage again. In my dreams I know....this case just really stuck a chord with me.

onekindsistah Guest
    I'm reading the website you posted now Goddess. I haven't forgotten the three young boys. I just want to know for sure that they have the right people and I don't feel that they do. That's all.

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Adiposeur View Post
    goddess, thank you for all of the links and info.

I am from the area (TN actually) and naturally, this case dominated the local news at the time.

Thank you for remembering the victims. That was really nice of you. While this case is intriguing for death hags, we have to remember the ultimate price was paid by three little boys. And for what? Nothing. This was a senseless and violent tragedy. I've wept for those boys and they are not forgotten. It really resonates with me since I too have a son now. I hope they are at peace and I hope that this awful tragedy is finally put to rest soon. It galls me to no end to know that it's not over. I get sick to my stomach just watching the wm3. I'd like for them to really throw away the key and banish them from ever getting media coverage again. In my dreams I know....this case just really stuck a chord with me.
    amen & i feel ya, when you talk about having a child now~ i have a son who just turned 9, the year he was 8 was an incredible one~ i can't imagine losing him at any age let alone sucha tender one~

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onekindsistah View Post
    I'm not trying to be mean, just from what I've seen/heard it doesn't sound like these boys were guilty by any means... that's all... I'll look into it more. I've felt very strongly about this case for years that's all. I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway, that is/was not my intention. It's nothing personal.

I hope you do look into it more. I was a WM3 supporter for many years but I finally realized the truth. They are the right guys. They did it. it was hard to admit to myself but they really are in the right place.

docsmilitarywife Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I think that asshole step-father of one of the murdered boys did it. I don't think those 3 guys sitting in prison had anything to do with it at all. If you watch BOTH of those Paradise Lost docs, you'll see what I mean.

I completely agree with you. I found it kinda odd how his wife suddenly died like she did, he happened to have ALL his teeth pulled out after being asked to provide a bite sample & not to mention the blood on the knife he gave to one of the HBO crew members. I don't think those boys had shit to do with it, not a damn thing & i never did.. not even after watching the first one. I think they were simply targeted because they were different & convinent.

docsmilitarywife Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onekindsistah View Post
    I'm reading the website you posted now Goddess. I haven't forgotten the three young boys. I just want to know for sure that they have the right people and I don't feel that they do. That's all.
    Hi.. i don't think they have the right guys. I think the killer is blatenly obvious & has been since freakin' day 1 of that nightmare. I think more than 3 lives were taken that day.. the lives of 3 others were destroyed as well along w/ their families & the guilty party is out walkin' the streets.

docsmilitarywife Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I agree with you that he is definitely loopy- but he is not the step dad that did it. Officials are looking at Steven Branch's step father. John Douglas (famous FBI profiler) is convinced that he did it, and is shocked that they did not look at him t the beginning.

REALLY??!!
    WOW I'm gonna have to do some research on that! I did not know that. I'm absolutely convinced beyond a doubt whatsoever that those boys had nothing to do with those murders.
    Thx for posting!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I hope you do look into it more. I was a WM3 supporter for many years but I finally realized the truth. They are the right guys. They did it. it was hard to admit to myself but they really are in the right place.
    I agree with you Ramona. I had my doubts at first too, but after reading and watching everything I could get my hands on, they've got the right three in prison.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

onekindsistah Guest
    I've been reading and watching, I still don't see it. I haven't found any evidence or otherwise that is pointing to the three in jail.

Armcast Guest

Judge: No new trial for West Memphis killings

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...gs/?feedback=1

LITTLE ROCK ?? A judge has denied a request for a new trial for three men convicted of killing three boys in West Memphis 15 years ago.
    Circuit Court Judge David Burnett issued an order this evening denying the request. Lawyers for Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley ?? known by supporters as the ??West Memphis Three? ?? had requested a new trial, arguing that new DNA evidence clears their clients.
    Both Baldwin and Misskelley claim their lawyers failed to adequately represent them during their separate trials. Their lawyers also say DNA evidence provided by Echols?? defense team shows the men did not kill Steven Branch, Christopher Byers and Michael Moore.
    ??The court finds that (Echols') DNA-testing results are inconclusive because they do not raise a reasonable probability that he did not commit the offenses; that is, they are inconclusive as to his claim of actual innocence? Burnett wrote in the order.
    In his appeal, Echols argued that newly analyzed DNA found no trace of him, Misskelley or Baldwin at the crime scene. But Burnett said he agreed with prosecutors?? arguments that the absence of DNA didn??t equal innocence.
    ??Proof of actual innocence requires more than his exclusion as the source of a handful of biological material that is not dispositive of the identity of a killer,? Burnett wrote.
    Burnett also said that even if he agreed that the new DNA evidence should be heard in court, he would deny Echols?? request for a trial because there was ??not compelling evidence that he would be acquitted.?
    U.S. District Court Judge William R. Wilson Jr. ruled in November that claims about the DNA evidence first needed to be heard in state courts. The Arkansas Supreme Court has upheld their convictions.

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Armcast View Post
    http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...gs/?feedback=1

LITTLE ROCK ?? A judge has denied a request for a new trial for three men convicted of killing three boys in West Memphis 15 years ago.
    Circuit Court Judge David Burnett issued an order this evening denying the request. Lawyers for Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley ?? known by supporters as the ??West Memphis Three? ?? had requested a new trial, arguing that new DNA evidence clears their clients.
    Both Baldwin and Misskelley claim their lawyers failed to adequately represent them during their separate trials. Their lawyers also say DNA evidence provided by Echols?? defense team shows the men did not kill Steven Branch, Christopher Byers and Michael Moore.
    ??The court finds that (Echols') DNA-testing results are inconclusive because they do not raise a reasonable probability that he did not commit the offenses; that is, they are inconclusive as to his claim of actual innocence? Burnett wrote in the order.
    In his appeal, Echols argued that newly analyzed DNA found no trace of him, Misskelley or Baldwin at the crime scene. But Burnett said he agreed with prosecutors?? arguments that the absence of DNA didn??t equal innocence.
    ??Proof of actual innocence requires more than his exclusion as the source of a handful of biological material that is not dispositive of the identity of a killer,? Burnett wrote.
    Burnett also said that even if he agreed that the new DNA evidence should be heard in court, he would deny Echols?? request for a trial because there was ??not compelling evidence that he would be acquitted.?
    U.S. District Court Judge William R. Wilson Jr. ruled in November that claims about the DNA evidence first needed to be heard in state courts. The Arkansas Supreme Court has upheld their convictions.
    ^^^i was reading this last night~ i am very glad about the decision~ thanx very much for posting~

Lisamarie Guest
    okay wait what was found on one of the boys penis??

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    okay wait what was found on one of the boys penis??
    i was searching callahan's site for the exact wording, but there is 1000's of things over there~ i will keep looking~
    but basically it doesn't rule out any of the 3~ & the hair from the 2nd step-father the supporters are now accusing, can be easily explained, seeing as the boys played together & had been to ea others homes~

i always think it is funny that the supporters bring up this hair as if it is concrete proof~ but they don't bring up that fibers from the homes of the WM3 were also found on the boys & those 3 little boys had never been to the homes of the WM3~

Lisamarie Guest
    this case is just so awful.....sad stuff. Those poor boys must have been so scared.

Judge denied a new trial this morning. GAR!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Even tho they may be guilty, I'm wondering why they couldn't just check the DNA evidence?

Maybe they should do a re-trial - just to be sure. A lot of people on both sides want a definite answer.

GODDESS6 Guest
    Even tho they may be guilty, I'm wondering why they couldn't just check the DNA evidence?

Maybe they should do a re-trial - just to be sure. A lot of people on both sides want a definite answer.
    well they did re check some of it & there was nothing new~
    callahan's site has been adding lots of new stuff on the case~

my friend recently got some dvd'd that are behind the scenes footage of the PL I & II docus~ she is sending me them to watch~ she said they are very telling as to the 3's guilt~ i am eager to watch~

here is what some of the dvd'a are about:
    This DVD is a rare find. It is a hour long DVD, and features behind the scenes footage from the Documentary "Paradise Lost 2: Revelations.

This DVD contains the following footage:

- An episode of "Prime Time Justice" about Damiens Appeal to due to bite mark evidence

-Local TV footage from memphis about Damiens appeal

- A 30 minute long behind the scenes raw footage of John Mark Byers, Kathy Bakker, Damiens lawyers and other members of the "Free the West Memphis Three" team at the courthouse. It was filmed with a hand held video camera, and the footage is raw but great quality, capturing everything. It captures conversations between the WMP team, Damien Echols lawyers, and John Mark Byers. This scene is in Paradise Lost: revelations, it is the scene outside the courthouse when the people defending Damien Echols challenge JMB about the bite mark evidence and he pulls out his dentures. You may also remember a man making a comment to John Byers about how nice he is to them when the cameras were off. This is proven true in this raw footage, as Byers is talking to the man about fishing, going to Florida, and other things. This is basically a raw- behind the scenes look at what went on behind that scene, and what was edited out of the documentary Paradise Lost 2.

-Also on this DVD is the full, uncut phone call between Damien Echols and the Free the WM3 team. In the documentary, they have a speaker phone chat with Echols, and they type his answers for a chat room audience. On this DVD, it is the full phone call, filmed behind the "Paradise Lost" documentary team by a stationary camera, and it is unedited. You can hear ALL the questions, and ALL of Damien Echold answers. In the documentary Paradise Lost 2 it is a short scene, but on this DVD, it lasts 30 minutes, and is unedited.

If you are a fan or enthusist of the West Memphis Three case, or saw Paradise Lost The Murders at Robin Hood Hills 1 or Paradise Lost 2 Revelations and just want more info, this is must have. This is VERY rare footage, as I have never seen it before and had no idea it even existed.

Never released on DVD- transferred from a long out of print original VHS source.
    Picture and Sound is an 8 out of 10.
    Please take the time to read the entire item description before buying. This is a DVD-R, it is sold from collector to collector and absolutely no rights are implied or given. DVD has no artwork, and will be shipped in a plain plastic sleeve to prevent scratching. All commercials are edited out.

&

Hes got this one too

GERALDO RIVERO SHOW WEST MEMPHIS THREE PAM TERRY HOBBS PARADISE LOST MURDERS WM3

This DVD is a rare find. It features several interesting shows about the murders at Robin Hood Hills aka The Paradise Lost murders or the West Memphis Three Case.

This DVD contains the following footage:

- Two episodes of the Geraldo Rivera show. Both shows feature Terry and Pam Hobbs, one of the murdered boys grandfather, and more. They discuss indpeth the murder and the case itself. Also interviewed via satellite are Jason Misskelly's father and family. This was filmed back in 1994, and is pretty rare, not to mention interesting.

-Also on this DVD is an episode of "Inside Edition" from 1994 about the case.

If you have been following the West Memphis Three case, then you likely know that recent evidence implicates Terry Hobbs as a possible suspect in the murders, and his hair was reportedly found at the crime scene, a fct that has only recently com to light. Terry Hobbs is featured on the Geraldo show on this DVD being inerviewed.

Please check my other auctions, as I also have another DVD about this interesting case.

Please take the time to read the entire item description before buying. This is a DVD-R, it is sold from collector to collector and absolutely no rights are implied or given. DVD has no artwork, and will be shipped in a plain plastic sleeve to prevent scratching. All commercials are edited out.

They're innocent. That's my belief.

Sampiro Guest
    Burnett (the judge) is a self-righteous prick. Reading DEVIL'S KNOT will make your jaw drop- the testimonies he ruled admissible and inadmissible especially. Even John Mark Byers is now saying they're innocent- that'd be about like Ann Coulter campaigning for Obama.

Echols wasn't a wonderful kid in any way- he had a record and severe mental problems and the like, but the fact he was convicted on not one shred of hard evidence and the fact that hard evidence actually points away from him, and add in being convicted by a man whose doctorate came COD and the confession of an intimidated retarded kid WHO GOT KEY DETAILS SUCH AS THE TIME OF DAY AND WHETHER THERE WAS RAPE INVOLVED WRONG!! It's just disgusting. But I don't think they'll ever get a new trial because of the good ol' boys each covering each other's asses in that trial; if the verdict were reversed there'd be hell to pay.

GODDESS6 Guest
    i agree to disagree w/ you, after studying this case for many years & yes i read that book of fiction "devil's knot", along w/ ALL the court documents, they are guilty, guilty, guilty~

A-train Guest
    I've never heard anything about fibers from the wm3's homes being found on the bodies. Anyone got links? I don't think they did it but that's just me. I also don't think they'll ever get out either. I've watched both the paradise lost dvd's and I think byers' stepdad (or real dad? whatever) had something to do with it-funny how the bitemarks on one of the boys matched his teeth reallll damn close-but before investigators could get a mold he went and had all his teeth pulled....?

My sisters' website has a great article on the WM3 for anyone that would like to read.
    http://www.members.tripod.com/~VanessaWest/wm3.html

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by A-train View Post
    I've never heard anything about fibers from the wm3's homes being found on the bodies. Anyone got links? I don't think they did it but that's just me. I also don't think they'll ever get out either. I've watched both the paradise lost dvd's and I think byers' stepdad (or real dad? whatever) had something to do with it-funny how the bitemarks on one of the boys matched his teeth reallll damn close-but before investigators could get a mold he went and had all his teeth pulled....?

My sisters' website has a great article on the WM3 for anyone that would like to read.
    i don't have direct links since i am working, but it even talks about the fibers in the documentaries, the prosecution brings them up after the 1st trial to the victims families, when they are discussing their chances of whether or jessie was going to testify in damien & jason's trial~ a red fiber from jason's mothers robe was found & a fiber from a shirt at damiens was found~

one thing that was never cleared up for me was their black trench coats that they were known to wear~ damien even drools about it in his book~ they were never found after the crimes were commited~ i wonder where they are?~ there was speculation that maybe they were hidden in the manholes or sewers that damien liked to frequent~ but i still can't find out if these places were ever searched~

Suzanne30 Guest

Fiber evidence testimony from Echols/Balwin trial.

http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/ebtrial/lsakevicius.html

25. 09-11-2008, 04:42 PM

charlietangodelta Guest
    I believe they are innocent. I feel especially sorry for Jason Baldwin. (& the victims of course)

Lisamarie Guest
    Was this crime a sexual crime or more about power do you think?? I have trouble understanding what the hell happened to these kids in those woods....Like what was it all about?? It says only the one kid had been sexually assaulted...so why the one kid? Its just so horrible and those crime scene pics were you can clearly see these kids suffered before they died.

Sampiro Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    i agree to disagree w/ you, after studying this case for many years & yes i read that book of fiction "devil's knot", along w/ ALL the court documents, they are guilty, guilty, guilty~
    DEVIL'S KNOT is not fiction. It has more than 100 pages of copiously annotated endnotes in fact.

i don't have direct links since i am working, but it even talks about the fibers in the documentaries, the prosecution brings them up after the 1st trial to the victims families, when they are discussing their chances of whether or jessie was going to testify in damien & jason's trial~ a red fiber from jason's mothers robe was found & a fiber from a shirt at damiens was found~
    Not true. They found fibers that were "microscopically similar" to those on Jason's mother's robe and Damien's shirt, which may sound impressive to an Arkansas jury but really mean nothing. It only meant that they were the same kind of fibers as those found in clothing in almost any home in West Memphis- these are very poor people, their clothes came from Wal-Mart and Dollar General and similar places, the only thing the tests proved was that it was the same kind of material (a synthetic found at all Wal-Marts and Dollar Generals and most other chain stores) and the same color (red-a color found at all Wal-Marts and Dollar Generals and most other chain stores). It was NOT identified as being "from" the robe in question, but as similar to it.

Now, this begs the question: assuming it was from Jason's mom's robe, why in the world would fiber from Jason's mom's robe have been on the murder victims to begin with? She was never accused of having anything to do with the murders, she had an airtight alibi, and it's highly doubtful Jason would have been running around the woods with his mom's bathrobe when he decided, for no apparent reason, to kill three kids, and then takes the time to ditch the alleged black trench coat that you and others claim he got rid of, but puts his mom's bathrobe back into her closet, with absolutely no blood or hair or any other kind of evidence on it. Doesn't hold water at all.

There is no motive (save for some mumbo-jumbo about the occult cooked up by a charlatan with a mail order degree and fraudulent credentials and debunked instantly by real experts on the occult), it did not fit the behavior profiles drawn by the FBI crime labs of any of the boys and the boys did not fit the profile of the hypothetical killer also drawn by the FBI forensics lab, there is no hard evidence connecting the boys to the murder victims, what DNA evidence did exist indicates that the boys were NOT involved, and then there's the whole bizarre incident of BOJANGLES man (3 boys are bloodily murdered in a town where that doesn't happen, a deranged man COVERED IN BLOOD walks into the LADIES ROOM of a Bojangles fried chicken the same night, the police are called but DON'T EVEN COME INSIDE! And when they take blood samples from the blood left all over the ladies bathroom two days later... THEY LOSE THEM! BY THEIR OWN ADMISSION!

It's a gross miscarriage of justice from all sides.

Sampiro Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    Was this crime a sexual crime or more about power do you think?? I have trouble understanding what the hell happened to these kids in those woods....Like what was it all about?? It says only the one kid had been sexually assaulted...so why the one kid? Its just so horrible and those crime scene pics were you can clearly see these kids suffered before they died.
    Originally it was said they had all been sexually assaulted due to the fact that their anuses were dilated. This was later revealed to be untrue; the dilation was due to being underwater, there was no evidence of rape or sexual assault of any kind, but one of the boys (the stepson of Byers) had been sexually mutilated (specifically he'd been emasculated; neither of the others had been.)

A-train Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampiro View Post
    DEVIL'S KNOT is not fiction. It has more than 100 pages of copiously annotated endnotes in fact.

Not true. They found fibers that were "microscopically similar" to those on Jason's mother's robe and Damien's shirt, which may sound impressive to an Arkansas jury but really mean nothing. It only meant that they were the same kind of fibers as those found in clothing in almost any home in West Memphis- these are very poor people, their clothes came from Wal-Mart and Dollar General and similar places, the only thing the tests proved was that it was the same kind of material (a synthetic found at all Wal-Marts and Dollar Generals and most other chain stores) and the same color (red-a color found at all Wal-Marts and Dollar Generals and most other chain stores). It was NOT identified as being "from" the robe in question, but as similar to it.

Now, this begs the question: assuming it was from Jason's mom's robe, why in the world would fiber from Jason's mom's robe have been on the murder victims to begin with? She was never accused of having anything to do with the murders, she had an airtight alibi, and it's highly doubtful Jason would have been running around the woods with his mom's bathrobe when he decided, for no apparent reason, to kill three kids, and then takes the time to ditch the alleged black trench coat that you and others claim he got rid of, but puts his mom's bathrobe back into her closet, with absolutely no blood or hair or any other kind of evidence on it. Doesn't hold water at all.

There is no motive (save for some mumbo-jumbo about the occult cooked up by a charlatan with a mail order degree and fraudulent credentials and debunked instantly by real experts on the occult), it did not fit the behavior profiles drawn by the FBI crime labs of any of the boys and the boys did not fit the profile of the hypothetical killer also drawn by the FBI forensics lab, there is no hard evidence connecting the boys to the murder victims, what DNA evidence did exist indicates that the boys were NOT involved, and then there's the whole bizarre incident of BOJANGLES man (3 boys are bloodily murdered in a town where that doesn't happen, a deranged man COVERED IN BLOOD walks into the LADIES ROOM of a Bojangles fried chicken the same night, the police are called but DON'T EVEN COME INSIDE! And when they take blood samples from the blood left all over the ladies bathroom two days later... THEY LOSE THEM! BY THEIR OWN ADMISSION!

It's a gross miscarriage of justice from all sides.

Wow, really good post. Now whaaaat about the Bojangles man? Wow I've never heard about that, that's freaking wild!

Sampiro Guest
    Now whaaaat about the Bojangles man? Wow I've never heard about that, that's freaking wild!
    Here's the wiki on Bojangles man. (Weird: they used to have an excellent and detailed coverage on crimelibrary.com but it seems to have been taken down.)

32. 09-14-2008, 11:50 AM

RaRaRamona Guest
    Dixie Chick Maines Sued for Loud Mouth

Posted Dec 5th 2008 4:37AM by TMZ Staff
    Dixie Chick Natalie Maines can't keep her mouth shut about a trio of murders in 1993 -- and now she's being hauled into court for allegedly placing the rap on a guy whose stepson was one of the victims.

The inveterate Bush-basher -- and her bandmates -- has been sued in Arkansas by Terry Hobbs, whose then-8-year-old stepson Steve Branch was killed back in 1993 along with two other boys. But, as reports say, Maines is singled out in court papers.

Hobbs has never been charged or implicated in the murders -- three other men were convicted -- but Maines has been outspoken in her belief Hobbs was involved.

Hobbs says in the suit he's lost income and reputation, and that Maines' claims are "so extreme in degree as to be ... atrocious and utterly intolerable." The band couldn't be reached for comment.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I bet that cow is reveling in her new found martyrdom.

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I bet that cow is reveling in her new found martyrdom.
    ^^^^i saw this lawsuit yesterday, it has caused quite an uproar~

WendyK Guest
    Has their ever been an execution dates set set for Damien? Or are they still going through apppeals?

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    Has their ever been an execution dates set set for Damien? Or are they still going through apppeals?
    still going thru appeals~ i think some of the court stuff will pick up again in january~

I have the feeling when it's Damien's time to head off for that needle, there is going to be a whole lot of people making a big stink about it.

I heard they are doing a 3rd part to the HBO series?

RaRaRamona Guest
    I have the feeling when it's Damien's time to head off for that needle, there is going to be a whole lot of people making a big stink about it.

I heard they are doing a 3rd part to the HBO series?
    Gee wonder how balanced that will be?

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KCSunshine View Post
    This thread is very interesting. I saw the HBO doocs and was convinced they were innocent, but also wondered why so many celebrities were now distancing themselves from the case. It just went very quiet. It's been very enlightening to read these posts esp. Echol's mental evaluation. Everything's a bit grey for me now.
    I wondered the same thing, & I assume that like me they have changed their minds.

octobersky Guest
    I read this whole thread last night and read as much of the other sites as I could.
    I don't know who did it. I have gone back and forth thinking about it all night.

What I do know is that they do deserve a new trial.

I have to do more reading. This is an interesting case and quite a sad one too.

re: Natalie Maines

With all the plastic surgury they do now, can they not find a way to surgically shut her mouth? As with any other celebrity, just shut up already. Man, give celebrities 15 minutes of fame and they want to spout their opinions on everything. I don't care - just do what you get paid for and leave the rest of the crap out!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

WendyK Guest
    I watched some Terry Hobbs interogation vids the other night.They say they found his hair at the crime scene and a friend of his.What do you all think? Then you got creepy John Mark Beyers who now supports the WM3.Anyone know whats going on?

April 13, 2009

Launches Confidential New Evidence Tip Line :
    (501) 256-1775

Former NYPD homicide detective Jay Salpeter, who uncovered crucial new evidence leading to the exoneration of Martin Tankleff, has joined the effort to free the West Memphis 3. Private investigator Salpeter will ask the public’s help in his investigation seeking the truth in the murders of the young boys. Lorri Davis and others leading the effort to free Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley, will join him at a news conference on Tuesday, April 14 at 10:30 a.m. at Trios, Pavilion Room, 8201 Cantrell, Little Rock.

“There are people who may have information about what really happened the night three 8-year-old boys were tragically murdered in West Memphis in 1993. I am convinced there are those who can help provide new evidence in this case and now want to do the right thing. Please call the confidential tip line and tell me what you know that can prevent the execution of Damien Echols and free these innocent men,” said Salpeter.

Salpeter is interested in meeting with the man found injured in Bojangles’ Restaurant on the night of murders. “He may have seen something that night that could prove crucial.”

Echols, Baldwin and Misskelley were convicted in 1994 for a crime they did not commit, and have served 16 years in prison. No physical evidence, eyewitness testimony or motive tied the three local teens to the murders, only a coerced, false confession that was immediately disavowed. Damien Echols was sentenced to death; Jessie Misskelley and Jason Baldwin were sentenced to life imprisonment. New DNA and forensic evidence proves that these men were wrongfully convicted.

Who: Investigator Jay Salpeter, Lorri Davis, Capi Peck, Supporters

I used to believe that they did it but reading hundreds of documents and books and such I don't see how they could have. I feel that it was one of the boys parents that did it.

My_Smiling_Skull Guest
    My cousins knew all the boys from where they went to school in West Memphis. The two girls are my age and knew the older boys just from acquaintance. Their younger brother knew the victims and it upset him to no end after they were found.

They never believed the right people were put in jail for this

Hippo Guest
    I go back and forth on this.

However, I believe that the filmmakers of "Paradise Lost" decided to make their documentary PRO-WM3 before they started filming, in order to get more publicity for themselves.

If that's true, then they're no better than Michael Moore in presenting an unbiased documentary. If they want to make a sympathetic film, that's fine, but there should be a disclaimer at the beginning to alert the viewer.

I originally watched both films and thought the WM3 were innocent. When I found out how much material had been deliberately omitted to skew public opinion, I was angry.

John Mark Byers is very eccentric, but I don't see how he could have done it. Most of his time on May 5 and May 6 is accounted for, and the time which is NOT accounted for would not be long enough for him to commit the murders, clean up, then go home and act as if nothing had happened.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    re: Natalie Maines

With all the plastic surgury they do now, can they not find a way to surgically shut her mouth? As with any other celebrity, just shut up already. Man, give celebrities 15 minutes of fame and they want to spout their opinions on everything. I don't care - just do what you get paid for and leave the rest of the crap out!
    Applause!!

discod Guest
    Im also on the fence on this one,just wondered though did they ever call any body language experts to the case or has any been called in during any interviews since??

Hmmm...not that I'm aware of, discod. I've not heard of that. Do they do it often in trials?
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

51. 08-24-2009, 01:21 PM

tarsier Guest
    First time I read this case I thought "they'll never get a conviction". I figured hey were innocent and have seen nothing to change that opinion.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Well they sure creeped me out in the docu.

I never thought they were supposed to be an actual docu, by the way. I knew before I watched them what side they were on.