Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414849505152 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,500 of 2609

Thread: Trayvon Martin

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    He had THC in his system and had an internet nickname with the word n*gga in it? What a monster.

The rest of your post cannot be verified.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    both sides are to blame.
    Exactly!
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

If everyone with THC in their system and the N word in their name was a thug we would be in big trouble. There are worse things. As far as using the N word in his nick. Well, a long time offline friend of mine had a birthday last week and her sister apparently did something wonderful for her and my friend goes "You're my N." They are both Puerto Rican. I don't approve of using that word in any way, but it's also none of my business--again, just so you understand, except on here.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

It's common in my area to call friends niggas. Most people can tell the difference whether the r is there. And from a person that constantly has large amounts of thc in my system I can say it had nothing to do with this. I think PK summed it up well when she said both parties were at fault. It was a young boy making a bad decision and an over excited power hungry pussy doing the same thing. Unfortunately a boy will never have a chance to mature past that mentality and the power hungry pussy is here to make more bad decisions. Hopefully those decisions won't leave anyone else lifeless.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Yup yup! Mc!

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    If everyone with THC in their system and the N word in their name was a thug we would be in big trouble. There are worse things. As far as using the N word in his nick. Well, a long time offline friend of mine had a birthday last week and her sister apparently did something wonderful for her and my friend goes "You're my N." They are both Puerto Rican. I don't approve of using that word in any way, but it's also none of my business--again, just so you understand, except on here.
    I agree that its common for some people to call one another that name and I also have no issues with using weed. I don't think that either of those reasons should have gotten him shot. I just have a problem with his family trying to clean up his image. He wanted to look and act like a thug, so they should have allowed him to do so. I don't have any issues with the way he looked. I think it was fine. There was no reason for his family to try and make him eternally six years old.
    Minerva

No good reason anyway.

Maybe they cleaned him up because of the way he was painted in the media--they didn't want him judged by the way he looked. I understand that. The thing is, even if he had looked like a choirboy he would have had his faults, for we all do.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

8. 06-09-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Maybe they cleaned him up because of the way he was painted in the media--they didn't want him judged by the way he looked. I understand that. The thing is, even if he had looked like a choirboy he would have had his faults, for we all do.
    Very true, but you know how it is when stuff like this happens. I saw him for the way he looked and he didn't look all that scary to me.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    Very true, but you know how it is when stuff like this happens. I saw him for the way he looked and he didn't look all that scary to me.
    Not to me either.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Yeah. He wasn't a thug or anything. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cool_martin.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	50883

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Yeah. He wasn't a thug or anything. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cool_martin.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	50883
    Is that you Stu Pidasso?

Kate, move on.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Gives hugs to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Is that you Stu Pidasso?
    I dunno what you mean by that. I also don't understand why you're angry. I mean he was obviously a thugger. He didn't deserve to die for that but he was. He was a bad kid. And Zimmerman was a wannabe cop. Both can be true at the same time. In fact I'm with the Martin people until he threw the punch and started bashing Zimmerman's head on the curb, which is verified by witness statements, evidence(grass stains on back of pants etc.), and the gash seen on the back of his head. At that point Zimmerman was clearly in his rights to defend himself with deadly force. It's sad all the way around as this shouldn't have happened and either party could have taken a step back before it escalated.

I dunno what you mean by that. I also don't understand why you're angry. I mean he was obviously a thugger. He didn't deserve to die for that but he was. He was a bad kid. And Zimmerman was a wannabe cop. Both can be true at the same time. In fact I'm with the Martin people until he threw the punch and started bashing Zimmerman's head on the curb, which is verified by witness statements, evidence(grass stains on back of pants etc.), and the gash seen on the back of his head. At that point Zimmerman was clearly in his rights to defend himself with deadly force. It's sad all the way around as this shouldn't have happened and either party could have taken a step back before it escalated.
    You don't have to explain your opinion. Let's just move on.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

IHe was a bad kid. And Zimmerman was a wannabe cop.
    A recipe for disaster.

Giada Guest
    GZ's case against NBC dismissed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1850275

On Monday, a Florida circuit court judge tossed the case, finding Zimmerman was a public figure, and the network had not acted with “actual malice” against the former neighborhood watchman.

Frank Taffee, GZ's BFF announced several months ago he believed GZ's murder of Trayvon was racially motivated. The DOJ currently has an open investigative case on GZ. FT will be giving his no holds barred interview with the DOJ on 7/16.

Rachel Jeantel update. She's huge.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rachel-je...man-walk-free/

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Indeed. She kept her word to Trayvon to finish high school. And to eat a couple tons of moon pies.

Ugh. Rule number 1. Don't read the comments, don't read the comments. (referring to Mediaite site) Good on her for graduating... I'll just keep it at that.

I can never take good advice! I just wasted way too much time reading the comments.

Good for her to get herself graduated....but damn girl....eat a salad...this cannot be healthy. Also....she was 19 and reading on a 3rd grade level?....where is the accountability to the school? How do you get to high school and not be able to read?
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Good for her to get herself graduated....but damn girl....eat a salad...this cannot be healthy. Also....she was 19 and reading on a 3rd grade level?....where is the accountability to the school? How do you get to high school and not be able to read?
    It drives me crazy. Always has. If she did a special education thing then ok. But if she got a real high school diploma something is wrong. If this girl has ever read a book over 200 pages long or didn't have pictures in it I'll shave my pubes and glue them to my head.

The comment, "I wonder if she conjugates verbs in her spare time" cracked me up.

No offense to anyone, but white people have committed more crimes historically than anyone and stole more, too...Is that your fault?
    Statistically speaking, the crime rate for young urban African-American males is many, many times the average. To illustrate, back in 1998, Newsweek noted that urban African-American males comprised slightly over 1% of the U.S. population yet accounted for nearly 30% of homicides.

As for Trayvon Martin, referring to him as a child is a logical fallacy called an "appeal to emotion." While technically a minor, he was of military age, full grown with a powerful build, skilled in hand-to-hand fighting and possessed of a brutal temperament. Had he survived, he would have been charged with a violent felony, and it should be noted that nearly all felons demonstrate Anti-Social Personality Disorder, a consistent disregard for the rights of others. Given his background, it's reasonable to assume that young Martin was not one of the exceptions.

We're seeing some of the same elements of the Martin case here in Seattle with the SODO shooting. This time, it was a licensed police officer who was involved, yet the left-wing has been demagoguing the story as that of an innocent Hispanic man racially profiled and then murdered by brutal cops. Nothing is said (even in the mainstream media) about how the decedent was on parole for armed robbery, that he was illegally carrying a Glock handgun in defiance of his sentencing conditions and that everyone else in the light rail car was also checked for proof of fare payment.

I don't know anything about that Seattle shooting but I agree with everything else you said. And I'm on the left. I don't know why so many on my side of the political spectrum blame everything but the people committing the crimes.

I feel the most for Treyvon's stepmother whom he was staying with at the time of shooting, she was really the only one to make it real and give any real inkling to Treyvon's character. She was a stepmom and loved him. His own mother took to the stand after being prodded by The Poverty Pimps and Crump and delivered the most emotionless deliberation, hell you could have put a hand puppet up on that bench and it would have delivered more sadness for the loss of her son than she did. It seems like the only thing she really cared about was putting a copyright on her sons name just incase this took off for book and movie deals.

Its a real shame in this country that they only put value on an African American's life is if its involved in a White on Black, and the media is able to stir the racial culture pot a little bit more. What is more of a shame is the fact that black children will go missing in this country and you hardly even hear about it on the 5'oclock news but when there's a white child from a upper class rich neighborhood goes missing, sound the alarm, send out the dogs, 1000 person search teams, lets search the lake, lets turn over every rock, lets talk to the nation wide news, Nancy Grace is reporting in!

This made me literally laugh out loud. My boss just looked at me like I have lost my mind. Seriously? Does he have a cop fetish?

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    This made me literally laugh out loud. My boss just looked at me like I have lost my mind. Seriously? Does he have a cop fetish?
    Yeah. I think he wanted to be a cop but just couldn't cut it. This is his new version of "neighborhood watch captain".

What the hell? Is this dude trying to go to jail? If something happened and even if he was completely justified in killing someone does he not know what another incident would do? Does he not understand the FBI are still looking at him for violating Trayvon's civil rights? If I were him I'd be counting my lucky stars and working at soup kitchens and shit. I sure wouldn't be out there looking for even more trouble. The guy is an idiot.

What the hell? Is this dude trying to go to jail? If something happened and even if he was completely justified in killing someone does he not know what another incident would do? Does he not understand the FBI are still looking at him for violating Trayvon's civil rights? If I were him I'd be counting my lucky stars and working at soup kitchens and shit. I sure wouldn't be out there looking for even more trouble. The guy is an idiot.
    This!

I would be so happy if this guy "resisted arrest" sometime in the near future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Having THC in his system shouldn't reflect on Treyvon's character. Its Florida. Its Orlando. There are bigger fish to fry.
    Last edited by TheDude; 07-29-2014 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Having THC in his system shouldn't reflect on Treyvon's character. Its Florida. Its Orlando. There are bigger fish to fry.
    Absolutely

Giada Guest
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...security-mode/

George Zimmerman is back in the news, once again in his role as a wannabe security officer.

Zimmerman, the ex-neighborhood watch volunteer acquitted in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, was spotted by police just after midnight Monday sitting in his pickup with his dog behind a motorcycle and gun shop, Pompano Pat’s, in DeLand, Fla., according to news reports.

Johnson confirmed he knows Zimmerman, but told WKMG-TV he did not hire him to handle security.
    “I didn’t okay it. I didn’t know about it. I didn’t authorize it. I didn’t pay for it,” he said. “He had just watched Facebook and the news and just took it upon himself to come up here and sit.”
    “I sent him a text message telling him not to come back to the store anymore,” he added.

Dude is asking for it

Dude is asking for it
    He sure is. Hell I defended him and still think he was justified in shooting Martin but this dude might be mentally ill. He seems really unstable.

Dude is asking for it
    I agree.....kind of like a recovering drug addict getting a job as a pharmacist technician at CVS.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    I agree.....kind of like a recovering drug addict getting a job as a pharmacist technician at CVS.
    Lmao.

He sure is. Hell I defended him and still think he was justified in shooting Martin but this dude might be mentally ill. He seems really unstable.
    I actually was in the same boat you were because I believe in Gun rights and Angela Corey bent over even though she knew all about the Stand your Ground law.

The whole situation was fucked from the word go and I would say both of them were to blame. Zimmerman should have stayed in his truck and left it alone. Treyvon should have went home and stayed there. The gun should not have come out of its holster.

Yeah. It kind of seems like he thinks the not guilty verdict means he can do whatever he wants. Rational people would be breathing a sigh of relief, and keeping as low a profile as possible.

I would no longer be living in Florida that is for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    hot

And gets shot while tryiing to escape
    I hate this bastard

It's that small dick Hank Hill syndrome. Too fat and dumb to be a real cop, so they go out and patrol the streets themselves..

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    It's that small dick Hank Hill syndrome. Too fat and dumb to be a real cop, so they go out and patrol the streets themselves..
    Napoleon Complex

Mammy Guest
    How dare you insult Hank Hill! (and his dick) Lol

The whole situation was fucked from the word go and I would say both of them were to blame.
    Alan Dershowitz stated that in the eyes of the law, the fact that Zimmerman got out of his vehicle did not remove his right to self-defense when unlawfully assaulted.

Hank has a narrow urethra and diminishing gluts. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    How dare you insult Hank Hill! (and his dick) Lol
    We're getting into a whole weird area here. LOL

Don't we always?