Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34414243444552 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,150 of 2609

Thread: Trayvon Martin

Rydell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Biter View Post
    Regarding the Stand Your Ground laws.....when I was a teenager, we had a problem with a window peeper in our neighborhood. My Dad owned a lot of guns and was obsessed with catching him. He would go outside and shoot into the air to scare him away. He called the Sheriff many times, but they could never catch him. The Sheriff told my father that he couldn't shoot him out in the yard. He could only shoot if the guy was breaking into our home. And he actually told my Dad, "If you shoot him in your entry way and he falls outside, drag him back over the threshold." Just, Wow.
    I remember hearing that as well.

Regarding the Stand Your Ground laws.....when I was a teenager, we had a problem with a window peeper in our neighborhood. My Dad owned a lot of guns and was obsessed with catching him. He would go outside and shoot into the air to scare him away. He called the Sheriff many times, but they could never catch him. The Sheriff told my father that he couldn't shoot him out in the yard. He could only shoot if the guy was breaking into our home. And he actually told my Dad, "If you shoot him in your entry way and he falls outside, drag him back over the threshold." Just, Wow.
    I've heard stories like that too. The problem with doing something like that is twofold:

1. Today's forensics can easily prove when someone does that.

2. Not all cops are the same. So taking bad advice from one - even if you don't say a word about it to anyone and then do the deed - is likely to make it worse.

The best and easiest thing to do these days is not use a gun but a camera to catch the perpetrator. That's the kind of evidence the cops want these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenivere2011 View Post
    Here are the text messages, in case anyone's interested. I think my IQ dropped about 20 points, just trying to decipher this crap:

http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/0513...ts/report1.pdf

http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/0513...s/report6a.pdf
    why is so much of it blacked out?

And he actually told my Dad, "If you shoot him in your entry way and he falls outside, drag him back over the threshold." Just, Wow.
    There is a great movie called "Felon" which illustrates why this is sometimes a good idea.

the Jordan Davis shooting should be interesting ( courtesy of Florida)

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/jo...our-ground-law

The [CRAZY AS HELL] neighbors across the street from me have been flying their flag at half staff ever since about 15 minutes after the verdict was announced. Are you fucking kidding me????
    "Honestly may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonestly is the second-best policy."
    - George Carlin

as an accountant, I'm always interested in the money - sequestration of the jury cost $33,000 over 22 days

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...,7357428.story

Rydell, do not quote posts that break the rules (Rule 4) as you have done in quoting POST 2093. If you don't know the rules, read FAQ at the top of any page.

Nick
    Administrator

I'm probably going to end up posting a forum-wide announcement about this and incorporating it into the rules, but please listen:

Quoting a comment that you think is totally out of line or offensive only gives legs to that comment. It doesn't matter if you quote it to say, "Shame on you," or whatever. What you are doing is taking the comment and doubling the number of places it is written. Then someone else sees it and quotes it and now you have the offending comment in three times as many places as it was originally. And so on.

And the more something is repeated, the more it sinks in. So if someone writes, "All Greek men are slimy criminals," and you are a Greek man that takes offense, almost all you are accomplishing by quoting the remark is legitimizing it. And the more ridiculous the original comment, the less helpful it is to quote it.

If someone says an individual deserved a disease and you quote him, to me, as an administrator, you are lending some level of support to his view because you are repeating it and reinforcing it in the minds of readers that otherwise would have just skipped past it or who had a hard enough time reading it in the first place and would rather not see it dredged up again.

Do not quote posts that break forum rules.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The crazy neighbor who waves his gun around whenever he has a panic attack never lowers his flag at sunset, which is proper etiquette when flying one. So, six of one, half a dozen of the other. People do weird shit when it comes to flag etiquette.

I thought it was weird when the state of New Jersey flew theirs at half mast when James Gandolfini died. But they considered him a native son mainly due to his role on the Sopranos and how even though he portrayed a mobster, the show increased the state's tourism rate tenfold. So, I can dig that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
    why is so much of it blacked out?

I have no idea. I know that some of the records of Trayvon (i.e. school records) have been redacted. I suppose there are people's names mentioned, for whom they wish to protect.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Powell View Post
    the whole thing is a crock to explain away Rachel Jeantel's obvious problems, which includes lying. Did her teeth and jaw cause her to lie? That would explain the phrase "lying through the teeth" for sure!

what bone in her massive block head told her this:

http://drudgereport.com/flashrj.htm
    Zimmerman a "gay rapist". Funny. Would that make him an African Booty Snatcher?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Rydell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Rydell, do not quote posts that break the rules (Rule 4) as you have done in quoting POST 2093. If you don't know the rules, read FAQ at the top of any page
    What the fuck?

mac_lorre Guest
    Here's a story about a black man who shot an unarmed 17 year old white boy a few years back...

http://themartialist.net/?p=306

Quote Originally Posted by mac_lorre View Post
    Here's a story about a black man who shot an unarmed 17 year old white boy a few years back...

Sounds justifiable to me.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Bidmor Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Sounds justifiable to me.
    Indeed. For some mysterious reason, race evidently was not a factor in this incident of a teenager assaulting an adult which resulted in the death of the teenager by self-defense.

In the 80s I heard about dragging perps back into the house multiple times, at multiple schools when Cops came to school to talk to the students.

At one point, they said that if for some reason you would have shot someone standing outside, through the window, to still drag them into the house.

'course this was Texas, and it was a different time. I remember a kid was once suspended for a few days for selling a gun at school.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    In the 80s I heard about dragging perps back into the house multiple times, at multiple schools when Cops came to school to talk to the students.

At one point, they said that if for some reason you would have shot someone standing outside, through the window, to still drag them into the house.

'course this was Texas, and it was a different time. I remember a kid was once suspended for a few days for selling a gun at school.
    Now they get suspended for writing on their desks. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post

Funny I remember one of my high school teachers telling us in class once to do so if we were ever in such a situation cuz Kendall County Sheriffs gave her that advice. This was around 86 or 87. Same high school that had multiple carjackings every year, stabbings and a gang of kids that were caught and convicted of robbing restaurants in S.A. Austin and Houston on the weekends (they were called "The Cooler Gang" cuz they locked employees in the freezer- the white dude died after falling ten stories while trying to escape Harris County jail). Thats Texas for you.

Back in the 60s a grammar school classmate got expelled for having shoulder length hair. He he never came back. So there he was with like a 6th grade education for having long hair. In 1970, when I was in the 8th grade, a senior got expelled for writing the name of a Steppenwolf song that damned drug dealers on his notebook. He never came back. They would have probably stung 'em up on the playground if they had brought a gun to school.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Now they get suspended for writing on their desks. Go figure.

Our school suspends the student for the entire school year if they bring a gun to school. For example, a girl who had to drive her dad's truck to school because her car was broken down still had her dad's hunting rifles in the back of the truck on a rack. She was expelled for the entire school year. She had no ill intent, didn't even think about it. Our state has a "zero tolerance" policy.

Kids have been suspended around here for giving each other tylenol or ibuprofen. Or God Forbid, Midol!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Indeed. For some mysterious reason, race evidently was not a factor in this incident of a teenager assaulting an adult which resulted in the death of the teenager by self-defense.
    perfect post. Thank you. I still blame the media with all of this. They wont be happy until there are race wars in the streets. Maybe good for newspaper sales. What a world we live in. I pray for my kids
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

radiojane Guest
    A little less attention to menstrual relief medication and a lot more to bullying and actually teaching children to read would be one hell of a start.

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    A little less attention to menstrual relief medication and a lot more to bullying and actually teaching children to read would be one hell of a start.
    Amen
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    March 1934-July 2016

Enoch Powell Guest
    Uh oh:

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    perfect post. Thank you. I still blame the media with all of this. They wont be happy until there are race wars in the streets. Maybe good for newspaper sales. What a world we live in. I pray for my kids
    Well B.O. just finished saying he could have been Martin 35 years ago simply because he was black and whites were and are afraid of blacks and whites followed black kids around to beat them up and thus vindicating Martin's actions; B.O. in effect re-indicted Zimmerman, ignoring the jury's verdict; B.O. lambasted stand your ground by speculating that Martin could have used that defense had he been armed and was of age, inferring that Zimmerman attacked Martin.

My advice to Zimmerman would be to leave the US because you have angered the Imperial President and his enforcer, Eric Holder, by not receiving the verdict they wanted.

http://news.yahoo.com/-obama--trayvo...GFnZQ--;_ylv=3

27. 07-19-2013, 03:36 PM
    Reason
    wrong thread...sorry

That song has been in my head for the last few days.......

Given the controversy they got with Dzokhar, I think Rolling Stone should just go for broke next week and put Zimmerman on the cover. Smiling. Wearing a hoodie.

No Support: 8 Celebrities Who Agree With The Zimmerman Verdict - See more at: http://bossip.com/806087/8-celebriti...erdict39204/2/

Quote Originally Posted by dstrattenfan View Post
    No Support: 8 Celebrities Who Agree With The Zimmerman Verdict - See more at: http://bossip.com/806087/8-celebriti...erdict39204/2/
    Rush Limbaugh, Bill Cosby, Ted Nugent, etc. In a word: Ew.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

mac_lorre Guest

Amazing guy.....wonder if the people in the truck just came from a rally. What a world. Just kidding of course, I wouldn't wish bad things to most people
    March 1934-July 2016

Glad to see he was more concerned about the safety of others, than his own safety. He is to be commended for helping them out.

Bidmor Guest
    I'm curious to know the race of the folks he helped rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    I'm curious to know the race of the folks he helped rescue.
    I'm curious to see if anyone is willing to report the race. Not that it matters. But if it contradicts the agenda that's been pushed thus far it would be interesting to see if it goes ignored.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

wow.. ummmm not to sound rude but what the hell difference does it make what race of people it was Zimmerman helped?? LOL its almost funny- a sick twisted funny but in actuality its not
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

radiojane Guest
    Two crazies and a guy that lost his son to random violence. Sounds like an impartial panel to me.

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    I'm curious to see if anyone is willing to report the race. Not that it matters. But if it contradicts the agenda that's been pushed thus far it would be interesting to see if it goes ignored.
    Thank you
    March 1934-July 2016

WAY.TOO.SCRIPTED.

Wonder how much they paid a publicist to come up with this stunt?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    wow.. ummmm not to sound rude but what the hell difference does it make what race of people it was Zimmerman helped?? LOL its almost funny- a sick twisted funny but in actuality its not
    Because it would be an inconvenient fact to those pushing the race issue if it comes out that they were black.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    Precisely what I was thinking. GZ plays Good Samaritan while trial docs and his pistol were being sent to the FBI and Injustice Department.

This just in:

The other day, George Zimmerman helped four people out of an overturned SUV.

He then proceeded to shoot them.

Mammy Guest
    You forgot Ann Coulter. Just seeing pictures of her makes me puke in my mouth a little. She's almost as repulsive to me as Ted Nugent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    You forgot Ann Coulter. Just seeing pictures of her makes me puke in my mouth a little. She's almost as repulsive to me as Ted Nugent.
    Those two wackos should get married. NO, nevermind, they may breed more ignorant morons!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    You ain't gotta lie to kick it Mammy. We know you have the cat scratch fever.

Mammy Guest
    LOL, nope! No Ted for me! I absolutely despise that fucking loud mouthed, arrogant, egotistical, bastard and I have for years! I wouldn't even wish him on Ann Coulter and that's saying something.

Yeah, that says plenty.

Mammy Guest
    I knew you'd understand! Lol

Looks like the family in the truck that overturned where white (Creepy Cracka's). So we can expect Sharpton and Jackson along with the Black Panthers to continue the protests.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Looks like the family in the truck that overturned where white (Creepy Cracka's). So we can expect Sharpton and Jackson along with the Black Panthers to continue the protests.
    If they were black, Sharpton et al. would say the story was made up. They may anyway.