Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Trayvon Martin

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalHeadBettie View Post
    Hahahaha. I'll give him a little shot and a twist with my shiv between the legs! Let's see how he fairs against a Native in a hoodie.

Ahhh, thats why we think alike in some ways Bettie. I am half Native !!

DonnaMc Guest
    But don't give up hope that I'll find him in the street.
    LOL - You're killing me!

MetalHeadBettie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Ahhh, thats why we think alike in some ways Bettie. I am half Native !!
    YEAH!!! Lol. I'm about half as well! Cherokee on one side, Seminole on the other! Native Pride, baby.

lisalouver Guest
    YEAH!!! Lol. I'm about half as well! Cherokee on one side, Seminole on the other! Native Pride, baby.
    Love it. Sioux here.

Irish on the other side

He had an appropriate, diplomatic statement until he added that last part. Unneccessary. And Cindy, I despise him also.
    Yes I completely agree. If he had ended before he added the last part, it would have been comforting to the nation and the family and succient. But there he goes stirring the pot. I mean what else could he mean by saying his son would "look like Trayvon" except that he is black. There was no need to add that part. How about just that an all-american child, carrying skittles and iced tea was killed. How scary no matter the skin color...or what the LONE KILLER thought of the boy.

It reminds me of the statement he made early in his presidency about the "stupid" police force in Massachusetts.

DonnaMc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    It reminds me of the statement he made early in his presidency about the "stupid" police force in Massachusetts.
    Yeah he had to have that guy over to the White House for a beer!! Only in America!

I think Trayvon does look like Obama. They both have huge ass ears.

I just found out that Zimmermans father is a retired U.S. magistrate judge. Maybe thats why none of his charges sticks. Good ole boy cronyism at it's worst.
    Last edited by JefeStone; 04-03-2012 at 01:56 PM.

MetalHeadBettie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    Yes I completely agree. If he had ended before he added the last part, it would have been comforting to the nation and the family and succient. But there he goes stirring the pot. I mean what else could he mean by saying his son would "look like Trayvon" except that he is black. There was no need to add that part. How about just that an all-american child, carrying skittles and iced tea was killed. How scary no matter the skin color...or what the LONE KILLER thought of the boy.

It reminds me of the statement he made early in his presidency about the "stupid" police force in Massachusetts
    Yep, yep, yep. Great point, Dulcinea!

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I think Trayvon does look like Obama. They both have huge ass ears.

I just found out that Zimmermans father is a retired U.S. magistrate judge. Maybe thats why none of his charges sticks. Good ole boy cronyism at it's worst.
    No kidding

RebelRocker Guest

Mammy Guest
    Wow, what a way to take a conversation out of context and change it's entire meaning. Was NBC hoping to start a race war?

What do you expect from the media these days? Not surprised at all. Anything to perpetuate a hot topic. I don't personally know who was at fault for this tragedy, I wasn't present. One thing I do know: I'm sure as hell not going to rely on the media for the facts.
    "When you rob Peter to pay Paul.....Paul will vote for you EVERY time!"

- Democratic Party platform for 80+ years & counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Wow, what a way to take a conversation out of context and change it's entire meaning. Was NBC hoping to start a race war?

One word

RATINGS

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    One word

RATINGS
    If it bleeds, it leads.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    If it bleeds, it leads.

I had forgotten that one!

Mammy Guest
    I get that, but my God, it gives the entire situation the opposite meaning than really happened. Zimmerman never even mentioned Martin's race until he was asked by the dispatcher. Reporting lies like that could have easily got Zimmerman killed, too, because the way NBC reported it made it look like Zimmerman shot him just because he was black. Maybe Zimmerman is racist, but that phone call didn't prove it. It was all twisted around just for ratings.

I believe many of the supposed facts have been misleading to say the least. The only important details concerning this case seem to be based on fiction. I'm not taking sides and certainly not condoning murder. I am however waiting for the facts. Media outlets that intentionally spread lies that could cost a person their livelihood or even their life should face criminal charges. And for that matter the nbp should face charges for placing a bounty on someone. The entire organization should be treated as terrorists.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    TaupinJohn, you said everything that I wanted to say perfectly and saved me a lot of typing. It is horrible that this boy is dead and I feel sympathy for his parents, but I sure don't like the direction this is heading. I think Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are two of the most racist, shit-stirring media whores that have ever polluted this planet and when they show up to stick their noses into a case, I quickly lose interest and head right out the back door. They sure didn't care to show up when Channon Christian and Chris Newsom were brutally attacked and murdered, but they don't care when white people die. They both piss me off to no end.
    Mammy~ you get an A+ on this post!!!

endsleigh03 Guest
    More will come out but at the moment it still stands at:

1 adult male.

1 gun.

1 very dead kid.

If race played a part in this then hopefully they can suss that out, but unitl then this boy isn't coming back, and the flimsy Florida law that GZ is using for his defense of what happened needs to be flushed if this is how it is going to be used.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    More will come out but at the moment it still stands at:

1 adult male.

1 gun.

1 very dead kid.

If race played a part in this then hopefully they can suss that out, but unitl then this boy isn't coming back, and the flimsy Florida law that GZ is using for his defense of what happened needs to be flushed if this is how it is going to be used.
    I mentioned earlier in the thread that even Jeb Bush, who signed the law into effect said this is NOT what the law is about, nor what he envisioned when he signed it in.

And my opinion of Jeb is low, but I will give him props for that statement!!!

MetalHeadBettie Guest
    I agree with you on that one, Lisa. For Jeb to come out and say this is a gross misinterpretation of the law--that means something.

speedblurr Guest
    And Jeb is basing that off the same gross misinformation that 98% of the population is using. Just wait for all the facts folks.

Quote Originally Posted by speedblurr View Post
    And Jeb is basing that off the same gross misinformation that 98% of the population is using. Just wait for all the facts folks.

See post 569
    There are the facts

I'm still waiting for all of the facts. We certainly cannot deny that a man, a gun, and a dead kid are facts of the case. I'm going to assume that something of substance will eventually be released to the public. I've read enough on this case to know that the truth has yet to be proven. At this point the only other facts I see pertain to our current state as a society and the biased division therein.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I mentioned earlier in the thread that even Jeb Bush, who signed the law into effect said this is NOT what the law is about, nor what he envisioned when he signed it in.

And my opinion of Jeb is low, but I will give him props for that statement!!!
    I almost fell off my chair when Jeb stuck his toe in on this one.

I agree with you on that one, Lisa. For Jeb to come out and say this is a gross misinterpretation of the law--that means something.
    It does mean something. I didn't care much for him but still.

Quote Originally Posted by speedblurr View Post
    Just wanted to point out that whatever way this goes, there are people defending GZ (Like his dad) who very well may be spouting said gross misinformation as well.

There isn't any way to tell because only one of them is alive to talk now.

speedblurr Guest
    Just wanted to point out that whatever way this goes, there are people defending GZ (Like his dad) who very well may be spouting said gross misinformation as well.
    This is what I am saying. We don't know, and the police aren't going to gamble with charging this guy prematurely. They need to make a solid case, otherwise they will look like the whackos. Not to mention, if there is no clear cut evidence to convict him of it, they probably are not going to risk looking like fools that way either.

I understand a life was lost, and that particular law seems shady, but its the LAW. And if they can overlook it simply because people are holding rallies for this case, than why do we even have laws or law enforcement in the first place?

I don't mean to sound rude about it, but this type of stuff happens all the time. Just let it run its coarse. We cant change laws just because we don't want it to apply to this particular case.

Oh one more thing. If people are saying GZ seemed like a whacko because made calls 40+ times and had run-ins with NO CHARGES or convictions, isn't that stereotyping at its finest? Or do we not want that to apply this case so we will overlook that too.

CNN's reporting that they have done ANOTHER audio analysis of the 911 call, and that, in fact, Zimmerman did NOT say "fucking coons," but said "fucking punks." I swear, the truth is out there, and it's OBVIOUSLY not in the media.

lisalouver Guest

There isn't any way to tell because only one of them is alive to talk now.
    That sums it up

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/05/justic...html?hpt=hp_t1

This is the new enhanced where you can hear him say "punks" Before, it sounded like "coons"

Red Leary Guest
    Trayvon's Mom Wants to Trademark Her Son's Name.

"his mother's trademark applications are not meant to make money off the tragedy".........yeah right.

http://blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_lif...sons-name.html

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leary View Post
    Trayvon's Mom Wants to Trademark Her Son's Name.

"his mother's trademark applications are not meant to make money off the tragedy".........yeah right.

http://blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_lif...sons-name.html

Old news

Read upthread

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    some recent pics of Martin - not so innocent

Gangsta wannabe?

Or just trendy.

I run into kids sporting that look all the time, even in this small town and not a one of them is anyone to be afraid of. Some of them are really good kids in fact.

Kids who play darts terrify me.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

I thought the 2nd picture was determined to not be Trayvon?

Red Leary Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nightdiva View Post
    Gangsta wannabe?
    Yes i tend to agree,after having read his tweets as well........one less oxygen thief in the world,no great loss to mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by nightdiva View Post
    Gangsta wannabe?
    Up thread you will read that the last pic is not Trayvon Martin. Anyway, my nephew and some of my besties dress like this and they are decent guys. Whatevah, a wannabe is not always the same as a be. This was a kid who was blown off the earth by a shitbag. His life, any life--except for ye old ten thousand several monsters still living out there--is worth their oxygen and when they die, when their life is stolen, it is a horrible tragedy.
    Last edited by cindyt; 04-07-2012 at 07:20 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Up thread you will read that the last pic is not Trayvon Martin. Anyway, my nephew and some of my besties dress like this and they are decent guys. Whatevah, a wannabe is not always the same as a be. This was a kid who was blown off the earth by a shitbag. His life, any life--except for ye old ten thousand several monsters still living out there--is worth their oxygen and when they die, when their life is stolen, it is a horrible tragedy.
    Well said.

philbert_wormly Guest
    "Mother Jones" has a massive amount of information, uploads, and the like about this unfortunate situation.

http://motherjones.com/politics/2012...rtin-explained

The most far out one I've read thus far are all these weird-o 911 calls Zimmerman made while doing his Neighborhood Watch whatnot. He was, maybe, delusional or something?! I dunno. Man did everything short of calling 911 on a schoolgirl skipping rope.

http://motherjones.com/documents/327...1-call-history

lisalouver Guest
    Fucking WORD

PS my little brother, who is now almost 29 years old used to dress a bit "thuggish" in high school. He grew out of it. He has a Bachelors degree in Sociology and Corrections now, graduated magna cum laude. Dont judge a book by its cover, that old chestnut. You know.

TM may have grown out of it also if given the chance. I was into some pretty heavy stuff when I was that age. Probably alot worse than him. I learned lessons in life and have changed for the better. I truly wish Trayvon had that chance.

Hell, I was a hippie, but I grew out of that, went to collage, and all that.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

TheMysterian Guest
    NBC News fires producer of misleading edited version of George Zimmerman's 911 call

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1rNz3yJqe

Quote Originally Posted by TheMysterian View Post
    NBC News fires producer of misleading edited version of George Zimmerman's 911 call

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1rNz3yJqe
    Not surprised. Why someone would pull a stunt like that--even for ratings--is beyond me.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Hell, I was a hippie, but I grew out of that, went to collage, and all that.
    Hippies are cool. Well as long as you didn't run with the Manson clan . Lots of productive people had a wild youth. I still don't know all the details or whats true and not true with this case but damn 17 is just too young to die.

I think most people have a wild side to them. I know I did when I was in my teens and twenties. I got it out of my system, and grew up. I also believe had I not had that wild times, I wouldnt be the person I am today. And I am grateful to had them, and be past them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	538137_3746896310122_1207727908_33676279_1544477218_n.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	41894
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

^^ wheres the like button

Town Without Pity Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleRain View Post
    I think most people have a wild side to them. I know I did when I was in my teens and twenties. I got it out of my system, and grew up. I also believe had I not had that wild times, I wouldnt be the person I am today. And I am grateful to had them, and be past them.
    I have not been reading up on all the stuff on this case, but I agree with Belle, I was a bad wild child, grew out of it by my early 20s....my son and his friends dress the same as Trayvon, they are not killers or belong to a gang or anything like that....do they distrust older people, yes, but I think we all did that at one time or another. I've been waiting for all the facts....but just because he might have been in trouble, or a trouble maker does not make it right to be shot by what to me so far seems as someone who shouldn't have had a gun in the first place...At this point, I'm on Trayvon's side...but it could change.

Carrera_3.2 Guest
    I really think that NBC should identify the "producer" that was responsible for this. It really makes one think about, just how many other times that this "producer" may have used their "custom editing" to suit their own viewpoint, agenda, or bias, to sensationalize and incite the public with fictitious crap like this time It really does appear that they were really trying to make sure that race, was a prominent point?? C.
    Last edited by Carrera_3.2; 04-08-2012 at 12:22 AM.