Thread: Margaret Pellegrini - Munchkin from Wizard of Oz

Margaret Pellegrini - Munchkin from Wizard of Oz

We now only have two left. RIP Margaret.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...215456610.html

Conkeror Guest
    Wow, I'm surprised there are people still alive who starred in it, it was made so long ago. RIP Margaret.

Btw, that trailer for the IMAX 3D version at the end of the article looks brilliant.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Margaret and Reinhardt_1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	55583

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Margaret and Reinhardt_2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	55584

Since Scott just posted a Youtube video about the Munchkins, I dug into the old photos and found these of Margaret & Meinhardt (with his wife?). I cropped them to eliminate showing any other faces.

They were at the King of Prussia (PA) mall, along with some costumes props etc. courtesy of TCM. I wanted to ask if the rumor that Garbo visited the Munchkin set was true. Supposedly word got around the Studio that one of the little people actresses playing a Munchkin was a Garbo lookalike. Garbo supposedly visited the set, went up to the woman, took one look at her and left without saying a word.

The impression I got was that someone must've asked about the orgy rumors before I got there, because the personnel in charge were always hovering next to them. The atmosphere was kind of tense, but both of them were very nice. There was hardly anyone waiting to get their autographs, kind of sad in a way. All we really got to say was whose name we wanted the autographed photo made out to. It was summer, stuffy in there and those two poor souls were wearing those heavy costumes. No date on these photos, unfortunately.

Thank you for sharing.