Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Judy Garland

Judy Garland

It's so refreshing to be able to ask this and not be thought of as a ghoul: does anyone know if there there are any death pics of Judy Garland? Or Janis Joplin? When Judy sang, God spoke...sigh.

Guest Guest

Red face

[SIZE=3]I too have tried to find pics of Janis, but my mission failed. But here is a great link of celebrities in their darkest hour of death. Not for the faint of heart[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]http://www.celebritymorgue.com/[/SIZE]

GhostWorld Guest
    Thank you! Wow.. Marilyn looks nothing like Marilyn.

firegilnotguns Guest
    Oh yeah, I think THAT'S where I saw the Marilyn photo that I mentioned on her page, rather than the one I ended up posting.

erin Guest
    this will sound really gross, but the reason marilyn looks so, saggy, is because during the autopsy, Dr. Noguchi had to examine her brain, and in order to do that, he had to peel her face down to reach the skull. it made her look so distorted. they actually had to pull the skin at the base of her neck together together to tighten her face to make her look like marilyn again.

Btvs2678 Guest
    To Sweetsumthin : Thanks for that link. Like all of you it is nice to come here and talk about this stuff and not be thought of as crazy or morbid. I have been fasinated with celebrity death since I was little. The three things that fasinated me the most was Marilyn Monroe ( of course), HArry Houdini and the Titanic. My mom would say "What 6 year old asks these kind of questions?"

relander Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Btvs2678 View Post
    My mom would say "What 6 year old asks these kind of questions?"
    A very bright 6 year old I would say!

Guest Guest

YW

Quote Originally Posted by Btvs2678 View Post
    To Sweetsumthin : Thanks for that link. Like all of you it is nice to come here and talk about this stuff and not be thought of as crazy or morbid. I have been fasinated with celebrity death since I was little. The three things that fasinated me the most was Marilyn Monroe ( of course), HArry Houdini and the Titanic. My mom would say "What 6 year old asks these kind of questions?"

.............................................................................

Your very welcome, I too have been fascinated, which lead up to my Job Career as CSI/Forensics

Danny62 Guest
    I will have to check that pic out again. I wondered why she looked so terrible. I visited her grave in sept of this year. The only way I got to go was my wifes name is Natalie and they named her after Natalie wood so I told her she was buried there.

Did you all know that Hugh Hefner's crypt will be right next to Marilyns. I spoke with scott on the dearly departed tour when I took it in Sept and he said the crypt could go for a million easily today

I guess the reason Marilyn was buried at Westwood was because it was seculded and not popular at the time. Boy she attracted some famous people.

The awesome part about Westwood is its small and you are always seeing famous people. I remember when we parked I looked to my left and there was Rodney Dangerfields grave!!

Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post
    this will sound really gross, but the reason marilyn looks so, saggy, is because during the autopsy, Dr. Noguchi had to examine her brain, and in order to do that, he had to peel her face down to reach the skull. it made her look so distorted. they actually had to pull the skin at the base of her neck together together to tighten her face to make her look like marilyn again.

candleinthewind Guest
    Getting back to Judy, does anyone know why her death was deemed an accidental overdose as opposed to suicide? I thought she was having a fight with her husband and locked herself in the bathroom and took a bottle of pills.

Lisamarie Guest

Hello my peeps!

I feel so much better about myself reading these post and knowing there are people out there intrested in death like myself, my mom would say why do you have such a morbid facination....I just wanted to see what marilyn looked like dead? And other people .......I wonder if they have Judy Garland death pics ? I have always wondered about that. Also Lupe Valez....I seem to remeber seeing some hollywood bablyon movie and seeing a shot of an actress that was suppose to be her with her head in the toilet...also Marie Pervost the silent fiml star who dog ended up eating her after she died of an overdose. Im wondering has anyone found any pics of stars in dead? I ve seen marilyn....Im always trying to understand what happened that night...cause its shady. I think she looks peacful. Anyway happy I am on board with all of you my fellow death hags!

Catherine of Siena Guest
    We also wondered whether Judy actually euthanized herself. We heard from Marc Heron that she tried it in Hong Kong in 1964 but was rescued just in the nick of time.
    Discuss!

I think Judy's body just gave out and in her confusion took her dose (which was large), upon waking in the middle of the night. It was an accident even though it was inevitable.

erin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    Getting back to Judy, does anyone know why her death was deemed an accidental overdose as opposed to suicide? I thought she was having a fight with her husband and locked herself in the bathroom and took a bottle of pills.
    she had actually gone to bed that night and had woken up to use the bathroom. she just never came out. i don't think it was suicide. she loved her kids too much to do that to them.

candleinthewind Guest
    That would make sense then.

Catherine of Siena Guest
    I heard that with a drug addict - which Judy was - the amount required to get the 'effect' keeps increasing while at the same time the amount required to kill remains the same.

MPetro108 Guest
    I believe it was an accident. I think she was trying to numb away the pain and just went a little too far.

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine of Siena View Post
    I heard that with a drug addict - which Judy was - the amount required to get the 'effect' keeps increasing
    Yes, it's called building up a "tolerance."

Some Heroin addicts will wean themselves off of H intentionally when their habit becomes too expensive to maintain (i.e. they've built up such a tolerance that it takes more and more H to get high). Once they've been off it for a while, (a long while) they can start taking it again at lower (cheaper) dosages.

while at the same time the amount required to kill remains the same.
    Hmmm: I'm not sure about that. It would seem that if you're building up a tolerance, the amount of heroin needed to kill you would also need to be greater.

People who have been taking H for a long time can tolerate a much higher dosage with no illl effects than someone new to the drug (i.e. it won't kill them the way it would a new user).

Catherine of Siena Guest
    Last night we received chat messages on SKYPE from our ex-husband in Barcelona(the hot, well-built 36 year old Latino with the uncut sizemeat and huge low-hangers) who dumped us over 2 years ago. He wants us back again but we are not sure. We have sort of learned to live like a nun(sex-less, against our will, that is) and have just set up housekeeping as a single woman in Paris. Should we return to Barcelona and him?

ST Moron Guest

Hopelessly OT, Yet Quite Spectacularly Important!

Last night we received chat messages on SKYPE from our ex-husband in Barcelona(the hot, well-built 36 year old Latino with the uncut sizemeat and huge low-hangers) who dumped us over 2 years ago. He wants us back again but we are not sure.
    Of course he wants you back. That way, he can have his fun...and then dump you again a second time.

I know that sounds brutal, but you do realize that that's what's going to happen, right?

We have sort of learned to live like a nun(sex-less, against our will, that is)
    Well, then, I have to ask: do you actually leave the house from time to time? Or does a potential lover have the added obstacle of needing to break down your front door in order to sweep you into his arms?

Just asking!

Okay, all kidding aside: anyone I've ever met who complained about being alone generally didn't work at not being alone hard enough .

Are there classes you could take at the local university? Any local clubs or associations you could join? And how do you get around town? By bus? Private car? Please believe me that cycling is a great way to meet people (even if some of the people you encounter are ones you'd rather not meet).

and have just set up housekeeping as a single woman in Paris.
    Well how long, exactly, have you been there? One month? Three? How about giving yourself some time to settle in?

I know it seems paradoxical, but quite often people who are looking around hungrily for a relationship are the least likely to find one. How about doing some things you like in your spare time that involve other people and letting nature take its course?

In Other Words: relax and let the guys come to you.

Should we return to Barcelona and him?
    If you don't mind the idea of him dumping you all over again as soon as "something better" comes along then by all means go for it .

I know this sounds awful but: do you have low self-esteem? That's the only reason I can think of why someone would want to put themselves into the same situation again when they've been there before and know perfectly well that the guy in question...is a rat.

But I'm not you, so you'll have to decide what is best. Me, I decided long ago that I'm not going to hook up with time-wasters because life is just too short .
    Last edited by ST Moron; 10-06-2007 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Th' punk-chu-a-shun was eff'n with mah flow! Yowza!

Catherine of Siena Guest
    Thanks, Miss St Moron, you reminded us of things we need to remember and do. Yes, we are guilty of not 'doing the footwork'. A wise old Dutchman once said to us: "You're alone because you want to be alone".

Guest Guest
    Judy Garland: Bringing together sexless French girls and Spanish sizemeat since 1969.

candleinthewind Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Judy Garland: Bringing together sexless French girls and Spanish sizemeat since 1969.
    FAD for world peace.

Guest Guest
    Wow I was reading through this and didn't know whether to strip nekkid at the quote " Uncut manmeat and two low hangers" or go to the butcher and buy a 2 lb steak.

birdymama Guest

CelebrityMorgue.com

Cool site! Thanks for the link! Scott and Findadeath have a better collection tho...

leppchic Guest
    The picture of her being carried out of her house draped over someones shoulder does exist. I saw it once. I can't remember where, and I am searching for it now. But you can't tell it was her. She was draped over someones shoulder covered in a blanket just like Scott says in her bio. There were police there in the pic etc. I will keep looking for it.

Catherine of Siena Guest
    Hard to believe there is no photo of her in the coffin. How many thousands of people passed by it?

No kidding, Catherine! Please, if you find a photo..let me see!

HippieMama Guest
    Getting back to the whole tolerance issue, I know that with alcohol, in the end stage, your body actually starts to need less of the drug to get the desired effect. I think it is the same with quaaludes and barbs but I am not totally sure. Judy to me seems to have suffered from manic depression and the drug addiction that commonly goes along with it. I think she accidentally killed herself, just being careless.
    Did anyone see that movie, Me and My Shadow: Life with Judy Garland? There is a great scene in which she threatens to jump out of a hotel window to get out of paying her bill, asking the manager, "Do you want Dorothy to die in your hotel?" or something like that . . . pretty funny.
    But, alas, poor Judy. She's somewhere over the rainbow now, flying with the bluebirds.

Catherine of Siena Guest
    We met her twice, once in 1965 and the other time in 1967. Actually, she sort of just brused by us as she walked from dressing room to limo. But we do remember some things about it. We spoke some words to her in 1967(what an obnoxious child we were then) asking her if she had received our letter. She said "Yes, but I haven't read it yet". We persisted and asked if she would write us to which she chirped: "Of course!" and disappeared into the limo. We never heard from her.

I almost wet myself when I read on FAD that Judy sent Ginger Rogers a shaving mug after Judy got fired from The Barkleys of Broadway, beacuse she knew that Ginger was VERY sensitive about her abundance of peach fuzz! Oh, that Judy..what a prankster!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

towser Guest
    This is a fascinating document of Judy at her looniest:

http://www.counterpoint-music.com/specialties/judy.html

SecretSquirrel Guest
    Ha......sorry - just had to say - I was really engrossed in this thread, reading along and had a serious moment of confusion when all the sudden I'm reading about spainsh schlong and nun sex or something. For a moment I thought I had internet dementia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsumthin View Post
    Wow I was reading through this and didn't know whether to strip nekkid at the quote " Uncut manmeat and two low hangers" or go to the butcher and buy a 2 lb steak.
    OMG...I hear ya...this either got me very...ummmm...perky or I had one hell of a hot flash...lmao

I'd love to hear, "The Man That Got Away" when I'm dying....her voice is so comforting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Vicki Lester Guest

Judy Garland

Surprised there wasn't a thread already. Watched her 1967 interview with Barbara Walters on Youtube. Lorna sings "Downtown" and forgets the words. Judy denies using drugs or alcohol. You should see young Barbara on it.

firegilnotguns Guest
    There actually is a thread already; here it is: http://www.findadeath.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33

dbrian Guest
    Judy was great. I heard a story after Sinatra died that she was in a hotel room one time and was being beat up by some guy. She called Frank down in Florida--instead of the NYPD. Frank got on the phone and within minutes an army of cops stormed the room. Not sure if that's true or not--but its a good story. They were good friends in RL.

Judy Garland

She was one teriffic talent the best. She could sing and dance her heart out. It was told she was a good woman with a good heart. It saddens me that her downfall was Louis Mayers chicken soup. It was suppose to cure all ailments. The main ingrediant was good ole uppers. Has anyone ever heard of that before.

Daphne Guest

41. 11-04-2007, 10:21 AM

Noelle Page Guest
    Did anyone read the book by Mickey Deans, the last husband? Was he good or bad for her? Thoughts?

KMKSouthie2001 Guest
    At least one good thing resulted from Judy's death, the Stonewall riots! Revolutionizing the Gay Rights movement! Woo!

I did not know judy was a singer on bob hopes radio show,i mentioned it to the lady across the street,who responded oh,yeah!,she remembered it well.

wonder if exposure to bob caused some of her problems?
    Last edited by midnitelamp; 11-10-2007 at 05:32 PM. Reason: forget your troubles,come on get happy

MbalmR Guest
    Does anyone know if this is true? I heard or read somewhere that the song "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" is the song most re-done by the most performers/bands.

Also, I was watching JG sing it Friday night (gotta get my Wizard of Oz fix in for the year don'tcha know,) and aside from giving me chills--her voice was so beautiful--I was wondering about her kids........I wonder how they feel every year when they see that TWOO is on TV. Do they watch it I wonder? I wonder if it makes them feel sad in any way, or if they secretly celebrate a wonderful performance.

Dumb things to be wondering about I suppose, but these are the kinds of thoughts that go through my head when I'm sitting in the dark "pondering life."

Catherine of Siena Guest
    caused some of her problems?

Her problem was that she was an addict/alcoholic who was not in recovery.

janel Guest
    My mom passed away 4 years ago and I no longer remember the sound of her voice. I wish I had a movie/recording to listen to . I'll bet Judy's kids love having so many ways to remember their mother's voice and personality.

Catherine of Siena Guest
    Judy was the greatest homosexual icon of them all!

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Judy was the greatest homosexual icon of them all!

Seriously what is your problem? You seem to think everyone is a homosexual. Are you confused about your own sexuality or something?

KMKSouthie2001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post

Seriously what is your problem? You seem to think everyone is a homosexual. Are you confused about your own sexuality or something?
    I believe they were referring to the fact that Judy Garland is a major icon within the Gay Community, especially because the Stonewall Riots occurred on the day of her funeral, and are believed by many to have been caused or strongly influenced by the grief of Judy's death. Therefore, I agree with 'Catherine of Siena'. Here's some additional information regarding the topic:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_2419101160
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_riots

caused some of her problems?

Her problem was that she was an addict/alcoholic who was not in recovery.

evidently you never worked with bob.
    Last edited by midnitelamp; 11-12-2007 at 08:52 AM.