Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    George Bush and Barack Obama are terrorists. Our military bases are terrorist training camps.
    Add Cheney and you've nailed it.

Interesting perspective. http://thepotpapers.com/
    Last edited by McMorbid; 06-10-2014 at 01:55 PM.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

The Afghan Taliban have posted a pic on twitter.

http://theweek.com/article/index/264...ks-controversy
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    The Afghan Taliban have posted a pic on twitter.

http://theweek.com/article/index/264...ks-controversy
    Wow. I am not even sure what to say. The fact that his comrades testified before Congress tells me a lot about this individual. The fact that other soldiers lost their lives looking for him really pisses me off. These families have lost a loved one over someone who deserted his team.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    He's returned to active duty and the investigation is about to get turned up. I'm withholding judgment on this until I hear his side. There could be a lot more than meets the eyes here. This could be an undercover operation. http://news.msn.com/us/former-pow-be...e-duty-reports

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    one word: traitor.
    Amen to that! As a Marine Vet I think this guy should be taken out and shot by a firing squad!

^ I can dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    He's returned to active duty and the investigation is about to get turned up. I'm withholding judgment on this until I hear his side. There could be a lot more than meets the eyes here. This could be an undercover operation. http://news.msn.com/us/former-pow-be...e-duty-reports
    He needs to be in prison. Jackass.

In prison, Better yet Solitary......but with frequent visits from Bubba allowed. Although lube will not be provided by the taxpayers
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    In prison, Better yet Solitary......but with frequent visits from Bubba allowed. Although lube will not be provided by the taxpayers
    He can get the terrorists he hung out with all this time to buy him some.

He's a real life Catch 22

Glad to see that this young man will start to
    get into a normal life.( and so he should)

To hell with the Fox News people,
    He is a great guy as a POW just like
    John Mc Cain.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 07-14-2014 at 03:42 PM.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Glad to see that this young man will start to
    get into a normal life.( and so he should)

To hell with the Fox News people,
    He is a great guy as a POW just like
    John Mc Cain.

Great guy? I'm sure our soldiers would love to hear that. He deserted and his battle buddies were witness to it. He will NEVER have a normal life. My son serves overseas, Bergdahl is hated.
    Last edited by LLC; 07-15-2014 at 05:26 PM.

As his sorry ass should be.

I am real divided about this guy and feel there are not enough facts out there yet about what happened when this guy got separated from his unit. There are a lot of accusations but nobody really saw what happened. The government seems to be awfully protective of this soldier which leads me to believe that there is something more going on with this guy than they are telling us. It's puzzling. It looks at some point like he's going back on active duty. After several years of being held by the Taliban, I would have wanted my discharge and be far away from the military. I thought for awhile that he may have had a mental illness onset (before he got captured or whatever happened) and that his abrupt departure may have had something to do with that but then the Army most likely would have discharged him presently rather than have him serve some more.

MICHAEL TODD Guest
    I think this will be forgotten.i think he will be a double agent.what about the soldiers that were killed looking for him.real heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL TODD View Post
    I think this will be forgotten.i think he will be a double agent.what about the soldiers that were killed looking for him.real heroes.
    AMEN!

Isn't his father a nut case as well? I'll have to go look again...

Quote Originally Posted by sierrarose View Post
    I am real divided about this guy and feel there are not enough facts out there yet about what happened when this guy got separated from his unit. There are a lot of accusations but nobody really saw what happened. The government seems to be awfully protective of this soldier which leads me to believe that there is something more going on with this guy than they are telling us. It's puzzling. It looks at some point like he's going back on active duty. After several years of being held by the Taliban, I would have wanted my discharge and be far away from the military. I thought for awhile that he may have had a mental illness onset (before he got captured or whatever happened) and that his abrupt departure may have had something to do with that but then the Army most likely would have discharged him presently rather than have him serve some more.
    Yup to all that. This really does sound like some CIA undercover kind of shit. We gave the Taliban all those high ranked dudes so you know this guy was important. Very important for some reason. I mean everyone would have had to sign off on this exchange. They would have known about the desertion allegations. Yet they still went ahead with the exchange. I'm not ready to call this dude a hero. I'm also not ready to flush him down the toilet just yet. If it's found he deserted I'll be right there with a pitchfork.

Yup to all that. This really does sound like some CIA undercover kind of shit.
    If this was an undercover operation you would never have heard about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    If this was an undercover operation you would never have heard about it.
    Very true.....if it even got close to being exposed as a Black operation, Bergdahl would have been visited by a hellfire via drone
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by sierrarose View Post
    You make some really good points. The government does seem protective of him. I think the thing that makes me swing in the asshat direction is the testimony given to Congress by one of his fellow soldiers.
    Here is the video: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...-capitol-hill/.

Hopefully more information will come out that will change my mind.

He would like to go back to school.
    Looks like he wants to move on with his life.
    (Good for him)

Looks like the investigation has started.

Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    Great guy? I'm sure our soldiers would love to hear that. He deserted and his battle buddies were witness to it. He will NEVER have a normal life. My son serves overseas, Bergdahl is hated.
    Yes he is a great American, unlike cowards like Dick Cheney, George W. Bush or
    Ted Nugent.(chicken shit draft dodgers)

He served his Country the best way he could.
    (So yes he is a great guy)
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 08-09-2014 at 04:18 PM.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/25/politi...rges-decision/

He's been charged with desertion and misbehavior before the enemy.

"Bergdahl left his post in Afghanistan before being captured and held captive for five years. For that, he faces charges that carry a maximum penalty of life in a military prison, and he could also have to forfeit pay and be stripped for his rank, Army Col. Daniel King said as he announced the charges."
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/25/politi...rges-decision/

He's been charged with desertion and misbehavior before the enemy.

"Bergdahl left his post in Afghanistan before being captured and held captive for five years. For that, he faces charges that carry a maximum penalty of life in a military prison, and he could also have to forfeit pay and be stripped for his rank, Army Col. Daniel King said as he announced the charges."
    YES! Hope he rots.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

'bout time....and 3 of the 5 terrorists traded have returned to the militants. Great job Prez
    March 1934-July 2016

*Gets his pitchfork sharpener out*

He deserted his bro's in wartime and cost some of them their lives looking for him. I have no sympathy for him. 40 some odd years ago he wouldn't have made it to custody. YOU take the bullet to save your buddy's life.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

So we trade five terrorists for a guy that we are now prosecuting and faces life in prison? What sense does that make? We should have just left him there.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    He deserted his bro's in wartime and cost some of them their lives looking for him. I have no sympathy for him. 40 some odd years ago he wouldn't have made it to custody. YOU take the bullet to save your buddy's life.
    YEP!!!!!

I think they should send him back or give him to the troops to use for target practice. I can't believe after all this idiot has put this country through, they're probably going to spend a million bucks prosecuting him and then feeding and housing him for decades in prison.
    Minerva

fucking asshole. !@#$%

I've always liked Gary Sinise and now even more so:

Actor Gary Sinise, who played Lt. Dan in the iconic hit film “Forrest Gump,” is demanding that the White House explain its actions in trading five top level Taliban commanders for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl.

On Wednesday, Bergdahl was finally charged with desertion and misbehavior before the enemy — after Obama outrageously forced the Pentagon to delay those charges for months.Sinise took to Twitter to say the Obama administration owes an explanation not just to the nation, but especially to the families of the 6 soldiers who died looking for Bergdahl.

more:

http://toprightnews.com/?p=8835
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I've always liked Gary Sinise and now even more so:

Actor Gary Sinise, who played Lt. Dan in the iconic hit film “Forrest Gump,” is demanding that the White House explain its actions in trading five top level Taliban commanders for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl.

On Wednesday, Bergdahl was finally charged with desertion and misbehavior before the enemy — after Obama outrageously forced the Pentagon to delay those charges for months.Sinise took to Twitter to say the Obama administration owes an explanation not just to the nation, but especially to the families of the 6 soldiers who died looking for Bergdahl.

more:

http://toprightnews.com/?p=8835

First of all Gary Sinise is a rabid right wing shit bag cocksucker. Second, toprightnews? I'm sure that's a reputable and balanced blog of stupid cocksuckers. Third, he already did explain it. Fourth, who the fuck is has been Gary Sinise to demand anything from the president of the united states?

endsleigh03 Guest
    Just looked at the first 5 pages of TopRight. No thanks.

Totally slanted to the bad.

Here is a link to a facebook post to Obama written by the wife of a soldier who was shot and paralyzed while looking for Berghdal while he was AOL:

http://toprightnews.com/?p=8866
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    Here is a link to a facebook post to Obama written by the wife of a soldier who was shot and paralyzed while looking for Berghdal while he was AOL:

http://toprightnews.com/?p=8866
    This is the problem with the internet. People get "News" catered to their political beliefs rather than the truth. If you did any kind of fact checking you would learn that not all of the Taliban traded were high ranked. One was. You'd also know that they are not back in circulation. In fact they are ALL under house arrest in Qatar. The Pentagon has not confirmed 6 people died searching for Bergdahl. In fact not even one soldier has been confirmed to have died searching for him. This is the exact reason why people like me intensely dislike people like you. For some real facts rather than made up fantasies please read the article posted below.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...0150326?page=2

not all of the Taliban traded were high ranked. One was.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...0150326?page=2
    They were all high ranked. Not one of them was a foot soldier. They were all in a leadership position at one time or another.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/31/us/ber...ees/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    If people died looking for him he will have to answer for that but who is going to answer to the idea what we shouldn't be there anyway? What did the people of Afghanistan do to us?
    U.S. troops are in Afghanistan to provide security for the UN-recognized government, at the invitation of said government. In addition to military assistance, since 9/11, the U.S. alone has spent more rebuilding the country in inflation-adjusted terms than was spent on the Marshall Plan.

On 9/11, Afghanistan was a failed state, and it would quickly return to that status if the U.S. and other outside powers abandoned it, as they did in the Nineties. Regional hegemons like Iran and Pakistan would be sure to fill the vacuum.

Bowe would sure appreciate it if Pres Obama could sign a pardon on his way out of the White House.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38197204
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

43. 12-27-2017, 09:05 PM