Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5121314151623 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitney Houston

sicksteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MinLynn View Post
    Never thought of it as a whoo drug either, honestly. However, when I first started taking it, it did give me a very loopy feeling and some people love the stuff and think it's the greatest. I'm not surprised to hear it was JUST xanax as was first being reported becaues I just knew that didn't make sense unless she took a whole damn bottle of the stuff. I can take 4 at a time and have no effects (other than less anxiety) from it.
    I've never heard of a whoo drug. But I can say some of these medications have legitimate medicinal purposes that far outweigh the repercussions of celebrity death dramas. The sad fact is society seems to absorb the media's hysterical abstinence fervor when there's some tragedy.

It's amazing to me how Whitney's cousin Dionne Warwick - who made millions of dollars with her "Psychic hotlines" back in the day, couldn't warn Whitney about a possible deadly bath...

mstee2u1972 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sicksteve View Post
    No one is lamenting her or your grieving process. The irony is how the media is jumping all over the supposed abusive nature of legal prescription medication while Whitney's daughter is taken to the hospital twice for panic attacks.

Maybe the clondine worked for you. And like addiction treatment, if an initial ER visit didn't for the daughter, frequent flier visits definitely won't.
    Um--I believe you are referring to another poster who stated they took Clonidine (sp?). Not me.

Becca Guest
    Her friend Robyn wrote an article on Whitney for Esquire already. So much for falling off the face of the earth and resurfacing.

http://www.esquire.com/the-side/musi...ouston-6654718

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    Her friend Robyn wrote an article on Whitney for Esquire already. So much for falling off the face of the earth and resurfacing.

That.Was.Amazing.

All these people talking about drugs — well, a lot of people take drugs, and they're still around. Whitney isn't, because you never know the way the wind blows.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I actually just came in here to laugh about the fact that I'm downloading some Whitney songs right now. Oh now I'm just sad about it.

Thanks for posting that. And welcome to the board.

Pryncis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I actually just came in here to laugh about the fact that I'm downloading some Whitney songs right now. Oh now I'm just sad about it.
    I was listening to a Baha'i radio station that plays light jazz and easy listening type stuff while I was doing my homework earlier. A Whitney Houston song came on and everyone in here with me just got silent and listened. Where there was once a time when I would turn the radio up and sing along even though my voice was no comparison, today, I just sat there and listened and tried to remember where I was or what I was doing when I first heard the song. Three songs in a row were played and me and my neighbors just sat there and listened... Bittersweet memories...

majcm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tjoy View Post
    IMO THE BEST Star Spangled Banner EVER!!21

Agree 110 PERCENT TJOY!!! THis is the video I posted to my F/B immediately after I heard. My favorite performace of hers AND my favorite performace of the Anthem (Marvin Gaye's come close, but it's different) This is how the song was written to be sung without all the added changes in vocals people do nowadays. She had so much passion for the song, too, it brings chills! Thanks for posting!!

Red, are you a fan of Denis Leary? Love the poem. My money is on Lindsay.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

So Whitney dies and it becomes the talk of the town. We all watch the same local news station which states that the autopsy's been done but no results released yet. Some people saying that because the tox results haven't been released yet, the autopsy hasn't been done. Explaining this stuff to the uninitiated is a pain in the ass.

RIP Whitney.

OK, if the Psychic Friends Network comment is up, I'm adding this knowing full well I will burn in Hell...
    Let's hope that Whitney doesn't haunt the bathroom like the lady in The Shining.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Pryncis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    So Whitney dies and it becomes the talk of the town. We all watch the same local news station which states that the autopsy's been done but no results released yet. Some people saying that because the tox results haven't been released yet, the autopsy hasn't been done. Explaining this stuff to the uninitiated is a pain in the ass.

RIP Whitney.
    This is exactly why I love our FAD community here. People are so knowledgeable here, and willing to take the time to explain small details like why and how something has been said. People here have such awesome ways of putting two and two together and getting info before it seems like the news has. Didn't someone here say she was found in the tub and only had to make one phone call to get that info and the news didn't even have it yet? Makes me proud to be a Death Hag!

Bbeelzebub Guest
    Interesting. I think many were waiting for Robyn to speak..... but I don't think that is what people were wanting her to say. She kept it classy, which is commendable, but I think people were hoping for a lil' something juicier.

If anybody is curious as to what Robyn Crawford looks like, here is a picture: http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...-photo/3343431

I'm sure you've all heard the rumors, the stories about Robyn being jealous, etc, what Bobby Brown said was the reason he felt Whitney married him in the first place..... I'm not convinced Whitney was a sapphic sister, but it all does add up to why she might have cut Robyn off, as she says.

Last edited by Bbeelzebub; 02-14-2012 at 12:46 AM.

CORONERGAL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    OK, if the Psychic Friends Network comment is up, I'm adding this knowing full well I will burn in Hell...
    Let's hope that Whitney doesn't haunt the bathroom like the lady in The Shining.
    EEEKKKKKKK!!!!!!! I'm heading off to bed and that image has now popped into my head! Thanks! So much!!!

She was quite a beauty and it's just sad to see pics of her downward spiral. Along with others here, I hope against hope that her daughter doesn't skip down that road. I'm really hoping that despite the parents she had she manages to keep herself addiction-free.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Celebs found dead in Bathroom
    Elvis Presley
    Judy Garland
    Brittany Murphy
    Jim Morrison
    Brittany Murphy's Husband (non Celeb)
    Orville Reddinbacher (hot tub)
    It just pisses me off when they bring up the Fact "Elvis died taking a Shit"
    You don't pick where you Die!
    & now Whitney Houston!
    I bet theere won't be jokes about her, like Elvis for 35 years

Lenny Bruce was also found naked in le bathroom w/ a needle n his arm

So TMZ posted a photo of Whitney's water filled bath tub not too long ago.
    Going a bit off track to rant but good lord I can't stand the comments on that site. "you have crossed the line TMZ! I'm never coming back here, you guys are sick! Take this down!" etc.
    You know damn well what type of site it is, & you know why you keep coming back. Does it make people feel that uneasy their curiosity got the best of them that they must continuously act shocked & lash out when these photos are put up?

Anyways, fairly detailed pic.
    â??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.â? - Michael Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by norah View Post
    Going a bit off track to rant but good lord I can't stand the comments on that site. "you have crossed the line TMZ! I'm never coming back here, you guys are sick! Take this down!" etc.
    You know damn well what type of site it is, & you know why you keep coming back. Does it make people feel that uneasy their curiosity got the best of them that they must continuously act shocked & lash out when these photos are put up?

I was sniggering at that as well. I don't necessarily want to see her body, but i love all the pics coming out, hotel room, bath room death tub (dun dun duuuun), just like I like seeing the letter boxes
    And because of these kind of details, i now know what a Jalapenos is, and that you can eat them ( who knew!)
    Last edited by Byronmarco; 02-14-2012 at 02:43 AM.

Vicki Lester Guest
    Has anyone said what the room number is?

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki Lester View Post
    Has anyone said what the room number is?
    I read it was Room 434

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ion-drugs.html

Quote Originally Posted by majcm View Post
    Agree 110 PERCENT TJOY!!! THis is the video I posted to my F/B immediately after I heard. My favorite performace of hers AND my favorite performace of the Anthem (Marvin Gaye's come close, but it's different) This is how the song was written to be sung without all the added changes in vocals people do nowadays. She had so much passion for the song, too, it brings chills! Thanks for posting!!

I agree majcm. Whitney's was by far the best vocal performance of the anthem. She sang it with grace, dignity, and respect. That's something I can't say about Christina Aguilera's version not so long ago. My favorite vocal version of the anthem is Whitney's. My favorite instrumental/non-vocal performance was Hendrix at Woodstock 69 because it had a different meaning in that generation. His is the one I listen to most.

Quote Originally Posted by Byronmarco View Post
    Good find. I was curious about that myself.
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Klopek View Post
    Just follow Al Sharpton, He'll have a full entourage and camera crew to document his visit and pose next to the casket.
    Lol. Him & Jesse Jackson.

Awesome link Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by norah View Post

Wait what? I didn't see it...off to find.

Here ya go...

Thank God nothing in there except ...a gravy boat. Whew! All normal.

That's some clean ass water for a dead person being in it.

The aunt who tried to save her: http://www.tmz.com/videos/0-mwyhbcu3/?adid=rr_raw_uncut Note: Quickly hit pause at end of clip to avoid annoying former Jersey Shore cast member. You're welcome.

And as long as I am trading my soul, I'll post more pics. God forgive me.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronmarco View Post
    OMG! 4 x 3 x 4 = 48, which is the age she was when took her final plunge with the USS Gravy Boat!

Who says numerology is bunk?

Her room number was a prophecy, people! Let the skeptics put that in their Dionne Warwick and smoke it!

Lots of cool pics of the death scene. We were really lucky to have a quick thinking and sly enough photog to get into the room to take all those photos! It's pretty rare when we do.

I can only bet a death pic will be floating around eventually with all the pics that have been coming out.

Whitney died with the munchies - a hambuger, fries, a turkey sandwich and jalepeno poppers? BURP! Blub, blub, blub...

Hopefully it'll be a open-casket funeral.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Lots of cool pics of the death scene. We were really lucky to have a quick thinking and sly enough photog to get into the room to take all those photos! It's pretty rare when we do.

I can only bet a death pic will be floating around eventually with all the pics that have been coming out.

Whitney died with the munchies - a hambuger, fries, a turkey sandwich and jalepeno poppers? BURP! Blub, blub, blub...

Hopefully it'll be a open-casket funeral.
    I wonder . . . was the gravy for the hamburger or for the turkey sandwhich? Both seem equally weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    I wonder . . . was the gravy for the hamburger or for the turkey sandwhich? Both seem equally weird to me.
    Says the gravy boat was for olive oil she used as a moisturizer...

normajean Guest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHJKB..._order&list=UL

This is a link to the Oprah interview with Whitney in 2009 - very insightful.

She comes across as a very bright, articulate, self-aware lady and just incredibly sad that she ended up marrying that loser Bobby Brown.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    Says the gravy boat was for olive oil she used as a moisturizer...
    Oh thank God, I was afraid it was maybe something weird!

rjbrasher Guest
    i see a dumped over ash tray with cig butts on the ground in the bathroom floor pic. I didn't know she smoked. you can see some butts next to the food basket, 1 by the razor and like 1 peaking out of the upside down cig tray

I know I shouldn't laugh at other peoples fortunes, but the more I read about her demise, the more ( and I hate to say it) Slapstick it's sounding. Did anyone see the episode of Frasier When Roz is talking about Lupe Vélezs final moments. This is kind of the way it's going in my head for Whitney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhRMLejcCWQ
    Last edited by Byronmarco; 02-14-2012 at 06:01 AM.

Oh thank God, I was afraid it was maybe something weird!
    Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by rjbrasher View Post
    i see a dumped over ash tray with cig butts on the ground in the bathroom floor pic. I didn't know she smoked. you can see some butts next to the food basket, 1 by the razor and like 1 peaking out of the upside down cig tray
    Did you see the bathroom pics from a few years ago? The one from her drug binge where she locked herself in for days (RIP whit)...Butts everywhere. On BB's reality show she smoked too.
    So much for a smoke free establishment in the BH Hotel!

rjbrasher Guest
    oh wow no i never saw that pic i will have to go dig for it.

Yea i thought the same thing lol i was like i bet she was in a non smoking room but smoked in there anyways

Lmao.

Did you see the bathroom pics from a few years ago? The one from her drug binge where she locked herself in for days (RIP whit)...Butts everywhere. On BB's reality show she smoked too.
    So much for a smoke free establishment in the BH Hotel!

Klopek Guest
    The pic shows a meal on a tray in the bathroom, I have a feeling TMZ is just speculating on who ate what. Maybe the Hairdresser or bodyguard ate the burger and fries-who really knows.

I didn't think she smoked either, could that be pot? If she had the munchies, you would think the food would have absorbed some of the pills/alcohol but maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by rjbrasher View Post
    oh wow no i never saw that pic i will have to go dig for it.

Yea i thought the same thing lol i was like i bet she was in a non smoking room but smoked in there anyways
    Going to hell anyway so hear ya go...And to cover my bases I'll throw in a ...RIP Whitney!

Lemme find a bigger sink pic...

Last edited by LLC; 02-14-2012 at 06:41 AM.

Klopek Guest
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whitney_houston.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	41412

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbeelzebub View Post
    Interesting. I think many were waiting for Robyn to speak..... but I don't think that is what people were wanting her to say. She kept it classy, which is commendable, but I think people were hoping for a lil' something juicier.

If anybody is curious as to what Robyn Crawford looks like, here is a picture: http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...-photo/3343431

I'm sure you've all heard the rumors, the stories about Robyn being jealous, etc, what Bobby Brown said was the reason he felt Whitney married him in the first place..... I'm not convinced Whitney was a sapphic sister, but it all does add up to why she might have cut Robyn off, as she says.
    Robyn left Whitney, not the other way around. Robyn left when Whit got into the drugs

lisalouver Guest
    Theres no doubt Whitney smoked, but I think that came later on... the new reports since she died have likened her to being unkempt and smelling of alcohol and cigarettes. And you know what? Sadly, I believe it

lisalouver Guest
    Good God LLC, those pics are so so bad. When and where were those?

She smoked Newports it looked like.

It was an "open secret" that Whitney was Gay/Bi whatever. I have heard from other folks that before she got really famous, she used to frequent the Gay clubs in New York and New Jersey. I remember seeing a blurb in a tabloid a few years back about Bobby blurting out in a NA meeting that his wife was Gay!

That article by Robyn Crawford was a big yawner. No dirt...

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Good God LLC, those pics are so so bad. When and where were those?
    I believe 2008ish...They are taken in her personal in bathroom in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    She smoked Newports it looked like.

It was an "open secret" that Whitney was Gay/Bi whatever. I have heard from other folks that before she got really famous, she used to frequent the Gay clubs in New York and New Jersey. I remember seeing a blurb in a tabloid a few years back about Bobby blurting out in a NA meeting that his wife was Gay!

That article by Robyn Crawford was a big yawner. No dirt...
    She adamantly denied it in the press, of course
    ... Who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
    I had no idea Bobbi Christina was drugging too. Wonder if this will snap her out of it. If someone wants to make the choice to use and be addicted to drugs, I don't care. That's their business. What I do care about is when they hurt and negatively affect the people around them. I personally don't get that whole lifestyle, but to each their own. I mourn the loss of the 1980s Whitney Houston. To me, she died a long time ago.
    well said
    w

Rosebud666 Guest
    She adamantly denied it in the press, of course
    ... Who knows...
    And the moral of the story?

Girlfriend should have helped herself to more lesbian sex and fewer drugs.

Of course, Father Pat back behind the bar disagrees, but I never listen to him when he's drunk.

Town Without Pity Guest
    What sort of jokes do you mean? Ones like this?

Q. Why was Whitney Houston in the bathtub when she died?
    A. It was just another failed attempt to get clean.

Yeah I know, I'm going to Hell anyway, so there!
    LOL Rosebud, that hell in a hand basket is getting bigger every day...lol..move over.

havoc Guest
    When they said she was found in the bath tub, I immediately thought overdose. Don't people sometimes put those who have OD'd in the tub with ice to shock them back? That's the first thing I thought of....