Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 29101112132060 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitney Houston

RaRaRamona Guest
    I wonder if she was just bummed out about valentine's day?

I agree that her daughter a drama queen but sheesh so were BOTH her parents. You'd think the hangers on could control an outburst by now.

stacebabe Guest
    I have an amazing family on my dad's side. I actually moved out of my mom's house and in with my dad when I was 11, by choice. She wasn't "bad" by then, but she had the moving bug, and I was tired of changing schools all the time, so I just moved in with my father. When she moved home to where she was from, South Boston, that's when she went downhill, all in the course of a couple of years. The sad part is I have a sister 10 years younger than me, and she only remembers the worst years of our moms life. I fill her in that she was the bright spot, but it's hard, she was only 7 when mom died. Her dad died when she was 14, but thankfully, she's only a social drinker, and wants no part of drugs at all. I think moving in with her dad at such a young age, and his HUGE Cuban family taught her much different coping strategies. But, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Agreed. It is sad. If only she had realized this could have happened before it was too late. It might be too late for her daughter. I am glad you were able to dig yourself out.

stacebabe Guest
    You mean like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0isvS19AGs

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I wonder if she was just bummed out about valentine's day?

I agree that her daughter a drama queen but sheesh so were BOTH her parents. You'd think the hangers on could control an outburst by now.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rararamona View Post
    i wonder if she was just bummed out about valentine's day?

I agree that her daughter a drama queen but sheesh so were both her parents. You'd think the hangers on could control an outburst by now.
    lol, word

RaRaRamona Guest
    Here's the doody bubble! http://www.medicinefilms.com/pill/191180

Klopek Guest

A tub at the Beverly Hilton.

THIS IS NOT THE TUB WHITNEY DIED IN, well it could be. This is a tub at the Beverly Hilton. I've seen the photos of this hotel inside and out and don't find it to be anything spectacular, it's no Dive but certainly not 5 star either. I prefer Westin myself but this hotel is all about location. The photo is from Tripadvisor taken by a guest at the Beverly Hilton.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beverly tub.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	41398  

stacebabe Guest
    Holy mother of God. I totally forgot about the doody bubble!!! Honestly, they were more perfect together than any of us thought.

Town Without Pity Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KCBee View Post
    I so agree with your assessment! Free your mind and the rest will follow.
    Free your Mind....one of my favorite songs, I wish everyone would listen to it

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    For starters!

Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    Holy mother of God. I totally forgot about the doody bubble!!! Honestly, they were more perfect together than any of us thought.
    Black love!

stacebabe Guest
    It's all coming back to me now, watching that show. My biggest thing I remember was her being an ass to her fans, and I remember wishing I could unsee that, because she always seemed so classy.

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    I can hear it now:
    "The cocaine in Spain is imported mostly by Plane."
    This just made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Im sure Im gonna get flamed for this, but her daughter is a drama queen. I am sorry. She was doing cocaine and just a few days ago was paryting with her mom. Shes an adult and should act like one.

I lost my Mom suddenly as well - so I can see how it is a shock, but come on
    Yeah I was her age when my dad had his stroke. I had to get on with my life. That's a cry for attention, especially that fast. Shock comes first, not "oh lord get me my smelling salts!"

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Geraldo just called Bobby Brown "malignant"
    Geraldo would know.

stacebabe Guest
    The big difference is, the majority of us that can say, "We've been through it!" -- we're not in the public eye. We're not children of one of the most beloved singers, and one of the most hated men of all time. Not one of us can expect to know how her daughter feels. She's got a huge burden coming. She's surely going to inherit all of Whitney's estate, which will only grow larger. And she's got a leech for a father who is always a few towns away from me in court for back child support. I don't think it's fair to pick on how she's reacting. I just don't. And as an only child, who else does she have that feels exactly as she does about Whitney? Nobody. I am my father's only child, and he's beloved by the community, and I'm grateful for that, but nobody feels about him like his only child does. I think it's time we show her some sympathy.

who called it about who sings whitney at the grammy's?!

lisalouver Guest
    We all feel a little bit differently, its no big deal. Like I said, shes an adult, and has shown her own issues already. I feel bad for anyone who loses their parent (no matter what their age) but she gets no sympathy from me because she is the adult daughter of a celeb. Bobbi is NOT an only child. As I stated before, she has plenty of half siblings.

I believe that she will delve deeper into her own addictions on an immediate basis.

stacebabe Guest
    I think her coping mechanisms were shown to her by her parents, and she's still so young to lose her mother. That's all. I have a half sibling, but mine was 7 years old when our mother died. I doubt all of Bobby's kids were as close to Whitney as she was. All I'm saying is I don't want to kick her when she's down. We all react different, and it's HARD being an only. Half's on the other side aren't as much comfort when the full has passed. It's nobody's fault, it just is.

I dunno...I guess we all grieve in our own ways. Either way, losing a parent young sucks. I was 24 when my mom died. Certainly not as young as some, but on the flip side, my husband's grandmother is in her '70s and she just lost her 90-something-year-old mother a year or so ago. So in that respect, I was pretty young, and I had to spend most of the viewing and funeral doped up on clonopin, even though it was expected. But I'm also an only child, so that's likely a factor...I can't even imagine how I'd deal with something happening to my father now. At any rate, I kinda feel like it's unfair to judge someone's grieving process without being in their heads. I feel for her.

lisalouver Guest
    I was an only child until I was 16 years old. I have a full brother who is 16 years my junior. When my Mom died he took it harder because he was younger I suppose. But as far as judging others grieving process, I graduated with a mortuary degree, so I know a little bit more about the girieving process than the average bear. That being said, its all opinions here and the liklihood of Bobbi coming here and seeing our comments and caring is pretty low. But working in the death biz for many years and seeing all kinds of deaths, grieving, children without parents, etc my opinion is she is acting way too dramatic and will continue to drug. As I said, she has siblings. She has family. She has a grandmother (Whitneys mom) and much support. It will be interesting to see how she uses it.

MorbidChrissy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Challinor View Post
    Chrissy .."Hooked up" ? - unfortunate turn of phrase given the potential circumstances of her death
    Oh, I never really thought of drugs and the phrase "hooked up" going together. Maybe "hooked on". Hooked up as in they had sex, had a physical relationship.

It totally blows to lose your mother. I lost mine almost 10 years ago to "acute ethanol poisining" which is basically saying she drank herself to death. She was an alcoholic most of her life. My father died when I was 2 months from my 18th birthday of lung cancer. Being an orphan bites.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidChrissy View Post
    Oh, I never really thought of drugs and the phrase "hooked up" going together. Maybe "hooked on". Hooked up as in they had sex, had a physical relationship.
    I think he meant like she hanged herself. Or hooked herself. heehee

MorbidChrissy Guest
    So they're saying she might've drowned in the tub after taking a combination of prescription pills? What a terrible way to die. Such a stupid mistake. You're knocked out and don't know that you're dying. I can't wait to see the autopsy results.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I'm so sad thinking about her head going under & her feet up in the air. I kinda wish I hadn't read so soon.

I'm so sad thinking about her head going under & her feet up in the air. I kinda wish I hadn't read so soon.
    if it helps, I doubt her feet went up in the air.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    if it helps, I doubt her feet went up in the air.
    I read it. The hairstylist said it I think? Let me look around a little.

I know...the visual is haunting. I wonder how the whole being in the tub thing went down...The hairdresser said after an hour they checked on her?

I read it. The hairstylist said it I think? Let me look around a little.
    really?! holy chit.

while looking, I found this: http://www.wikifeet.com/Whitney_Houston

RaRaRamona Guest
    http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/12/whitne...ub-underwater/
    Whitney Houston was found in the bathtub of a Beverly Hills hotel yesterday ... with her face underwater ... people close to Whitney tell TMZ.

According to our sources, her stylist, hairdresser and two bodyguards were among the people in the room at the time. We're told they became worried about Whitney because she had been in the bathroom for over an hour and it was time to start getting ready for the Clive Davis party.

Our sources say they began to knock on the door and there was no answer. We're told the hairdresser, who is female, went in to check on Whitney. She immediately screamed and, according to our sources, one of the bodyguards came running in and pulled her out of the tub.

We're told Whitney's face was below the water and her legs were up ... like she had slid down the back of the tub.

According to our sources, her body was very cold and the bodyguard attempted CPR. That's when hotel security was called.

Paramedics arrived shortly thereafter, but Whitney was pronounced dead at 3:55 PM.

RaRaRamona Guest
    really?! holy chit.

while looking, I found this: http://www.wikifeet.com/Whitney_Houston
    Egads!!

...We're told Whitney's face was below the water and her legs were up ... like she had slid down the back of the tub....
    wow that's crazy. I would think you'd just slump down in the water. feet sticking up seems cartoonish. my bad.

Egads!!
    I know, right?

RaRaRamona Guest
    wow that's crazy. I would think you'd just slump down in the water. feet sticking up seems cartoonish. my bad.

Thanks for trying to make me feel better anyway

RaRaRamona Guest
    She was pretty tall...so maybe her feet were on top of the tub...maybe if they'd been at the foot of the tub she'd have stayed above water? Nah I guess not bc her knees would have bended.

desertangel Guest
    I don't understand, if she died before she got water in her lungs, how did the water get there? I thought when you died you quit breathing. What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
    I don't understand, if she died before she got water in her lungs, how did the water get there? I thought when you died you quit breathing. What am I missing here?
    Well if she passed out or was under heavy sedation (i.e. xanax and alcohol combined), she could have slipped under the water and drowned.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Forever-27 Guest
    So if RaRas post is right shed been dead at least an hour before this hairdresser walked in. Leave it to the hairdresser to find the body

She was pretty tall...so maybe her feet were on top of the tub...maybe if they'd been at the foot of the tub she'd have stayed above water? Nah I guess not bc her knees would have bended.
    I wonder if she hadnt drowned could she have been saved... All the questions...

And the foot site. Lmao. Wtf?

lisalouver Guest
    I have heard some conflicting stories coming in. I heard on CNN tonight that the BH PD has placed a "hold" on the autopsy results until they finish their investigation. They claim this is quite common. I dunno, as long as I have worked in death investigation, I never heard of them placing a hold on autopsy results.... if its a homicide, they will sometimes say, go ahead and say its a homicide, but dont release the mechanism (knife wounds, gun shot, strangulation, etc) until we catch our bad guy. If the Medical Examiner waited on autopsy results to be released until the every police department finished their investigation, our jobs would NEVER end!

Also interesting to note is that they are saying she had water in her lungs, but stopped short of saying she drowned. You can only get water in your lungs if you are breathing. She could have been unconcious when she entered the water.... but if you die before the water, no water in lungs. I read she was facedown in the water as well.

The Medical Examiner and the police already know her manner and cause of death believe me. They are holding onto it for some reason.

If all that has been said is correct, her death will be classified as accidental, with drowing as the cause secondary to acute intoxication from (whatever drugs are in her system)

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    So if RaRas post is right shed been dead at least an hour before this hairdresser walked in. Leave it to the hairdresser to find the body
    It's confusing. Did she take xanax right before the tub, got in & fell unconscious? You have to take quite a bit of xanax to be out cold. I take it since heart surgery & man I might have high tolerance but to be in a semi coma? It's a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I have heard some conflicting stories coming in. I heard on CNN tonight that the BH PD has placed a "hold" on the autopsy results until they finish their investigation. They claim this is quite common. I dunno, as long as I have worked in death investigation, I never heard of them placing a hold on autopsy results.... if its a homicide, they will sometimes say, go ahead and say its a homicide, but dont release the mechanism (knife wounds, gun shot, strangulation, etc) until we catch our bad guy. If the Medical Examiner waited on autopsy results to be released until the every police department finished their investigation, our jobs would NEVER end!

Also interesting to note is that they are saying she had water in her lungs, but stopped short of saying she drowned. You can only get water in your lungs if you are breathing. She could have been unconcious when she entered the water.... but if you die before the water, no water in lungs. I read she was facedown in the water as well.

The Medical Examiner and the police already know her manner and cause of death believe me. They are holding onto it for some reason.

If all that has been said is correct, her death will be classified as accidental, with drowing as the cause secondary to acute intoxication from (whatever drugs are in her system)
    Ah, yes. So it's possible she could have been saved if someone had checked on her before an hour passed.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    Ah, yes. So it's possible she could have been saved if someone had checked on her before an hour passed.
    Yes, absolutely if drowning is indeed what she died of (and it sounds like it will be)

I would assume some water may get into the lungs through the nostrils if her head was under water after death (and depending how long her head was submerged). It's not clear yet if the amount of water in her lungs could have caused the drowning. Any experts here can chime in if my theory is right.
    Cindy

Ghostyhead Guest

RaRaRamona Guest
    I notice she often wore foundation that was much too light

NOVSTORM Guest
    She is broke it was on the news earlier today that someone paid he back house payments for her and nthat Bobby and her went thru 100 million dollars on drugs.This was way before she drowned. They thinkn she drowned. There was ni illegal drugs in the room. YA know coke fucks with your heart. It damages it and people can die from coke abuse years after they stopped using. RIP WH. I l;iked her voice and her acting but she went to hell in a flash with the help of Brown

lisalouver Guest
    She looked terribly out of shape in those last photos taken the night before she died

The link that Ghostyhead provided had a lot of information in it. It stated there were bottles of Valium, ativan and xanax. All THREE of those are benzos and I cannot believe she would take them all - Good GOD

lisalouver Guest
    I notice she often wore foundation that was much too light
    Her pics when she was on top of her game, her skin was much darker, in the later pics, her skin is lighter, seems uneven and has a lot of scarring (acne?) or perhaps picking at her skin like the meth folks do. Sad

Town Without Pity Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    It's confusing. Did she take xanax right before the tub, got in & fell unconscious? You have to take quite a bit of xanax to be out cold. I take it since heart surgery & man I might have high tolerance but to be in a semi coma? It's a lot.
    I was thinking the same thing LLC, I would have to take alot of my xanax to knock me totally out. I know I have a high tolerance to it but still I think I'd have to take half a bottle to be that out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostyhead View Post
    Great link! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Town Without Pity View Post
    I was thinking the same thing LLC, I would have to take alot of my xanax to knock me totally out. I know I have a high tolerance to it but still I think I'd have to take half a bottle to be that out of it.
    Yep. Me too. She had to have mixed a lot of different drugs. Although they said Mike Starr from one xanax & one beer. Wouldn't work for me...Just sayin'

who called it about who sings whitney at the grammy's?!
    Dionne Warwick, for sure, maybe Dolly Parton or Mariah Carey. Bobby Brown?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I remember some reports early on in both Whitney's and Brown's careers.

It was rumored that prior to her marriage, Whitney had been in love with a young woman named Robin who worked for her.

About the same time, Liz Smith, gossip columnist reported a blind item about a popular black singer who had been diagnosed as being bipolar and was self-medicating with drugs but his family would not get him into treatment because of fears of how it would affect his career if it was known. Bobby Brown's behavior was already becoming erratic and people felt she was talking about him. Apparently, Brown did too and he angrily denied it in an interview.

It was soon after that these two got married. I remember magazines that were usually gushy about celeb marriages had a "hmmmm" attitude about this union. There was skepticism that the marriage was a front to protect both their careers.

Of couse, as their antics and Whitney's drug abuse became apparent, a lot of this older stuff dropped by the wayside as the media focused on their present issues.

Does anyone remember hearing about this stuff? If it is true, it would explain a lot. You can get into destructive behavior if you feel forced into denying a basic part of yourself and an unmedicated bipolar can get into a lot of trouble.