Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671454 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitney Houston

stacebabe Guest
    I live 3 towns from the Stoughton Courthouse where he's constantly summoned to to pay child support to his first 5 or 10 kids.

This makes me very sad. Her voice was like no other. She was a true diva. Remembering how she used to be, I never would have thought things would turn out this way for her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lol Everyone knows Im a death hag. I just heard this on the radio in the car like 5 minutes ago and I've already got one phone call and one text from a friend telling me she died.
    So sad. I wonder if it's drug related. I am sure that's what most will speculate, just based on her history. Even if it wasn't directly related her heart had to have taken a beating over the years.
    RIP Whitney.

After Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston I don't think I'll ever doubt TMZ again. I'm sure hell going to check Findadeath Facebook from now on.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

TMZ just posted the following:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/11/whitne...ionne-warwick/

Whitney's mother, Cissy Houston, spoke with her daughter 25-30
    minutes before she died and nothing seemed unusual ... sources tell TMZ.
    Dionne Warwick, Whitney's cousin, called as well ... several
    hours before Whitney died ... to make sure they were sitting at the same table
    at Clive's party. And again ... there were no signs of trouble.
    Not that she couldn't have been under the influence of something while on the phone - but the short amount of time from talking to her mother to her time of death makes me wonder if it wasn't sudden cardiac arrest or a sudden accidental overdose.
    "I don't want the bodies, just the pictures."
    --Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Djen View Post
    Yeah, that's really not bad for 26 years.
    I agree.

Wow. She was so talented. Sad.

TMZ also reporting she was with a group that was partying quite loudly last night. They said even though the hotel is full of partying crowds due to the Grammy's, her group was more "boisterous" than most.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/11/whitne...-dead-partied/

RIP, a talented woman. It's a shame she couldn't overcome her problems.

I agree that Whitney died a long time ago.

I was on Facebook and the memorials have started rolling in there. I always thought Bobby Brown was a strange choice for Whitney. Then I saw that show and thought... she's just as trashy as he is.

sicksteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    lol Everyone knows Im a death hag. I just heard this on the radio in the car like 5 minutes ago and I've already got one phone call and one text from a friend telling me she died.
    So sad. I wonder if it's drug related. I am sure that's what most will speculate, just based on her history. Even if it wasn't directly related her heart had to have taken a beating over the years.
    RIP Whitney.
    Radio transmission must be retarded up there.

This is such a tragic loss.

jaylene Guest
    WOW! I'm not surprised really but I am very sad. She was an adult and had free will but
    Bobby bares some responsiblity too. Every picture I've seen of her lately she looks so sad.
    I will miss her. The Whitney before Bobby.

MissVondaKaye Guest
    Damn. Damn. Damn. ITA with those who say "their" Whitney died years ago. Such a waste of such a truly God-given talent. May you find peace in the afterlife, Whitney. You damned sure never had any after hooking up with Bobby Brown.

Bayou Queen Guest
    Too bad they can't charge Bobby Brown with contributing to her death. We all saw her decline over the years, and how many of us had her on the death pool.

So much talent. How many greats have we lost to drugs? I've lost count. Sad.

DonnaMc Guest
    RIP Whitney.

trishsixxm Guest
    All I ever remember was hearing that Whitney Houston had married Bobby Brown; I don't recall ever reading anything about them ever going out but I could be wrong.

Thorkim Guest
    After seeing some pictures of her a day or so ago, I told my husband this morning that she will die young. She looked horrible. Sad day, what a talent.

I wake up from a nap, and see all this! Sad, but not totally unexpected. Needless to say, my jaw didn't hit the floor when I found out. Hopefully she can find some peace now, since she never found it before.
    Keep them jeans high and tight.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by editrix View Post
    Um, she's 26 years older in the second picture. Nobody looks the same in their 40s as in their 20s. She appears to have aged pretty normally, aside from the obvious boob lifts and other platic surgery.
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    I was going to say.... she looks not bad
    I agree with you both and others who have said it since. I don't think she looks bad in the second picture at all. Now, the ones from the other night....

Quote Originally Posted by GravesEnd View Post
    I live very close to the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Only a mile at the most. I could hear the helicopters outside but didn't realize until I saw on the Internet.
    I remember those helicopters from when I lived in L.A. They woke me up when Bob Hope died. I lived pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbeelzebub View Post
    I can't wait to see the first pics of Ray J being walked out of the hotel in cuffs all strung out. This is about to get real!

CNN is saying they were holed up in there for the past two days. I highly doubt they were playing bridge.
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I wonder why everyone talks about her daughter like she is a child? (mostly in the media, not here with my FAD friends) - She is 19 and pics are out there from last year of her snorting cocaine.

Although its sad that she lost her mother, it appears her adult daughter may be on the path of her Mom and Dad?
    I was wondering the same thing, and hoping this is a wakeup call for her to stop the drugs herself.

KarmaKat Guest
    Any sign of Ray J yet?
    In the Bath? Dont sound quite right that one?

stacebabe Guest
    The more stuff I see cropping up online, the sadder I become. I remember when "I wanna dance with somebody" came out, and I'd beebop around my house in my neon and scrunchies, thinking she was so pretty, to hearing her in later years sounding so classy and sophisticated, then I heard she married Bobby Brown and went WTF? But for the first few years, that classy image remained. "Waiting to Exhale" is one of my favorite movies ever, and she looked so amazing then, and she could act well for that part. Then I saw "Being Bobby Brown" and I actually liked him more than I liked her. And it stung. I thought she was this super classy awesome person, and no, not at all. In fact, on that show , she was an asshole. But she is still a mother. And that poor girl has to be hurting something fierce. Her father should drop everything and be with her. Go to minute 1:50, and tell me you aren't sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwrLQxHMKt8

I'm blown away and in shock over this one. She was one of my favorite singers. "Run to You", "I Have Nothing" are my too all-time favorite songs of her. Fuck. This is sad.

Forever-27 Guest
    I never liked her music but she did have talent. She fucked up by marrying bobby brown.

I'm still in aww she's gone.

After Joplin, Winehouse , Jackson. Hoon, Morrison, you'd think superstar musicans would have learned by now. Alas they will never learn so we will continue to lose talent , whitney isn't the first to die of overdose of drugs, she won't be the last.

If I'm not mistaken she is related to Thelma Hoston. I think she's whitneys aunt. She did the disco song

" don't leave me this way "
    Last edited by Forever-27; 02-11-2012 at 07:32 PM.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post

I wouldnt expect Bobby Brown to do anything but perform. Would anyone?

I go back again to the adult daughter, Bobby Brown has several other children that he doesnt take care of (some who are minors still) so the fact that he would not head to LA to take care of just one of his kids is not surprising to me. Its just how he is.

And their adult daughter was partying with Mom only two nights ago. That makes me believe that Bobbi is still doing drugs herself. What a sad situation, but shes an adult, and all she saw growing up was her Mom and Dad
    Those are actually great points.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    After Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston I don't think I'll ever doubt TMZ again. I'm sure hell going to check Findadeath Facebook from now on.
    Righto! I didn't know FAD had that facebook page! I'm on the other 15 though. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Mel View Post
    TMZ just posted the following:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/11/whitne...ionne-warwick/

Not that she couldn't have been under the influence of something while on the phone - but the short amount of time from talking to her mother to her time of death makes me wonder if it wasn't sudden cardiac arrest or a sudden accidental overdose.
    For her, slurring & ranting was normal so who knows their scale of normalcy for her?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoddess View Post
    So sad! I am shocked, but I shouldn't be. I have never understood the backlash at Bobby Brown, Whitney wasn't a kid when she met him, she was a grown woman that made her own choices. I have always had a feeling she was a lot rougher around the edges than her management team was comfortable with, so they gave her a new image to sell a product. I remember watching her show WAAAAYYYYY back in the day and she was always irate and ready to fight with someone.

I also don't think she looked that bad in that recent picture that was posted, I mean she was almost 50, she still looked beautiful! I feel bad for her daughter, especially since she is going to be kicked around in the tabloids all over again.
    I couldn't agree more with every word you said.

Pooh-Bear Guest
    My Heart is broken. There are notes in my head that I will hear forever, that only she can sing. I was connected to her through a company I worked for here many years ago. This can't be happening. I was in bed sleeping and my sister woke me up to tell me. I am devastated. This a personal loss. I can't speak any more now.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    The more stuff I see cropping up online, the sadder I become. I remember when "I wanna dance with somebody" came out, and I'd beebop around my house in my neon and scrunchies, thinking she was so pretty, to hearing her in later years sounding so classy and sophisticated, then I heard she married Bobby Brown and went WTF? But for the first few years, that classy image remained. "Waiting to Exhale" is one of my favorite movies ever, and she looked so amazing then, and she could act well for that part. Then I saw "Being Bobby Brown" and I actually liked him more than I liked her. And it stung. I thought she was this super classy awesome person, and no, not at all. In fact, on that show , she was an asshole. But she is still a mother. And that poor girl has to be hurting something fierce. Her father should drop everything and be with her. Go to minute 1:50, and tell me you aren't sad.

That was pretty amazing.

I'm glad she didn't die in a flea bag hotel. I just googled the Beverly Hills Hotel and it was beautiful. I don't know why but that makes me feel better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post

From TMZ.....left is Whitney in 1986 Grammys, then on the right is her this past Thursday.....this is what drugs will do to you, kids......
    Thank you for posting these photos!
    The first one is how I remember Whitney Houston! Not only was she the greatest singer in the world she was also
    the most beautiful!
    What a damn loss!

RaRaRamona Guest
    good point

It is sad, indeed. In all honesty, I don't even know why I'm all that surprised, I spent 20 years in the entertainment industry, and it was well known about hers and Bobby Brown's drug use. I think that I kind of hoped she would somehow survive those years of self abuse, but it was evident they had taken their toll. The life of an entertainer is NOTHING like the life the rest of us know, many are very insecure, and have an inherant need to be constantly reaffirmed that they are great. Whatever demons they possess is far from anything the average Joe like me can understand. Seems like death is the only peace they'll come to welcome...

Somebody mentioned what looked like blood running down her leg. I've read that was self tanner...Xtina has been photographed recently with same issue. I've looked worse coming out of a nightclub in my earlier years. Sweating etc. Lol.

RaRaRamona Guest
    It was pretty red

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SelenaFan View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whitney and mj.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	41381Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rip.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	41382
    Good lord here we go.

Bbeelzebub Guest
    I'm so confused. The news is now saying her "Bodyguard" found her. WTF was Kevin Costner doing there????

The Lucky One Guest
    Poor Kevin Costenator

These people need to hire better tanning professionals for their tanning. If it's that thin it's likely the stuff they use at the salons. Most of the stuff you can buy is thicker, lotion like. I guess there are sprays, but whatever. Whether or not it's blood, the wound on her wrist looks healed or at least scabbed over, so I don't think the blood would be from that. Though I do wonder what the cut is from.

Holy cow. She was only two weeks older than me.

I'm so confused. The news is now saying her "Bodyguard" found her. WTF was Kevin Costner doing there????
    lmao you are killing me on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Withagee View Post
    Here's an isolated vocal track of it just to give you gooseflesh...did for me :"(

http://jakefogelnest.com/post/17460767716
    OMG, Gerry, I also got the goosebumps! That was amazing-thanks for posting it.

Bbeelzebub Guest
    Well, if rumor can be believed, Whitney wasn't the classy woman that we were led to believe in the mid 80s. Supposedly Clive and Arista did a finishing school number on her to make her appeal to a broader base. I'm not sure if I believe it, but you have to admit, Bobby Brown may be a bad influence but I don't think even he could rub off on her that much. Perhaps the Whitney we all saw (and I personally loved on BBB) was the real Whitney.

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    Good lord here we go.
    Wow. That was fast!

God forgive me but *snicker*

Well, if rumor can be believed, Whitney wasn't the classy woman that we were led to believe in the mid 80s. Supposedly Clive and Arista did a finishing school number on her to make her appeal to a broader base. I'm not sure if I believe it, but you have to admit, Bobby Brown may be a bad influence but I don't think even he could rub off on her that much. Perhaps the Whitney we all saw (and I personally loved on BBB) was the real Whitney.
    I agree, that could be. Even watching that clip of her posted upthread (the Shoop one) she seems a little "rough" when she talks. I hate to use the word ghetto, but I am thinking that a lot of what we saw was a finishing school number as you said.

SusanCarole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GravesEnd View Post
    I live very close to the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Only a mile at the most. I could hear the helicopters outside but didn't realize until I saw on the Internet.
    You are so fortunate to live so close to all of the action. Please update us.

I really liked her on BBB too. I tend to also agree that the show depicted some of her normal traits, the non- stage Whitney.

44. 02-11-2012, 08:01 PM

I'm shocked and not shocked at the same time--I mean, I certainly wasn't expecting to hear this tonight (on the 10 p.m. news), but at the same time, w/all of her addictions, it's not exactly surprising...just terribly, terribly sad.

I'm not going to rag on Bobby Brown still doing his show tonight--he's performing w/New Edition, so between not wanting to let his bandmates & the fans down, and feeling as if "the show must go on," I can understand his sticking it out and performing. As dysfunctional as they were together, I do think there was plenty of love there as well, so I can believe the reports that he's devastated; I do hope he can get off the tour and go to be w/Bobbi Kristina ASAP, though, because she'll be needing the support. Supposedly her mother Cissy Houston is "hysterical," which is completely understandable when she's just lost her child, when she was just speaking to her less than an hour before she died.

It's just terribly, terribly sad, that's all...

jaylene Guest

Awww man I forgot about Shoop. That was sweet.

I saw the pictures in the papers over here and websites like TMZ from a couple of days ago and thouht 'she'll die ina year or two if she doesn't sort herself out'. I didn't realise it would only be 2 days. The first 3 7"s I bought back in 1987 were U2 - Without Or Without You, Fine Young Cannibals - Ever Fallen In Love and Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody. I thought she was hot (I was only 15) and it was a fun tune. And yes, she died young to me as I'm 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Challinor View Post
    Are there any more reports as to how the Clive Davis party is going....?
    Apparently it is just getting started. They have talked to a few people who are there on CNN, though I have to say they seem to be having quite a few technical problems. Couldn't get Dr. Drew on the air, then someone else as well. Now they are talking to Tommy Mottola.

Mammy Guest
    Bbeelzebub, I am cackling like an old hen at the Kevin Costner comment! Maybe they couldn't get Mary Kate Olsen on the phone?

Crazy how her body is still in the hotel and the Clive Davis party is going to go on in the same hotel. Of course she was there for the party ...

mstee2u1972 Guest
    *Stepping up on soapbox for a minute* I am going to keep it 100% right now--I am so tired of needlessly losing wonderful, beautiful people to the poison of drugs. While I love Whitney Houston and immensely respect her talent, I am so mad at her right now for poisoning her mind, body, and sprit with drugs for so many years. Same with Michael Jackson. It really doesn't matter if someone is famous o...r not--we all have great gifts to share with the world and should not let drugs interfere with our God given talents. Drugs do nothing but rob people of their ambition, talent, and self-esteem. Folks--please leave that poison alone! For the people you left behind---we are sad, confused, and missing you terribly. God Bless. *Stepping down from soapbox*