Thread: Victoria Medlin

lugnut Guest

Victoria Medlin

So here's a strange one for you. Allow me to blather on while I attempt to explain this thread: I'm a KISS fan, and Ms. Medlin was linked to lead singer Paul Stanley in the early/mid-'70s. I'd heard her name before, but a recent (now-deleted) thread on a KISS forum opened up a lot of new questions.

She was an actress who never really made the big time, appearing only in three films (Vanishing Point, The Groove Tube and a 1973 TV movie called The Resolution of Mossie Wax) and several commercials and stage plays. Apparently she committed suicide on 2/27/78, seemingly not too long after she and Stanley had broken up. Now here's where it gets sorta interesting - there's absolutely no information around on the circumstances of her death or the location. Nothing, nada, zilch.

Rumors have circulated in the "KISS community" for years that Stanley and/or the band's management had this covered up - the reasons why this would be covered up are unknown. Bill Aucoin (the band's manager in the '70s) once stated in an interview that Stanley has a "very dark secret" that he would never discuss with anyone and would likely take to his grave. Rumors also fly that perhaps Stanley and Medlin had a daughter together who was kept secret and raised by Stanley's sister (presumably not to damage the band's reputation as freewheeling single sex-hounds). A photograph from the '80s exists of Paul and this girl (billed as his "niece") standing together, and she really looks like she actually could be his daughter... But back to 1978 - From what I understand of it, Medlin had remained close to the Stanleys after the breakup (perhaps because of this daughter?) and it's been suggested that Medlin's suicide actually occurred in the family furniture store that was owned by Paul Stanley's father in New York City. KISS management was reportedly brought in to make sure this aspect of the story was whitewashed - being associated with an actress's suicide probably wasn't the greatest career move for a band who was quickly becoming a kiddie favorite that year.

From there, the "trail," such as it is, goes cold. Paul Stanley did, however, dedicate his 1978 solo album to Medlin. Otherwise there's no information about her life or death to be found on the internet, or seemingly much of anywhere - even pictures are hard to find. How is it possible for a semi-known actress linked to a hugely-famous rock star to just completely disappear like this?

So I figured if anyone could get to the bottom of this, it'd be you guys. Anyone wanna have a go at this one?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VMedlin.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	40737
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

james1977 Guest
    A lot of things, we can't find on the web- Was she the one that was brushing her teeth topless with Chevy Chase ? , or the one that was in The Sexual Olympics, event- I know she was a great looking blonde. Groove Tube is a great movie, a cult classic.

Very interesting... I hope more info comes out. Great find Ich!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lisamarie Guest
    Very intresting..how didn she committ suicide?

havoc Guest
    Hmmmmm.....

Intriguing.

Is it possible "Victoria Medlin" was a stage name so any official records would be under a different name? I have you tried the IBDB (Internet Broadway Database)?

havoc Guest
    Boy, there's less than nothing out there.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trio.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	40762  

I tried to find the name and address of Paul Stanley's fathers furniture shop and search for news reports about incidents occuring there on the date of her suicide but couldnt come up with an address other than it was on Queens Blvd.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

babyblujems Guest
    All I could get was the date of her death.

I have been trying to find information on Victoria Medlin, also. The movie, Vanishing Point, apparently has a cult following even to this day. There is a Facebok page devoted to it and one of the posters there mentions her suicide and relationship with Paul Stanley, but very little else. A KissFax page mentions that Stanley's solo album was dedicated to "this person" refering to Medlin which I thought was a cold way of putting it.

bobbyg Guest

Victoria Medlin

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    Is it possible "Victoria Medlin" was a stage name so any official records would be under a different name? I have you tried the IBDB (Internet Broadway Database)?

bobbyg Guest
    Victoria Medlin was her real name, we dated in the 60's

NOVSTORM Guest
    So maybe youy can call her parents and find out where she is burried and maybe inb the converation they would talk about her death?

fultondyke Guest
    In the discussion section of IMDB someone posted that they thought she had OD'd.

OMyStarz Guest
    Very intriguing Lugnut!

Looks like her Godmother was Beatrice Lillie.

Last edited by OMyStarz; 12-28-2011 at 10:09 PM.

OMyStarz Guest

OMyStarz Guest
    Just for interesting's sake:

Omystarz-impressive detective work.

sept2749 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
    So here's a strange one for you. Allow me to blather on while I attempt to explain this thread: I'm a KISS fan, and Ms. Medlin was linked to lead singer Paul Stanley in the early/mid-'70s. I'd heard her name before, but a recent (now-deleted) thread on a KISS forum opened up a lot of new questions.

She was an actress who never really made the big time, appearing only in three films (Vanishing Point, The Groove Tube and a 1973 TV movie called The Resolution of Mossie Wax) and several commercials and stage plays. Apparently she committed suicide on 2/27/78, seemingly not too long after she and Stanley had broken up. Now here's where it gets sorta interesting - there's absolutely no information around on the circumstances of her death or the location. Nothing, nada, zilch.

Rumors have circulated in the "KISS community" for years that Stanley and/or the band's management had this covered up - the reasons why this would be covered up are unknown. Bill Aucoin (the band's manager in the '70s) once stated in an interview that Stanley has a "very dark secret" that he would never discuss with anyone and would likely take to his grave. Rumors also fly that perhaps Stanley and Medlin had a daughter together who was kept secret and raised by Stanley's sister (presumably not to damage the band's reputation as freewheeling single sex-hounds). A photograph from the '80s exists of Paul and this girl (billed as his "niece") standing together, and she really looks like she actually could be his daughter... But back to 1978 - From what I understand of it, Medlin had remained close to the Stanleys after the breakup (perhaps because of this daughter?) and it's been suggested that Medlin's suicide actually occurred in the family furniture store that was owned by Paul Stanley's father in New York City. KISS management was reportedly brought in to make sure this aspect of the story was whitewashed - being associated with an actress's suicide probably wasn't the greatest career move for a band who was quickly becoming a kiddie favorite that year.

From there, the "trail," such as it is, goes cold. Paul Stanley did, however, dedicate his 1978 solo album to Medlin. Otherwise there's no information about her life or death to be found on the internet, or seemingly much of anywhere - even pictures are hard to find. How is it possible for a semi-known actress linked to a hugely-famous rock star to just completely disappear like this?

So I figured if anyone could get to the bottom of this, it'd be you guys. Anyone wanna have a go at this one?
    I knew Victoria since she was 12 - we grew up together on the upper west side and dated briefly at age 16. At age 26 or so we were seriously involved. She did have an affair with Paul Stanley but no kid - I'm very certain of that. She was a beautiful girl inside and out and I will never forget her. No one will ever know if Vic killed herself or took an accidental overdose of sleeping pills. I had spoken with her a week before her death and she seemed fine but strangely controlled. She had guys going crazy for her and some were pretty controlling. Personally, after knowing her for so long I feel she died of an accidental overdose. She used to take sleeping pills and on occasion would wake up in the middle of the night and take some more. I don't think she knew how dangerous this could be over time as these drugs build up in one's system. I loved her &I will miss her forever.

sept2749 Guest
    That was her real name - I knew her since she was 12

sept2749 Guest
    Suicide? I knew her very well - it could have been an accident - too many sleeping pills over time can build up in one's system and kill you. It has happened to lots of show biz people when barbiturates were prescribed for sleep.

OMyStarz Guest
    Thanks! I have a small obit that ran in the NY Times in March '78. Not sure if I should post the original because it includes names of (possibly) living relatives.

All it says is:

MEDLIN - Victoria. [Her Parents] mourn the loss of their loved daughter and [sister's name] adored sister.

I have yet to find a full obit for her, but the above just might be all there is.
    Last edited by OMyStarz; 12-30-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Elizabeth Guest
    Wow, how interesting.....in a death hag way, that is But sept2749, sorry for your loss.....sounds like she was very special to you......

Sept do you have pictures of you and Victoria, together? Would be neat to see them.

VixT Guest
    I knew her really well. We met New Years Eve, 1965 and were together for the next 2+ years and stayed in touch after that. We played music together, I managed her group, Boys and Girls Together, we designed and sold a clothing line, traveled, etc...

I knew her Mom, who'd been a singer with Liberace for years, her step-Dad, an agent at William Morris who later moved to UK to produce films and her younger half-sister. She loved Francoise Hardy, Francoise D'Orleac, Catherine Deneuve. Umbrellas of Cherbourg, Aretha. Many stories to tell.

She was a super talented artist, singer, actor. Dressed with great style. All eyes turned when she entered a room. Really.

Very very gifted and super bright - sadly troubled as often the case. Don't know about Paul Stanley - but the last time I saw her she was living on W58th St. with her hair stylist who's name I forget. Appeared his role was to keep her looking good and feeling good, all the time.

She had promise, BIG promise, big deals with Universal as an actor, Deodato as a singer, Allan Toussaint, songwriting and recording contracts. Others. Made a big splash in commercials - esp one where she was in Joe Namath's locker room and smacked his ass. Right Guard I recall. Starred in HAIR on Bway - stopped the show with Easy To Be Hard.

Really great blue eyed soul singer. Hard to believe it came from a white girl.

Never got to where she should have. Too many later, too many no shows.

Had pictures til a few years ago when my storage got looted and everything not taken was trashed. Actually, I have a portrait of me at 17 from back then she did in pastel. Still have it - not quite sure why...

Knew she died, but had no idea of the date - it was my 29th Birthday. Weird.

asiusa Guest

Victoria Medlin

Victoria Medlin - A mystery in need of solving

Jacksmum Guest
    I just searched as well, sounds like a cover up situation to me. I would tweet Gene Simmons

I'm also very intrigued now that you've put this out there and have asked for help through my sleuthing friends.
    Last edited by Jacksmum; 06-01-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Virtually identical posts............

jwinske Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lugnut View Post

jwinske Guest

Ms. Medlin

I have come looking for info on Ms. Medlin because my brother-in-law from Massachusetts recently died and he was married to Victoria back in the mid-sixties in Cal. None of us in the family ever met her but we did hear of her from my brother-in-law. They were only married for a few months and broke up and he came back to Mass. He never told us much about the marriage; but did talk about her movie roles and said she had a number of kids. i'm fascinated with the info about her in this thread. Thank you all for the history.

DRIDDLEDRA Guest
    OK ALL OF YOU, I am Victoria's half sister so any questions you have please ask away for CORRECT info. VixT would love to know who you are. I was a young teenager at the time of her death, but still in touch with a few of her besties. She was NEVER married. Our mother is still alive & lives with me in the UK. My father is deceased as is Victoria's.
    I look forward to setting the record straight. We still miss her deeply .....
    Not my sister ...she was never married & NO children she was only in her late 20s when she passed. She simply took too many Tuinal one night & accidentally killed herself .....devaestated us all. Thank you for respecting our privacy
    No mystery Im afraid & no child...Im VMs sister....She overdosed in her own bed alone in her apartment ....no furniture store...no Paul Stanley....
    Last edited by DRIDDLEDRA; 02-06-2016 at 02:08 PM.

34. 01-23-2016, 10:34 AM

35. 01-23-2016, 10:36 AM

36. 01-23-2016, 10:37 AM

37. 01-23-2016, 10:38 AM

38. 01-23-2016, 10:40 AM

You are far and away in violation of Rule 6: Help keep the forum organized for all users. This means you are not allowed to make consecutive posts within minutes of each other. Please combine all these posting to one and delete the others. Also, every member here is entitled to their own opinion. If it goes against another opinion that's the way it is--Rule 4. You might want to read FAQ before you post again.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRIDDLEDRA View Post
    Not my sister ...she was never married & NO children she was only in her late 20s when she passed
    OK ALL OF YOU, I am Victoria's half sister so any questions you have please ask away for CORRECT info. VixT would love to know who you are. I was a young teenager at the time of her death, but still in touch with a few of her besties. She was NEVER married. Our mother is still alive & lives with me in the UK. My father is deceased as is Victoria's.
    She simply took too many Tuinal one night & accidentally killed herself .....devaestated us all.
    Thank you for expecting our privacy
    No mystery Im afraid & no child...Im VMs sister
    She overdosed in her own bed alone in her apartment ....no furniture store...no Paul Stanley....
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Never heard of her, but I did find her song. Not a bad voice.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

DRIDDLEDRA Guest
    Not my sister ...she was never married & NO children she was only in her late 20s when she passed

Hi... Im her sister.....please message me...who are you.... yes it was an accident & what you say is a good insight...I have been receiving some pretty vile messages form people on this forum who seem to want some justice for her & that I am lying....to this day , I mourn the loss of my sister . I know the truth & I know how much we loved each other....

She simply took too many Tuinal one night & accidentally killed herself .....devastated us all.

Thank you for respecting our privacy

No mystery Im afraid & no child...Im VMs sister

She overdosed in her own bed alone in her apartment ....no furniture store...no Paul Stanley....

Last edited by cindyt; 02-06-2016 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Combined posts

42. 02-06-2016, 02:20 PM
    Reason
    Consecutive post

43. 02-06-2016, 02:24 PM
    Reason
    Dupe

askewmandy Guest

Wink victoria medlin's half sister

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Never heard of her, but I did find her song. Not a bad voice.
    What become of Driddle DUM DUM?

It's no one's business who a member says they are in general, and it's not against the rules in particular. It is, however, against the rules to criticize or attack other members, either on a thread or via PM--you know who you are, and if you persist I will pop you a card. Fair warning. Rule 4--please read the FAQs.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

So where is she buried? Nothing on Findagrave or Ancestry. Will do more digging and see what I can find.

I love when people who knew the subject come out and post all these little known facts later down the line.
    I just wish the ones who only posted once or twice would come back and contact each other.

I'd never heard of her, but it has been interesting to read about what we now know

askewmandy Guest

Exclamation justice for victoria

It is my opinion that Ms. Medlin, and yes I am calling her by her last name because she DESERVES that much respect, instead of the impersonal VM, AS SHE WAS REFERRED TO IN EARLIER POSTS. I do not believe that we have been told the whole story. I have been looking for information on her for a year and a half, there is nothing, not even a birthdate! There are some people that would say this is none of our business, but I heard this rumor as child in the late 70's and it has troubled me since. I believe Ms. Medlin was a beautiful , talented, and intelligent woman. I believe she fell in love with someone, as most women do. I believe that she was sold a false dream,, and hopes, and when they were not delivered on, it crushed her spirit. So I implore all the women on the forum to keep looking for info. This could happen to any of us. Ms. Medlin is not just some "deliciously sordid" MYSTERY, she was someone's daughter, sister, bestfriend, and possibly mother. Doesn't she deserve at least a BIRTHDATE in recognition of her life. Her real name was not Victoria Medlin, it was Vickie Stern, I was able to find out that much. See if that helps with investigating.

askewmandy, what members call public figures is not against the rule, but criticizing them for doing so is most def against the rules. Please read FAQs in general, and Rule 4 in particular.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I did find this:

THE KANSAS CITY TIMES. THURSDAY. DECE:MBER 22. 1955. Ahout ' By Landon Laird. HAT 6-year-old girl who steals the show with her “Alphabet Song” shortly after the beginning of '‘Plain and Fancy’' at the Victoria theater is Vicki Stern. She is the daughter of Janet Medlin, the pretty heroine of the story, and Milton Stern, the company’s production stage manager. You say Janet doesn’t look old enough to have a 6-year-old daughter? Granted, but she does. Vicki, who is minus a few teeth—as what 6-year-old isn’t?.....

So 6 years old at this time (1955) she may have a birth year of 1949.

Still searching for more info.

Editing for this info: Where the last name Medlin may come into play as the other child performer was out due to
    a leg injury.

Vicki Stern, Who Sings the “Alphabet” of Vegetables and Fruits in “Plain and Fancy” —(Kansas City Star photograph). more shows, however, but iate' ruled otherwise. The current “Plain and Fancy” company was in rehearsal in Los Angeles but on one particular day Miss Medlin could not be persent because of a leg injury. There had been talk of dropping the “Alphabet Song” out of the musical comedy because no child was available to sing it. In Miss Medlin’s absence, Morton Da Costa, the director, asked Vicki on a hazard; “Vicki, you’ve heard us rehearse a lot. Do you know the ‘Alphabet Song?’ ’’ Vicki said she did. “Let’s hear you sing it.’* Vicki rattled through “Asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower,” etc. She did it so well that she was taken upstairs to A1 Jones, the general manager, and signed to a contract. Then her father broke the news to her mother.

Seems mothers name before marriage was Medlin. This is pic from 1951.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vicki Stern2.jpeg 
Views:	106 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	53398  
    Last edited by AngieDFan; 02-15-2016 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Additional info and pic

http://www.cinealfilo.com/Retrospectivas/?id=207

Pic on here doesn't look that old. Are we sure she's really dead?

Rhonda Guest
    Holy crap! Not sure they are the same woman - but could be Very interesting find!!

IMBd says she is. On that website above she is listed under Respectivos, which means "Looking back on events, etc.," so the pics are from an earlier time in her life.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

askewmandy Guest

victoria medlin

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    IMBd says she is. On that website above she is listed under Respectivos, which means "Looking back on events, etc.," so the pics are from an earlier time in her life.
    Is it possible she could have had a twin?

Pretty Lady. Talented. Sorry she's gone whatever the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by askewmandy View Post
    Is it possible she could have had a twin?
    Anything's possible.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

askewmandy Guest

victoria medlin

Today is te 38th anniversary of death.