Thread: Thief Snapped Taking Flowers From Boy's Grave

Thief Snapped Taking Flowers From Boy's Grave

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16126107

Unbelievable what people will do this day in age....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unidentified Guest
    I wonder what the heck she's doing with them.

I bet she is selling the flowers on - like a makeshift florist
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

aedgar5000 Guest
    What a reprehensible person.

Mulvaness Guest
    A good friend of mine lost her 3 year old in August and she has been having the same problem with anything she leaves on his grave. She alerted the cemetery but, nothing has been done. It is pretty danged bad that you can not leave anything on your babies grave without someone stealing it.

Jacksmum Guest
    We had to stop putting wreaths at Christmas, fresh flowers in the spring and hanging baskets on my mother-in-law's grave because of theft. We now have a rose bush planted directly into the ground. Hopefully that won't get dug up any time soon.

Taking ANYTHING from ANYONE'S grave under ANY circumstances is BAD, BAD karma.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulvaness View Post
    A good friend of mine lost her 3 year old in August and she has been having the same problem with anything she leaves on his grave. She alerted the cemetery but, nothing has been done. It is pretty danged bad that you can not leave anything on your babies grave without someone stealing it.
    that is repulsive.
    I am so sorry for her loss.
    some people seem to not only have no conscience, but no soul.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmum View Post
    We had to stop putting wreaths at Christmas, fresh flowers in the spring and hanging baskets on my mother-in-law's grave because of theft. We now have a rose bush planted directly into the ground. Hopefully that won't get dug up any time soon.
    Don't bet on it. This wasn't from a grave but it shows how slimy some so called humans are: a family planted a some kind of Christmas tree in their front yard and decorated it this year. They got up one morning and where the tree had been was a big hole, because some creature had pulled it up, root ball and all, and I mean it was not a small tree, either. They had to have looped a rope or chair around it and used a SUV or big pickup.

GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Don't bet on it. This wasn't from a grave but it shows how slimy some so called humans are: a family planted a some kind of Christmas tree in their front yard and decorated it this year. They got up one morning and where the tree had been was a big hole, because some creature had pulled it up, root ball and all, and I mean it was not a small tree, either. They had to have looped a rope or chair around it and used a SUV or big pickup.

The dregs of humanity. There were some thieves here that took several 20' inflatable Christmas decorations from someone's yard and.........wait for it.......actually RETURNED them a day later, along with an apology note and a $100. bill. Thw homeowner was stunned.

dagood54 Guest
    I grew up by a graveyard and that's been going on for decades. It used to happen every Memorial Day season...someone would come either early morning or late night and steal wreaths. Later on you'd see people selling wreaths at yard sales...probably was the wreaths that were stolen.

Mammy Guest
    We had some local dumbass stealing the vases from cemetaries and trying to sell them to a recycler. The recycler turned the guy in to police, but he didn't get in hardly any trouble over it. It really takes a low life to steal from or vandalize graves!

rjbrasher Guest
    Lets say someone did this to my baby nephews grave (died at 3 months old) This mama parked her Bravada way in the back into the shadows and waited quietly with a baseball bat. When this "individual" came out to steal beanie babies and wind chimes from the tree and grave. Lets say that poor son of a bitch is limping hardcore. Fuck the cops justice in our own hands by god. I will fuck up someone up good if you fuck with me and my families graves or living.

elyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbrasher View Post
    Lets say someone did this to my baby nephews grave (died at 3 months old) This mama parked her Bravada way in the back into the shadows and waited quietly with a baseball bat. When this "individual" came out to steal beanie babies and wind chimes from the tree and grave. Lets say that poor son of a bitch is limping hardcore. Fuck the cops justice in our own hands by god. I will fuck up someone up good if you fuck with me and my families graves or living.
    Awesome. I'd do the same.

rjbrasher Guest
    i mean seriously! going to a cematary is sad but one of the most peaceful places to ever go, then you got some fucktard tearing out headstones, flowers, trees and stealing belongings that are left there for the dead. Granted they arent there to see it but its their belongings, leave it on the fucking grave.

just pisses me off

Djen Guest
    I can't understand why someone would think stealing from a grave is OK.

This reminds me of something that happened here. Not nearly as awful, but still weird. We have one house in the area that decorates like CRAZY for Christmas. They have thousands of lights, a full-sized Nativity, Santa's workshop (with a skyride for dolls that does up to the roof and back down) a full on set of reindeer on the roof, and much, much, more.

The last time we saw it, there was a note in the manger. I thought it might be something like, "We all await His coming."

No, it was really angry, and said that this is a terrible world we live in, where people will steal a Baby Jesus from right in front of someone's house, and how they won't replace it because they hope the thief will find it in his heart to return the newborn Messiah to his family. Until then, no Baby Jesus.

When we checked it out later that month, there was still just the note in the manger. Who steals a Baby Jesus? And from what is possibly the most well-lit home in the entire metro area? Weird... Still better than stealing off a kid's grave, though.

rjbrasher Guest
    wow thats fucked up.

18. 12-09-2011, 03:47 PM

19. 12-09-2011, 03:48 PM

Rudy's Girl Guest
    We once put an orchid on my father's niche which was then taken right away. We thought my mom had dropped something so we returned to his niche ten minutes later to find it gone. I also put roses on my friend's mother's grave which were stolen the next day. They also have had to put cameras in the building because someone was taking the metal vases to sell. They even broke the vases right off that were sealed on the graves and took them, evil bastards.I've decided that after I have passed away and someone takes something from my final resting place or from the resting place of someone I love, I am going to come back and start haunting them if at all possible. Now that would be a nice karma....

21. 12-09-2011, 03:51 PM

she has been caught.... even her daughter is disgusted with her
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...fined-300.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mammy Guest
    I'm glad that she was caught and proud of her daughter for turning her in. Of course, the thief had to go through her sob stories for why she stole flowers from the graves. Boohoo! On another note, the cemetaries there are really beautiful the way the graves are arranged and tended to. It looks really nice.

rjbrasher Guest
    fucking old bat! ugh

RaRaRamona Guest
    I hope I don't sound rude, just ignorant. If the little boy dies 30 yrs ago why are they still leaving things at the grave? For me, that is not even the body anymore, just a resting place with a marker.

rjbrasher Guest
    its the principle of it all i guess. My oldest daughter died 14 years ago, and she is buried in NE. I am in alabama. I still got people going out there putting stuff out for her. A mothers love never die. Regardless that body/ash/air..etc was a child that came from a grieving mother. See my mother would think the same way saying why leave stuff at a grave when the person is gone..etc and would call it a selfish act. Whatever i guess im selfish then. lol

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I hope I don't sound rude, just ignorant. If the little boy dies 30 yrs ago why are they still leaving things at the grave? For me, that is not even the body anymore, just a resting place with a marker.
    well, the resting place is for the alive, not for the body. if your child died tomorrow, you would still care and tend to the grave in 30 years, I'd bet.
    because tending the grave is all you could do for them anymore. just my take on it.

I'm glad they caught the thief. I'd say that would be SO upsetting to the family.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RaRaRamona Guest
    its the principle of it all i guess. My oldest daughter died 14 years ago, and she is buried in NE. I am in alabama. I still got people going out there putting stuff out for her. A mothers love never die. Regardless that body/ash/air..etc was a child that came from a grieving mother. See my mother would think the same way saying why leave stuff at a grave when the person is gone..etc and would call it a selfish act. Whatever i guess im selfish then. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    well, the resting place is for the alive, not for the body. if your child died tomorrow, you would still care and tend to the grave in 30 years, I'd bet.
    because tending the grave is all you could do for them anymore. just my take on it.

I'm glad they caught the thief. I'd say that would be SO upsetting to the family.
    I agree with that but his parents are buried next to him.

kandykisses Guest
    That's really nuts. Nice of her to look right into the camera. In New Castle Pa there is a teen who committed suicide. His parents left toys and stuff and had to get a sealed glass enclosed case cause people were taking the toys. People are morbidly bizarre.

rjbrasher Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I agree with that but his parents are buried next to him.
    Well to me its no different from people putting stuff on movie stars gaves. They are long gone, their family are probably gone. I think why people do stuff like that is it keeps the memory of that personal alive. If you let the grave go to shit, you basicly let them and their memory fizzle out like a snuffled candle. I can see why they do this to the little boys grave, just hard to explain it i guess, maybe we are more sensntive on the matter. Its still nice that someone would go out of their way and little money to make a gave look so pretty and loved.

MinLynn Guest
    This reminds me of something much more light hearted that happened a few years ago. My husband and I used to go to the local cemetery here and volunteer to clean up and right broken stones, clear hedges, etc after winter. One day we brought my youngest boy with us (he was about 5 or 6). I was busy cleaning a stone when he came up to me with a beautiful boquet of flowers and said "Here Mommy! I got them for you!" He was so excited and I couldn't really yell at him. I just explained that we aren't supposed to take flowers from here and asked where he got them. Trouble was that everything looked the same to him so he couldn't tell. So we decided to leave the flowers on the grave that I was cleaning. I always feel guilty when I think of that story but at the same time, it always makes me giggle.

Starstruck Guest
    We had an incident near where I live, a couple whose young son had died ( I think a pool drowning ) he was buried in the childrens
    part of the graveyard. The childrens graves are usually covered in little trinkets and special things that families leave, this family noticed
    things were missing and reported it to the Local Council who undertook an investigation but nothing really came of it but it did get a lot
    local publicity. Then these two people are in the paper saying they found some ornaments and things near their home and thought they
    may belong to this young boys grave. Long story short police and everyone was a bit suss so they raided their home and hey presto they
    found hundreds and hundreds of grave items that these two clowns had been taking ( what for nobody knows ). When my son passed he
    was cremated and we have him here at home, when either my husband or I pass the survivor will scatter my sons ashes with his mum or dads
    at the beach. Then you don't have to think about a grave being ignored in a 100 years or thieves stealing from it.

deanfan Guest
    Very morbid, I don't know how people can steal from graves. They must have no conscience.

Mammy Guest
    RaRa, I've been fortunate enough to have never lost a child and I hope I never do. I think people still like to leave little trinkets and flowers on people's graves because it makes them feel better to still be able to do something for the person even if they are no longer alive. The deceased don't know or care about such things, but it makes the loved ones feel better to visit the grave and leave little gifts. One of my classmates was killed in a car wreck in September of 1981 when we were thirteen years old and in the eighth grade. I still visit his grave occasionally and take flowers and little trinkets to leave there. His parents and brother are still alive and they also leave things at his grave. It makes them feel good when people leave things at the grave for him because they know people still think of Troy and haven't forgotten him. I also buy things for the graves of my grandparents, my husband's grandma, my husband's stepmom, and two of my great uncles. I like for their graves to look nice.

My father died when I was four, and I barely remember him, but I still go to the cemetary and leave flowers for him. I think in a way, its to acknowledge that even though he isnt here anymore, he DID exist and he mattered, and he is still throught about and missed. His father, who died long before I was born is also buried nearby and I bring flowers for him as well. In some way he is also a part of me and I try to remember that in some small way.

Makes sense to me. Sorry for your loss RJ. That must have been gut-wrenching. Probably makes you hug those little darlings you have now all the more.

Since I was very young I have wanted to walk around the cemeteries. I like to read the headstones. It is a strange combination of fascination with death, the bodies and also the spirits/ghosts. I like to visit the graves of people I know, but also people I don't know. I find myself reading headstones - like a baby who passed away 100 years ago - and I say to myself, almost without thought - "I see you little one and I am thinking of you." It is a very spiritual experience for me. I feel the energy there. When I spend time acknowledging a grave, someone I know or not, it is an exchange of energy for me. A "visit" definitely. I am here and I remember you and it is very personal. I have heard of stories where a body is found and never identified. The community buries the person and in some cases - they "adopt" that deceased person because it just bothers people to think that a person was totally disregarded and no one has ever come forward to claim the remains. Maybe it is for the living only - but I feel it is noticed by those individuals who have passed. To Minilyn - I think your son picking flowers and bringing them to you - would be amusing and entertaining to the "residents". Much like a child going into an Old Folks Home - most of the people are absolutely delighted with anything a child does and would appreciate the lively company. Just my thoughts on things.
    Last edited by tamiele; 12-12-2011 at 03:58 PM.
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

Mammy Guest
    I think the things that people put on graves is as much for their own peace of mind as anything else. It is awful to think that someone you loved who has died is forgotten by other people and you try to do little things to make you feel like you are taking care of them. One of my great uncles drowned in the 1930's when he was nineteen years old. Obviously, I never knew him, but my Grandma talked about him while she was still alive and would tell about the horrible feeling she had the last time she saw him that she would never see him again alive and she was right. She missed him her entire life and grieved that he never got to be married or have a family. I tend to his grave out of respect for Grandma because she did it when she was still alive and it would please her to know his grave is still being taken care of.
    Last edited by Mammy; 12-12-2011 at 04:00 PM.

rjbrasher Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tamiele View Post
    Makes sense to me. Sorry for your loss RJ. That must have been gut-wrenching. Probably makes you hug those little darlings you have now all the more.

Since I was very young I have wanted to walk around the cemeteries. I like to read the headstones. It is a strange combination of fascination with death, the bodies and also the spirits/ghosts. I like to visit the graves of people I know, but also people I don't know. I find myself reading headstones - like a baby who passed away 100 years ago - and I say to myself, almost without thought - "I see you little one and I am thinking of you." It is a very spiritual experience for me. I feel the energy there. When I spend time acknowledging a grave, someone I know or not, it is an exchange of energy for me. A "visit" definitely. I am here and I remember you and it is very personal. I have heard of stories where a body is found and never identified. The community buries the person and in some cases - they "adopt" that deceased person because it just bothers people to think that a person was totally disregarded and no one has ever come forward to claim the remains. Maybe it is for the living only - but I feel it is noticed by those individuals who have passed. To Minilyn - I think your son picking flowers and bringing them to you - would be amusing and entertaining to the "residents". Much like a child going into an Old Folks Home - most of the people are absolutely delighted with anything a child does and would appreciate the lively company. Just my thoughts on things.

awe thanks luv. Yea sometimes i look at my daughter angel and wonder what my 14 year old little girl would look like, her personality..etc it doesn't hurt any more, now when my baby boy was in the hospital all those bad feelings came back, i was so reliving everything again. But i was determined and i told god, he isn't bring this one home, not yet.

Starstruck Guest
    awe thanks luv. Yea sometimes i look at my daughter angel and wonder what my 14 year old little girl would look like, her personality..etc it doesn't hurt any more, now when my baby boy was in the hospital all those bad feelings came back, i was so reliving everything again. But i was determined and i told god, he isn't bring this one home, not yet.
    rjbrasher it's one of those things you always think about, what they would look like what they would be doing now. In the case of my son would he have still been with his girlfriend and would they be having babies now. The pain fades but there is always a an ache in the corner of your heart.

Djen Guest
    Oh rj and Starstruck, I'm so sorry for you both.

rjbrasher Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Starstruck View Post
    rjbrasher it's one of those things you always think about, what they would look like what they would be doing now. In the case of my son would he have still been with his girlfriend and would they be having babies now. The pain fades but there is always a an ache in the corner of your heart.

exactly hun. there are many days things are ok, then on other days its like day one again. The days im really senstive of it all is on those nice sunset evenings where that nice warm breeze just blow by, you smell the warmth, trees, grass and flowers then it dawns on me, here I am able to feel all of this, smell all of this, All alone but yet when i look up i can smile and say thank you and i love you. Then i got those rainy days where i feel the angels are crying with me. I can handle death, i'm really desensitized but when it deals with my mother and my oldest daughter. I just can't handle it at times. But your right it does fade, but it will never go away

But i can totally relate and see why these people would be upset from this old ass stealing flowers off the graves. Like i said before i fucked someone up for doing that to my nephews. If it was my daughters or mothers? Then you guys would be reading about me int he police blotter section Psyco mom/daughter breaks baseball bat up theirs ass after they stole off grave

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    RaRa, I've been fortunate enough to have never lost a child and I hope I never do. I think people still like to leave little trinkets and flowers on people's graves because it makes them feel better to still be able to do something for the person even if they are no longer alive. The deceased don't know or care about such things, but it makes the loved ones feel better to visit the grave and leave little gifts. One of my classmates was killed in a car wreck in September of 1981 when we were thirteen years old and in the eighth grade. I still visit his grave occasionally and take flowers and little trinkets to leave there. His parents and brother are still alive and they also leave things at his grave. It makes them feel good when people leave things at the grave for him because they know people still think of Troy and haven't forgotten him. I also buy things for the graves of my grandparents, my husband's grandma, my husband's stepmom, and two of my great uncles. I like for their graves to look nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachamama View Post
    My father died when I was four, and I barely remember him, but I still go to the cemetary and leave flowers for him. I think in a way, its to acknowledge that even though he isnt here anymore, he DID exist and he mattered, and he is still throught about and missed. His father, who died long before I was born is also buried nearby and I bring flowers for him as well. In some way he is also a part of me and I try to remember that in some small way.

Thanks guys. I can see your points.

oriole33 Guest

Lindsay

I put toy pumpkins on my father's grave a few years ago; I went back to visit Dad again at the cemetery the next day and the pumpkins had been stolen. I don't know why anyone would steal something off of the grave of someone's loved one.

Some cemeteries will remove stuff from graves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Some cemeteries will remove stuff from graves.
    The catholic cemetery near us HAS to clear them every two weeks. If they don't, the winer winds blow everything all over the place and it resembles the town dump.

MinLynn Guest
    One of the cemeteries around here clear the graves on a regular basis simply to prevent damage to their landscaping equipment. Make sense really, because I can just imagine what sucking up one of those toys or statues would do to a mower and in the winter everything gets blown around or covered by snow.

Starstruck Guest
    exactly hun. there are many days things are ok, then on other days its like day one again. The days im really senstive of it all is on those nice sunset evenings where that nice warm breeze just blow by, you smell the warmth, trees, grass and flowers then it dawns on me, here I am able to feel all of this, smell all of this, All alone but yet when i look up i can smile and say thank you and i love you. Then i got those rainy days where i feel the angels are crying with me. I can handle death, i'm really desensitized but when it deals with my mother and my oldest daughter. I just can't handle it at times. But your right it does fade, but it will never go away

I'd be right there in cell beside you ; - )

But i can totally relate and see why these people would be upset from this old ass stealing flowers off the graves. Like i said before i fucked someone up for doing that to my nephews. If it was my daughters or mothers? Then you guys would be reading about me int he police blotter section Psyco mom/daughter breaks baseball bat up theirs ass after they stole off grave
    I be right there in cell beside you : - )