Ric Flair

Helluva Wrestler, not so Helluva Businessman
    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...tler-real-life
    Delusion. Life's Best Coping Mechanism
    Check out Floyd's new Band:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHYA5iAAJg8

Soonerson Guest
    Woooooooooo

Oh no! Hows he gonna afford hair bleach?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    Helluva Wrestler, not so Helluva Businessman
    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...tler-real-life
    can't believe i spelled his name Rick not Ric.

read the part about how he and his wife got repeatedly hosed on universal and whole life polices. anyone who tries to sell me other than Term Life Insurance is asking for a can of Steve Austin Whooop Ass....

I think he should consider himself lucky to have gotten this far with no brains and little talent and looks.

Forever-27 Guest
    Wow my favorite wrestler The Natureboy .... He owns gyms across North Carolina. Hes not broke. Just stingy

" Because the Natureboy will be stylin and profilin, and your gonna bleed, all night long ! "

Wooooooo !!!!!

What a mess his life is.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

fairmanicmaeve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerson View Post
    Woooooooooo

For some reason I nearly PMSL over this! TY, I soooo needed it!

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerson View Post
    Woooooooooo

Mammy Guest
    Considering the fact that a large percentage of wrestlers die in their thirties and forties, he should be thankful to still be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by mammyofthree View Post
    Considering the fact that a large percentage of wrestlers die in their thirties and forties, he should be thankful to still be alive.
    At this point, he may even be questioning that. Hate to say it but I just can't help it...woooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Mammy Guest
    Yeah, that's true. I've always been broke so I'm used to it.

FannyB1923 Guest
    Seems like he could always make a career of "meet and greet" events- sign autographs at car shows and such. He was such a hero to little kids back in the day.

Funny how so many celebrities equate not being as rich as they used to be, with being poor. Keeping on top of the rent and groceries on the table is doing pretty good for a lot of people.

aedgar5000 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post
    Seems like he could always make a career of "meet and greet" events- sign autographs at car shows and such. He was such a hero to little kids back in the day.

Funny how so many celebrities equate not being as rich as they used to be, with being poor. Keeping on top of the rent and groceries on the table is doing pretty good for a lot of people.
    Absolutely. His mug is still marketable. I might even shell out some cash to meet him (not much, though ).

Forever-27 Guest
    The man is a wrestling legend. Him and Dusty Rohads were unstopable in the AWA. Then he turned on Dusty later while in the NWA. Ric Flair was part of the original Four Horsemen. Id go to pro wrestling soly to see him as a kid in the 70s. Then when he was with WCW in the 90s and so on.

I love this man !

I did see Sid Vicious beat his ass in WCW tho. That sucked.

78 Cobra II Fan Guest
    Its sad to see this he had it all and now he is a sad shell of what he used too be.

i would make time to watch him in divorce court if they put it on TV.

I can see it now. The Nature Boy goes to take the stand and is being sworn in. Instead of saying 'So Help Me God' he ends with a 'Woooooh!'

Bidmor Guest
    The Nature Boy's fourth wife, Jacqueline Fliehr, has filed for legal separation, claiming Ric is as much of a cheater in marriage as in the ring. Jackie also claims that he screwed her out of a bunch of bucks from a separation agreement he and she reached in October. She further claims that Ric still makes more than $1M a year.

Maybe he ain't broke.

Whooooooo!

http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/04/ric-fl...ueline-fliehr/

Mammy Guest
    Aww, I can't imagine how much of a struggle it must be to try to make ends meet on a paltry million dollars a year. Where's my Kleenex? Boofuckinhoo!

Bidmor Guest
    A judge orders the arrest of Ric Flair due to his failure to pay $32000 in spousal support. Flair claims that could not because of the recent death of his son and Ric had spent time in the hospital and had not worked in 3 months.

So is the Nature Boy in real life a heel or a face?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...rs-arrest.html

Introvert Guest
    He was the whole package, and easily the greatest wrestling star of the territorial days, before Vince McMahon launched the WWF into a global behemoth.

As an old-schooler however, he was obsessed with keeping "kayfabe", ie: insisting that what you saw on television or at events was entirely factual, both in terms of the matches themselves and the characters they portrayed. In this sense, Ric was stuck somewhat. The "Nature Boy" character was a wealthy young man who flaunted his success, and so he felt compelled to continue to be the "Nature Boy" in real life. As this was before Hulk Hogan became the first genuinely rich wrestler, this caused quite the hole in his bank account. Such stories of his splurging appear in the autobiographies of the likes of Bret Hart, Mick Foley and William Regal, amongst many others. And of course, this isn't even counting his many marriages and divorces, all with generous settlements, and if I recall correctly, all involve his ex-wives getting a cut of all future earnings (something I rarely agree with!)

The general consensus among other wrestlers seems to be extremely respectful of Flair as a talent and as an innovator, but very few are particularly enamoured with him as a person. Not that he's an asshole, but gave the impression of arrogance and was never "one of the boys", but would keep away from them, except to flash the cash on occasion.

On another note, I think it's unfortunate that his ex-wife is putting through legal wranglings now, when he's probably still mourning the sudden loss of his son Reid at just 25.

Ric Flair is 62 and broke...

He is also 62 and also a total flog.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    He is also 62 and also a total flog.
    What's a flog, Neil?

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    What's a flog, Neil?
    i think in australia it means idiot

I watched him and his side-piece on "Celebrity Wife Swap." He throws around money like he's a billionaire. His lady friend does NOTHING, has 4 kids (if I remember correctly), and he sends her off with $500/week, just to go to a spa. Um, she has people raising her kids, cooking and cleaning for her and doesn't work. What the HELL has she got to be stressed about? He also stays out all night in bars, throwing money around there, too. Also, his woman took Roddy on a shopping spree and spent almost $15,000 on clothes, without batting an eyeball.

Roddy Piper told him he was concerned about his lifestyle; and he basically scoffed at him, and told him that's the way he is. He's an attention-whore to the EXTREME! It's no surprise he's broke.

His life is still better than Hogan's

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenivere2011 View Post
    I watched him and his side-piece on "Celebrity Wife Swap." He throws around money like he's a billionaire. His lady friend does NOTHING, has 4 kids (if I remember correctly), and he sends her off with $500/week, just to go to a spa. Um, she has people raising her kids, cooking and cleaning for her and doesn't work. What the HELL has she got to be stressed about? He also stays out all night in bars, throwing money around there, too. Also, his woman took Roddy on a shopping spree and spent almost $15,000 on clothes, without batting an eyeball.

Roddy Piper told him he was concerned about his lifestyle; and he basically scoffed at him, and told him that's the way he is. He's an attention-whore to the EXTREME! It's no surprise he's broke.
    Ric is still living in the 1980's while he was on top as NWA champion...in high demand by wrestling promoters because of his drawing power and thus was paid as such. The wrestling champ always got a larger percentage of the gate than his challenger, on top of his fee. Of course Flair was probably pissing off those big paychecks back then too.

I think back to the mid 1980's in the old Texas Stadium, Irving Tx, when Flair "lost" the title to Kerry Von Erich. No telling how Flair made off of Kerry's old man, Fritz (Jack Adkissson) who was the promoter of that territory then to have Kerry get the belt. Of course Kerry quietly "lost" the belt back to Flair a week later in Japan. Flair and the NWA must have charged Fritz out the wazoo to have Flair loose his belt to Kerry for a week.

He lives in Charlotte correct?

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    i think in australia it means idiot
    That is a pretty good interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    His life is still better than Hogan's
    And Hogan's kid as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You know even though he no longer works for WWE his fan base is still there.

If you go to a live event all you hear is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PurrPurr Guest
    Baxterbulletin.com is reporting that WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair's ex-wife is still waiting on an estimated payment of $32,000 in support payments. Flair told The Charlotte Observer he planned to pay on Wednesday and still hasn't according to the new report. To check out the full article, click here.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    Baxterbulletin.com is reporting that WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair's ex-wife is still waiting on an estimated payment of $32,000 in support payments. Flair told The Charlotte Observer he planned to pay on Wednesday and still hasn't according to the new report. To check out the full article, click here.
    when told of the decision by the judge, Flair yelled 'Wooohoooo'

Bidmor Guest
    The Nature Boy gives a pep-talk to 49er's before they played Green Bay last week...to the astonishment of the Panthers...Flair's "home" team. Moreover he released a statement that he would not be attending the Panthers' first playoff game in five years Sunday.

The Charlotte Business Journal reports there is a warrant out for Flair's arrest on contempt of court charges. Maybe that has something to do with not being with his hometown team.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--steve-smith-s-flair-for-barbs--gritty-attitude-more-of-a-rallying-point-for-panthers-than-the--the-nature-boy--231840732.html

“What can I say? I’ve always been a very good heel!” Flair said in the statement.
    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...d-sundays.html
    Last edited by Bidmor; 01-11-2014 at 01:47 PM.

“What can I say? I’ve always been a very good heel!” Flair said in the statement.

Awesome
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

They spent 1.24 mill. and got $150,000.00 back and the wife was an idiot ................Then he went out spending more money for cars , boobs and jewelry for the new wife.........Apparently he is an idiot as well....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MCghoul38 View Post
    They spent 1.24 mill. and got $150,000.00 back and the wife was an idiot ................Then he went out spending more money for cars , boobs and jewelry for the new wife.........Apparently he is an idiot as well....
    Well that's par for top draw boxers and wrestlers, and most other pro athletes. There's a common defect in the portion of their brains which performs simple math. In fact, issue applies to all entertainers in general.

It's as if being a star in _____________ is the goal, on the adulation side. These same type people would be broke in any job or profession.

MysticCho Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    oh no! Hows he gonna afford hair bleach?
    bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Part of his bowel removed due to an obstruction.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...r-heath-update
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

I must have him confused with another wrestler, I thought he passed away a few years ago.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I must have him confused with another wrestler, I thought he passed away a few years ago.
    Me too.
    Last edited by cindyt; 05-17-2019 at 12:41 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD