Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ex Warrant Singer: Jani Lane

Haunting_Immortal Guest
    About the name debate....when Warrant was at the hotel that I worked at they called him Janie...and I asked them how he pronounced it and that is what I was told too.....

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FooFoo Shnickens View Post
    I watched Jani on "That Metal Show" last night. He really looked like hell, like he was sick. He seemed clear-headed and well-spoken, though (way more than I can say for fellow guest Taime Down - whoa nelly!). It was sad to watch, knowing it was his last TV appearance. I hope he rests in peace.

i am watching it right now.

i think jani seemed to be in pretty good shape.

taime downe? omfg, what a mess.

FooFoo Shnickens Guest
    The grossest thing to me about seeing Taime Downe now is that you just know there are probably still skanky women lining up to get with him. He looks like he needs some penicillin.

TMZ reported that he died from Alcohol Poisoning ... Ughhhh, he went all Keith Whitley on us...

I aint no saint, I have been drunkidy drunk before and felt like SHIZNIT, but how drunk do you have to be to die from it?
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    how drunk do you have to be to die from it?
    Depends on the person and their tollerance level. I don't drink so I'd probably be gone after like 3 beers!

Here is "That Metal Show" with Jani ... So sad, he looks really good to me.

http://www.vh1.com/video/that-metal-show/full-episodes/jani-lane-michael-sweet-taime-downe/1669899/playlist.jhtml
    My Posse's On Broadway

I must admit - that STRYPER dude is pretty damn hot...
    My Posse's On Broadway

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    I must admit - that STRYPER dude is pretty damn hot...
    LOL Okay that intrigued me enough to watch. i skipped through the video...Sweet was kinda cute. but yowza Jani looked like death.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    LOL Okay that intrigued me enough to watch. i skipped through the video...Sweet was kinda cute. but yowza Jani looked like death.
    Come on girl - you know Sweet looked hot - he is pushin' 50!!! LOL!!

I thought Jani looked kinda good - better than he did on Celebrity Rehab for sure. I never thought of him as "hot", but he seemed to be able to hold a good conversation. Ya jus' never know...
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by In a Sea of Sorrow View Post
    What a damn shame. A friend and I were just talking a couple months ago about him. She said he had trimmed down and was ready to go on the road. Warrant did make it into the 90's. One of the few hair/glam bands from the 80's that did.

Uncle Tom's Cabin was always my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx6f68Wd9dc&ob=av2e
    Great video, good guitar work. Say what you will about the hair bands, they knew how to play.

I saw Jani Lane on That Metal Show yesterday. It was taped not long before Jani's death. He didn't look particularly good (very gaunt). RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Winger had a lot more songs than 17.. Headed for a Heartbreak, Miles Away, Easy Come Easy Go..and those were just the hits everyone heard on the radio.

Kip is a counselor for the Rock Fantasy Camp, of which Kelly Keagy (of Night Ranger), Jack Blades (of Night Ranger) Roger Daltry, Steven Tyler and Todd Rungren participate (to name a few)

He also is one of the very few rockers from that era that looks better now than he ever has.
    Don't forget Reb Beach, Winger's guitarist. Pretty good shredder IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by laynesgrl View Post
    Say what you will but, I loved Hair Metal then and I love it still!! Jani Lane was one of the most underrated songwriters/singers of all time. He was a good lookin' talented guy of German descent who just happened to have been tormented in his latter years.
    Rock in Peace~Jani Lane~
    I'm with you. The spandex and spiked hair got to be a little much, but the hair bands knew how to play their instruments. Enter grunge where, with notable exceptions, every band member stood glued to the stage wearing the same flannel shirts. Musicianship and showmanship became uncool thus they never had to learn more than three chords. The notion that grunge "rescued" us from the 80's hair bands is absurd.

I was bummed when Jani died. He and his family lived in Ohio for a few years near where I worked, and I would see one or all of them on a weekly basis. The last time I talked to him was about 2 years ago. I stumbled on his Myspace page and sent him a message wondering if he remembered me. He seemed very happy when he wrote me back, telling me how he and his daughter were doing out in Cali.
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

Forever-27 Guest
    Fads change, trends change, music changes. You didnt.

Each generation likes what the previous one didnt.

For me I grew up with this hair metal stuff. Dudes with make up , long hair , assless chaps and spandex was the 80s generation. Many of thoes bands did indeed suck but many were great talents. Grunge wiped out the ripping guitar solos and replaced the hair bands with flannel clad angry kids and college students with guitars.

Hellena66 Guest
    poor dude i remember seeing him on one of those i love the 80s shows on VH1 he was lookin pretty awful. RIP Jani....

Bbeelzebub Guest
    I read another internet forum that is aimed at Gays. It's lots of people with supposed gossip and lots of rude bitching, but funny. Anyhow, one day somebody posted they just had sex with Jani Lane. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's made up unless he was really good at hiding his conquests. Anyhow, after he died, people started freaking out and thinking they killed him. LOL

Posters were worried that he somehow came across this thread during a google search and decided to end it all. Oi Vey.

http://www.datalounge.com/cgi-bin/io...hread,10579962

Quote Originally Posted by Bbeelzebub View Post
    I read another internet forum that is aimed at Gays. It's lots of people with supposed gossip and lots of rude bitching, but funny. Anyhow, one day somebody posted they just had sex with Jani Lane. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's made up unless he was really good at hiding his conquests. Anyhow, after he died, people started freaking out and thinking they killed him. LOL

Posters were worried that he somehow came across this thread during a google search and decided to end it all. Oi Vey.

Wow!! That is freakin' crazy - who know's what goes on behind closed doors... Being ashamed of this could have made him go even FURTHER over the edge with his drinkin' & druggin'...
    My Posse's On Broadway

JudyAnn Guest

Thanks for the link. I read the entire thread...all 20 some pages. I tend to believe OP and concur that perhaps news of his man-on-man encounter was enough to make him go on a final bender. Maybe he was afraid that he'd be outed? Cr

At about page 10 of the " I slept with Jani" link. Holy crap.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    i don't believe a word of it. whoever the poster was started out by implying that he was in a luxury home. jani was living in shit hotels.

not that there there would be anything wrong with whatever he was into. it just reads like a silly attention troll.

RaRaRamona Guest

I haven't read the article, but it sounds good, so I'll look it over. I have always gotten a gay vibe from him. He has a little bit of the gay face. I am giving no creedance to the poster at that forum, just sayin this doesn't shock me at all. Plus, even if he wasn't gay, if he was using he probably hooked up with a few dudes from time to time. Happens.

I just read the entire thread (obviously have too much time on my hands) and I don't know what to believe. The OP sounded believable in the beginning but then ended up recanting when word got out on other forums. I kinda think it happened simply because who would pick Jani Lane of all people? Maybe in 1989 but 2011?
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

Flowergrrl Guest
    I like his original name. No wonder he changed his middle name though. I finally saw his TMS episode from last year, and thought he looked pretty damn good for his age and all the rest of the shit. He claimed he was healthier, guess something happened and he started drinking again. Seems odd someone would make it to that age, then die from alcohol poisoning. Maybe it's because I would associate something like that with a person who is MUCH younger, and doesn't know any better, like a teenager or young adult... Or, someone who had quit, then started again, and overdid it.

FooFoo Shnickens Guest
    I think about Jani Lane quite a bit... because I constantly listen to "Hair Nation" when I'm driving and they play a lot of Warrant. The whole thing just makes me sad. While some of their songs were hokey, many were actually quite good (and catchy) and he wasn't a half bad vocalist. I hope he is at peace.

I met Jani Lane in a bar where he was doing a solo show. It was my 28th birthday, and he found out from the opening band (who I knew). During the set he took out his acoustic, sat on a stool and played "Sad Theresa" for me, because the other band told him it was one of my favorite Warrant tunes. After the show, he hung out and had a few drinks with us and we talked about music for awhile. He was a great guy, and a very underrated talent.

Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    At about page 10 of the " I slept with Jani" link. Holy crap.

yeah i read that thread too! 'i hope he doesn't kill himself', 'narcissists commit suicide when they are revealed'. some pretty freaky stuff, even if it didn't really happen, and i have no idea if it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I met Jani Lane in a bar where he was doing a solo show. It was my 28th birthday, and he found out from the opening band (who I knew). During the set he took out his acoustic, sat on a stool and played "Sad Theresa" for me, because the other band told him it was one of my favorite Warrant tunes. After the show, he hung out and had a few drinks with us and we talked about music for awhile. He was a great guy, and a very underrated talent.
    That is really a cool story... I wasn't a huge Warrant fan, but just from what I have read about him I think you are right - her was underrated and never got over the "hair band cherry pie" stigma... =(
    My Posse's On Broadway

Bbeelzebub Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    i don't believe a word of it. whoever the poster was started out by implying that he was in a luxury home. jani was living in shit hotels.

not that there there would be anything wrong with whatever he was into. it just reads like a silly attention troll.

I'm not saying it's not made up, but..... You can bet your last dollar if any sane person was looking for attention, they wouldn't say they'd slept with Jani Lane to get it. :shutters:

Maybe in 1990 and if you liked cherub faced rockers with jacked teeth, but I'm thinking that's about it. LOL If it was attention they were after, Kip Winger would obviously be the better choice.

I'm not saying it's not made up, but..... You can bet your last dollar if any sane person was looking for attention, they wouldn't say they'd slept with Jani Lane to get it. :shutters:

Maybe in 1990 and if you liked cherub faced rockers with jacked teeth, but I'm thinking that's about it. LOL If it was attention they were after, Kip Winger would obviously be the better choice.

LOL!! Everytime I hear the word "Winger" it cracks me up... =) Now that I know it's "Kip" Winger that makes it even worse!! LOL! Thank you!
    My Posse's On Broadway

lisalouver Guest
    Not sure why, but thinking about Jani tonight..

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post

taime downe? omfg, what a mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by FooFoo Shnickens View Post
    The grossest thing to me about seeing Taime Downe now is that you just know there are probably still skanky women lining up to get with him. He looks like he needs some penicillin.
    OT, but my Lord does that man not look like the love child of Jabba the Hut and Marilyn Manson? Stop already, dude.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    OT, but my Lord does that man not look like the love child of Jabba the Hut and Marilyn Manson? Stop already, dude.
    I was thinking he looked like the lc of King Kong Bundy and Mick Mars.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Yes, yes, I can see that as well. Mick Mars. Egad. If there's really an Angel of Death it looks like Mick Mars.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

manic Guest
    R.I.P. Jani Lane.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jani Lane Room 118 Woodland Hills Comfort Inn Warrant rip jani.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	46741

Housekeeping didnt want to touch him.

http://www.themortonreport.com/enter...ch-the-body-1/

Operator: Okay. So what’s the problem? Tell me exactly what happened.
    Receptionist: Okay. The housekeeping, when they were about to clean the room, they knocked the room door three times and he didn’t open the door. They finally opened it and one of the housekeeping checked they guy, like, ‘Maybe he’d dead,’ because, his eyes…
    Operator: Okay. Do you know about how old, approximately what age the patient is?
    Receptionist: Maybe like 50.
    Operator: Male or female?
    Receptionist: Male.
    Operator: So do you know if they’re conscious? You don’t know?
    Receptionist: No. Because when we opened the door they didn’t go closer.
    Operator: So you guys don’t know what’s going on there?
    Receptionist: No, because --
    Operator: You have a defibrillator?
    Receptionist: Uh…
    Operator: A shock box for the heart. Do you guys have one?
    Receptionist: No.
    Operator: Okay. Paramedics are on the way, okay? Just stay on the line, I’ll tell you exactly what to do next. Does anybody there know CPR or first aid?
    Receptionist: I - no…
    Operator: Is there any way you can transfer me to the room? Is there anyone there that’s willing to go into the room and see if we can maybe do CPR? Or do you think the patent has already passed away?
    Receptionist: I think passed away, because when they checked the guy, like, his eyes were open and his mouth, he wasn’t breathing.
    Operator: Was there an odour? Was he stiff?
    Receptionist: The guy? The room? Odor?
    Operator: Was there an odor? Did it smell?
    Receptionist: No. They didn’t really, like, go inside, so housekeeping think he’s dead.
    Operator: Okay, well, tell you what ma’am, if somebody is willing to go there and go check it out, then give us a call, okay? We’re on our way. You don’t have to - but if this person needs help, if we need to do CPR, it would be nice to at least know if we could help him. If not, if he’s passed away, there’s nothing else we can do.
    Receptionist: So you want us to go in the room and -
    Operator: Well, it’s up to you ma’am. Are you, is someone willing to go in the room, or…?

Last edited by ichabodius; 05-16-2013 at 10:17 PM.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Housekeeping didnt want to touch him.

http://www.themortonreport.com/enter...ch-the-body-1/

Operator: Okay. So what’s the problem? Tell me exactly what happened.
    Receptionist: Okay. The housekeeping, when they were about to clean the room, they knocked the room door three times and he didn’t open the door. They finally opened it and one of the housekeeping checked they guy, like, ‘Maybe he’d dead,’ because, his eyes…
    Operator: Okay. Do you know about how old, approximately what age the patient is?
    Receptionist: Maybe like 50.
    Operator: Male or female?
    Receptionist: Male.
    Operator: So do you know if they’re conscious? You don’t know?
    Receptionist: No. Because when we opened the door they didn’t go closer.
    Operator: So you guys don’t know what’s going on there?
    Receptionist: No, because --
    Operator: You have a defibrillator?
    Receptionist: Uh…
    Operator: A shock box for the heart. Do you guys have one?
    Receptionist: No.
    Operator: Okay. Paramedics are on the way, okay? Just stay on the line, I’ll tell you exactly what to do next. Does anybody there know CPR or first aid?
    Receptionist: I - no…
    Operator: Is there any way you can transfer me to the room? Is there anyone there that’s willing to go into the room and see if we can maybe do CPR? Or do you think the patent has already passed away?
    Receptionist: I think passed away, because when they checked the guy, like, his eyes were open and his mouth, he wasn’t breathing.
    Operator: Was there an odour? Was he stiff?
    Receptionist: The guy? The room? Odor?
    Operator: Was there an odor? Did it smell?
    Receptionist: No. They didn’t really, like, go inside, so housekeeping think he’s dead.
    Operator: Okay, well, tell you what ma’am, if somebody is willing to go there and go check it out, then give us a call, okay? We’re on our way. You don’t have to - but if this person needs help, if we need to do CPR, it would be nice to at least know if we could help him. If not, if he’s passed away, there’s nothing else we can do.
    Receptionist: So you want us to go in the room and -
    Operator: Well, it’s up to you ma’am. Are you, is someone willing to go in the room, or…?

That's kind of sad. Why call 911 if you're not going to do anything? Draw straws or something, but don't just leave the operator hanging!
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

lisalouver Guest
    Yeah, thats shitty.

38. 05-17-2013, 02:39 AM

manic Guest
    Sorry. I had to delete my last post because I had to re upload the video. Here's a small video I did in the room. I have another long video with the 911 call behind it but someone asked me to take it down... Do you guys think I should put the long one back up? I really want to put it up but I don't want people getting all pissed at me for being the first person to have gone in there and filmed. What do you guys think?

Here's the small one...

i think he's gonna haunt ur ass now... j/k

wonder which bed he preferred

lisalouver Guest
    Today would have been Jani's 50th birthday.

Happy Birthday Jani, RIP

His youngest daughter Maddie did a cover of Heaven a few months ago in tribute...

https://soundcloud.com/maddilxne/heaven-rough-version

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalRose View Post
    His youngest daughter Maddie did a cover of Heaven a few months ago in tribute...

https://soundcloud.com/maddilxne/heaven-rough-version
    Thanks for sharing! Poor girl. Gotta be hard to sing that considering. I lost my dad at 19 so I have a soft spot little girls who lose their Daddy too soon. Regardless, he was her dad and cannot be replaced.
    My Posse's On Broadway