Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: JFK, Jr.

He would have been President in 2008 if he had lived. Never would have heard of Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    He would have been President in 2008 if he had lived. Never would have heard of Obama.
    Doubt that. Why? Because some idiot would have shot him during the race, that's why. And if by some miracle he made it to the white house some idiot would have killed him.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-15-2017 at 12:39 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Last edited by cash; 01-05-2019 at 09:54 PM.

I have not seen it yet. But in reading this article and a couple of others I will know what to expect from it. Lost in Camelot circa 1960, seeing only the dream and not the reality. And for the record I have always hated that family.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I missed it. Just saw bits and pieces on the preview. Does not seem like 20 years ago.

Well, I've always loved them. I guess it's an American thing. However, I don't and never have idolized them. Old Joe made his fortune bootlegging. Young Joe wanted to trump Jack's PT=109 heroism and died in the sky. Kick insisted her pilot fly in inclement weather. Jack refused a bubble top on the presidential limo. JFK Jr. insisted on flying without one of his instructors. Books have been written about their self-entitled exploits. They were not cursed. The American writer Henry Miller said "We create our fate every day we live." And we do. And they did.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Maybe I am in a bad mood or something, but...

What did this guy EVER accomplish, other than EVENTUALLY passing the bar? I realize a lot of people think he was cute, but they would never have even seen a photo of him if not for who his father was. Lots of cute people in the world. LOL
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I saw it. They seemed more interested in talking about how great a guy he was then giving the true story in my opinion. One admission was that far from his salute as a toddler being a spur of the moment thing, it had been planned and practised beforehand and Jackie told him when to do it. They seemed more interested in who he dated and spent a good deal of time going back to that again and again and as usual, Carolyn was portrayed one minute as a women who had more balls than most men, capable of standing up to him and everyone else then the next, she was this does eyed innocent who couldn't deal.

The crash seemed like an afterthought and there was only one person who said he had no business flying while the rest seemed to blame it on the weather and other factors rather than come out and say he was at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I saw it. They seemed more interested in talking about how great a guy he was then giving the true story in my opinion. One admission was that far from his salute as a toddler being a spur of the moment thing, it had been planned and practised beforehand and Jackie told him when to do it. They seemed more interested in who he dated and spent a good deal of time going back to that again and again and as usual, Carolyn was portrayed one minute as a women who had more balls than most men, capable of standing up to him and everyone else then the next, she was this does eyed innocent who couldn't deal.

The crash seemed like an afterthought and there was only one person who said he had no business flying while the rest seemed to blame it on the weather and other factors rather than come out and say he was at fault.
    I got that same impression, easier to look the other way then face facts. I think the family motto was "Because we can" or something like that. Their arrogance, recklessness and abject stupidity has caused a lot of damage not only to themselves but to many others over the years. http://martybhasissues.blogspot.com/...y-dynasty.html
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I remember seeing an interview shortly after the crash with a pilot there at the airport.
    He talked about how bad the flying conditions were the night of the crash.

He was there that night and heard a plane taxiing out to the runway for take off and thought something like, "Some fool is going to die out there tonight."
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I remember seeing an interview shortly after the crash with a pilot there at the airport.
    He talked about how bad the flying conditions were the night of the crash.

He was there that night and heard a plane taxiing out to the runway for take off and thought something like, "Some fool is going to die out there tonight."
    I've watched quite a few documentaries about the crash and in everyone, they have put the blame on him which is where it should be. There were quite a few pilots interviewed including some with 20+ years experience and even they said they wouldn't dare go out unless they absolutely had to because the weather was that bad.

A couple of people seemingly did warn him it was a bad idea and even offered the option of someone going with him to be on the safe side when it became clear he was still going ahead but he waved them off saying he would be fine.

Carole Radziwill who was married to John's cousin Anthony has said in the past she would never have flown with him because of his inexperience. She should have said that in the interview. Sad that her own husband died a month after John from cancer. I have read John considered Anthony not only a cousin but his best friend, and was very close to Lee Radziwill, more then the Kennedy's.

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Maybe I am in a bad mood or something, but...

What did this guy EVER accomplish, other than EVENTUALLY passing the bar? I realize a lot of people think he was cute, but they would never have even seen a photo of him if not for who his father was. Lots of cute people in the world. LOL
    A very good point, he was born rich...aka Donald Trump.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I thought he was cute, but that's about it. I also thought he was a moron.

I kinda remember when he couldnt pass the bar or whatever and it was news.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    I thought he was cute, but that's about it. I also thought he was a moron.

I kinda remember when he couldnt pass the bar or whatever and it was news.
    He was not very bright, that's for sure, especially for someone who liked to take risks.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    He was not very bright, that's for sure, especially for someone who liked to take risks.
    Perhaps one led to the other...
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Perhaps one led to the other...
    Who knows. Ranker lists JFK as one of the most intelligent presidents ever.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The thing I don’t quite understand about JFK Jr.’s crash is that knowing that plane, it should have had the ability to send a distress signal from wherever it went down. Also, he was t that far out from the vineyard. He contacted the tower about his approach if I’m not mistaken. He should e landed within 5 minutes. The fact that no search was started sooner is very strange.

In aviation, the tower should have notified authorities. Actually, I want to say they did as I recall early news clips. But no one did anything. Carole Radziwill shouldn’t have been the one to notify the coast guard. That she was seems odd. I know he didn’t file a flight plan, but if he’d contacted the tower on approach, that should’ve been enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Carole Radziwill who was married to John's cousin Anthony has said in the past she would never have flown with him because of his inexperience. She should have said that in the interview. Sad that her own husband died a month after John from cancer. I have read John considered Anthony not only a cousin but his best friend, and was very close to Lee Radziwill, more then the Kennedy's.
    i thought she actually had flown with him. Maybe not in his new plane, but the one before the piper.

Quote Originally Posted by sfcitygirl View Post
    i thought she actually had flown with him. Maybe not in his new plane, but the one before the piper.
    Her husband had but not her. It was in a Vanity Fair article and she said the thought of it made her very uneasy.

Admin Cindy Guest
    sfcitygir, please do not make consecutive posts less than 30 minutes apart, otherwise, it's spamming the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sfcitygirl View Post
    The thing I don??t quite understand about JFK Jr.??s crash is that knowing that plane, it should have had the ability to send a distress signal from wherever it went down. Also, he was t that far out from the vineyard. He contacted the tower about his approach if I??m not mistaken. He should e landed within 5 minutes. The fact that no search was started sooner is very strange.

In aviation, the tower should have notified authorities. Actually, I want to say they did as I recall early news clips. But no one did anything. Carole Radziwill shouldn??t have been the one to notify the coast guard. That she was seems odd. I know he didn??t file a flight plan, but if he??d contacted the tower on approach, that should??ve been enough.
    I??m almost certain JFK Jr didn??t contact any airport except the one he departed from. I could be wrong though. On the ABC special that aired awhile back, someone from an airport (can??t remember which one) said that at some point during the flight, JFK Jr??s plane was in the path of a commercial jet. The jet and the airport tried contacting him and he didn??t answer. I think the jet had to move as he never did and the pilot was pissed. I don??t know if John was on the wrong station or if that??s possible, but I don??t think he ever contacted anyone at any time. I??ve no idea about the stress signal part as I know nothing about planes. My guess is maybe it didn??t go off because it was destroyed. I vaguely remember there being talk of a beacon signal during the live coverage which is how the Coast Guard knew where to look. I don??t think that beacon is the same as a distress signal though. Again, my plane knowledge is limited.

Regarding the search, the plane went down at 9:41 pm and an intern at Martha??s Vineyard airport contacted the FAA at around 10pm to report that he hadn??t arrived. The FAA said they couldn??t tell the intern anything. I don??t even know what that means. The Kennedys reported the plane missing at 2am, presumably after Carole Radziwill called them after someone waiting for Lauren or John didn??t show up. The search started at 4am. That sounds about right all things considered.

After reading more about the crash all these years later, it??s clear that it was definitely an avoidable accident. I know the consensus is that John was a moron, but I don??t think he was. He wasn??t an intellectual by any means and Jackie had to charm school officials a few times so he wouldn??t be thrown out of the posh schools he attended but if you listen to him speak, he wasn??t a dumb dumb. He was accident prone for sure, was notoriously careless and had that stupid ??I??m a Kennedy and ordinary rules don??t apply to ME!!? mindset. That idiotic way of thinking has gotten a lot of Kennedys and people around them killed.
    Last edited by MagneticElectric; 07-17-2019 at 04:11 AM.

I've read quiet a few detailed articles about the plane crash lately, one was an except of a new book, and none mentioned him contacting a tower or a beacon.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I've read quiet a few detailed articles about the plane crash lately, one was an except of a new book, and none mentioned him contacting a tower or a beacon.
    It's like rich men who fly there own private planes
    they just seem to think they are smarter then the
    rest of us.(nope)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

If these details listed upthread are true, I’m surprised he hadn’t filed a flight plan, and surprised/amused that the jet had to move around him due to non-response, but sad the search started over 6 hours after the crash. The recovery efforts would’ve been more dignified/less gross, probably (although it’s not like all the bodies would’ve necessarily been intact). Seems like it would’ve been recovery in any case, not rescue, since they didn’t have a chance given the way the plane went down.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

I agree. I don't think that he was a moron. He was one of those people who went into things without thinking it through. I'm sure that last evening was no different.