Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebecca Nalepa found Hanged

Giada Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    But why naked and bound?
    Stripped of purpose ... naked, tied to custom, bound. Public display, sorrow, atonement.

This was on Dr. Drew last night. Very suspicious. Her son falls down the stairs just one day / night before & dies at the hospital the next day from injuries.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    This was on Dr. Drew last night. Very suspicious. Her son falls down the stairs just one day / night before & dies at the hospital the next day from injuries.
    I thought they said on Drew that the boy hadn't died yet when she was hanged. They said the dad was at the hospital with the boy on life support when they found the girlfriend.

I think the son already died.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmm.. I just reread the original link and it just said the boy was injured.

Here's another link with more information and a picture of Max. Cute boy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ax-6-dies.html

According to that, he fell on Monday, was in a coma, she died on Wednesday, and he died on this past Monday. Also there was supposedly a loud party on the Tuesday in between the fall and the hanging. I don't know what that was about.

pvezz Guest
    I don't know why I assumed she was hanging from a second-floor balcony INSIDE the house, not OUTSIDE. Regardless, the first thing I thought of was that scene in The Omen when the nanny yells, "I'm doing this for you, Damien!" and jumps off that rail.

Giada Guest
    I understand the reports of a party isn't true. Loud music was heard from the home by a neighbor on Tuesday afternoon.

The only update is that Shacknai has hired a PR firm, and both Shacknai and his ex-wife Dina have issued a statement they are unhappy with the release of photos and information on the issue of domestic abuse.

havoc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    I don't know why I assumed she was hanging from a second-floor balcony INSIDE the house, not OUTSIDE. Regardless, the first thing I thought of was that scene in The Omen when the nanny yells, "I'm doing this for you, Damien!" and jumps off that rail.
    OMG, that scene freaked me out.

I understood it that the little boy was still alive in the hospital when she was found.....

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    According to that, he fell on Monday, was in a coma, she died on Wednesday, and he died on this past Monday. Also there was supposedly a loud party on the Tuesday in between the fall and the hanging. I don't know what that was about.
    You are correct, the boy was on life support until the 18th. As for the party, I heard that it sounded like a party because of loud music but not necessarily people.

As for suicide, I heard the best theory yesterday for a motive and it was suggested that it was not so much guilt, but the prospect of losing millionaire lifestyle. It has been reported that Shacknai was about to pop the question and with the boy dying on her watch, that most certainly wasn't going to happen.

Speculation is fun!!

havoc Guest
    Any background on this woman? All I can find is that they've been together 2 years, she's Burmese and her brother issued a statement about not blaming the boyfriend.

That's about it.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I thought they said on Drew that the boy hadn't died yet when she was hanged. They said the dad was at the hospital with the boy on life support when they found the girlfriend.
    I think he just died on Sat. She died on Mon, so it was before.

You are correct, the boy was on life support until the 18th. As for the party, I heard that it sounded like a party because of loud music but not necessarily people.

As for suicide, I heard the best theory yesterday for a motive and it was suggested that it was not so much guilt, but the prospect of losing millionaire lifestyle. It has been reported that Shacknai was about to pop the question and with the boy dying on her watch, that most certainly wasn't going to happen.

Speculation is fun!!
    yes it is!

Nice theory, too

Question Ok ok son dies....

Could it be possible that perhaps she accidentally pushed or tripped the boy down the stairs and felt guilty and pulled a 'Melinda Ducket' ????? But I think it is possible for some women to be able to contort themselves to have their hands behind their back....

Or is that kind of an impossible scenario???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

After discussing this with my DW, we've concluded that Dina Shacknai had Rebecca Zahau murdered. To me it's clear cut. Dina couldn't stand Rebecca, couldn't stand the thought of Rebecca looking after her son. When the kid was mortally injured under Zahau's watch, Dina snapped and wanted her dead. I don't think she could have done it herself, she definitely had help. Juicy shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    After discussing this with my DW, we've concluded that Dina Shacknai had Rebecca Zahau murdered. To me it's clear cut. Dina couldn't stand Rebecca, couldn't stand the thought of Rebecca looking after her son. When the kid was mortally injured under Zahau's watch, Dina snapped and wanted her dead. I don't think she could have done it herself, she definitely had help. Juicy shit!
    Revenge gets you nothing though but the potential for real trouble. On top of that, how do you hire someone? Hits are done but it seems when someone tries that is not in that "business" there is a good possibility you get caught.

Revenge gets you nothing though but the potential for real trouble. On top of that, how do you hire someone? Hits are done but it seems when someone tries that is not in that "business" there is a good possibility you get caught.
    Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Dina was out of her mind with rage, so thinking it through properly wasn't something she was capable of doing. Finding an accomplice is a hitch in my theory, I do admit.

Someone needs to create a whodunnit poll!

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Dina was out of her mind with rage, so thinking it through properly wasn't something she was capable of doing. Finding an accomplice is a hitch in my theory, I do admit.

Someone needs to create a whodunnit poll!
    It will be interesting to go back through this thread when the details finally do emerge and see who came closest to the truth.

BTW, can you imagine the ghost stories that are going to come out of this in the future?

Fantastic work, Barbossa & Mrs B.! When I see the name "Dina", I think Lohan, and the word "snapped" ain't far behind that.

Isn't Dina a therapist? Not to rat out one of my own, so to speak, but those of us in that business meet some pretty scary people. And anyone crazy enough to have asked for plastic surgery like she has apparently views the world a little differently to begin with. Just because her husband liked lions as pets doesn't mean he wants to screw one. At least I hope... Anyway, I digress. I don't think it's a huuuge stretch for her to possibly run through a mental rolodex of patients that may be capable of "helping" her.

And, in reference to females not committing suicide in the nude-I agree. I have had, in 15 years, at least a half dozen women tell me a variation of, "if I'm ever found dead and naked, I didn't do it". Not a huge number, but a pretty startling statement. And, not once has a woman who has attempted suicide told me she removed her clothes prior to the attempt, no matter the method.

DrDeath Guest
    I'm picturing a made for TV movie about this. I'm backing your theory. To be honest if I held someone responsible for my child's death I'd hang her myself, not let someone else do it and to hell with the consequences. My life would be effectively over.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    I'm picturing a made for TV movie about this. I'm backing your theory. To be honest if I held someone responsible for my child's death I'd hang her myself, not let someone else do it and to hell with the consequences. My life would be effectively over.
    To air on Lifetime, Oxygen or WE? I am betting Lifetime.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

DrDeath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Ah I'm English and therefore unfamiliar with these channels but I'm guessing Hallmark (which I get) won't be bidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Maybe all 3, like was done with The Amy Fisher Story.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxyMillions View Post
    Maybe all 3, like was done with The Amy Fisher Story.
    That would rock!

Has this case been in the news lately? Any recent new updates????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Giada Guest
    Updates are limited ... Police are awaiting tox results and completing their interviews.

Jonah Shacknai was at Rebecca's funeral, apparently her family is not upset with him, or considers him involved in her death.

Lisamarie Guest
    I kno a helicopter caught a photo of her laying there with a blanket over her...creepy...

RaRaRamona Guest
    I wish they'd hurry up

Giada Guest
    Still nothing new ...

The Ronni Chasen case took months before we finally got a case closed. I'm expecting the same with this one.

Bessolo Guest
    As weird as this story is (and I do believe the claim of suicide to be a "story") I distinctly recall seeing this on the news several weeks to a month before it became "news".

The thing is that when I first saw mention of it I didn't get around to clicking on the link nor reading the article but it clearly was the same story. WTF? Am I now seeing into the future? Hell, I have trouble remembering my name! That's why I have name tags in all my underwear, only get into trouble when I go commando.

bizarre case

Is the ex-wife considered a suspicious person??? This whole case is very bizarre ; they are saying police ruled out suicide ; what woman in their right mind would committ suicide, naked and in a more open public place? But then again, your dead so .. what does it matter if your naked?

I just don't know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Giada Guest
    Tabloids attempting to attract attention by making statements such as ...

A source tells us ... (who is the source?)

Article in AZ central yesterday stated results will be in 2-3 weeks.

Same here

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I wish they'd hurry up
    Me too! Bet it'll be good when the info comes out. Well, not good as in YAY, everyone's happy...but interesting, anyway?
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Giada Guest

Bessolo Guest
    Thanks for the link. How despicable the media has gotten showing not just a dead body but one which is nude. I'm no prude by any means but this is a case of over the top disrespect and lack of common decency.

Whomever is in charge of making the decision to air this footage should be found naked and bound!

Giada Guest
    Local news, (San Diego, KTLA) was reporting this as a suicide last night.

There are still too many things that don't seem right with this. The brother said he took her down when he found her but if she was hanging from the balcony how did she get way over on the grass? (Wouldn't most people have lowered her roughly straight down or on the paved area right there and not carry/drag a person at least another 6 to 10 feet away?) There should be an upward angle somewhere on her neck from the rope if she was hanging from the balcony. But if the mark from the rope is all straight around her neck, wouldn't you suspect she was strangled?

I took a psychology class and part of it was about suicides. It included reading suicide notes and discussing the various means of suicide and if a male or female was more likely to commit suicide in a certain way. It is very rare for a female to commit suicide while they are nude. If guilt plays a part in a suicide, a female is more likely to leave a note and the note would be very specific about the reason and the female would mention how sorry they were and/or apologize. (No note in this case?)

Giada Guest
    I was surprised at the high rate of hanging suicides by females, 39%.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_by_hanging

When you discussed female suicides DG, was it from a multi-cultural perspective?

It's my thought Rebecca's suicide was an act of shame and contrition, possibly influenced by her culture.

We didn't get into sexual preference and only had limited info on a multi-cultural perspective. I remember that a ritual suicide was more likely to take place in the country where a person's highest amount of exposure to what they identified with as their culture was located.

I see where one could make a case that this was a suicide which reflected shame and/or guilt, but I wouldn't lean towards that unless several of the unanswered factors weren't present. The location of the body keeps jumping out as something that calls for an answer as to how it got to that location.

One interesting thing I learned in the class was that it is very rare for a female to commit suicide by shooting theirself in the face. Yes, vanity.

Women like to go the painless route. I believe pills are the number one way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Women like to go the painless route.
    And the least disfiguring, especially the face.

Suicide is my bet, she was inconsolable after the death of her kid.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

I forgot that it would be interesting to know the condition and location of the clothes she was wearing that day. If they take off their clothes, females tend (not always) to leave their clothes folded neatly or laying on furniture before committing suicide. This can change if the female has been drinking and/or using drugs.

Lout_Rampage Guest
    So frigging weird. Sorry, that's all I have to add. Lol

Giada Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Ghost View Post
    I forgot that it would be interesting to know the condition and location of the clothes she was wearing that day. If they take off their clothes, females tend (not always) to leave their clothes folded neatly or laying on furniture before committing suicide. This can change if the female has been drinking and/or using drugs.
    I can't answer to questions about the body's position, and have followed the case on local news.

The six year old child, Max, was sliding down the bannister when the accident happened.

He had stopped breathing and was placed on life support upon arrival at the hospital. This would have been a heavy weight for anyone to carry, knowing the child would not survive.

Giada Guest
    http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/nation...e-been-suicide

And a detective's name is finally associated with the case.

Snipped ...

Detective Rick Carlson said, â??I could see a person binding their hands so they wouldnâ??t be able to help themselves out of the noose once they committed to the act of hanging."

Per the article ... her feet were not tied/bound.

Roy Hazelwood, in his book The Evil That Men Do, says that he has never seen a woman commit suicide by hanging in the nude, outside of a mental hospital. According to the book, nude hanging with bondage involved is most likely an attempt at autoerotic asphixiation.

ryanolivia Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post

It wasn't her kid. She was just the woman who was fucking the child's father.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post

She was the father's live in girlfriend. And I don't think they'd been together very long. I could be wrong on that last.

Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post

Detective Rick Carlson said, â??I could see a person binding their hands so they wouldnâ??t be able to help themselves out of the noose once they committed to the act of hanging."

Per the article ... her feet were not tied/bound.

Yikes. Now that's morbid.

Giada Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    She was the father's live in girlfriend. And I don't think they'd been together very long. I could be wrong on that last.

Yikes. Now that's morbid.
    They were together for over two years. Rebecca worked as an opthamology assistant until last December when she left the position to care for Jonah's 3 children during the time they were with him.

The autopsy report, when released at case closed, will provide us with more info.

(Remember all the speculation with Ronni Chasen ... )

RaRaRamona Guest
    Ah then she was probably very attached to the boy.

What was the Ronnie Chasen speculation?

Giada Guest
    The speculation on Ronni Chasen ...

Mob hit, someone within the industry had a personal vendetta ...

(Certainly a woman who is naked and commits suicide is unusual but not outside the province of behavior given her distress)

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    The speculation on Ronni Chasen ...

Mob hit, someone within the industry had a personal vendetta ...

(Certainly a woman who is naked and commits suicide is unusual but not outside the province of behavior given her distress)
    Thanks. I wasn't really into that one. Looks like I should have been!