Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebecca Nalepa found Hanged

Giada Guest

Rebecca Nalepa found Hanged

Coronado, California

Spreckel's Mansion .... Rebecca Nalepa found naked, bound and hanging from balcony.

http://www.wtvr.com/news/kswb-corona...0,380265.story

Strange story, what adds to the oddity is this is Shacknai's girlfriend, and his son fell two days prior to this death and is in a coma at a local hospital.

This is totally weird, Twilight Zone time. I have a feeling when it starts to unravel it will get REALLY strange.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

aLiLdirt Guest
    I agree. We've not heard the last of this.

tarsier Guest
    This reminds me of an older than me case I heard of where a doctor was tried for the murder of his wife when she was found hanging naked from their bedroom window. He clsimed it was kinky but consensual sex and was aquitted. This would have been late 50's- early 60's. The Doctor's name was Love.

havoc Guest
    Nude. Hanging outside on a balcony. Hands and feet bound?

hmmmm......

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nalepa.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	31121  

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tarsier View Post
    This reminds me of an older than me case I heard of where a doctor was tried for the murder of his wife when she was found hanging naked from their bedroom window. He clsimed it was kinky but consensual sex and was aquitted. This would have been late 50's- early 60's. The Doctor's name was Love.
    Dr. Love - what an unfortunate name. Was he perchance a OB-GYN? :-)

Giada Guest
    Possible suicide ...

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/articl...de-1467523.php

I think this was a given, either suicide or murder. The child did not have a pulse when the paramedics arrived on Monday, and he was under her care.

The child, 6 year old boy, had fallen down a staircase.

Normally this would weigh heavily on the heart. I wonder if she was supported or critisized through the process.

Autopsy today.

Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    This is totally weird, Twilight Zone time. I have a feeling when it starts to unravel it will get REALLY strange.
    Another one of these from our neck of the woods. The police have been saying they "haven't ruled out foul play". Well, duh.. pretty hard to bind your hands and feet and hang yourself.

Hands and feet tied,this has suicide written all over it...I take it Moe Howard is the lead investigator on this case?
    Those are my principles.If you don't like them,I have others.

-Groucho Marx-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Giada Guest
    I'll question the accuracy of reporting. First report, she was discovered on the ground ... deceased.

Second report, hands and feet bound, cut down by her boyfriends brother.

Waiting on autopsy report ...

Yep ... our neck of the woods, beautiful Coronado.

(Lot's of inaccuracy surrounding the reporting on Ronnie Chasen ... just sayin' ... )

Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    Yep ... our neck of the woods, beautiful Coronado.
    The house is on Ocean Blvd, which is prime real estate. About a block from the Hotel Del Coronado, facing one of the country's top rated beaches.

I'll question the accuracy of reporting. First report, she was discovered on the ground ... deceased.
    She was on the ground because the brother of her boyfriend (the one who discovered her) cut her down. Broke the number one rule when you discover a crime scene, disturbing it.

RaRaRamona Guest
    It would be very odd if the incident with the boy was unrelated as they say

RaRaRamona Guest
    ....would she have put the dog at the kennel bc the dog caused the boy to fall.....or bc she was concerned for his safety...or bc she knew something was going to happen to her...

Evil Sushi Guest
    I read somewhere she was still alive when he found her but died soon after.

Surely they can tell from the knots whether she tied them herself or not? Or perhaps I've been watching too much TV.

Giada Guest
    The police are holding close on releasing information on this case.

http://www.azcentral.com/business/ar...o-mystery.html

Jason Shacknai, homeowner, enjoys wheat pancakes with peanut butter. I found his interest in health food amusing. In photos he appears botoxed ...

(Love the Hotel Del ... It's beautifully decorated over the Christmas holidays, including an outdoor ice rink)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the distinct impression that women rarely kill themselves naked, unless they're doing something along the lines of slitting their wrists in the bathtub while running the water, and that this is one of the factoids held up by those who doubt Marilyn killed herself. I do have to say that the idea of someone hanging themselves naked strikes me as very odd indeed...

I don't feel it was suicide, if it was like to know how she bound her own hands and feet, and her boyfriend was staying in the guest house while she was staying in the main house, I would think they would want to be together, nope someone in that house did that too her maybe she and older brother were getting it on and things got out of hand or younger brother, boyfriend, found out, and decided to get even.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pksgigi View Post
    I don't feel it was suicide, if it was like to know how she bound her own hands and feet, and her boyfriend was staying in the guest house while she was staying in the main house, I would think they would want to be together, nope someone in that house did that too her maybe she and older brother were getting it on and things got out of hand or younger brother, boyfriend, found out, and decided to get even.
    I think her boyfriend's brother stays in the guest house. Her bf lives in the main house with her.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I think her boyfriend's brother stays in the guest house. Her bf lives in the main house with her.
    ah okay i read it wrong, but still that is way to fishy

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I think Kato Kaelin lives out back as well.

The son is dead and they are saying the two deaths aren't related. On the other hand there are rumors here in Arizona that two search warrants related to this were served at a house and business here, and that the brother's story about how he found her has a few holes in it.

Giada Guest
    Report on death of Shacknai's son.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0....html#comments

DrDeath Guest
    Just been reading up on this in the Daily Mail. How genuinely bizarre. She was meant to be looking after the unfortunate child when he died so she had to carry a ton of guilt I guess which would point to suicide. It would be possible to hang yourself whilst bound, in sex games for example that methodology is common. Saw it once myself whilst in the police force.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I like how they keep giving us a history lesson on the house all these people are dying in.

The poor mom. Losing such a young child.

Report on scuffles between mansion owner and his ex-wife:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...investigation/

Dina Shacknai is the woman on the far left:

There's something about the name Dena/Dina that makes women go psycho. I had a psycho ex-GF named Dena, my DW knew a girl named Dena who was also nuts. Shaknai's Ex is named Dina who allegedly tried to choke him. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
    Last edited by Barbossa; 07-19-2011 at 10:20 AM.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Weeeellll...I've wondered if the ex did something to the gf, since she may have caused his injury/death.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Ok, so she wasn't the mom of the little boy, right? She was the girlfriend, and was supposed to be taking care of the boy. So he blames her, kills her by making it look like a suicide. The brother comes along and either believes it was a suicide or tries to continue covering it up.

It looks like she committed suicide because of guilt... Perfect murder to get revenge.

Flowergrrl Guest
    And I agree, it is highly unlikely a woman would hang herself without clothes on. She would see it as embarrassing to be found in such a vulnerable position and naked... She would at least have underwear on.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    Just been reading up on this in the Daily Mail. How genuinely bizarre. She was meant to be looking after the unfortunate child when he died so she had to carry a ton of guilt I guess which would point to suicide. It would be possible to hang yourself whilst bound, in sex games for example that methodology is common. Saw it once myself whilst in the police force.

Really?
    It seems it would be hard to do but if one is determined.....

Giada Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Report on scuffles between mansion owner and his ex-wife:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...investigation/

Dina Shacknai is the woman on the far left:

There's something about the name Dena/Dina that makes women go psycho. I had a psycho ex-GF named Dena, my DW knew a girl named Dena who was also nuts. Shaknai's Ex is named Dina who allegedly tried to choke him. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
    She's as badly botoxed and face lifted as her husband. And this woman is a therapist practicing in AZ.

I would not trust a woman who was so physically artificial to treat me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    Ok, so she wasn't the mom of the little boy, right? She was the girlfriend, and was supposed to be taking care of the boy. So he blames her, kills her by making it look like a suicide. The brother comes along and either believes it was a suicide or tries to continue covering it up.

It looks like she committed suicide because of guilt... Perfect murder to get revenge.
    Yeah but it you were staging a suicide why would you tie the hands and feet? That is the most suspicious part about this.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vtwin View Post
    Hands and feet tied,this has suicide written all over it...I take it Moe Howard is the lead investigator on this case?
    With Larry and Curly as the sheriff and deputy.

No way this was suicide if the feet and hands were bound. There are instances where there have been accidents occurring do to sexual play. No one has brought that up though... They are trying to let it go as a suicide, then that rules out it being sex related.

RaRaRamona Guest
    She's as badly botoxed and face lifted as her husband. And this woman is a therapist practicing in AZ.

She doesn't look botoxed to that degree...maybe I need to find a bigger pic of her

What's amazing is that all these Jokeresque plastic surgery patients actually think they look good. They all look like burn victims to me. And we're conditioned to think that people with plastic surgery are older, thus they look old despite the lack of wrinkles.

Quote Originally Posted by Vtwin View Post
    The Coronado PD isn't exactly the best in the nation. 3-4 years ago one of their off-duty officers spotted a car driven by San Diego Chargers player Steve Foley weaving back and forth. The office chased Foley to his home and shot him several times (Foley was unarmed). It ended Foley's career and he sued the officer and the Coronado PD. He received several $ million in a settlement, I believe.

What's amazing is that all these Jokeresque plastic surgery patients actually think they look good. They all look like burn victims to me. And we're conditioned to think that people with plastic surgery are older, thus they look old despite the lack of wrinkles.

IMO, much of what procedures these people choose to do, and the outcomes they have, depend upon their surgeons. A truly outstanding and REPUTABLE plastic surgeon would NEVER agree to do extensive multiple surgeries that would make their patient look like a cat, corpse or clown, and will tell a patient in no uncertain terms, "I advise against ABC and will not do it." With all the money many of these folks have at their disposal, I am always surprised that they end up choosing very poor doctors who will do anything for the cold hard cash. There is a surgeon here in Houston who is just spectacular- he is extremely talented and simply will tell people NO when they need to be told that- good for him. This is why even his older patients ALWAYS end up looking magnificent- very natural and very well rested, which should always be the way one ends up looking, not like a stretch faced clown.

Quote Originally Posted by cdolen View Post
    IMO, much of what procedures these people choose to do, and the outcomes they have, depend upon their surgeons. A truly outstanding and REPUTABLE plastic surgeon would NEVER agree to do extensive multiple surgeries that would make their patient look like a cat, corpse or clown, and will tell a patient in no uncertain terms, "I advise against ABC and will not do it." With all the money many of these folks have at their disposal, I am always surprised that they end up choosing very poor doctors who will do anything for the cold hard cash. There is a surgeon here in Houston who is just spectacular- he is extremely talented and simply will tell people NO when they need to be told that- good for him. This is why even his older patients ALWAYS end up looking magnificent- very natural and very well rested, which should always be the way one ends up looking, not like a stretch faced clown.
    I agree. There are a few celebrities who look like they have very good plastic surgeons. They seem to be few and far between, though. Makes me think that some celebrities (and regular folk) actually want to sport the Joker look. Like a status symbol, how can you show off your plastic surgery if it looks natural?

I agree. There are a few celebrities who look like they have very good plastic surgeons. They seem to be few and far between, though. Makes me think that some celebrities (and regular folk) actually want to sport the Joker look. Like a status symbol, how can you show off your plastic surgery if it looks natural?
    I know, especially Jocelyn Wildenstein. How on EARTH can she think she looks good?? She would have to have severe psychological problems.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I know, especially Jocelyn Wildenstein. How on EARTH can she think she looks good?? She would have to have severe psychological problems.

ITA- this is a situation that would have been addressed by a REPUTABLE surgeon. Any doctor worth his/her salt, will evaluate a potential patient's physical AND mental well being to make sure they are making sensible choices and have rational expectations of what surgery will and will not accomplish. Any doctor who operates, and then continues to operate on a mentally unstable person like Jocelyn Wildenstein, should have had their license revoked, as there was clearly irresponsible behavior and extremely poor judgement used over and over and over again. JMO.

Giada Guest
    Unfortunately, irreputable surgeons can be found everywhere.

I had a client at a Catholic hospital in Sacramento who performed, "750 angio-plasty's on patients who didn't need it." His punishment, loss of medical license.

Nothing new on this case today, autopsy records remain sealed.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,5382026.story

Evil Sushi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I remember reading her husband kept having affairs. She wanted the surgery to make her look like a lion because he kept some lions and he loved them so much. I'd definitely say she was mentally unstable and the doctor should be barred but if you have enough money you can pay for anything.

Personally I think botox looks freaky. I'd rather have the wrinkles.

In this case, I wonder what the autopsy will show. She may have been killed first and then hanged, if she was alive when she was tied up there would be some bruises from a struggle unless she was drugged. There has to be more information coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Sushi View Post
    In this case, I wonder what the autopsy will show. She may have been killed first and then hanged, if she was alive when she was tied up there would be some bruises from a struggle unless she was drugged. There has to be more information coming.

As we all are, I too am extremely interested in the details of this case that will hopefully be soon forthcoming. The death of the son, as well as the fights with the ex-wife, add some real intrigue as to what may have happened here. Very curious circumstances to say the least.

havoc Guest
    I don't know. Something about it seems like someone was leaving a sign.

Like a drug-related thing. Naked, tied up and hanging outside. On display.

Or it could have been the ex-wife.

I wonder if there were any marks on the body.

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    Nude. Hanging outside on a balcony. Hands and feet bound?

hmmmm......
    I agree, very fishy.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Giada Guest
    More details on the volatile relationship with wife number two.

Jonah ... evaluated by second ex-wife, therapist, states he was a bully, who alternately played victim ...

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...i-Divorce.html

(All that money, sigh, and emotionally dysfunctional ... )

havoc Guest
    More details on the volatile relationship with wife number two.

Jonah ... evaluated by second ex-wife, therapist, states he was a bully, who alternately played victim ...

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...i-Divorce.html

(All that money, sigh, and emotionally dysfunctional ... )
    Thanks for the link!

"Investigators initially described the death as ??violent? and ??bizarre,? and forensics evidence is being processed before determining whether the death was criminal or a suicide."

DrDeath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Really?
    It seems it would be hard to do but if one is determined.....
    Oh you'd be amazed how far nutjobs go to try to frame others. That's the only way I can think she did this if indeed she wanted to make it look like murder. I can kinda see the methodology. Just. But it would be pretty hard!

Giada Guest
    Little chance this had to do with framing another person ...

Far more likely it had to do with feelings of guilt and shame. This woman was responsible for watching Shacknai's children, and the resultant feelings would be that of shame for having failed.

Little chance this had to do with framing another person ...

Far more likely it had to do with feelings of guilt and shame. This woman was responsible for watching Shacknai's children, and the resultant feelings would be that of shame for having failed.
    But why naked and bound?