Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Caylee Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by darlingmissmarple View Post
    I'm sure I will always believe Casey killed Caylee. For whatever reason I can't explain, I don't believe Caylee was drowned.
    Here's where I think the jury missed it. The jury should have at the very least convicted her of the abuse charge because they had two scenarios to grapple with. #1, they believe Casey that Caylee drowned, #2, something else killed the little girl.

If you belive she drowned, then think how that scenario would have gone down. Casey, noticing Caylee hasn't been seen for awhile and checks the pool to find her drowned. There are plenty of examples where children have been found this way and have been revived when prompt medical attention was administered. Casey didn't call for help which means she denied her daughter this opportunity to possible survive which is a crime.

Maybe she was so far gone that it was obvious she could not be revived (rigormortis setting in for example) then that means the little girl was left unsupervised so long as to be considered neglect which is a crime.

As with the other option, If you don't believe she drowned you would have to imagine a scenario that would leave the little girl dead and the mother covering it up that would not be considered abuse and there just isn't one.

All in all, the jury had enough evidence and legal/moral theory to convict on charge #3 and the idiots decided to interpret the judges instructions so literally that they turned their backs on common sense and denied Caylee the one certain safety net the prosecutors gave them which was the abuse charge.

stay_zee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Just as OJ searched the golf courses for Nicole and Ron's killer, I can only bet Casey will be searching the clubs and bars for Caylee's...

Best statement today. LOL

I wonder if she will be in general population to serve out her remaining time?

I also wonder if Cindy and George will write books. Casey will undoubtabley smear them in every interview she gives. Maybe they will be pissed enough to finally tell all they know and or suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    Wait they have to first prove that Casey knew Caylee was dead first for Tim Miller to sue... I dont think that will be succesful.
    The suit would be in civil court where the burden of proof is just the preponderance of evidence (more likely that it happenned than not) for which the court would see it as viable as well as the jury based on the defense assertion that she was dead the whole time.

PurrPurr Guest
    They're arguing now before Judge Perry whether or not to release the jurors' names.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    They're arguing now before Judge Perry whether or not to release the jurors' names.

Interesting.. I thought that was public knowledge..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

dia846 Guest
    I hope they don't release the names. Tensions are still high at the moment.
    Last edited by dia846; 07-07-2011 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Added last part

PurrPurr Guest
    Judge Perry: "I'm concerned the jurors will be harassed if their names are released."

I think that's my main concern too...

Giada Guest
    The two juror's who have made comments have been harrassed, the attorney's and the Anthony's.

Which has included death threats ...

Feeding frenzy of media sharks, and a frenzied public pouncing on prey.

Their privacy needs to be protected at this time.

GravesEnd Guest
    Article in Orlando Sentinel

Nearby her, though, Casey Anthony supporters chanted for her release. One man stood with a sign asking "Casey will you marry me?"

"I would date her," said the sign's holder, Tim Allen. "Everyone deserves a second chance."

Shattered Dreams Guest
    http://www.wbaltv.com/politics/28473783/detail.html

This is starting to change some laws around here!

This should of been law a long time ago!

Giada Guest
    I viewed one minute of Judge Perry's statements in the court ...

Loss of true journalism, the days of Walter Cronking, Peter Jennings, and Douglas Edwards who reported the truth are long past.

I stated he believes there is a need for a, "cooling off period."

More than likely, he'll rule in favor of juror privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    I viewed one minute of Judge Perry's statements in the court ...

Loss of true journalism, the days of Walter Cronking, Peter Jennings, and Douglas Edwards who reported the truth are long past.

I stated he believes there is a need for a, "cooling off period."

ITA. True journalism is dead. The harassment and death threats are nuts. Shouldn't be happening at all. What a sad, pathetic society that we live in today.
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    ITA. True journalism is dead. The harassment and death threats are nuts. Shouldn't be happening at all. What a sad, pathetic society that we live in today.

Agreed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Giada Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I miss the days of Catherine Crier. If you were interested in a case you could trust her to report it accurately and cite law.

These drama queen pseudo reporter's need to be stopped. NG battered one suspect to a point she committed suicide. CNN settled that case out of court.

Rubert Murdoch's tabloid will stop production on Sunday ... illegally tapped voice mails on celebrities and others.

PurrPurr Guest
    Judge Perry may appeared tough on many things, but I also think he'll rule in favor of protecting the jurors' privacy. Too many crazies out there, and these people should be able to go back to their lives in peace.

I miss the days of Catherine Crier. If you were interested in a case you could trust her to report it accurately and cite law.

These drama queen pseudo reporter's need to be stopped. NG battered one suspect to a point she committed suicide. CNN settled that case out of court.

Rubert Murdoch's tabloid will stop production on Sunday ... illegally tapped voice mails on celebrities and others.
    ITA. NG and others have set some of the lowest standards I have every seen when reporting. It used to be that personal views and emotions had no place in the news. Now, it's a ratings goldmine. Cronkite must be turning over in his grave (miss that guy).
    Cindy

PurrPurr Guest

I agree! I think so many of these "journalists" (and I use the term loosely) tend to be biased, which was a huge no-no back in the early days of reporting (Cronkite, et al). The days of impartial reporting are long gone and replaced by sensationalism. Sad, but true.

Giada Guest
    A moment of truth ... Elizabeth Smart stops Nancy Grace twice when she attempts to question her on her experiences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x8AR...ADF29878650A5A

Elizabeth Smart has been hired by ABC to report on missing children. It could be we have a glimmer of hope. I don't believe ES would agree to sensationalizing ...

GravesEnd Guest
    Lightning strikes near Caylee Memorial site

A tall tree in the same area where Caylee Marie Anthony's remains were found was struck by lightning this afternoon — just hours after her mother learned she would be released from jail next week.

MorbidChrissy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GravesEnd View Post

A tall tree in the same area where Caylee Marie Anthony's remains were found was struck by lightning this afternoon â?? just hours after her mother learned she would be released from jail next week.
    Eerie...Someone's not happy somewhere out there!

A moment of truth ... Elizabeth Smart stops Nancy Grace twice when she attempts to question her on her experiences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x8AR...ADF29878650A5A

Elizabeth Smart has been hired by ABC to report on missing children. It could be we have a glimmer of hope. I don't believe ES would agree to sensationalizing ...

Good for Elizabeth! NG is not a reporter, she is nothing but a tabloid gossip. How rude and arrogant of her to bring up Elizabeth's personal experiences when she is trying to heal and help others. Can't stand NG.

Quote Originally Posted by cdolen View Post
    Good for Elizabeth! NG is not a reporter, she is nothing but a tabloid gossip. How rude and arrogant of her to bring up Elizabeth's personal experiences when she is trying to heal and help others. Can't stand NG.
    I think Elizabeth Smart is amazing.

Perdi Guest
    Wee bit after the event, like, but you were speaking earlier about double jeopardy....so when new evidence is found - and it will be, coz she did it sure as the sun will rise in the morin - send her over here. We got rid of our Double Jeopardy laws for just such occurences!!!!!! We'll send her back to you once we've convicted her and you can do whatever you like with her!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    Here's where I think the jury missed it. The jury should have at the very least convicted her of the abuse charge because they had two scenarios to grapple with. #1, they believe Casey that Caylee drowned, #2, something else killed the little girl.

If you belive she drowned, then think how that scenario would have gone down. Casey, noticing Caylee hasn't been seen for awhile and checks the pool to find her drowned. There are plenty of examples where children have been found this way and have been revived when prompt medical attention was administered. Casey didn't call for help which means she denied her daughter this opportunity to possible survive which is a crime.

Maybe she was so far gone that it was obvious she could not be revived (rigormortis setting in for example) then that means the little girl was left unsupervised so long as to be considered neglect which is a crime.

As with the other option, If you don't believe she drowned you would have to imagine a scenario that would leave the little girl dead and the mother covering it up that would not be considered abuse and there just isn't one.

All in all, the jury had enough evidence and legal/moral theory to convict on charge #3 and the idiots decided to interpret the judges instructions so literally that they turned their backs on common sense and denied Caylee the one certain safety net the prosecutors gave them which was the abuse charge.
    I love this post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just another little side note, remember that picture of her and her captors walking through a park in Lakeside, Ca? That park is about two miles from my house. Blew my mind.

I heard on TV that there may be book deals, movies and the money could come flowing in. Listen to these words "O.J. Simpson". They said the same thing about him.
    They said that now that she's been found guilty of lying to cops the state can sue her for the cost of the investigation.
    she's being sued by the woman who said kidnapped the kid.
    If I recall correctly she also faces charges on forging checks. I'm sure jurors will be very pleased to be on either one of those juries.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

I do too...her family, strong faith and will to move forward with her life have contributed greatly- I admire her so very much!

Paulination,

Oustanding post...thank you...ITA with everything you said!!!

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    I love this post.
    So do I. I understand there was no smoking gun, but does being a juror mean you check your common sense at the door? I believe they proved that SOMEONE in that house killed that baby. Process of elimination. How anyone who watched those HOURS of videotape could have even CONSIDERED that George and Cindy were involved is beyond me.

That said, people who are rioting, calling in death threats to the family, etc., need to STOP. Someone on FB was going to post the name and address of the restaurant where the defense team went to celebrate so everyone could boycott it. Seriously? Are you kidding? WTF is the restaurant supposed to do?? I'm as upset as everyone else about the verdict, but for goodness sake show some common sense!!

Djen Guest
    I agree. She's such an inspiration!

Juror 3 is the same woman who was in the same jail with Casey??? Is this right or incorrect?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Juror 3 is the same woman who was in the same jail with Casey??? Is this right or incorrect?

Have not heard anything about this, however it is hard to imagine that it would be true. This person's background and contact with Casey would have come out during jury selection.

Question Can Tim Miller even still sue ?

Have not heard anything about this, however it is hard to imagine that it would be true. This person's background and contact with Casey would have come out during jury selection.

Its not. I was wrong. But real question here is: Can Tim Miller still sue- Even though Casey & family did not have a contract ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

this is incorrect. just the same name. there are probably a lot of jennifer fords in the usa.
    coincidence that 2 could be involved in this one case, though!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Giada Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    So do I. I understand there was no smoking gun, but does being a juror mean you check your common sense at the door? I believe they proved that SOMEONE in that house killed that baby. Process of elimination. How anyone who watched those HOURS of videotape could have even CONSIDERED that George and Cindy were involved is beyond me.

That said, people who are rioting, calling in death threats to the family, etc., need to STOP. Someone on FB was going to post the name and address of the restaurant where the defense team went to celebrate so everyone could boycott it. Seriously? Are you kidding? WTF is the restaurant supposed to do?? I'm as upset as everyone else about the verdict, but for goodness sake show some common sense!!
    I believe it will always return to ...

What was the jury's perception. I thought Alt Juror 14 said it well. Something happened in that house and to that child and they couldn't determine what, except they thought it was an accident.

From what I understand, Lee, Cindy and George perjured themselves. The small amount of testimony I watched, when the family was testifying was crazy making, full of contradictions. I could understand having a personal assumption they were all involved and if so why convict one person.

I support the jury's decision based on reasonable doubt and the information they had to work with. It would be a sad day, if, "we guessed," and found guilty based on that criteria.
    Last edited by Giada; 07-07-2011 at 03:42 PM.

spouses,co-workers,family know who the jurors are. hopefully the jurors will know the most bitter meaning of ostracism.
    Last edited by midnitelamp; 07-07-2011 at 06:53 PM.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

Sorry Paulination, but I'm gonna disagree with a couple of things: First you/we don't know exactly what the Jury had in front of them, because even tho I watched most of the trial on TV, what was presented to them and was we (as viewers) were told tend to get muddled together. The DID NOT have all the information we did. Again, it sounds as tho they had suspicions that something happened, but you also had George and Cindy lying up there on the stand, as well as Lee obviously not saying something. Caylee was dead; she was in garbage bags/laundry bag from the house with duct tape either on her or the bag. That was the extent of evidence they had. There was no way to know what killed her - none. There is speculation. For all we know and as unlikely as it sounds (not that everything else sounds reasonable either) that child could have died from a heart attack. We don't know who put her in the bags; obviously someone did, but who? We don't know why.

I take offense at the fact of you or anyone else calling the Jurors idiots. They are not idiots; they are people just like you and me. They did the best they could with what they had to work with.

Perhaps it's posts like this that are concerning Judge Perry, et al about releasing their names. I know there are no implied threats in your post, but please stop for a minute.

Until you've walked a mile in their shoes........

majcm Guest
    The suit would be in civil court where the burden of proof is just the preponderance of evidence (more likely that it happenned than not) for which the court would see it as viable as well as the jury based on the defense assertion that she was dead the whole time.
    Yep. And don't forget Zeneida Gonzalez' civil suit and Roy Kronk should also sue for defamation. Plus the I'm sure Judge Perry will agree with the State's request to make her pay for the investigator's wasted time & money looking for a child she knew was dead, but repeatedly denied.

At least she'll have to do a lot of interviews before being ahead in the money dept.

I had also thought, "well, good luck ever finding a job. Even porn doesn't want you now." But a girl at worked said she bets Baez or someone on the defense will hire her. Maybe. Until she starts stealing from them.
    Last edited by majcm; 07-07-2011 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by midnitelamp View Post
    spouses,co-workers,family know who the jurors are. hopefully the jurors will know the most bitter meaning of ostrcism.
    Hopefully they will? If you're ever up for a trial, do you want the Jurors to be afraid to come up with a not guilty verdict in your case, just because they are scared to be ostrasized?! Really?!

Please everyone - calm down!

Quote Originally Posted by GravesEnd View Post

A tall tree in the same area where Caylee Marie Anthony's remains were found was struck by lightning this afternoon â?? just hours after her mother learned she would be released from jail next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidChrissy View Post
    Eerie...Someone's not happy somewhere out there!
    Uh.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

pvezz Guest
    I believe it will always return to ...

What was the jury's perception. I thought Alt Juror 14 said it well. Something happened in that house and to that child and they couldn't determine what, except they thought it was an accident.

From what I understand, Lee, Cindy and George perjured themselves. The small amount of testimony I watched, when the family was testifying was crazy making, full of contradictions. I could understand having a personal assumption they were all involved and if so why convict one person.

I support the jury's decision based on reasonable doubt and the information they had to work with. It would be a sad day, if, "we guessed," and found guilty based on that criteria.

I watched the entire trial. Cindy perjured herself, absolutely, about the google searches, but that was to help Casey. There is no doubt that the family is dysfunctional, but there's also no doubt in my mind that they loved that baby. I'm not going to beat a dead horse, but in my opinion, the fact that there was no cause of death was the main reason for the verdict.

From an October 17, 2009 CBS News story:

"Cindy and George say it's all just a simple case of mistaken identity. They believe Caylee's alleged nanny, the real Zenaida Gonzalez, is still out there and they say they've hired investigators to find her.

"We will never stop. We have people out there looking for her. Hope she'll do the right thing and come forward," George told Rodriguez."

So on July 14 will Casey join them on their search? No reason to stop now, since they will have additional help since they are never stopping to look for the real Zenaida Gonzalez. (No, there is no mention of an "accidental drowning" in any news stories I have seen from back in 2009. Oh the defense was going to challenge that there never was any duct tape on Caylee's body.)

Giada Guest
    Jennifer Ford, juror, video interview.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/case...solid-14016509

"Speculation is not fact."

Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    I take offense at the fact of you or anyone else calling the Jurors idiots. They are not idiots; they are people just like you and me. They did the best they could with what they had to work with.
    Be offended if you must but they are not like me. My thoughts come from a place of common sense based on what was testified to in court. It was based on her own defense for gods sake. The judge can instruct all he wants but there is not enough time in the day to instruct them of every possible thought dynamic they may encounter in deliberations. Common sense must play a part in this and it did not. We all know (you as well) that Casey Anthony had something to do with the death of her daughter either directly, or indirectly and either way it amounts to abuse.

They were deliberating for 11 hours. I've heard of car burglaries deliberated longer than that.

When people become robots under the system this will happen more often.

mandee1005 Guest

Originally Posted by seurtoFW
    Why not? As far as I know none of the jury are members here. FAD members are off limits, everyone else is fair game, unless what is said breaks other forum rules.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by mandee1005 View Post
    Both of them just make me want to spit...and spit up.

There has to be something done, if the jurors were 'pressured' because they wanted to go home & to that damn cruise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Djen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mandee1005 View Post
    This is the first laugh out loud moment I've had all day!

darlingmissmarple Guest
    I have never watched HLN before the coverage of the trial was shifted there. I am not familiar with the various personalities on the network, but one of the men asked where people thought Casey should go when she is released. I think she should enter a convent where the occupants take a vow of silence, Since she has lied so excessively, remaining silent for the rest of her life seems fair to me.