Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holly Bobo

DonnaMc Guest

Holly Bobo

A Tennessee college student is missing since Wednesday after she was seen being led away from her house by a man in camouflage.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-...ry?id=13381683

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    I can't believe how ballsy this guy is to take her in broad daylight as she is leaving her own home to go to school. And then takes her into the woods right behind her home. I really hope they find her alive but as we all know... she is most likely already dead. Such a shame, because she was such a cute girl with so much ahead of her.

navallint Guest
    I watched this yesterday on headline news, cnn, and they said a neighbor lady witnessed it, as well as her brother. Her brother heard her scream, but did nothing. The neighbor called the cops. They started looking for her within minutes. This is just strange.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    this is a weird one.

I saw her parents on the news this morning. They are just devastated. I cannot imagine what people like this go through. My prayers are with Holly and her family and friends.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

DonnaMc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    My prayers are with Holly and her family and friends.
    Mine too.

Oh my God,... please let them find this girl alive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mulvaness Guest
    I used to run missing persons sites and read what I thought was just about everything. I was stunned at the balls on this guy. I really pray that they find her alive.

Seems strange, her brother thought the guy was her boyfriend.

The news reported yesterday that her boyfriend had a solid alibi. I would like to know what it was. The man who took her was wearing camoflauge just like her boyfriend often did. Coincidence?

Also why didn't her brother do anything when he heard her scream?
    Wanna see my grandkids?

DonnaMc Guest
    From an article I read about the brother -
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/04/16

"If you're an eyewitness, you're the last person to see the victim, now your story changes from dragging to walking? It raises some questions," he said. "But on the other hand, there's a lot of misinformation out there, and it could have been an Internet rumor. I just don't know. I think the TBI, the state police, are now saying she walked out with the perpetrator."
    Kobilinsky said chances are also high that Holly knew the man well.

Hmmmmm......

Mulvaness Guest
    Her brother's response was odd to begin with. He seen it happen and did nothing at all??? She screamed and he did nothing but, a neighbor called for help.. Not the typical response that a brother would have. I wouldn't be surprised if he knew the person.

Pat MaGroin Guest
    They found her lunchbox...about 8 miles away.
    Last edited by Pat MaGroin; 04-16-2011 at 11:45 AM.

philbert_wormly Guest
    They've expanded the search for her...

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...woman/?print=1

PARSONS, Tenn -- In the Wednesday abduction of 20-year-old Holly Bobo, residents of rural Parsons, Tenn., need to look among their own, say officials with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

TBI spokeswoman Kirsten Helm said citizens should think back to between 7:40 and 8 a.m. Who was wearing camouflage on the morning she was led, presumably by force, into the woods from her parents home on Swan Johnson Road?

"This person may be acting with increased anxiety and stress," Helm said from a command center outside the Decatur County Fairgrounds. "He may have cleaned out a car or ATV, reported one missing or sold one unexpectedly."

More than 1,300 volunteers, many of whom have been present every day of the search, checked in to help comb the area for Bobo.

Authorities drastically widened the search area today to include regions between Interstate 40 and Gooch Road, about 10 miles south, as well as Natchez Trace State Park in neighboring Henderson County and a business district also along I-40.

Helm said authorities decided today not to eliminate anyone from a potential list of suspects, including Bobo's 25-year-old brother, Clint, who was present at the time of the attack, and her boyfriend, both previously ruled out.

"Both her brother and her boyfriend have been nothing but cooperative," Helm said again, "but we can't afford not to keep our minds open. Every detail counts."

The Shelby County Sheriff’s department on Saturday sent four full time officers, including a captain and a lieutenant, and 16 reserve officer/volunteer personnel with search dogs to help in the search. Sheriff William Oldham met with local officials to offer support and whatever services his Department could provide, according to Shelby County Sgt. Mickey Keaton .

Parsons, TN is a really little town in case anyone was wondering...

http://www.cityofparsons.com/

DonnaMc Guest
    I've kinda been wondering about the brother anyway.

I have noticed this before in stories of missing women. "She was last seen being led away by a strange man...."

Led away? Why aren't they kicking and screaming? Am I missing something? Are they frozen with fear? Or do they know the person?

DonnaMc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    I have noticed this before in stories of missing women. "She was last seen being led away by a strange man...."

Led away? Why aren't they kicking and screaming? Am I missing something? Are they frozen with fear? Or do they know the person?
    The TBI said that they need to watch EVERYONE around, including the brother and the boyfriend. They have been cooperative, but they think it was someone she knew.

goodygoodygracie Guest
    I agree

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Last night on the news they said the brother heard her scream and he looked out the window and saw who he thought was the boyfriend with his sister. When he went outside she was gone and he saw blood (they didn't say how much or where) and went into the house and called 911.

DonnaMc Guest
    Her boyfriend wore camouflage all the time. The brother said the guy had on camouflage and just assumed it was her boyfriend. I don't know about that explanation! Sounds hokey!

lmphillips2000 Guest
    I guess we'll have to call her Holly Booboo for not trying to get away. She was right in front of her own home it seems so had she struggled, her brother would have made a faster decision.
    He's a dolt for not realizing that his sister is being "led away" with someone in a camoflauge outfit!
    I hope she'll be okay.

lmphillips2000 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaMc View Post
    Her boyfriend wore camouflage all the time. The brother said the guy had on camouflage and just assumed it was her boyfriend. I don't know about that explanation! Sounds hokey!
    That's scary in itself! If I had a partner/friend who always wore that I'd be worried. Seems to me it means he feels like some sort of paramilitary/mercenary person.

That would have my been first clue!
    Last edited by lmphillips2000; 04-17-2011 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Misspell

DonnaMc Guest
    Holly BooBoo. Too funny!! Seriously, it's already been since Wednesday. It doesn't look very good to me.

DonnaMc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaMc View Post
    You know what they say about assume! ASS/U/ME

I switched to looking at the local area media for info and updates as it seems the mainstream media and many online sites have different and conflicting info.

I have been wondering why they haven't flown a helicopter with infrared equipment over the area at night to see if they can locate any heat sources in the woods that shouldn't be there. The locals should also know of any caves in that area that someone might hide in.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

philbert_wormly Guest
    Here is the latest as of right now...

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...ing-h/?print=1

Gov. Haslam adds $50,000 to reward for information on missing Holly Bobo

Monday, April 18, 2011

PARSONS, Tenn. -- Gov. Bill Haslam added a $50,000 reward today for information related to the arrest and conviction anyone involved in the abduction of 20-year-old Holly Bobo. The money will supplement the $25,000 offered by members of the Decatur County community hoping for Bobo's return.

Bobo, a nursing student at the University of Tennessee at Martin, was last seen by her brother five days ago being led into the woods by a man dressed in camouflage.

Since her disappearance, thousands of volunteers have worked with authorities to bring in any items Bobo may have left behind during a foot trek through the dense area.

"We're collecting quite a bit of information and physical debris," said Kristin Helm, spokeswoman with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. "Some of it we feel may have come from Holly but we need time to go comb through the evidence. Either way, we're getting a lot of trash, too."

Mark Gwyn, director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, said officers have looked into as many as 250 leads over the past week, some local but many stemming from out of state.

"The FBI has built a profile," Gwyn said, noting officers are still working without a detailed description of the suspect.

Gwin confirmed the presence of blood on Bobo's carport, as well as a lunch pail and other related items believed to have belonged to the girl.

This morning officers canvased neighborhoods as about 300 volunteers walked through the heavily wooded terrain inside Natchez Trace State Park, just west in nearby Henderson County.

Lt. Brad Wilbanks with the Tennessee Highway Patrol said officials are pulling in all volunteers at 5 p.m. to reevaluate their positions and formulate a new search grid.

"We want the searchers to get a good night's rest," Wilbanks said. "We have a new plan to reallocate our resources. It'll be a brand new ball game at 5:30 in the morning."

While law enforcement officials move their command center to the National Guard armory a couple miles down the road, Wilbanks said volunteers should come only to Decatur County Fairgrounds. He encouraged anyone with ATVs or horses to check in as quickly as possible Tuesday morning.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Inside Edition just said they found her lunch box and duct tape with blonde (Hollys?) hair on it.

Anyone have any more info on that?

Unhappy

I hope I'm wrong but this is not looking good.

DonnaMc Guest
    That's what I said earlier. Poor girl.

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Inside Edition just said they found her lunch box and duct tape with blonde (Hollys?) hair on it.

Wow, I had heard about the lunchbox but I didn't know about the duct tape. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazzzld Kat View Post
    Wow, I had heard about the lunchbox but I didn't know about the duct tape. Has anyone else heard anything about this?
    I am not sure this is true, I can't find anything about duct tape anywhere else.

IE should watch what they are reporting

woohoogirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lmphillips2000 View Post
    That's scary in itself! If I had a partner/friend who always wore that I'd be worried. Seems to me it means he feels like some sort of paramilitary/mercenary person.

This is the South. Camo is as common as jeans or khakis.

philbert_wormly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post

As near as I can gather just as of right now or so, the TBI have not spoken of that.

Here is a link to that from yesterday...

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20...sectionstories

...TBI Director Mark Gwyn said. "We did find blood at the scene, but not enough to lead us to believe that it was a life-threatening injury, so we've got to just hope and pray that she is still alive."

At a Monday afternoon news conference, investigators said they were still analyzing the evidence to determine which items that have been found are connected to the case.

"We know there was a lunch pail," Gwyn said. "We know there was blood..."
    That is not to say that maybe Inside Edition has a scoop on that information or not.

The last case of this magnitude over in Western Tennessee was about Lauryn Dickens and that was actually not very long ago. But, after a while, it kind of became apparent that her mother was behind things.

Here is a link to that in case anyone is curious about it...

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ns_lauryn.html
    Last edited by philbert_wormly; 04-19-2011 at 11:49 AM.

If it was someone that knew her and her routine, then he very well may have worn camouflage to look like the boyfriend so no one would suspect him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "I just know I'm not the greatest power on this earth. I didn't create myself, because I would have done a hell of a better job." -Layne Staley

DisneyStacy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lmphillips2000 View Post

I happen to HATE camo, but after living in Minnesota for 6 years, I got used to it. Everyone wears it, and wears it all the time. I am betting Tennessee is similar. That part of it means nothing.

tposh spice[or was that bitchy spice?] wore camo. furniture,bed spreads,even table cloths paper plates and party favors for children can be had in camo.

we used to wear a lot of camo at work,finally someone in management asked why.

wish i had made up a blood curdling plot,alas,i told the truth. it is inexpensive and durable.
    Last edited by midnitelamp; 04-20-2011 at 09:36 PM.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

Yeah, I just saw on some show... I think Nancy Grace without the grating Nancy, about the duct tape with the blonde hair. So they're doing DNA on the hair to confirm it's hers. Doesn't mean she's dead (if it's hers) but it doesn't look good, either. I mean her lunch box, blood, hair in duct tape... I don't think anyone was planning on taking her to Disneyland.

And yeah, I'm in TN and camo is very popular here. My son loved it when he was about three. I had some of my old Air Force greens that he'd say he couldn't wait 'til he could fit into, but thank God now that he can (he's 14) he's grown out of that stage. But I see lots of grown men wearing it, no idea what they think it does for them, but I'd say very little. And I'd be being kind.

My God, her brother must be out of his mind with "what ifs".... Jesus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyStacy View Post
    I happen to HATE camo, but after living in Minnesota for 6 years, I got used to it. Everyone wears it, and wears it all the time. I am betting Tennessee is similar. That part of it means nothing.
    Were you in the cities? I never see camo here but when I go up to the outlet mall in Albertville I stop in the Cabela's in Rogers and can't believe the amount of camo stuff in there!! I never knew there were so many kinds.

So what are they doing now for this girl? Have they just been doing ground searches for her? I know they have found some evidence, just wondering if they are still searching for her.

DonnaMc Guest
    Yes, they are still searching along with 100's of volunteers, friends, and family. They are using dogs, etc. I'm not sure about air searches.

evidently no one much is calling in to nancy grace,as they put a call on the air asking could they find out where they sell camo "outfits".

don't think they thought much of the clue.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnitelamp View Post
    evidently no one much is calling in to nancy grace,as they put a call on the air asking could they find out where they sell camo "outfits".

don't think they thought much of the clue.
    they didn't think the camo clothes would led much of a clue, because camo is seen everywhere in the area they said & it is turkey hunting season~ but someone said that they thought any camo clothing bought recently would be looked into, because they aren't going to leave any stone unturned~

they said dna results are in on the hairs found w/ the duct tape, but aren't releasing their findings~

i was wondering, seeing as she is a nursing student, if the abductor might have used that as a guise to lure holly~ pretending to be a hunter & needing help or telling her that someone else needed her help~ just a thought~

DonnaMc Guest
    It just sounds like to me that it was somebody that knew her routine and the routines of everyone in the family.

KristinEileen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    i was wondering, seeing as she is a nursing student, if the abductor might have used that as a guise to lure holly~ pretending to be a hunter & needing help or telling her that someone else needed her help~ just a thought~
    I was thinking that too.. I just can't believe the audacity of this person..to just grab her off of her front porch! It's unreal!

I think the brother had something to do with it.

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    I think the brother had something to do with it.
    i don't want to think this~ but my gut says something isn't right where the brother is concerned~ on nancy grace last night, they were asking the family spokesperson if it was true that the brother passed a poly & the guy said he didn't know~ the spokesperson was vague on alot of things he was being asked~ i know the police have to keep alot under wraps in a case like this, but i just found it odd that this family spokesperson seemed like he new next to nothing~

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    i don't want to think this~ but my gut says something isn't right where the brother is concerned~ on nancy grace last night, they were asking the family spokesperson if it was true that the brother passed a poly & the guy said he didn't know~ the spokesperson was vague on alot of things he was being asked~ i know the police have to keep alot under wraps in a case like this, but i just found it odd that this family spokesperson seemed like he new next to nothing~
    I don't want to believe the brother had something to do with it either... but you never know. As far as the Family Spokesperson being vague.. well sometimes the police don't tell the family much either when they are still investigating, which causes the family to feel like the police are doing much. I guess time will tell? I hope so.

DisneyStacy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Were you in the cities? I never see camo here but when I go up to the outlet mall in Albertville I stop in the Cabela's in Rogers and can't believe the amount of camo stuff in there!! I never knew there were so many kinds.
    Northern suburbs. Circle Pines/Centerville. Lots of our neighbors were hunters and wore camo a lot. Camo painted boats, trucks, deer stands, clothes, umberllas- pretty much everything I can think of, I saw camo.

DonnaMc Guest
    They say that they have found her cell phone Sunday while on another search.

wordsoncewritten Guest
    Has there been any more news on her?