Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth Taylor

I never thought about Elizabeth Taylor one way or another until about 15 years ago, when I had the chance to interview her. She was quite thin at the time, and I wondered if she would live up to her reputation for beauty when I saw her in person. I have to say, she was just gorgeous. She just seemed to me to be one of those people who is just ALIVE. Witty, perceptive, and quick on the uptake. Usually I disliked interviewing celebrities, especially when they were trying to sell something as she was (perfume), but I enjoyed talking with her very much, and sensed a person with much depth, intelligence and compassion. As for her eyes, they didn't appear violet to me, but rather a beautiful shade of blue.

Pat MaGroin Guest

Nude Picture of Liz Taylor at 24 Taken By Roddy McDowell

I'd post the picture here because I think it is a tasteful nude but don't want to get an infraction...

Liz Taylor at 24 had Roddy McDowell ("Planet Of The Apes") take a nude photo of her and she gave it to her 3rd husband, Mike Todd.

A goddess revealed: Intimate portrait of Liz Taylor at 24 seen for the first time

Old friends: Roddy McDowall and Liz Taylor, years after her nude picture was taken

Countless photographs have paid homage to Liz Taylor??s fabulous figure. But none has been so revealing as this. A private collector has released the only known picture of the star ?? then aged 24 ?? posing nude. It is understood to be the first time the photo has been shown publicly. It was an engagement gift from Miss Taylor to producer Michael Todd, who was her third husband. The picture was taken by one of her closest friends, actor and photographer Roddy McDowall. He persuaded her to pose naked by promising her it would be done tastefully. She then gave it to Todd as a present after he proposed in 1956 ?? the pair married a few months later but the relationship was tragically short-lived. Todd was killed 13 months after their wedding day when his private plane crashed during a storm over New Mexico.

Elizabeth Taylor with third husband Michael Todd and her sons Christopher and Michael
    A devastated Miss Taylor is believed to have given the nude photograph to her assistant and make-up artist Penny Taylor.
    It was bought by private collector Jim Shaudis in 1980 and had been thought lost. But after her death from heart failure last week aged 79, he decided to show the image publicly for fans of the star. Since her death there have been a string of revelations and allegations about Dame Elizabeth??s past. Most recently it has been claimed that she was born at a ??swingers?? party?? in a Cheshire village, rather than London, which is what is written on her birth certificate. It was said that her father, the art dealer Francis Taylor, and his actress wife Sara regularly attended disreputable gatherings in the village and were said to be ??the swingers of their day??.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...seen-time.html#

radiojane Guest
    Wow.

Why do I not look like that.

I need some Ben and Jerry's.

A pic of Elizabeth Taylor naked at 24 years of age? Im sure its spectacular!
    As spectacular as a pic of a nekkid woman can be.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

FannyB1923 Guest
    It's a beautiful picture. I'm amazed because at that age she had already given birth twice! Not a stretch mark anywhere.

I didn't realize she has a living brother. (I guess I thought she just floated down to her parents on a cloud or something) His name is Howard, born in 1929, a retired oceanographer and occasional actor.
    I can't find a recent picture of him but there are lots circulating of him by her side at the funeral of Mike Todd.

Hippo Guest
    Not to beat the eye-color thing to death, but I am sure that magazine cover where her eyes look lavender has been touched up.

Look at these other photos posted of her--they appear to be untouched, and her eyes are a nice shade of blue.

Still say it's a rumor that got started somewhere to make her seem more exotic.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    I wish they would not give those assholes the publicity. I swear, if they came here to Houston, I would go and meet them and try to beat the shit out of them. I would not care if I got arrested. First time where I wouldnt care.!!

PaINT GUNS FILLED WITH SKUNK OIL,,lol that should clear them out.

When I saw her in Private Lives, her eyes were lavender.

Was this published April 1rst? I have seen this picture before years ago I and deemed it a fake because the mammailian protruberances are too small for Liz. Liz has had hefty sin sacks since she was 17.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

Having consulted with someone whose insights I trust, the photo is indeed Liz Taylor however my friend says this picture was taken much earlier, when Liz was 13 or 14. The face and hair are consistant with Liz in that era and that would account for for the smaller boobage and the intact belly and udders of someone who had supposedly given birth more than once. While some lighting ploys are involved, there is no re-touching of the photograph evident. Roddy McDowell had known Liz since she was 9 and this scenario is entirely plausible. The present owner may be claiming she was 24 when the pic was taken to avoid any legal jeopardy for possesing a nude photo of an underage girl. I'm deleting this pic just in case.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

I agree with you Magnus. It looks to be a photo of her before she had children.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "I just know I'm not the greatest power on this earth. I didn't create myself, because I would have done a hell of a better job." -Layne Staley

oldsweat Guest
    The latest information on the nude pic is that the girl in the photo is in fact a model and dancer named Lee Evans, photographed by Peter Gowland in 1940. Still a beautiful photograph though.

Kevin Mazur/AP
    Elizabeth Taylor and her then-husband Larry Fortensky visit New York in June 1995.

Elizabeth Taylor left her seventh and final husband more than $800,000 in her will and had given him an allowance for years, but he insists he was never a gold digger.
    Construction worker Larry Fortensky, who Taylor met in rehab and divorced in 1996, says he kept working during their five-year marriage and never asked for a penny.
    "I am a proud man and I like to work. I didn't want her money," he told London's The Mail on Sunday. "I always worked for a living and I carried on when I was with her."
    Fortenksy, 59, is now in poor health following a serious fall and lives as a recluse in a two-bedroom bungalow outside of Los Angeles after a series of "bad investments."
    He walked way from the marriage with a $1 million settlement. In 1999, he suffered a serious head injury from a drunken fall that left him in a coma for six weeks.
    Since then he has battled with memory loss and is unable to work.
    Fortensky insists he never asked Taylor for help, but when she heard about his injury, she wrote to him and offered him a $1,000 a month.
    "Darling Larry. I've been thinking of you lately and worry about you," Taylor wrote in a letter. "I think you could use a little help so I would like to send you a thousand a month for the rest of my life or until I go broke."
    "I accepted it but never asked for it," he said.
    Taylor came to his aid once again when the bank was set to foreclose on an $800,000 house he had bought at the height of the property boom.
    "I called and told her about Larry's troubles," Fortensky's sister Donna said. "She sent me a check the next day for around $15,000."
    "Larry found out what I'd done and was mad at me," she said. "It kept the bank at bay for a while but then he ended up losing the house anyway."
    Fortensky spoke glowingly of his relationship with Taylor - who died last month at age 79.
    "She was funny and sweet and the more I got to know her the sweeter she became," he said, "Of course she was very pretty and I wasn't too bad-looking in those days either. We had an instant physical attraction."
    Together, they travelled the world and she lavished him with gifts, but he says they had the most fun together riding his motorcycle.
    "She would wear a helmet and no one knew who she was. We could be alone and free," he said. "Elizabeth loved that. She loved a burger and a beer. She was down-to-earth, or at least as much as she could be for someone who'd been a star since she was a kid."
    But he said the gulf between them was difficult at times.
    "Everywhere we went there were cameras. Elizabeth would put on lipstick constantly because she said she never knew when she was being photographed," he said. "I found it hard. It wasn't my cup of tea, those cameras everywhere. Elizabeth was used to it. I never got used to it."
    The marriage began to crumble, when Taylor underwent double hip replacement and Fortensky was banished from the master bedroom.
    "That was the beginning of the end," his sister Donna said.
    The two remained close throughout the years, Fortensky said, and spoke several times a month until the day before she went to hospital for the last time.
    "I thought she was going to be okay. I told her she would outlive me. She said, 'Larry, I'm going to be okay,'" he said.
    When he heard she had died, he was devastated.
    "I was so sure she would get to go home and I would talk to her once again," he said. "I love her, I always will. And I know she loved me, too."

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/20...fortensky.html
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

most beautiful woman ever

Giada Guest
    The Daily Mail article plays loose with information. It's the TMZ of the UK, with an accuracy rate of about 50%, and both have been challenged.

Fortensky in this photo and most with Liz appears under the influence. Liz's best memories will be with family and friends.

My admiration for Liz extends to her supporting efforts on AIDS when so few would.

(And a few films ... I finally saw parts of National Velvet, delightful film)

Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    The Daily Mail article plays loose with information. It's the TMZ of the UK, with an accuracy rate of about 50%, and both have been challenged.

Fortensky in this photo and most with Liz appears under the influence. Liz's best memories will be with family and friends.

My admiration for Liz extends to her supporting efforts on AIDS when so few would.

(And a few films ... I finally saw parts of National Velvet, delightful film)

I looked at the comments below the article and this was interesting.

Friendorfoe01
    11:07:42 PM
    Apr 24, 2011

I grew up with Larry, this story was done by his sister that had to move in with him because she had drug problems and was broke, Larry lost his money because he's a drug addict. Now that he's a mental mindless brain damaged loser with a disablity because he was to lazy to go to rehab. after his druken fall. Motor functions witch now he has none. He hardly gets out of bed and does nothing. He can't remember past, oh lets say the early 90's so I don't see how he remembers his life with Elizabeth. I'm sure the sister will end up with new car and there's a good chance that she takes his money. It won't be long before he back where he was, another one bits the dust.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/20...fortensky.html

I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

erictheking97 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by suzycreamcheese View Post
    most beautiful woman ever
    I beg to differ!

Whitdal Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by erictheking97 View Post
    I beg to differ!
    As do I! lol

radiojane Guest

Butterfield Ate

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...?currentPage=1

A beautiful slideshow of Elizabeth Taylor while she was at a "fat farm" in the seventies. She looks radiant.

Look at the photo of Liza Todd (far right in the photo) - how much they favored one another.

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...?currentPage=1

A beautiful slideshow of Elizabeth Taylor while she was at a "fat farm" in the seventies. She looks radiant.

radiojane Guest
    Did they ever. Unfortunately Liza has a lot of jagged edges. You can see a lot of her dad in her too.

slw Guest

I didn't know Liz Taylor had a brain tumor... anyone know more about this & this pic

Quote Originally Posted by slw View Post

My ex-husband worked for the phone company and his areas were West L.A., Brentwood and Bel Air. He was in this home when she was married to Senator Warner. Actually met her in the kitchen. Very nice lady. He had to put a phone in near the pool area. He told me he didn't know it was her home till he walked in to the living room and saw a large portrait of her and her Oscar on the mantle (the name on the service order was Warner). My ex had the luck of getting into a lot of celebs homes. Always envious.
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    I didn't know Liz Taylor had a brain tumor... anyone know more about this & this pic

Never seen that picture before. She did have a benign brain tumor removed in 1997.

Edited to add: This photo was taken by Harry Benson at Cedars Sinai (I believe it was for Life Magazine).
    Last edited by Buttercup; 05-27-2011 at 07:57 AM.
    Cindy

desertangel Guest

Christie's Auction

Christie's - gettin' ready to auction off memorable La Taylor items for her AIDS foundation... should be good!

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/cele...ion=cnn_latest

The Lucky One Guest
    I miss ole Liz! She always made a splash no matter what she did!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    I miss ole Liz! She always made a splash no matter what she did!

I agree!!!

Elizabeth Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
    Christie's - gettin' ready to auction off memorable La Taylor items for her AIDS foundation... should be good!

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/cele...ion=cnn_latest
    I hope they make a book of all her memorabilia, like they did when Marilyn's was sold.....

Any news about exactly when in December is the auction??

Question Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolffe

Okay I just watched this movie & I really loved her performance. I am a little confused about this movie....

The man George says that their son died & while she was upstairs with the young man, George got a message, a telegram saying that their son died in a car accident. That never happened!! There was no telegram saying their son died....

I'm so confused by this movie. Someone please explain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Until an auction catalogue is available, I suggest her book "My Love Affair With Jewelry". The photographs are amazing, and the collection is staggering. I need to get a 2nd copy - my original is getting stuck together from drooling

http://www.amazon.com/Elizabeth-Tayl...2931919&sr=8-1

Professional Thread-Killer

Rock crystal elephant watch

The Krupp diamond

The Taylor-Burton diamond necklace consisting of 67 pear-shaped diamonds with the central diamond of 69.42 carats. The necklace was made for Cartier in 1969. Courtesy of Oscar Heyman, Inc., New York.

DROOL! I have the same book, the photographs and jewels are AMAZING!!!

I saw "Virginia Woolf" not too long ago, and I don't think I remember the "George" aside from her "husband".
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Giada Guest
    Auctions are Us ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...r-auction.html

Snipped ...

Lots will include the first jewel Burton bought for Taylor ?? the 33.19-carat Asscher-cut Krupp Diamond, which later became known as The Elizabeth Taylor Diamond. Set in a platinum ring, the diamond, which Burton bought for $305,000 in 1968, is expected to fetch up to $3.5million (£2.2m).

??I never, never thought of my jewellery as trophies,? the actress, who died in March, aged 79, wrote. ??I??m here to take care of them and to love them. When I die and they go off to auction I hope whoever buys them gives them a really good home.?

The Elizabeth Taylor Aids Foundation will reportedly receive a portion of the profits from the sale.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    Okay I just watched this movie & I really loved her performance. I am a little confused about this movie....

The man George says that their son died & while she was upstairs with the young man, George got a message, a telegram saying that their son died in a car accident. That never happened!! There was no telegram saying their son died....

I'm so confused by this movie. Someone please explain.
    It's been awhile since I've seen it, but I did read Edward Albee's play recently, and here's what I got from it: there was no son, ever. The 'son' was part of an unhinged game the two had played (privately) with each other for, evidently, years.
    During this penultimate night of 'games' portrayed in the film, the 'killing off' of the son was a method for George to "get at" Martha in the worst, most painful manner he could think of...and it worked.

Evidently the 'son' represented a sense of stability for these two, a reason for them to be--an accomplishment (in light of the fact that their own lives have gone nowhere), and evidence that their relationship has deeper roots and some kind of larger significance.
    In destroying that secret connection between the two of them, the big question at the end is, what's next for these two? Now that their 'son' has been killed off, what's left of their relationship, if anything? Do they love each other, do they hate each other, is there anything left but booze and lashing out?

http://www.vmagazine.com/2011/09/kate-winslet/

click on launch slideshow.

From V Magazine, Kate Winslet as Elizabeth Taylor.

I just don't see it, they are nice pictures of Kate, but she could be any random scarf wearing beauty from that era.

Tebssis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    http://www.vmagazine.com/2011/09/kate-winslet/

click on launch slideshow.

From V Magazine, Kate Winslet as Elizabeth Taylor.

I just don't see it, they are nice pictures of Kate, but she could be any random scarf wearing beauty from that era.
    I didn't see it either. Possibly because Liz was one of a kind????

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    ??I never, never thought of my jewellery as trophies,? the actress, who died in March, aged 79, wrote. ??I??m here to take care of them and to love them. When I die and they go off to auction I hope whoever buys them gives them a really good home.?

I would give her jewels a really, really good home; I promise!!! Can I have them, please?!?!??

Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    FABULOUS!!! Thank you Scott, Mark L. and Mark M.- what a MARVELOUS write up with pictures to die for!!! LOVE IT!!!

<3 My new fave!<3

Nice work indeed scott! Really enjoyed it! You caught her big time! she was truely a classy dame!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

havoc Guest
    Ooooo I've been waiting on a new one!

Great read! What a woman!

Fabulous!! She was one hell of a gal. Thank you Scott!
    Cindy

Awesome job as always!!! Thank you Scott!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elizabeth Guest

Elizabeth Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by VeuveClicquotNJ View Post

The Krupp diamond
    This ring from Burton went for $8 million!!!