Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

dbrian Guest
    I think Montgomery supposedly haunts some of his former sites too.

kdeazell Guest

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by dbrian View Post
    Which actors are still trying to get their close-up--even though they have shuffled off this mortal coil? I heard Clifton Webb supposedly haunts his gravesite in Forest Lawn. And Ozzie and Harriet's old house is supposed to be haunted...Who else lurks in the shadows of Hollywood?
    A Clifton is bured at Hollywood Forever....
    Kim

dbrian Guest
    A? OK thanks for the info--so he supposedly haunts his site at Hollywood Forever.
    Last edited by dbrian; 10-26-2007 at 10:05 PM.

Danny62 Guest
    Redd Foxx's house in Las Vegas is said to be haunted...look it up on the internet!! Yes I know its not Hollywood but Redd was famous so he qualifys!!

He died in Hollywood!

Jack Raines Guest
    I remember a special about haunted celebrity houses several years ago on AMC, they interviewed Flip Wilson and he said whenever he died, he hoped to haunt his house.

Flip better be haunting something these days because people are forgetting him fast!

hoxharding Guest
    Supposedly Laurence Harvey's ghost was spotted someplace have 'ghost sex' with another ghost.

Guest Guest
    Roosevelt Hotel is suppose to be haunted by Marilyn Monroe. Her spirit was seen in a full body mirror that was originally in her poolside suite 1200, where she spent most of her time. Also Montgomery Clift is suppose to haunt the hotel too! Room 928 on the 9th floor.

BeeCee Guest
    According to Dead Famous (and other sources I'm sure), John Wayne haunts his former yacht. I didn't see much evidence of it when I watched that episode though.
    Last edited by BeeCee; 04-28-2008 at 04:27 AM.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Gram Parson definately has a presence at his death site.

I spent the night there. Best $65 I ever spent.

Snoopy Guest
    Lucille Ball according to dead famous haunts her old Desilu studios I think..and Janice Joplin supposedly haunts the Hotel where she died.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Oh, and Janis Joplin still plays with the lights and phones at 3:00 am at the Highland Gardens.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Errol Flynn's Estate (former)
    Located on Mullholand Drive, all that remains is the foundation. Sightings of balls of lights and party type noises. Ricky Nelson was the last owner so the jury is out whether it's Errol or Ricky.

Or both?

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Chateau Marmont Hotel
    Location of John Belushi's death. Built in the 1920's and frequented by many Hollywood stars over the years. There have been many occurances of paranormal activity which are believed to be haunted by deceased famous people however no one has been able to identify who is actually doing the haunting.

Captain Kundalini Guest

There are LOTS of Ghosts in Los Angeles and I have encountered at least one. You would not even think that this guy is Earthbound, but for some reason, he is.

Friday, January 28, 2005.

While vacationing in Los Angeles, I went out to Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery in Culver City to take some pics of some celebrity graves. I got pictures of the graves of Sharon Tate, Bing Crosby, Bela Lugosi, Rita Hayworth, Rosalind Russell and wanted to get pictures of several others.
    As I was searching (in vain) for the grave of Mr. Jimmy Durante, I happened to look to my left and I saw, standing about 30 yards away, a young man who looked to be in his late 20's gazing at me. It was around Noon. He was a white male, about 5' 10' with thick, black well kept hair. He was wearing a long sleeve, white dress shirt and black suit pants. He looked at me in such a way that I thought he was annoyed with me or just curious. I took my eyes off of him for approximately 3 seconds while I got my bearings once again and then glanced back his way to give him a smile and a wave. Much to my puzzlement, though, he was gone. I scanned the area where he had been standing and he was nowhere to be found. In the particular area in which he'd been standing there are no trees and there is absolutely no way possible that he could have gotten out of sight so quickly unless he'd had a jet engine strapped to his back. One moment he was out in the open, the next, he was gone! My puzzlement became astonishment as I realized it was a ghost I saw. This ghost, however, looked slightly familiar, but I just couldn't place him. About a week later, after I had returned home, I started scoping out the Find A Grave website for celebs graves I'd missed. I clicked on one name and as I looked at the face of the actor there, I gasped! Before me was the very face of the ghost I had seen in the cemetery. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I saw the ghost of Vince Edwards. Who was Vince Edwards? In the 1960's he was best remembered as Dr. "Ben Casey".

Captain Kundalini Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone Tourist View Post
    Chateau Marmont Hotel
    Location of John Belushi's death. Built in the 1920's and frequented by many Hollywood stars over the years. There have been many occurances of paranormal activity which are believed to be haunted by deceased famous people however no one has been able to identify who is actually doing the haunting.
    The Chateau Marmont IS haunted. I could tell that just by driving by the place. I have a report about one of the paranormal events which took place there:

On the evening of Friday, March 5, 1982, Actor, Singer, Comedian John Belushi got together with several close friends (which included Robin Williams and Robert DeNiro) for a dinner party at "On The Rox", the Restaurant above the famous Roxy Nightclub on Sunset Blvd. After dinner, he invited Williams and DeNiro up to his temporary residence at Bungalow #3 at the Chateau Marmont.. It was while there that, at his urging, he was injected with Cocaine and Heroin (a speedball - now, sadly called a Belushi) by Cathy Evelyn Smith (known to some as "Sundown" see the song by Gordon Lightfoot). His friends left while Cathy remained behind with him.
    After awhile, John went into the bedroom to lie down for a time, so Cathy left.
    Later, John's manager tried to call him at the Bungalow and got no answer, so he went to check up on him. When he entered the bungalow and went into the bedroom, John was blue in the face. Brillstein tried unsuccessfully revive John, but it was too late.
    John Belushi was dead. He called Police, Ambulance and then the Medical Examiner's Office. Not long after their arrival, the News Media arrived bringing with them crowds of people who looked on as John's body was carried out of the hotel in a body bag and placed into a van.
    It was at that moment that Cathy arrived back on the scene. When she saw what was going on, she turned her car around and fled.
    When Dan Aykroyd got the news in NYC that John was dead, he walked all the way to where John had lived with his wife Judith and told her the news.
    The Funeral for John Belushi was held in Massachusettes near Martha's Vineyard and he was buried in Chilmark. The funeral was attended by Lorraine Newman, Bill Murry and, of course, Dan Aykroyd of SNL. Dan was in full motorcycle gear.
    Sometime later, as a Psychic Medium was trying to make contact with the Dearly Departed in a well known part of Hollywood, she alledgedly came in contact with the spirit of John Belushi, who stated to her that he was just as shocked by his death as everyone else was. Why did he not cross over into the Light? There are several theories, one of which was that he had unfinished business in this life.
    Five Years Ago: A woman and her family had to temporarily move out of their home due to renovations so they checked into the Chateau Marmont hotel in Hollywood. Due to problems with the renovation, they ended up staying there for over a year. During this time, late at night they would hear their young son (age 2) alone in his room laughing and giggling to himself. They thought nothing of it as the child is a very outgoing and playful child by nature. When they finally did ask what he was laughing at, the child would only say "the funny man".
    So one night the woman was talking to her friend about all this and her friend mentioned that John Belushi had died in the Chateau and that there were many reports of his spirit still roaming the grounds. A friend of hers did a quick search online and asked her if they are staying in bungalow #3. She said yes. Apparently the family had been living in the same bungalow that John had died in.
    Some initial thoughts were to take pictures of various actors and show them to the child to see if he could recognize "the funny man" but, according to the mother, this never came to fruition.
    A friend of the boys mother visited the bungalow while they were staying there. It was for a birthday party for the boy and while it was a bit creepy, nothing out of the ordinary was said to have happened.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    And another one:

Barrymore Estate
    Haunted by the ghosts of Ethyl, Lionel, and John.

Captain Kundalini Guest

Exclamation

Three Years Ago: According to a post I got just yesterday from one of the people involved in the investigation into this haunting, I got the following account:
    I wanted to respond with an update to this earlier post. I just had dinner with my friend over the weekend. Her son just turned 5 years old this month.
    I asked her if he's ever mentioned "the funny man" again? She has never brought the subject up to him, at all., but .... told me that me he had, in fact, just brought it up himself, a couple of weeks ago!
    They had been reminiscing about their stay at the hotel, and her son complained that he couldn't sleep well there because "the funny man" kept waking him up at night, making him laugh and wanting to play all the time!!! Remember, this kid was barely 2 years old when this all happened (3 years ago)!
    She then went on to tell me that she was sitting in bed one night (recently) looking at a book about the Chateau Marmont, and her son wandered in. He was very interested in what she was looking at so she told him it's all about the Chateau as she turned the pages ... there were many photos of various celebs that have stayed there over its many years. So the kid would say, "who is that?" And she said, oh that's an actor who was popular when your grandma was younger ... and that's Robert DeNiro, that's Robin Williams ... etc. Then she turned the page and as the child looked at the picture on the page, he got very excited, pointed and said: "Look Mommy, there's the FUNNY MAN!" The picture he pointed at was of John Belushi
    No, they have never shown him photos or Belushi films; in fact, when we suggested it a long time ago she said "no" so this kid has had no prompting whatsoever. But he sure did recognize his "funny man" right away!
    My friend also said that although she hadn't been afraid to go to the bathroom alone at night since she was 8 years old, she was very uncomfortable doing so when they were staying in bungalow 3. She said she would run in and out quickly, and never made eye contact with the mirror; she just felt as if she was being watched all the time. She went on to say that every time she opened the door to the room/area the kid was sleeping in, to tuck him in at night, she felt what she can only describe as a "whoosh!"

Tombstone Tourist Guest

Hollywoods most active ghost!

He's everywhere!

It is only fitting that one of Hollywood's most well-known actors, even to this day, should also be its most active ghost! Rudolph Valentino and his entourage (the Lady in Black and a pet dog) have been sighted many times.

Falcon Lair is one of Valentino's favorite haunts. First off, it is located in Benedict Canyon which is rife with ghostly activity of all kinds. After his death, the house was auctioned off for $145,000. However, the owner never moved into the house. Falcon Lair stood empty for eight years before selling again in 1934 for the ridiculous sum of $18,000.

He has been seen wandering the property, touring the stables, and looking out his favorite window on the second floor. However, he does not linger only at Falcon Lair. He has been sighted at his beach house in Oxnard. Also, the Santa Maria Inn in Santa Maria is another one of Valentino's haunts. Room 210 has been beleaguered on occasion by mysterious knocking and an invisible presence that likes to recline on the bed.

Another favorite haunt is at Paramount Studios. The Sheik himself has been seen floating among the old clothes and props in the costume department. He is also suspected of being the spirit who roams the catwalks above Studio Five.

Part of Valentino's entourage include his late Great Dane, Kabar. The dog died in 1929 and was buried in the Los Angeles Pet Cemetery. However, the playful pooch hasn't quite figured out he is dead yet. He has been caught panting and licking people who wander near his grave.

And finally there is the infamous "Lady in Black." Long after she must have passed on she has been spotted hovering near Crypt 1205 at Hollywood Memorial's Cathedral Mausoleum where the legendary Sheik was laid to "rest" in 1926. Such a legend as Valentino apparently inspires undying loyalty!

Captain Kundalini Guest
    Regarding the Ghost in Studio #5 at Paramount, I have also heard that it might be the ghost of a technician who fell to his death from the catwalk above.
    Universal is also haunted.

Nowereman Guest
    I think that the show is about the relationships of the people more than the actual Ghost hunting itself, this is why I watch it.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I don't care much for Most Haunted. All of them are too "dramatic" and that stuff with the green lit eyes just annoys me. Plus I've heard rumors that some of it is faked on their show.

I'll take Ghost Hunters over Most Haunted ANY day!

Most Haunted is more scripted than a Shakespeare play.
    They even fired the ''medium'' Derek Acorah for being a fake.
    The paraphyscologist on it, who is a sceptic, pretty much framed the guy.
    And Yvette Fielding just needs shooting.

hoxharding Guest
    "Most Haunted" was in the US at the Winchester House and it was dull,dull.
    The live ones are usually the most exciting(but seem rather fake)
    "World's Scariest Places" was doing marathon on ABC Family Channel today and
    that was so very fake in some episodes.
    "Ghosthunters' is far the best show for ghosthunting around.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    We don't get Ghosthunters over here.
    Saying that' I never even looked for it. Maybe they show it on Living TV or something.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I don't care much for Most Haunted. All of them are too "dramatic" and that stuff with the green lit eyes just annoys me. Plus I've heard rumors that some of it is faked on their show.

I'll take Ghost Hunters over Most Haunted ANY day!
    Amen Girlfriend.....Most Haunted was great for some chuckles though...especially when they had Derick on with his " spirit guide " Sam....man I laughed my ass off when he became " possessed " and attacked the make-up chick.....he seems to be missing lately so I don`t watch at all......but TAPS ROCKS...

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    Amen Girlfriend.....Most Haunted was great for some chuckles though...especially when they had Derick on with his " spirit guide " Sam....man I laughed my ass off when he became " possessed " and attacked the make-up chick.....he seems to be missing lately so I don`t watch at all......but TAPS ROCKS...
    LOL.

This is why he has been missing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW_ONN8odYs

Fired. They busted his ass.
    LOL

dbrian Guest
    Captain--

You succeeded in officially creeping me out with the Belushi story. I wish I could see some pics of some of these places and homes mentioned in this thread. The Vince story is creepy too--but maybe the thought of a playful ghost and the fact that I have a 3-year-old did the trick!

BTW--is there something on Walt Disney in this regard?

Good stuff!
    Last edited by dbrian; 10-27-2007 at 08:32 PM.

Danny62 Guest
    Joan Crawford haunts or haunted her former home!

Guest Guest

SuckMyKiss Guest
    I would so laugh if it was just some guy in the bushes with a piece of cotton attatched to it.

RoRo Guest
    Hey even ghosts need to play sometimes!

I saw that posted on Coast to Coast too last night. Weird. But fun weird, lol.

That was TOO cool //
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~smoochies~

sheeb720 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kundalini View Post
    Three Years Ago: According to a post I got just yesterday from one of the people involved in the investigation into this haunting, I got the following account:
    I wanted to respond with an update to this earlier post. I just had dinner with my friend over the weekend. Her son just turned 5 years old this month.
    I asked her if he's ever mentioned "the funny man" again? She has never brought the subject up to him, at all., but .... told me that me he had, in fact, just brought it up himself, a couple of weeks ago!
    They had been reminiscing about their stay at the hotel, and her son complained that he couldn't sleep well there because "the funny man" kept waking him up at night, making him laugh and wanting to play all the time!!! Remember, this kid was barely 2 years old when this all happened (3 years ago)!
    She then went on to tell me that she was sitting in bed one night (recently) looking at a book about the Chateau Marmont, and her son wandered in. He was very interested in what she was looking at so she told him it's all about the Chateau as she turned the pages ... there were many photos of various celebs that have stayed there over its many years. So the kid would say, "who is that?" And she said, oh that's an actor who was popular when your grandma was younger ... and that's Robert DeNiro, that's Robin Williams ... etc. Then she turned the page and as the child looked at the picture on the page, he got very excited, pointed and said: "Look Mommy, there's the FUNNY MAN!" The picture he pointed at was of John Belushi
    No, they have never shown him photos or Belushi films; in fact, when we suggested it a long time ago she said "no" so this kid has had no prompting whatsoever. But he sure did recognize his "funny man" right away!
    My friend also said that although she hadn't been afraid to go to the bathroom alone at night since she was 8 years old, she was very uncomfortable doing so when they were staying in bungalow 3. She said she would run in and out quickly, and never made eye contact with the mirror; she just felt as if she was being watched all the time. She went on to say that every time she opened the door to the room/area the kid was sleeping in, to tuck him in at night, she felt what she can only describe as a "whoosh!"
    This story gave me chills. Its an awesome story, but it still freaked me out a little.

Captain Kundalini Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dbrian View Post
    Captain--

You succeeded in officially creeping me out with the Belushi story. I wish I could see some pics of some of these places and homes mentioned in this thread. The Vince story is creepy too--but maybe the thought of a playful ghost and the fact that I have a 3-year-old did the trick!

BTW--is there something on Walt Disney in this regard?

Good stuff!
    Hi dbrian,

As far as I have been able to determine, Walt Disney's ghost has neither been seen, felt or heard since he died of a heart attack as a result of lung cancer on December 15, 1966. I have researched this. It has long been speculated that he haunts Disneyland but this has proven to be untrue. Thus, I belive his spirit is at rest and is not Earth Bound. He had no unfinished business here.
    As a matter of fact, the Disney Company Executive Board was shown a short film that Walt made just before his death, where he addressed each board member by name, telling him what he expected of him, and ending the film by saying "I'll be seeing you."
    His grave is in a small, private garden at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, California to the left of the entrance to the Freedom Mausoleum.
    A Warning: Do not ask an employee of the cemetery if they can help you find where a celebrity grave is located. They will refuse to do so and in some cases you may be asked or told to leave the cemetery.
    I hope that this helped.

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kundalini View Post
    Hi dbrian,

As far as I have been able to determine, Walt Disney's ghost has neither been seen, felt or heard since he died of a heart attack as a result of lung cancer on December 15, 1966. I have researched this. It has long been speculated that he haunts Disneyland but this has proven to be untrue. Thus, I belive his spirit is at rest and is not Earth Bound. He had no unfinished business here.
    As a matter of fact, the Disney Company Executive Board was shown a short film that Walt made just before his death, where he addressed each board member by name, telling him what he expected of him, and ending the film by saying "I'll be seeing you."
    His grave is in a small, private garden at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, California to the left of the entrance to the Freedom Mausoleum.
    A Warning: Do not ask an employee of the cemetery if they can help you find where a celebrity grave is located. They will refuse to do so and in some cases you may be asked or told to leave the cemetery.
    I hope that this helped.
    Captain..your John Belushi story fascinated me I have often wondered if he was earthbound because he did obviously have more life to live that was totally amazing! and you are soo right about the employees of Forest Lawn do not ask them for help you are on your own! That's where FindAGrave.com helped me out!

dbrian Guest
    Another Hollywood figure I heard about was Houdini--I THOUGHT he haunted the grounds where his house once stood--now a ruins. But somewhere I saw a pic of the Houdini house? I know he was interested in Spiritism.

ALso seems Humphry Bogart haunts his old yacht.

Oh yeah--and Freddie Prinze and Frederic March are haunters--I think!
    Last edited by dbrian; 10-28-2007 at 06:53 PM.

Captain Kundalini Guest

Exclamation

Freddie Prinze and Frederic March?
    I'll have to check into this.

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    i dont remember where, but there is supposed to be a hunting cabin haunted by clark gable. some CEO's were using it for a duck hunting cabina nd seen him.

onehunglow Guest
    Patrick Swayze comes to mind. God they have footage of him walking through a wall. I didn't know he died.

attackatdawn Guest
    Weird but quite interesting lol!

Not really an Actor, I suppose, but here's a link of TAPS "talking" to Jay Sebring of the Manson Murders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7-1ywK7XfA

knothere Guest
    lucy ball haunts her roxbury dr home

knothere Guest
    fake id say inless they show sumone walk all around the entire sweing set on cam

45. 10-29-2007, 01:09 PM

Guest Guest
    scientists have ruled out the wind...notice the other two swings slightly move just as if they would if someone were swinging...the air/rush of wind from someone swinging on the middle swing would cause the same...I think it is pretty cool...and since science can't figure it out I say it's a ghost!

dbrian Guest
    Lucy haunts her old home? Wonder if she is upset that they remodeled it! Man I love old Hollywood!

Jill-the-Ripper Guest

Smile Tales from around the campfire.

Anybody have any good ones?

When I was a child, we travelled out to California to visit my uncle. Both families met up in a camp in Oregon owned by my uncle's friend. There were interesting mining artifacts all about. That night, we sat around the glow of the campfire under a dark canopy of tall trees and my uncle told us stories from his childhood back in PA.

He and my father were from a rather large family and it seems that something interesting always happened to them. Once when they were swimming in the creek down by the railroad trestle, they found the body of a boy who had drowned. Another time, while prowling in the woods near the train tracks, they found the remains of a hobo who had hung himself in a tree.

The most interesting story was when a locomotive had blown up at the crossing about a mile from their house. The explosion had awakened everyone, and my grandfather and a few of his sons walked down the hill for a look-see. The hillside was scarred from the blast, and the engineer and fireman had been killed. The townsfolk were milling about, my grandfather and his boys included. My uncle looked down on the ground and happened to see a man's black sock. Being the typical nosy 5-year-old, he picked it up and peered inside. He was greeted by the sight of the engineer's toes! The sock was turned in to the coroner by my grandfather.
    This all happened in the early 1930s. As late as the 1970s there was still a discernable mark up on the hill.

Needless to say, it was rather difficult to get to sleep that night.

Analyst_Rob Guest
    Most excellent!
    There is a great fishing spot on a small river near eastern PA where a railroad crosses.... (not sure if it's the same spot as your gramp's) but there is an area in the trees on the downhill side of the abandoned tracks which clearly show a growth change from the surrounding trees... I've heard it was where a line of coal cars left the track years ago…
    Walking out after sunset, on a windless night … I thought I remember hearing a low steady 'creaking' among the deeply shadowed brush…. I wonder if it was a HoBo?
    Happy Halloween Jill-the-Ripper!!!!
    Last edited by Analyst_Rob; 10-30-2007 at 06:18 AM.

Jill-the-Ripper Guest
    Creeee-ak. Ooh that's scary imagery!
    It's in southwestern PA, where we call creeks "cricks".
    I never could get any descriptive particulars from my father or uncle.
    Happy Hallowe'en to you as well.

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    cool!! there is a pond in enoree sc whee several people kept drowning in the 50's. they said it was weeds or roots or trees or something underwater, but the pond was drained and there was absolutely nothing under there but mud, rocks, and trash. it has since filled up again, and as late as 1994, there were more drownings. they say at night that u will hear people splashing and screaming. i have never heard anything, but we did find a "alter" there once with a goat sacrificed on it.