Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 236370717273 LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,600 of 3643

Thread: Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

Well, We've had a few more weird happenings here...It usually centers around the kitchen and the main floor bedrooms..
    Oddly enough the basement seems benign.
    It started up again a few nights ago- The kitchen is always stressful, Just over all tense..Has been since moving in.
    The bedrooms if you sit in there to watch tv or even just settling in for the night..Occasionally out of the corner of your eye there is movement, But its gone in a flash- We just moved our bedroom to the guest room and that seems when things turned up a notch. We had smudged with sweet grass and cedar to get rid of any bad juju that might be around there...So with that said: Last night we went to bed early and doors shut because we have a very nosy 25lb siamese who enjoys short sheeting us lol!
    Long story short our daughter came down to get ready for bed and all of a sudden hears the door open and shut, Thinking my husband or I had to use the bathroom she came out and seeing the door open, that we were both somewhat asleep, She said " Mom, I thought you were waiting for the bathroom?" Just as I went to say No, The door swung shut and latched! No windows opened, No wind, The cat was upstairs..and the dog was in bed.
    This particular bedroom door, The knob has to turn just right to open, it takes a bit of effert.. and there is always a click..
    same for closing..Our daughter just stood there and watched like she couldn't believe what she just saw!
    She then opened the door and said did you just see that? I did and although not scared I am unsettled when weird things happen with no explanation.
    This is the same bedroom that I saw what appeared to be a transparent little girl pass by me in the middle of the night when we first moved in while on the way to the bathroom...But I chalked that up to being half asleep..
    I dunno, its strange.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 04-15-2017 at 01:34 PM.

That's interesting. Have you done any research on the house?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.wistv.com/story/35390098/...mystery-tenant

Just wondering if anyone has heard the strange story about this house?
    They claim that the house is for sale, However, there are alot of stipulations in regard to the property such as: Potential buyers CANNOT ask about the "residence"- Particularly about the upstairs apartment where there is a "tenant" who doesn't pay rent, but there is a lease, Tenant cannot be bothered or evicted and the new owner is suppose to basically keep this tenant on at new owners expense/ responsibility? WTH? (Seems a bit illegal)
    There has been a lot of speculation on this property anywhere from the "Tenant" being some artist to some thinking its a ghost.
    I dunno, I believe in ghosts but IMO I think its a stunt/story to get ppl interested in just an old delapitated house that use to be nice. JMO
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 05-10-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Stunt
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The only unexplained thing that ever happened to me was one morning I was awakened by a vacant bedroom's door rattling back and forth as I lay abed. I thought perhaps rats, but dismissed that on their size alone, and finally surmised a draft from the window, but it was shut, so, I still don't know.

Lots of unexplainable things have happened to me in the last 56 years, but the following takes the cake in it's weirdness.

One day late last month, I got a big bowl of homemade vegetable soup out of the fridge, set it on the table, sat down, when something cold rushed across my foot, brushing my ankle. I didn't feel feet, just the cold brush. At first, I thought it might be condensation dropping off the bowl, though the feeling was too much for a few drops of cold water, or that Bella had gone amok and pissed on me, though piss is warm. Besides, my skin was dry.

Sissy and I have chalked it up to the ghost cat who's usually satisfied hopping in bed with me. Maybe it's a different cat?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

We had a ghost cat at a house I lived in back in Pensacola. Angela, my roommate, kept talking about there being a ghost cat. One evening I was sitting at the computer and I felt a cat rub up against one of my legs so I backed up to look under my desk and nothing was there. Angela was in the next room and I yelled, "Where are the cats?" and she said, "They're all on the couch with me." I told her, "Well I just experienced the ghost cat." We think it followed us here to Indiana because we've had a few experiences. My cat, Tyler, died a couple of months ago and for a while I would feel him get in the bed with me at night. I miss him so much. I guess he's moved on though because it hasn't happened since right after he died.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't know if this is the right spot for this, but....
    When my Dads older brother passed away there were many crazy stories about things that happened that showed he was still around. I had 2 extremely vivid dreams involving him. My daddy passed away a week and a half ago, and nothing. Could it be because my uncle passed suddenly and unexpectedly, and Daddy went peacefully after everybody got to say goodbye? With my uncle he knew we were all struggling to make sense of what happened, and with Dad we're at peace knowing he is at peace and is no longer suffering?
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

navallint Guest
    I'm so sorry you lost your dad, sassy. It's a hearbreak you never forget.
    When my dad passed, after suffering from Parkinsons for 6 years, I was at his side in my parents home, I wanted to hear or sense something, but it was a year after his death. My mother had ALZ, I cared for her along with dad, and she had to go into the hospital for several weeks. I came home to rest and get somethings for her one day and in about 5 minutes the smoke alarm went off. I had replaced the batteries when time changed about a month before. I checked for smoke, nothing. I turned the alarm off, and it went off again. It happened twice again. I relized how quiet the house was with me and mom gone. So I 'talked' to dad. " Pop, mom will be home in about 3 days. she is ok. Please, knock it off! " lol. the alarm stopped and never went off again. I believe with my heart he just wanted to get my attention.

The last time I heard from him was a very vivid dream. I was at his cabin on the lake, it was dark, but with a big ole yellow moon. There was a fire in the pit, and suddenly I saw my dad sitting in a chair, holding a fishing pole. I was so happy to see him When I went to his side, he looked up at me and said ' bring us some firewood'. When I returned, I got the fire blazing. He handed me a fishing pole, and pointed to a chair. In silence, we sat there and fished, not a word was said. It just peaceful, and when I woke up I new he was a rest. Since that dream, I feel reassured and content, his suffering was gone.
    Give it time, he will come to you, and it may be very subtle so keep a close out for the slightest change.

Sassy I am so sorry about your dad passing, No it isn't always someone that has died unexpectedly or tragically, my grandpa lived to be 79 and died due to lung cancer the second time around, I don't smoke and we live in california, my grandpa was in Indiana, he hadn't smoked in years not long after he died I kept smell cigarette smoke and old spice after shave he always wore it, one night I had just come home from being out with my hubby, we don't have kids or anything or any toy cars, up on our porch step was a little red hot wheels toy truck, my grandpa drove a red truck, could he have left it there to me know, our yard area is fenced in and the neighbor kids do not come into our area without asking first.

Thanks.
    He had a twin that died when they were 6. Maybe he is too busy catching up with him to let us know he is ok

So sorry about your dad, Sassy.

Sissy heard Mama calling her name one night, and my granny kept watch on me while I was in the hospital in 2009.

Speaking of hospital. In my thread about what happened to me, I mention having and Out of Body Experience. I also saw two or three ghosts. Both times there was a nurse or doctor in the room with me, but they didn't see what I saw. So, I was looking at the living person, turned my head to the right and there was this dark-haird chick staring at me. Hair pulled back, a hint of collar, and that was all. She vanished. A day or so before I was transferred to rehab, two more appeared. Now, one of them may have been the dark haired chick. I don't know, because all she would allow me to see was the back side of her hair. The other one was blond with bangs. Her right eye was nothing but skin grown over the socket; the left eye was a tiny black dot above a massively swollen jaw. I got the impression she died of a brain tumor. She also had her right thumb in her ear with her fingers sticking up, as if she were mocking me.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    http://www.wistv.com/story/35390098/...mystery-tenant

Just wondering if anyone has heard the strange story about this house?
    They claim that the house is for sale, However, there are alot of stipulations in regard to the property such as: Potential buyers CANNOT ask about the "residence"- Particularly about the upstairs apartment where there is a "tenant" who doesn't pay rent, but there is a lease, Tenant cannot be bothered or evicted and the new owner is suppose to basically keep this tenant on at new owners expense/ responsibility? WTH? (Seems a bit illegal)
    There has been a lot of speculation on this property anywhere from the "Tenant" being some artist to some thinking its a ghost.
    I dunno, I believe in ghosts but IMO I think its a stunt/story to get ppl interested in just an old delapitated house that use to be nice. JMO
    The mysterious Tenant
    CAYCE, SC (WIS) - It's the post you've seen across your Facebook feed - rental property listing in the Midlands has gone viral.
    The post, which says the 4-bedroom single-family home in Cayce comes with an upstairs tenant, has already garnered nearly 1.3 million views on Zillow and has people all over the country sharing the story.
    The upstairs tenant's name is Randall McKissick, a 70-year-old retired artist who says he had no idea about the listing going viral.
    McKissick says he started living in the home when a friend gave him a helping hand. He says he has fallen on hard times as an artist due to changes in the industry. When McKissick had no place to call home, his friend Mike offered him a place.
    “I think the rent just got too high and I was booted out. Mike says, ‘I have a place for you.’ And I’ve been here since [then]," McKissick says.
    Mike is said to be the owner of the property, and McKissick’s childhood friend.
    “I’ve known Mike – his father built the house – since junior high school,” McKissick says. http://www.wistv.com/story/35399229/...nttype=generic

PurrPurr Guest
    While checking out related vids on YouTube:

Yikes! Creepy.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

16. 08-19-2018, 02:55 PM

17. 08-21-2018, 11:46 AM

18. 08-21-2018, 04:33 PM

19. 08-24-2018, 10:55 AM

20. 08-25-2018, 11:43 AM

21. 08-29-2018, 05:18 AM

22. 08-29-2018, 09:12 PM

23. 09-03-2018, 09:01 PM

24. 09-05-2018, 08:46 AM

Last month a friend of mine passed away. She was 33 years old and suffered a massive heart attack. We met when we were 11 and remained super close until about our early 20s when we drifted apart. We kept in touch, but just weren’t as close. Anyway…
    Last night I had a dream that her and I were hanging out in what seemed like somebody’s cabin. It was just like the good old days when we were super close! Then she said “you know I’m not really here, right”, the. We heard a noise outside. She said “ugh oh, I think moms back!” And she went in the other room and disappeared through the ceiling.
    I’m a firm believer that loved ones visit you through your dreams, but it’s just kind of strange? The whole concept of the dream was just kinda odd, and why would she run off when her mom showed up?

I believe that your friend did visit you, when my grandma passed in June, a month later I had a dream, I was sitting in her house, that she lived in, in Missouri and I lived with her when I was 12, I could see the whole house how it was, I said is it really you, she called me by the nickname that she and I only knew for me, and said yes this is really me visiting you, I am okay now, I am with grandpa and we have done a lot of fishing and I don't hurt anymore and he was waiting for me as I was taking my last breath, she goes I just came to show you I was happy and alright.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMonkey719 View Post
    Last month a friend of mine passed away. She was 33 years old and suffered a massive heart attack. We met when we were 11 and remained super close until about our early 20s when we drifted apart. We kept in touch, but just weren’t as close. Anyway…
    Last night I had a dream that her and I were hanging out in what seemed like somebody’s cabin. It was just like the good old days when we were super close! Then she said “you know I’m not really here, right”, the. We heard a noise outside. She said “ugh oh, I think moms back!” And she went in the other room and disappeared through the ceiling.
    I’m a firm believer that loved ones visit you through your dreams, but it’s just kind of strange? The whole concept of the dream was just kinda odd, and why would she run off when her mom showed up?
    I know some don't believe in it but I was told when I was younger that when people die, they can go back to the times when they were happiest. You said it yourself that it was the good old days for you and that is probably why your friend chose that particular setting so you would know it was her. I can only guess but maybe the reason she disappeared when her mom showed up was because it was her way of saying this was just for you and nobody else. She just wanted to visit to tell you she was okay.

That’s a good thought! I was gonna send her mom a message, but I think I’ll keep it to myself for now . This also makes me want to get out my sb-7 spirit box. I’ve tried to talk to my dad through it, but he is nowhere to be found since he passed a year ago last month.

It's happened to me. Twice, just after someone died. They came to me on a beautiful day and a willow tree hanging over a river, to let me know they were okay and tell their family they were okay.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    It's happened to me. Twice, just after someone died. They came to me on a beautiful day and a willow tree hanging over a river, to let me know they were okay and tell their family they were okay.
    For me, it was a smell rather than a dream. I was lying in bed the night after my nana died and all of a sudden the scent of a perfume started to drift around the room. Admittedly I thought I was imagining things at first but my sister who was next to me at the time said she smelt it too and we realized it was her way of showing she was there with us.

Sassy, I have been wanting one of those spirit boxes, I think I'll try to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Sassy, I have been wanting one of those spirit boxes, I think I'll try to get one.
    We were just talking about getting a spirit box but was wondering if they would work in a high traffic area, A friend of ours said that you have to consider it picking up ppl on cell phones etc..I don’t know how much truth there is to that..He’s kind of a know it all type, He’s an expert about everything and knows about nothing. (Most of the time)
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 09-15-2018 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    We were just talking about getting a spirit box but was wondering if they would work in a high traffic area, A friend of ours said that you have to consider it picking up ppl on cell phones etc..I don’t know how much truth there is to that..He’s kind of a know it all type, He’s an expert about everything and knows about nothing. (Most of the time)
    This might help you. It's a Q&A all about spirit boxes and goes into the ins and outs of what they entail.

https://thespiritboxmyspiritualjourn...box-q--a.html#

I watch a group on youtube, one is two guys they go by the youtube name urban ghost urban explorer they use it and haven't picked up cell phones, also youtuber Gteamparanormal uses it as well and haven't picked up cell phone activity all it is, is the shackhack from back in the day, an am fm radio with a wire cut or something like that, and it scans the channels nonstop backwards, I think they use the spirit box sb7

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    This might help you. It's a Q&A all about spirit boxes and goes into the ins and outs of what they entail.

https://thespiritboxmyspiritualjourn...box-q--a.html#
    Thank you Shell, I appreciate you taking the time to get info/link on this...

I watch a group on youtube, one is two guys they go by the youtube name urban ghost urban explorer they use it and haven't picked up cell phones, also youtuber Gteamparanormal uses it as well and haven't picked up cell phone activity all it is, is the shackhack from back in the day, an am fm radio with a wire cut or something like that, and it scans the channels nonstop backwards, I think they use the spirit box sb7
    Hey, I subscribe to both those channels as well! Yes it's an SB7 spirit box. It scans radio signals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sweet domino, if you see my avatar picture in the comments that is me. Isn't Joe a sexy beast?

This picture is of a hometown friend's ancestors. She posted it on FB as you do.

It's just an ordinary pic--or is it? Look at the window. It gives me the creeps.

She knows the name of each person except the woman looking out the window.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Cindy that looks like a little girl in a white dress with a bow in her hair could a child have been there or was it a ghost

Cindy that looks like a little girl in a white dress with a bow in her hair could a child have been there or was it a ghost
    I have no clue. If so, why wasn't she out there in front of the camera? Maybe she was sick. But, I just got an urge to look closely at that window, and there she was. And I got this heevie feeling. I think it's a ghost.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Unless they just wanted a picture with adults and took one of the kids later, looking at the adults was this during a holiday or an event such as a funeral as they are wearing their "sunday best" could it be the little girl's funeral? It sure is creepy and does make you wonder why she was not out there

I don't think she said what it was. Her great great grandparents and aunts and uncles are in it. She's 83, so it was certainly a long time ago.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sorry ladies, but ever heard of "Occam's Razor"?

It's a problem solving principle which basically states that for any given unexplained thing, the most straightforward explanation requiring the fewest assumptions, contortions or interventions is most likely the correct explanation.

So here, we have two primary scenarios:

1. A person was looking out the window when the photo was taken.

2. A supernatural being visually materialized in human form at the window when the photo was being taken.

What's the most likely explanation?

If we're going to suppose that it's a ghost, why don't we suppose that it's a reptilian alien from another planet that can shift shapes, adopting human form; that happens to like photo bombing unsuspecting humans that it has been sent here to observe?

I mean, is that any more far-fetched than supposing that it's a ghost - a class of being, the existence for which in all of human history, a total of zero credible evidence has been collected and presented?

But there is something really, really out of place and strange in that photo.

Look to the left.
    The upper left.

How the hell is that bicycle levitating all the way up that wall near the roof all by itself?
    Maybe it's a ghostly bicycle.
    Maybe the ghost in the window parked it there when she decided to pose for the picture.

Or maybe an adult used a step ladder to hang it up there out of the way, and have it out of easy reach so that somebody couldn't easily get to it.
    Maybe it belongs to the girl in the window and it was taken away from her and placed out of reach in plain sight as some kind of punishment.

Who knows - but I'm betting the answer likely doesn't involve any unseen forces.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Jim, you're ruining our heebie jeebies, Jim.
    Last edited by cindyt; 08-07-2019 at 11:01 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Boo!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	166.2 KB 
ID:	54865

Eek!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

LOL Jim don't ruin it for us, I have been a paranormal investigator for many years and have seen a lot of things that I can't explain and yeah I am not one that is quick to say something is haunted.

LOL Jim don't ruin it for us, I have been a paranormal investigator for many years and have seen a lot of things that I can't explain and yeah I am not one that is quick to say something is haunted.
    I'm not a paranormal investigator, but I have seen and heard--when I could hear--things that could not be explained as anything but otherworldly.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I have too - not so much ghostly stuff for me; but a couple of UFO sightings that defy explanation.
    But I think now that even though I don't know of or can't immediately imagine a "logical" explanation, that doesn't mean that there isn't one.

Our senses will deceive us.
    That's been well demonstrated in many ways and documented experiments using staged events in front of eye witnesses who might as well be comparing apples to footballs.

And our memories aren't so reliable either - I've often made the comment, "I remember it like it was yesterday."
    Well, if my memory is off and there was no other witness to the event to point it out, how the heck would I know that what I recall is faulty?

I'd like to believe in ghosts, Bigfoot, UFO's and the like - but I have to think that if any of those things were real, surely by now during the course of human history, we'd have some pretty solid proof.

That said, here's the one ghost video from Youtube that makes me think it might just be real.
    The first part, you have to really watch to see some movement - it's almost invisible.
    The second part, they've applied a color filter that lets's you see the "ghosts" a little more clearly.

The first few times I watched this, the filtered version wasn't out there and I didn't see the movement.
    After watching several times, I did see it, and this is pretty spooky; whether real or faked...

Jim my husband and I were sitting outside about midnight, no one was around but us and it was very quiet, I saw something about the height of a child dart infront of my neighbors truck , it was solid black like a shadow did not make a sound and darted toward the laundry room, there is no back way out they would have come back at some point but never did, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me until my husband said did you just see that shadow figure? I said yep, it couldnt have been a human as we would have heard footsteps on the gravel, and it was to tall to be a cat or dog, we live three blocks from where the PSA flight 182 plane crash happened, was it a spirit? My husband is not a beliver but he cant explain what we saw two nights ago.

Jim my husband and I were sitting outside about midnight, no one was around but us and it was very quiet, I saw something about the height of a child dart infront of my neighbors truck , it was solid black like a shadow did not make a sound and darted toward the laundry room, there is no back way out they would have come back at some point but never did, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me until my husband said did you just see that shadow figure? I said yep, it couldnt have been a human as we would have heard footsteps on the gravel, and it was to tall to be a cat or dog, we live three blocks from where the PSA flight 182 plane crash happened, was it a spirit? My husband is not a beliver but he cant explain what we saw two nights ago.
    I understand you aren't the only person who experienced paranormal events in that area.

One of my sightings took place when I was ten and my friend was eleven. My parents and little sisters were grocery shopping. The front door was open, but the backdoor, which was one of those jobs that locked automatically when shut, was closed. We were sitting in my living room, gabbing and listening to Hey Jude when a woman appeared out of the blue in the next room. We looked at each other and back at her. She was standing in the entrance between rooms. I blinked, and she vanished before our eyes. We tore out onto the front porch. I decided I wasn't going to let no stinkin ghost get the best of me. So, I ran back to the screen door, wrapped my fingers around the handle. And the ghost was just there, man, not an inch away from me. I screamed, and she vanished. No other explanation than she was a ghost.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Was it a cloudy night or was there moonlight or starlight?

I understand you aren't the only person who experienced paranormal events in that area.

One of my sightings took place when I was ten and my friend was eleven. My parents and little sisters were grocery shopping. The front door was open, but the backdoor, which was one of those jobs that locked automatically when shut, was closed. We were sitting in my living room, gabbing and listening to Hey Jude when a woman appeared out of the blue in the next room. We looked at each other and back at her. She was standing in the entrance between rooms. I blinked, and she vanished before our eyes. We tore out onto the front porch. I decided I wasn't going to let no stinkin ghost get the best of me. So, I ran back to the screen door, wrapped my fingers around the handle. And the ghost was just there, man, not an inch away from me. I screamed, and she vanished. No other explanation than she was a ghost.
    That's a really spooky and curious happening, it makes me wonder about several things.
    I don't expect you to actually answer a bunch of questions, even if you do; I won't have an "explanation"; but I'm curious about the details and what you recall about the event.

It appeared when you wrapped your fingers around the handle and disappeared when you screamed?
    It was an inch away?

Did it appear solid?
    What was it wearing?
    Did you notice a scent?
    Any sensation of cold or heat?
    Did your friend see that too or did she\he stay on the porch?

I've got credible friends who claim to have seen everything from ghosts to Bigfoot to UFO's; and I don't doubt that they saw something; or really believe that they did.
    Like I said, I've had a couple of UFO sightings that I still say were real aircraft unlike anything we know about today; but the evidence doesn't allow me to reasonably conclude that they were from another planet or dimension of time, etc.

Oftentimes, things can be explained away or plausible, natural explanations can be offered; sometimes not; those are the ones most interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Was it a cloudy night or was there moonlight or starlight?

That's a really spooky and curious happening, it makes me wonder about several things.
    I don't expect you to actually answer a bunch of questions, even if you do; I won't have an "explanation"; but I'm curious about the details and what you recall about the event.

It appeared when you wrapped your fingers around the handle and disappeared when you screamed?
    It was an inch away?

Did it appear solid?
    What was it wearing?
    Did you notice a scent?

I've got credible friends who claim to have seen everything from ghosts to Bigfoot to UFO's; and I don't doubt that they saw something; or really believe that they did.
    Like I said, I've had a couple of UFO sightings that I still say were real aircraft unlike anything we know about today; but the evidence doesn't allow me to reasonably conclude that they were from another planet or dimension of time, etc.

Oftentimes, things can be explained away or plausible, natural explanations can be offered; sometimes not; those are the ones most interesting.
    It appeared when you wrapped your fingers around the handle and disappeared when you screamed?[/QUOTE] Yes. I wrapped my fingers around the handle and looked through the screen and it was just there.

It was an inch away?
    That's my memory. It could have been two inches.

Did it appear solid?
    Yes. It didn't have any feet.

What was it wearing?
    It had curly white hair and was wearing a medium blue jersey dress with a red cabbage rose pattern.

Did you notice a scent?
    No

No

She was standing just behind me and saw it too.

It immediately impacted our lives. We made a pact never to tell a soul--IDK why this was so important back then. Eventually, after my family moved, I did tell them. They believed me because I wasn't one to go around saying stuff like that.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Jim it was a clear night, Hubby just told me he has seen it a few other times and it is always moving the same direction, just had my neighbor text me and say hey, um this going to sound wierd, but have you seen anything strange moving past my husband's truck and to laundry room, I said you mean the shadow figure, she goes YESSS! Thought I was loosing my mind. I said nope hubby and I saw it as well. Dang Cindy that would have startled me seeing that lady

Dang Cindy that would have startled me seeing that lady
    That's nothing to the goings on in the house I lived in when Nabo got busted.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yes. I wrapped my fingers around the handle and looked through the screen and it was just there.

It had curly white hair and was wearing a medium blue jersey dress with a red cabbage rose pattern.

No

No

It immediately impacted our lives. We made a pact never to tell a soul--IDK why this was so important back then. Eventually, after my family moved, I did tell them. They believed me because I wasn't one to go around saying stuff like that.[/QUOTE]

That's fascinating.
    Especially the "no feet" part; for some reason.
    So she looked completely solid and "normal" except for having no feet?

Jim it was a clear night, Hubby just told me he has seen it a few other times and it is always moving the same direction, just had my neighbor text me and say hey, um this going to sound wierd, but have you seen anything strange moving past my husband's truck and to laundry room, I said you mean the shadow figure, she goes YESSS! Thought I was loosing my mind. I said nope hubby and I saw it as well. Dang Cindy that would have startled me seeing that lady
    Interesting.
    Since it's a "shadow figure" - I have to wonder if it could be exactly that - a shadow.
    Is there any possibility that moon light could be causing a shadow, or is your house\yard positioned in such a way that headlights from distant cars might be casting shadows?
    Something like headlights from cars in the distance would simulate movement too.

I used to work at a place where the next door property had been purchased after the owner had died. His house was torn down and our building was expanded onto the property. Several people said there was a ghost in there and that odd things would happen - they would set something down, turn away for a minute; and the thing would be gone. One of our guys used to visit with the old man who owned that house; he claims that he went into that area one night and heard the old guy say his name. Most people just reported seeing shadows moving out of the corner of their eye. I was working up there alone late one night and saw (or think I saw) a shadow move across the wall toward a doorway. I wondered then if I had just seen the "ghost".

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Yes. I wrapped my fingers around the handle and looked through the screen and it was just there.

No

No

It immediately impacted our lives. We made a pact never to tell a soul--IDK why this was so important back then. Eventually, after my family moved, I did tell them. They believed me because I wasn't one to go around saying stuff like that.

That's fascinating.
    Especially the "no feet" part; for some reason.
    So she looked completely solid and "normal" except for having no feet?
    And vanishing and reappearing before our eyes.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

No not possible for it to be carlights as we live in the back and the only way car lights would be seen is if they come down the drive way, which as there wasn't any, also no not a shadow cast by moonlight, and another time my husband saw it the moon wasn't visible, it moved like someone darting, if it were a human we would have heard footsteos and it actually passed through my neighbor's front bumper of his truck and then did a zig zag jerking movement

And vanishing and reappearing before our eyes.
    Yeah - that and having no feet suggests that there may have been something odd about the woman.
    You mentioned her dress - did it strike you as being contemporary in style - something that people might have worn at the time you saw her?

No not possible for it to be carlights as we live in the back and the only way car lights would be seen is if they come down the drive way, which as there wasn't any, also no not a shadow cast by moonlight, and another time my husband saw it the moon wasn't visible, it moved like someone darting, if it were a human we would have heard footsteos and it actually passed through my neighbor's front bumper of his truck and then did a zig zag jerking movement
    I thought of a logical reason why y'all didn't hear any footsteps:
    It's the same woman Cindy saw - we've already established that she doesn't have any feet.

Now see - this is interesting and fascinating.
    Hearing first person accounts when there's no real reason to embellish the accounting.

It's not like watching those "ghost hunter" TV shows where it's about ratings and advertising and keeping you tuning in even though they never find any ghosts.

And yeah - I'm having trouble imagining a natural and logical explanation for either situation.

I know I've told this story here, probably in this thread some years ago, but I'm going to sum it up again here.

It's my "ghost story"; although I'm sure it was just a really big coincidence.

I lived in the same house in Biloxi for 15 years.
    A few times over the years I would be laying in bed kind of half awake and half asleep; and I swear I'd feel someone lay down next to me. It wasn't like someone sat down on the edge of the bed and then laid down, it was like the weight of a body just suddenly plopping down next to me. Each time it happened, I came straight up out of bed ready to fight or flee, but of course there was no one there. I chalked it up to being more asleep than awake and having dreamed it. The last time it happened, I swear I heard the bed springs squeak. But I would always quickly forget about it.

One hot Friday night, I got home and after a while, my AC started making some noise. It was coming from the air handler in a bedroom closet. I opened it up and felt the motor, it was hot as a firecracker. The next morning, I got up early, pulled the motor out and went to a parts store and got a new one. I went back home and was putting it in when I heard a knock on the front door. I was hot and aggravated and pissed that somebody was knocking on the door - I figured it was a politician or a Jehovah's Witness or something, so I stomped up there and slung the door open to give them a piece of my mind.

The first thing I saw was a van sitting in the driveway from an AC repair company.
    Instantly, my head started spinning trying to figure out how they knew to show up at that moment.
    I wondered if he had been at the parts store and followed me home or something; but I remembered that there was only one other guy in there and he was buying parts for a gas stove. At that moment, I looked at the guy who had knocked on they door and he said, "AC's broke, right?"

I was so perplexed that I just said, "Yeah."
    He said, "Well show me to it."

So we started down the hall.
    After a few steps, my head started to clear a bit and I stopped and turned to him and said, "I don't understand what you're doing here."
    Then he looked puzzled. He pulled a note pad out of his shirt pocket, read off my address and asked if he was in the right place.

"We got a call, sounded like an elderly lady. She said the AC was out and asked us to get here as fast as we could."

I didn't even think about the several incidents of someone laying down next to me until after he was gone; made me wonder if maybe I had been more awake than asleep after all.