Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18252627282936 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 2806

Thread: Former President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Trump's hair held up - no wind or heavy rain - could have been ugly

I have an older friend whom I've know since 1971 who posted on FB that she "saw God show up at the inauguration."
    Last edited by cindyt; 01-20-2017 at 06:53 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post

I have an older friend whom I've know since 1971 who posted on FB that she "saw God show up at the inauguration."
    He had to, right?

What with his getting inaugurated and all that.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Protesting against Trump is fine, I get it. But going berserk, smashing and burning OTHER peoples property is not fine. If your angry, smash and destroy your own shit !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Protesting against Trump is fine, I get it. But going berserk, smashing and burning OTHER peoples property is not fine. If your angry, smash and destroy your own shit !
    Word.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I was just telling a friend of mine about the time Elvis didn't like something that was on TV, so he shot his TV. A twisted form of common sense, but common sense nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I was just telling a friend of mine about the time Elvis didn't like something that was on TV, so he shot his TV. A twisted form of common sense, but common sense nonetheless.
    Priss was cheating on him with martial artist Mike Stone and Elvis would shoot the TV when The Streets of San Francisco came on because the the lead character was named Mike Stone, portrayed by Karl Malden.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Agreed. I can't stand him, myself, but violence and destroying things defeat the message.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Agreed. I can't stand him, myself, but violence and destroying things defeat the message.
    Shoot 'em - they'll stop.

Protesting is fine - it's a protected form of expression even when it's pointless.
    Rioting and destroying stuff is just hooliganism and a danger to the public.

That could be a new slogan ... If Elvis Can Destroy HIS Own Property So Can You !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    First let me say that I have no problem with people peacefully protesting as the many women were doing this weekend all over the country. I have taken my time to listen to some of the speeches and I have to say, everyone I heard was so laden with historical and political errors that if I believed what these women were saying I'd be out there protesting too. I'm not trying to be provocative here but I would like to know what this "message" is and what actual basis is there for it.

I'll take Gloria Steinem's speech for instance, she says at one point this:

"We remember the death of the future with MLK, JFK, RFK with MX, without those deaths for instance Nixon would not have been elected and there would not have been many of the wars we have had".

What??

When JFK was assassinated Lyndon Johnson, a democrat took over and he is the one who first sent troops into Vietnam. Nixon is the one who brought the troops home. What other "many wars" have we had? Desert Storm and the various responses to 9/11.

And everyone cheers as if whatever she, Madonna, Charlize Theron etc... says is accurate. Isn't accuracy important? Shouldn't fear of the future as expressed be grounded in an actual threat? Trump can't end abortion on his own. He hasn't even said he would try. Most republicans are pro-life and have the same attitude towards it as Trump does so id this a protest against Trump or republicans? You think any one of those 17 republican candidates would have put a liberal or even a moderate judge on the SC?

I'm trying to make sense of all this because to me, it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    First let me say that I have no problem with people peacefully protesting as the many women were doing this weekend all over the country. I have taken my time to listen to some of the speeches and I have to say, everyone I heard was so laden with historical and political errors that if I believed what these women were saying I'd be out there protesting too. I'm not trying to be provocative here but I would like to know what this "message" is and what actual basis is there for it.

I'll take Gloria Steinem's speech for instance, she says at one point this:

"We remember the death of the future with MLK, JFK, RFK with MX, without those deaths for instance Nixon would not have been elected and there would not have been many of the wars we have had".

What??

When JFK was assassinated Lyndon Johnson, a democrat took over and he is the one who first sent troops into Vietnam. Nixon is the one who brought the troops home. What other "many wars" have we had? Desert Storm and the various responses to 9/11.

And everyone cheers as if whatever she, Madonna, Charlize Theron etc... says is accurate. Isn't accuracy important? Shouldn't fear of the future as expressed be grounded in an actual threat? Trump can't end abortion on his own. He hasn't even said he would try. Most republicans are pro-life and have the same attitude towards it as Trump does so id this a protest against Trump or republicans? You think any one of those 17 republican candidates would have put a liberal or even a moderate judge on the SC?

I have to agree. I am pissed at Madonna's call for revolution. Yeah, and she'll be hid out somewhere while the fighting is going on.

For the record, I do not want anything to happen to Trump. He is a human being. But if this "blow up the White House" keeps up some whacko is liable to go for it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Protesting is fine - it's a protected form of expression even when it's pointless.
    Rioting and destroying stuff is just hooliganism and a danger to the public.
    Agreed. Rioting, looting, vandalism, etc. endangers everyone around you and makes you look bad regardless of your stance on the issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

That pissed me off also. Madonna and other show biz types should refrain from speaking in public, most of them have no clue about what goes on in the real world.

I'm working on what I call the "Theory Of Maximum Contentment Through Alternative Facts."

Unfortunately, it keeps running headlong into the equal and opposite, "Theory Of Maximum Discontentment Through Alternative Facts."

But I agree with you - it seems like if people are going to get all worked up and protest something(s) that they might want to have an inkling of the who, what, where and why of the matter(s).

What's the world coming to when you can no longer rely upon celebrities to think things through and offer sage guidance?

Update: I have been able to reconcile my conflicting theories of contentment so that both are now totally complimentary.
    I simply had to reframe them using alternative facts; which of course can be whatever you need or want them to be.
    As it has been said - there is just no arguing with the facts.
    Last edited by JimC; 01-24-2017 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Update

Before 2017 is out, this jerk will get us involved in a major war somewhere in the world.

Emma Lazarus: "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."

Donald Trump: "Emma Lazarus is an overrated loser who never has the facts straight. SAD!"

Also, when I saw the Trump thread wasn't in Entertainment anymore, I immediately went to Police Blotter. Live and learn.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by salvatore1989 View Post
    Before 2017 is out, this jerk will get us involved in a major war somewhere in the world.
    I sadly feel you may be right-
    Remember, the honeymoon phase is not over yet for his admirers.
    Because I am familiar with what a loser Mike Pence is, (remember, he was going to run for prez & failed) He did nothing for the state of IN.- except oppress...(family and friends live there)
    Additionally regarding his stance on planned parenthood, No Man should have ANY say so over a womans reproductive system-ever. period. JMO
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 01-28-2017 at 06:37 PM.

I think that he is demonstrating an uncharacteristically high degree of wisdom.

It only makes sense to get a little experience with trampling the law of the land before you go after freedom of speech, freedom of assembly - that whole antiquated Bill of Rights thing that will surely get in the way of progress if he just allows it to stand.

Yeah - I also think there's a shooting war on the near horizon. I also believe that these Bozo's think it's a grand idea.
    This is a time for action. Be warned; they'll be taking the names of anybody who opposes Trump's "War For Domestic Safety and Contentment" also called, "The Battle of The World Be Damned, Dammit"; and there will be woe and suffering to those sad souls, bitches.

I also think that this American answer to Kim Jong Un - they're birds of a feather, being the same kind of crazy and all - is going to wind up certified and in a straight jacket before it's all over with due to the whole popular vote matter and his inaugural attendance numbers. Those realities are going to push him right on over the edge of the psychological abyss that he's holding onto with just a finger or two.

But on another note - there is some good news that he can celebrate:

He's such a yuge fan of going it alone and Brexit and all that; he must be absolutely thrilled over and supportive of the fact that momentum is supposedly gaining steam in California to secede from the Union:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/27/calif...=yahoo&ref=yfp

Warning - this is not a drill, this is not a test - it's happening here and it's happening now.

It's only a matter of time before his supporters start hoping that their uncaged beast will eat them last.

Well the President is still coming to the UK ,where he will receive a state welcome.No matter how many people signed a petition saying no, they can hardly expect our P.M. , having just invited him to meet the Queen, to then have to back out. I am still hoping Pres Trump and Theresa May will improve things for both our countries .

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    he must be absolutely thrilled over and supportive of the fact that momentum is supposedly gaining steam in California to secede from the Union:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/27/calif...=yahoo&ref=yfp

Warning - this is not a drill, this is not a test - it's happening here and it's happening now.

It's only a matter of time before his supporters start hoping that their uncaged beast will eat them last.
    A California secession would be the dumbest thing for none other than California. CA is already inundated with debt and a secession means it would take on a proration of the national debt. Plus it would have to create it's own military, fund 100% of the entitlement programs and on and on.......

A California secession would be the dumbest thing for none other than California. CA is already inundated with debt and a secession means it would take on a proration of the national debt. Plus it would have to create it's own military, fund 100% of the entitlement programs and on and on.......
    I agree.

Besides, I seem to recall that the whole "right to secession" matter has already been debated and settled - somewhat acrimoniously.

I lived in Texas in the 1980s, they were constantly threatening to secede.

In school they drilled it into your head that Texas was once it's own country, and it would be just fine on its own, they had oil, beef, natural gas.

Everyone always glossed over the part that the state doesn't have much of that one thing your need for life....oh yeah...a little thing called water.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

So Orange Hitler fired the acting AG because she refused to enforce the travel ban. I propose this day be known to posterity as Black Monday Number One.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I keep hearing rumors of corruption blackmail. We can hope.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I keep hearing rumors of corruption blackmail. We can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by salvatore1989 View Post
    Like the last two jerks didn't get us involved in stupid wars? Prefacing it with "major" does not excuse the lack of protesting of what went on the last eight years. That we did not is why Trump is president today. If Obama had been the president he said he would be there would be no President Trump.

“I’ll tell you what I heard from the Syrian people that I met with, Jake, walking down the street in Aleppo, in Damascus, hearing from them.

They expressed happiness and joy at seeing an American walking through their streets. But they also asked why the U.S. and its allies are providing support and arms to terrorist groups like al-Nusra, al-Qaida or al-Sham, ISIS who are on the ground there, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing the Syrian people.

They asked me, why is the United States and its allies supporting these terrorist groups who are destroying Syria when it was al-Qaeda who attacked the United States on 9/11, not Syria. I didn’t have an answer for them,” Gabbard said, noting the clear dismay the average Syrian has for the U.S. support of al-Qaeda – a proposition which every American should equally question.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/rep...SkxiWUyEL5p.99

The only reason why we have Trump in office is because a lot of people didn't want Hillary, People weren't protesting Obama because he was trying to improve things, not tear them down like Trump is doing. I feel if it had been anyone else other than Hillary against Trump, Trump wouldn't be in office. I have actually had it said to me and heard this " I don't like Trump, I wouldn't have voted for him but I didn't want Hillary in office either.."

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    The only reason why we have Trump in office is because a lot of people didn't want Hillary, People weren't protesting Obama because he was trying to improve things, not tear them down like Trump is doing. I feel if it had been anyone else other than Hillary against Trump, Trump wouldn't be in office. I have actually had it said to me and heard this " I don't like Trump, I wouldn't have voted for him but I didn't want Hillary in office either.."
    That's true but I think it offers us for the first time to see what an "outsider" to the presidency could mean. The scary thing about Trump is we do not know what we are getting. We may make assumption based on the limited knowledge we have of the guy but until he's had some time in, we just don't know. With Hillary, we did know. An un-indicted felon who used her power as secretary of state to line Bills pockets for his "speaking engagements". It is no coincidence that his fees tripled for the same old tired speech he's been giving for 20 years.
    We've had criminals infect the white house before but we didn't know they were crooks when electing them.

Trump is scary right now because he's an unknown politically which with Hillary's unelectability got him into office. The democrats should have run someone other than Hillary but they were once again out of touch with average america. They though people would fall in line and vote for the safe candidate which isn't safe at all in terms of the economy and national security.

Trump is here for at least four years yet the amount of people who wish him failure is astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    If Obama had been the person he said he was, even a flawed Hillary wins. She does not have the whole Benghazi thing around her neck. She is a SoS that lead in years of peace for the U.S. The poor in places like Philly and Detroit that did not turn out do not have the feelings of being abandoned for Wall Street the last eight years.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	traveledmeme.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	54161  
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I am not a DT fan, didn't vote for him, don't like 99% of his "policies", etc. However, I'm having a really hard time believing he is really being the 13 year old bully, very short sighted crazy person he is acting like. I check Snopes and Politifact often, and find out a lot is true and some exaggeration, etc. I wish there would be one actually objective source I could go to and find out how much is actually true. Obviously that lets out things like fox news, cnn, msnbc, Mother Jones, Rifleman (NRA mag), etc. I don't want koolaid drinkers trying to convince me he is Jesus' appointed guardian or spawn of the devil. I want to know if the guy is as crazy as he seems. Surely (don't call me Shirley) no one with any sense would say/do so many of the things he has.

Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    I am not a DT fan, didn't vote for him, don't like 99% of his "policies", etc. However, I'm having a really hard time believing he is really being the 13 year old bully, very short sighted crazy person he is acting like. I check Snopes and Politifact often, and find out a lot is true and some exaggeration, etc. I wish there would be one actually objective source I could go to and find out how much is actually true. Obviously that lets out things like fox news, cnn, msnbc, Mother Jones, Rifleman (NRA mag), etc. I don't want koolaid drinkers trying to convince me he is Jesus' appointed guardian or spawn of the devil. I want to know if the guy is as crazy as he seems. Surely (don't call me Shirley) no one with any sense would say/do so many of the things he has.
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    He's acting like someone who gets things done....maybe to quickly without completely thinking it through like the implementation of the temporary refugee ban. If standing up for the US interests around the world makes him a bully then so be it. Japan is looking to make a deal with Trump that could create up to 700,000 jobs in the US, when was the last time anyone approached Obama like that? When was the last time anyone approached any president like that?

DT needs to tone it back a bit and think things through a little more before acting but I have nothing but respect for what he's trying to do.

This about sums it up, IMO

It's not often that somebody absolutely nails what I'm thinking...

Name:	Der Spiegel.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	54163  

I agree, he needs to tone it down and think it out before speaking . I get what he is trying to do, I respect that also. I'll give the guy credit, he's not afraid to speak his mind. He's saying what I'm sure a lot of people are thinking but you would never hear them admit it. In Canada we are stuck with Trudeau and his "sunny ways" outlook.

He is not transitioning from a bombastic business man to a world leader very well. I'm hoping he will learn to cool his jets a bit. Caroline Kennedy will be our first Woman President in 4 to 8 years.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    He is not transitioning from a bombastic business man to a world leader very well. I'm hoping he will learn to cool his jets a bit. Caroline Kennedy will be our first Woman President in 4 to 8 years.
    Tulsi Gabbard.

Name:	trumpemail.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	54180  
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Yeah, we dodged a liar and voted in a nutball. Rah.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Trump and his people are even crazier, more unstable, more dishonest and more thuggish than I realized.

I guess the quote I heard a few months back has been validated in my mind - "No matter how bad you think he is; he's worse".

As the lies, misinformation and descriptions of petty obsessions continue to flow; and as this possible "Russian connection" finds (or not) legs; I wonder if those Republican whores will change their tune and back away from the Twitter-In-Chief; or just "Twit" for short.

Some Republicans are now saying that it was proper for Flynn to resign, I wonder if the same sentiment and logic will apply or prevail should "improper" connections be uncovered between Trump and Russia.

It's now being reported that members of Trump's "senior staff" were in frequent (I heard "constant") contact with a Russian intelligence official during the campaign\election.

Intelligence official?

Now, come on, Jim. Let's not talk about "God's chosen boy to show America what it's like to come from a dysfunctional family."--a thread on another board I belong to. Needless to say, admin closed it. Wham!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I didn't realize that The Almighty was in his corner too.
    I thought it was just Putin; and maybe the Chinese now that he embraces the logic behind a "one China" policy.

I guess that you can come from a dysfunctional family but still not leave your roots too far behind.
    Or not leave them behind at all.

bedpost Guest
    This thread has gone so far, and nobody knew he would be the POTUS.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by bedpost View Post
    This thread has gone so far, and nobody knew he would be the POTUS.
    Wow.
    Gone so far?

His, bedpost may be unaware that this thread was moved from Entertainment to Everything Else when Trump became POTUS.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

His, bedpost may be unaware that this thread was moved from Entertainment to Everything Else when Trump became POTUS.
    Thanks Cindy, I was just a little puzzled..lol

Well, Trump gave a news conference today that is being described as, "bizarre", "surreal" and "an amazing moment in history".

I think we're going to see a full-on melt down; straight jackets are going to be high fashion in DC.
    Forget the red baseball caps ardent Trump fans; get yourself a long-sleeved jacket with double zippers and Velcro closures on the back; just like the one your hero wears.

Here's a link to the transcript:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/16/u...ript.html?_r=0

He needs to take speech lessons and eat a bowl of brains.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

He needs to take speech lessons and eat a bowl of brains.
    Can't do it - that would upset a significant number of his supporters.
    They elected crazy, they want crazy; he's got loads of crazy and he's not shy about putting it on public display.

Imagine how messed up he must be in private if he acts that way in public.

A lot of people who either couldn't see or wouldn't see what was coming during the campaign will be the same now. And he'll try to just keep doing what he's done all along - tell them what they want to hear, and what he wants to hear and say and what he likes to believe. And if he has to tell some lies or use some "alternative facts" to prove his point; then extremism as self support and as an aid in fooling a lot of the people a lot of the time; is no vice.

After all; are they really "lies" if you speak them when unable to differentiate truth from fiction?

I saw a news ticker this morning saying that a lot of his supporters really are pleased with the press conference that so many others are shocked and appalled by.

Ugh, Donald Trump, Too many concerns and not any nice things to say so..I'm left just SMH