Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Former President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    \Trump is the establishment

Fucks sake
    I don't think you understand what the "establishment" is. It is the business as usual career politician culture of promising whatever you have to, to whomever you have to in order to get the money needed so you can tell the american people what they want to hear, meanwhile never doing anything more than full filling the promises made to the donors. It is the good ole boy and gal network of protecting their own self interests and their political futures for as long as they can. Everything the establishment politician does is scripted and calculated. Being politically correct is more important than politically expedient.

People are sick of it all which is where Trump gets his momentum.

In otherwards, everything Trump isn't which is why he is attacked by the left and the right. Did you know that Bush, Kasick, Rubio and Cruz (the establishment personified) had a "secret" meeting recently. Afterward Cruz stopped ads and campaigns in Ohio and told his supporters to vote for Kasik in an attempt to ensure a Kasik victory because if Trump won, he would almost certainly have the nomination. What the establishment is hoping for is that Trump will go into the convention without enough delegates so they can have a brokered convention and choose the nominee themselves. This would be in direct contrast to the will of the people. That is what the establishment does.

The more the politicians try to strategize Trump out of the race the more support he gets. The Romney speech, the secret meetings, the protesters trying to shut down his rally's, the childlike attempt at bullying the way Rubio did all backfires because of one simple truth; people are sick of politics as usual and until politicians stop thinking they know what's best and get that message, you will keep seeing candidates like Trump rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    people are sick of politics as usual and until politicians stop thinking they know what's best and get that message, you will keep seeing candidates like Trump rise.
    One observer noted that Trump had struck a motherlode of discontent, but that he was not the candidate to exploit it.

Nazi Hunters & Rabbis Go After Trump

True or false, I'm just posting...http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...urce=DDMorning
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I heard a Trump speech the other day that had the most pro-Israel message I have heard in a long time so I don't know where this is coming from.

I heard a Trump speech the other day that had the most pro-Israel message I have heard in a long time so I don't know where this is coming from.
    Proves you cannot believe everything out there. As you've said above, you've got to listen to him, though that might not mean anything either.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

There are people with an agenda who will say just about anything to try and stop people from voting for people they don't like.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    There are people with an agenda who will say just about anything to try and stop people from voting for people they don't like.
    That's it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

DT has too many controlling, confusing, unrealistic and scary ideas, (not necessarily in that order)We will NOT be voting for him- But hey thats JMO.
    To each his/her own.-
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 03-22-2016 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    There's nothing over-the-top about their concerns, chief among which is his casual willingness to promote animus against identifiable groups for political gain.

Personally, I think Trump is single-handedly destroying the GOP, and that the Democrats will enjoy a rout the likes of which has not been seen since 1964. Not only will Clinton win a blowout victory, but the Senate and House will follow on her coattails. Word has it that Paul Ryan is already resigned to this bleak scenario, and is preparing to lead a shattered, limping rump that will be all that's left post-November.

If only he had a twin brother it would be twice
    as nice.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Alexandra Guest
    As far as Trump, these are my thoughts: I like a lot of what he has to say...but I'll likely vote for the Constitution Party candidate.

Trump comes off as sounding too good to be true IMO.

"People are sick of it all which is where Trump gets his momentum." Paulination .

How very true .There are people here in the UK who would welcome Trump being our Prime Minister , no matter what his thoughts and beliefs are .It's because they are sick to death of our weak kneed , lying politicians .So rumour has it that Obama is coming over here to add weight to Ca-moron's fight for us to stay in the EU. He isn't welcome here because most of us want to leave the EU with all it's red tape and rules .

Trump supporters, these are your people:

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/30/trum...ium=socialflow
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Trump supporters, these are your people:

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/30/trum...ium=socialflow
    I don't know should Trump's campaign manager be brought down on charges for simply pulling a woman away from him? What makes a 19 year old woman throwing a punch different? If the current definition of assault is simply laying your hands upon someone's body then she should be the one arrested. Different camera angle shows the man didn't even touch her.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    I don't know should Trump's campaign manager be brought down on charges for simply pulling a woman away from him? What makes a 19 year old woman throwing a punch different? If the current definition of assault is simply laying your hands upon someone's body then she should be the one arrested. Different camera angle shows the man didn't even touch her.
    What is your source? I just tried multiple Google sources, and I'm not seeing anything about a video exonerating the guy. Maybe I am just not entering the right search terms.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I saw the video and he did grab her. I did not see her throwing a punch. And remember, the guy denied he even saw her and Trump backed him up, then that video popped up--Whoops.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

i actually heard an old white guy say to another white guy, "we need trump to get in there. then all this shit about negro lives matter will go away".
    and we sure dont need a dyke in office"
    i whipped my head around, and was like what?!@ dudes just walked away. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    What is your source? I just tried multiple Google sources, and I'm not seeing anything about a video exonerating the guy. Maybe I am just not entering the right search terms.
    He might have poked her with the piece of paper that he was pointing at her with but that's a far cry from groping breasts.

She clearly punches someone off screen and then gets sprayed. It is :18 on the video attached to the article. Also, the man denies touching her so it is a he said she said.

I bet he asks Caitlyn Jenner as his running mate.

GOD IS NOT DEAD

That seriously wouldn't surprise me anymore.

Anyway; that would certainly simplify the bathroom breaks situation on the campaign trail.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    That seriously wouldn't surprise me anymore.

Anyway; that would certainly simplify the bathroom breaks situation on the campaign trail.
    Yeah It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Trump is now the presumptive GOP nominee.

Kasich is just wasting money by staying in there, Donald Trump might not be everyone in the GOP's favorite candidate but to hell with the GOP they haven't given the Republicans a proper nominee in damn near a decade.

If Kasich wins the nomination he will just be steam rolled by Hillary.

K to hell with the GOP they haven't given the Republicans a proper nominee in damn near a decade.
    I agree. It may be rolling the dice but to hell with it, let's see what an outsider like Trump can do.

I agree Pauli. These mofos need to understand that we're sick of politicians telling us the same old bullshit.
    Minerva

That is how I feel as a conservative. None of the nominees the GOP has given us are worth a shit. They are all a part of the establishment, and people are sick of it. We will never see another revolution or even a civil war in this country IMHO, but Trump is leading the closest thing to it that I believe we will ever see.

Quote Originally Posted by SRVFan View Post
    That is how I feel as a conservative. None of the nominees the GOP has given us are worth a shit. They are all a part of the establishment, and people are sick of it. We will never see another revolution or even a civil war in this country IMHO, but Trump is leading the closest thing to it that I believe we will ever see.
    Agreed. And since he didn't accept huge donations for the campaign, he owes no one any favors.
    Minerva

Trump is loaning the campaign money. He is not doing anything free. He expects to be paid back. That is his top lie, the fake self-funding campaign.

If he wins, he will be the first non-human president.

Donald Trump is a Puke Rat. A rat that eats puke
    His wife is a gold digger who eats his tiny orange Cheeto for money - it's not for his personality or looks, so what else do you call a woman who has sex for money?
    His sons are big game killers who kill cut the tails off of baby elephants for trophys
    His daughter and wife look like drag queens with their over filled faces and fake boobs
    He and his daughter pay China to make their shitty Trump lines of clothing, while lying that they want things manufactured in America.
    A family made of pure shit. At least they are classy fake gold shit.
    It goes on and on, yet Trump supporters don't care. They should just wear shirts that say, I'm ignorant AND racist

I will be so ashamed of my fellow Americans if they elect the Puke Rat

And Killary is a liar and a murderer, so as noted elsewhere, our choices really suck. As a veteran myself, I find it repulsive at the lies Hillary has been caught in, in addition to the Benghazi situation, the email server situation, her lies about being under sniper fire in Bosnia, etc.

And Killary is a liar and a murderer, so as noted elsewhere, our choices really suck. As a veteran myself, I find it repulsive at the lies Hillary has been caught in, in addition to the Benghazi situation, the email server situation, her lies about being under sniper fire in Bosnia, etc.
    Amen.
    Minerva

Puke rat?

Funny - I just realized that this is the first time ever that I could fully support both points of view in a political argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    Trump is loaning the campaign money. He is not doing anything free. He expects to be paid back. That is his top lie, the fake self-funding campaign.
    More accurately he is partially self funding his campaign. Who cares if he loans the campaign money? There is no guarantee he recoups it all. It is a smart business move. 66% of his campaign has been his own money meanwhile 25.3% comes from individuals capped at $2700 each. That won't buy much influence. Hilary on the other hand is getting loads of cash from special interest groups. 4 of the top 5 donors are capital investment firms aka Wall Street. The 4th is the laborers union.

People word things however they want but the bottom line is that Trump has fuck you money and some establishment people don't like that. They want politicians to be beholden to them.
    Minerva

My gut just keeps telling me that Trump is a very dangerous man.

I think that he stands for nothing and that he will honor and respect nothing. Over the years we've heard the crap about the "New World Order", FEMA camps, gun confiscation - whatever crazy crap you can think of; you name it - here's your guy. He won't see anything wrong with any tactic or action that supports whatever it is he might decide he needs to do at any given time.

You guys supporting him might someday find yourselves hoping that the beast will eat you last.

My gut just keeps telling me that Trump is a very dangerous man.

I think that he stands for nothing and that he will honor and respect nothing. Over the years we've heard the crap about the "New World Order", FEMA camps, gun confiscation - whatever crazy crap you can think of; you name it - here's your guy. He won't see anything wrong with any tactic or action that supports whatever it is he might decide he needs to do at any given time.

You guys supporting him might someday find yourselves hoping that the beast will eat you last.
    I wouldn't say I'm supporter, I just know I'll never, ever vote for Hillary. I think Obama is the anti-Christ, so after 8 years of him, I'm not worried.
    Minerva

The President is not a Führer. The office's powers are limited, and it would take much more than a President Trump acting alone to turn the country into a dictatorship.

If Trump gets in and keeps up with his wishy washy stuff, I feel we will be seeing Trump supporters start eating their words.
    Especially since they cannot explain or be specific on how
    he plans to make this country great again (uh yeah, not)especially since he was of draft age and never served for the country HE claims he loves and will fix! --Lol.
    JMO
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 05-08-2016 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxster View Post
    The President is not a Führer. The office's powers are limited, and it would take much more than a President Trump acting alone to turn the country into a dictatorship.
    I didn't say anything about a dictatorship but I can see where that might be assumed from what I did say. Anyway, he wouldn't be acting alone anymore than he has gotten this close to the office by acting alone.

Hitler, when appointed as the Chancellor of Germany wasn't a Fuhrer either. He wasn't even the President.

I think that's an apt comparison though; Trump to Hitler; at least in terms of ambition anyway.
    Last edited by JimC; 05-09-2016 at 05:43 AM. Reason: changed "elected" to "appointed"

I think that's an apt comparison though; Trump to Hitler; at least in terms of ambition anyway.
    He's ambitious because he wants to be president? Yeah!! Along with the 44 who came before him.

Speaking of Hitler, my wife mentioned that several liberals she is connected to on FB mention the Hitler to Trump comparisons. Actually they don't make comparisons one just says it and the others "like" it in blissfully ignorant agreement. That got me thinking, the only president that really did anything close to resembling Hitler was FDR (a democrat) when under Executive order 9066, sent 120,000 first generation Japanese men, women and children to internment camps.

I'll venture to guess that most of the people that truly believe the Hitler references don't know much about Hitler, the Third Reich, WW2 and probably nothing about EO 9066.

Hitler, when appointed as the Chancellor of Germany wasn't a Fuhrer either. He wasn't even the President.
    Germany in January 1933 was a completely different situation. The Weimar Republic was less than 15 years old, and it had been forced on the country through defeat. Many powerful Germans loathed the Republic and eagerly looked forward to its replacement with authoritarianism. The NSDAP platform called for a one-party state, and it had a huge and rapidly growing paramilitary force that it could and would use (they had unsuccessfully attempted to overthrow the government by force in November 1923) to achieve this aim. And, finally, the German constitution was easy to amend , unlike its U.S. counterpart, which requires not only two-thirds majorities in both houses of Congress, but the consent of three-quarters of the states as well. That ease of amendment led to the Enabling Act of 1933, which legally turned Germany into a dictatorship.

As for the Führerprinzip, it was NSDAP law, and didn't take a stretch of imagination to envision it being extended to the entire government once Hitler had eliminated his competitors (a goal achieved with the Night of the Long Knives a year and a half later).

You trump supporters are fucking idiots

Speaking of Hitler, my wife mentioned that several liberals she is connected to on FB mention the Hitler to Trump comparisons. Actually they don't make comparisons one just says it and the others "like" it in blissfully ignorant agreement. That got me thinking, the only president that really did anything close to resembling Hitler was FDR (a democrat) when under Executive order 9066, sent 120,000 first generation Japanese men, women and children to internment camps.
    Lincoln was arguably the closest the U.S. came to a dictator.

I'll venture to guess that most of the people that truly believe the Hitler references don't know much about Hitler, the Third Reich, WW2 and probably nothing about EO 9066.
    Very true.

Insightful as always Shipmate.

I've got a feeling he will win it. All we have heard all along was how he couldn't win and get this far, yet here he is. If Hillary ends up being indicted (and she should be if the legal system in this country is worth a crap), it is over with.

I've got a feeling he will win it. All we have heard all along was how he couldn't win and get this far, yet here he is. If Hillary ends up being indicted (and she should be if the legal system in this country is worth a crap), it is over with.
    Most males who consider themselves liberal, accepting of females' ever growing roles in society or whatever you want to call it, might one day vote for a female President, but please don't make the mistake of thinking that the majority of red-blooded American men are going to vote for Hillary Clinton. Not a chance in hell. Then you have the Americans who will never, ever, no matter what, EVER will vote for a female President. Then, you have the military who want to line Hillary up and fire at her until it stops making noise or moves. Then you have women like me who would be fine voting for a female who hate Hillary. There are far too many groups of individuals that will never vote for Hillary. I've never seen a candidate with so many strikes against them. She is hated like no other I've ever seen.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    Most males who consider themselves liberal, accepting of females' ever growing roles in society or whatever you want to call it, might one day vote for a female President, but please don't make the mistake of thinking that the majority of red-blooded American men are going to vote for Hillary Clinton. Not a chance in hell. Then you have the Americans who will never, ever, no matter what, EVER will vote for a female President. Then, you have the military who want to line Hillary up and fire at her until it stops making noise or moves. Then you have women like me who would be fine voting for a female who hate Hillary. There are far too many groups of individuals that will never vote for Hillary. I've never seen a candidate with so many strikes against them. She is hated like no other I've ever seen.
    I would be more than happy to vote for a female, an African American, a Caucasian, a Hispanic, or whatever if they stand for quality principles. However, I simply can not stand for the lies and acts Hillary has participated in, especially as a veteran of the US Military. Her saying she came under sniper fire in Bosnia is a slap in the face to all veterans who truly came under sniper fire. Then we have the Benghazi situation in which people died under her watch when they clearly could have been saved, and the email server situation. She just isn't the woman that this country needs to be in charge.

Voting for Hillary Clinton because she is a woman would be like drinking antifreeze because it looks like Gatorade.

Thoughtful responses - I didn't bring up the whole Hitler\Nazi\Trump thing; but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he had such ambitions. I wouldn't be surprised for a lot of people to support him in that either - making America great, safety from terrorists and illegal immigrants and what not.

I wouldn't have a problem voting for a woman if I considered her fairly right for the job; Hillary is not the one for me.

So I'm with Cleanskull; if I can just figure out how to "write in" or record a vote for "Fuck It" on these electronic ballots here in my state; that's what they're going to get from me because I'll have no part in electing either one of those people.

Insightful as always Shipmate.
    You just can't debate apparent brain damage.
    Minerva