Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303738394041 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,950 of 2202

Thread: President Donald Trump

  1. #1901
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,175
    Sure melted butter is good and I just signed the impeach Trump petition

    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Ya'll are being silly! Don't just sit there, pk! hand over the popcorn before I ban you! Ria, you could have at leased baked some brownies.
    passes the popcorn
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  2. #1902
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,019
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  3. #1903
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,019
    A great American patriot has destroyed Bonespur's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...725-story.html
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  4. #1904
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,175
    I don't like the man, but I don't agree with vandalism, that cost money each time to fix, a lot of money.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  5. #1905
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,019
    You can NOT make an omelet without breaking eggs! EVERY cook will tell you that!
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  6. #1906
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,968
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I don't like the man, but I don't agree with vandalism, that cost money each time to fix, a lot of money.
    No big deal.
    The Mexicans are going to pay for it.

    And it will be bigger and more grand and more glorious than any other star - YUGE even.
    In fact, it going to be a real star; an actual bright and shining heavenly body, lassoed with the same power that makes lies true and truth lies and delusions reality, and wrestled to earth to serve as a monument to the greatest President and entertainer and sort-of human being that ever created himself through sheer force of God-like will.

    You'd think he would have given himself some bigger hands, though.

    He's just gonna tack it on to the price of the wall, those Mexicans probably won't even notice.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  7. #1907
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,592
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    No big deal.
    The Mexicans are going to pay for it.

    And it will be bigger and more grand and more glorious than any other star - YUGE even.
    In fact, it going to be a real star; an actual bright and shining heavenly body, lassoed with the same power that makes lies true and truth lies and delusions reality, and wrestled to earth to serve as a monument to the greatest President and entertainer and sort-of human being that ever created himself through sheer force of God-like will.

    You'd think he would have given himself some bigger hands, though.

    He's just gonna tack it on to the price of the wall, those Mexicans probably won't even notice.
    We will too notice! And no. We aren't paying for a new star. Nosotros estamos feliz, or "we are happy."
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook


  8. #1908
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,784
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I don't like the man, but I don't agree with vandalism, that cost money each time to fix, a lot of money.
    I would agree with you but, Donald Trump is a racist person
    who wants(or maybe already has) sex with his daughter Ivanka.

    Also the only money the Trump family care about is there own.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  9. #1909
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,019
    He's only been in office a year and a half.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  10. #1910
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    He's only been in office a year and a half.
    Ugh, It seems longer

  11. #1911
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,600
    He is the dumbest sumbitch I have ever had the misfortune to run across. https://www.snopes.com/ap/2018/07/31...ids-groceries/

  12. #1912
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,366
    Hi Cindy,
    Very well said

  13. #1913
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,128
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    He is the dumbest sumbitch I have ever had the misfortune to run across. https://www.snopes.com/ap/2018/07/31...ids-groceries/
    .

    I think my getting banned for the last time is really a forgone conclusion so I'll just say it. Trump is not saying you have to have ID to make a purchase, he's saying the way you make the purchase dictates the necessity of showing your ID. Only 12% of people pay with cash meaning 86% of people pay with something that merchants should be requiring ID for. Because he doesn't connect the dots and dumb it down doesn't mean his comment is stupid, hell my dumb ass picked it up in seconds and was validated by research.

    To those of you I have know for the last decade (maybe not quire that long but still), I wish you nothing but the best. Godspeed.

    https://www.snopes.com/ap/2018/07/31...ids-groceries/
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  14. #1914
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,600
    That's not what he said. “If you go out and you want to buy groceries, you need a picture on a card, you need ID,” he said at the event at the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa. “You go out and you want to buy anything, you need ID and you need your picture.” If he meant you had to show an ID with a check or plastic, he should have said so.

    FYI no one has ever been banned on FAD for having a difference of opinion about a topic. It's the my-way-is-the-only-way and continuous mouthing off that can get people banned.
    Last edited by cindyt; 08-01-2018 at 04:30 PM.

  15. #1915
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,784
    When Trump calls the American news media:The Enemy of
    the people: is just crazy.
    Also I so enjoy Jim Acosta of CNN.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  16. #1916
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,968
    I think he was just thinking ahead.
    He just wants people to have to show an ID to buy groceries.

    That way, he can withhold food from people who don't worship him.

    But hey, that's not a crime any more than collusion is a crime; right?
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  17. #1917
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    He's only been in office a year and a half.
    And he's spent half of that golfing at Mar-a-Lago and the other half tweeting illiterate nonsense.
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook


  18. #1918
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    That's not what he said. “If you go out and you want to buy groceries, you need a picture on a card, you need ID,” he said at the event at the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa. “You go out and you want to buy anything, you need ID and you need your picture.” If he meant you had to show an ID with a check or plastic, he should have said so.

    FYI no one has ever been banned on FAD for having a difference of opinion about a topic. It's the my-way-is-the-only-way and continuous mouthing off that can get people banned.
    Yes. This hearkens back to my earlier point that the way to make Bonespur look dumb or not a legitimate President is simply to quote him accurately.

    If the circumstances of his birth were identical to Obama's, there would never have been an attempt to oust him via that "birther" nonsense, because you don't have to make up phony-ass reasons Bonespur has no business in the White House. All you have to do is pay attention to the REALITY.

    Also, I hope Pauli doesn't actually leave.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  19. #1919
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,019
    This is better than all of Bonespur's tweets combined!

    obamaid.jpg
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  20. #1920
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,128
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    That's not what he said. “If you go out and you want to buy groceries, you need a picture on a card, you need ID,” he said at the event at the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa. “You go out and you want to buy anything, you need ID and you need your picture.” If he meant you had to show an ID with a check or plastic, he should have said so.

    FYI no one has ever been banned on FAD for having a difference of opinion about a topic. It's the my-way-is-the-only-way and continuous mouthing off that can get people banned.
    Obviously he should have said so but didn't realize he had to. That's the point. Obama said he visited 53 states or so one time. If I took him literally I would have called him an idiot. Go back and check, I didn't because I realized he articulated himself improperly. Jesus you people have different standards for everyone. Let's look at somewhere where you misspoke and crucify you over it.

    And like always, you all pile on like you are coming from a position of enlightenment. Everyone with the same misguided argument going down the same rabbit hole.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  21. #1921
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    Obviously he should have said so but didn't realize he had to. That's the point. Obama said he visited 53 states or so one time. If I took him literally I would have called him an idiot. Go back and check, I didn't because I realized he articulated himself improperly. Jesus you people have different standards for everyone. Let's look at somewhere where you misspoke and crucify you over it.

    And like always, you all pile on like you are coming from a position of enlightenment. Everyone with the same misguided argument going down the same rabbit hole.
    Oh, COME ON. Everybody always mentions the 50+ states thing with Obama because it's the only example anyone can think of. Trump says something stupid - and what he said about the IDs for groceries was STUPID - every day.

    But let me make sure I've got this straight: Your position is that Bonespur is actually a really INTELLIGENT guy who says things like that because he doesn't realize his LISTENERS are stupid, and that he needs to DUMB THINGS DOWN FOR THEM?? That can't be your actual argument, right? Because based on things you've said previously on this thread, you can do waaaaaaaaay better than that.

    (Also, welcome back. I was pleased to see your absence was somewhat less than permanent.)

    In all seriousness, I live in Tennessee, and in the past few weeks we've been bombarded with political ads. The one thing all the Republican ads have in common is that they are in a competition to see who can go furthest up Bonespur's ass. Which is fine, Tennessee is backwards in a number of ways. But I really think they should put all those ads in a time capsule, and force the candidates' descendants to hear/see them a hundred years from now. Support for Bonespur should lead to eternal familial infamy.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  22. #1922
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    But let me make sure I've got this straight: Your position is that Bonespur is actually a really INTELLIGENT guy who says things like that because he doesn't realize his LISTENERS are stupid, and that he needs to DUMB THINGS DOWN FOR THEM?? That can't be your actual argument, right? Because based on things you've said previously on this thread, you can do waaaaaaaaay better than that.
    Let's walk this back a little so we can address this one point at a time. I never called anyone stupid, I don't really call anyone anything. What I am saying is that when you hate someone, it is easier to ignore common rhetorical missteps and point to them as a true position. The 57 states thing with Obama was so outrageous that yes, I agree it becomes low hanging fruit. My point is that as a conservative my reaction was one of laughter, not that I discovered the proverbial "ahh ha" moment and pointed this out as somehow a measurement of his intellect. He expressed himself poorly, we all have. I made fun of Palin for her Russia comment, can you say the same about any liberal, ever? That's what Trump did (albeit at a much lower level). No one is stupid, just opportunistic.

    To your point, I googled Obama gaffes and there are a ton. Not that they matter anymore, just that they are there.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  23. #1923
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    Let's walk this back a little so we can address this one point at a time. I never called anyone stupid, I don't really call anyone anything. What I am saying is that when you hate someone, it is easier to ignore common rhetorical missteps and point to them as a true position. The 57 states thing with Obama was so outrageous that yes, I agree it becomes low hanging fruit. My point is that as a conservative my reaction was one of laughter, not that I discovered the proverbial "ahh ha" moment and pointed this out as somehow a measurement of his intellect. He expressed himself poorly, we all have. I made fun of Palin for her Russia comment, can you say the same about any liberal, ever? That's what Trump did (albeit at a much lower level). No one is stupid, just opportunistic.

    To your point, I googled Obama gaffes and there are a ton. Not that they matter anymore, just that they are there.
    Your problem is that you apparently see this as a liberal/conservative or Democratic/Republican issue. What you fail to understand is that when someone like me says - as I have said on here more than once - that Bonespur is by far the worst President of all time, this also implies that he is far worse than any previous REPUBLICAN President. I considered Dubya's 8 years to be more or less a train wreck, but intellectually he is Thomas Jefferson compared to this guy. (And I DO call people stupid, but only when they're stupid. Bonsepur is stupid.) What you claim - it's a little hard for me to believe you're actually serious - are unfair partisan attacks is actually just people being observant. If Obama had implied he thought Frederick Douglass was still alive, I would have laughed my ass off at him in spite of hid being "liberal." Of course, not being an ignoramus, Obama wouldn't have said something like that.

    In terms of Googling Obama's verbal missteps: You could compile a top 10 list of the dumbest things Obama said in 8 years in the White House, and I could compile a list of Bonespur's most ridiculous gaffes IN THE LAST MONTH, and Bonespur's list would be far more damning. You can either acknowledge this as an obvious fact, or reveal yourself to be delusional. This is what I mean when I say I can't talk to Bonespur supporters: I find conversations to be more productive when both people live on the same planet.

    Just out of curiosity, though: Looking at Republicans ONLY - because let's not be partisan about it! - how would YOU rank 45 among the Presidents you have seen in your lifetime? And if you feel "the jury's still out" on this guy that's been in the office for a year and a half, then never mind.
    Last edited by Upset; 08-03-2018 at 01:51 PM.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  24. #1924
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Your problem is that you apparently see this as a liberal/conservative or Democratic/Republican issue. What you fail to understand is that when someone like me says - as I have said on here more than once - that Bonespur is by far the worst President of all time, this also implies that he is far worse than any previous REPUBLICAN President. I considered Dubya's 8 years to be more or less a train wreck, but intellectually he is Thomas Jefferson compared to this guy. (And I DO call people stupid, but only when they're stupid. Bonsepur is stupid.) What you claim - it's a little hard for me to believe you're actually serious - are unfair partisan attacks is actually just people being observant. If Obama had implied he thought Frederick Douglass was still alive, I would have laughed my ass off at him in spite of hid being "liberal." Of course, not being an ignoramus, Obama wouldn't have said something like that.

    In terms of Googling Obama's verbal missteps: You could compile a top 10 list of the dumbest things Obama said in 8 years in the White House, and I could compile a list of Bonespur's most ridiculous gaffes IN THE LAST MONTH, and Bonespur's list would be far more damning. You can either acknowledge this as an obvious fact, or reveal yourself to be delusional. This is what I mean when I say I can't talk to Bonespur supporters: I find conversations to be more productive when both people live on the same planet.

    Just out of curiosity, though: Looking at Republicans ONLY - because let's not be partisan about it! - how would YOU rank 45 among the Presidents you have seen in your lifetime? And if you feel "the jury's still out" on this guy that's been in the office for a year and a half, then never mind.
    This discussion feels like it is getting contentious which is not where I want it to go. The fact that you are even having it with me says a lot about you as most people from my experience can't do that without letting it get ugly. I'll say this, I am a Trump supporter and I will own that. The generalizations assumed about me while earned by others, are just not true. I don't own a gun, I have african american friends, my wife was born in Mexico etc....

    I'll leave you with that as I have to leave work and don't go on this forum over the weekends unless it is death hag stuff. Have a nice weekend and we'll continue our debate at that time.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  25. #1925
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    This discussion feels like it is getting contentious which is not where I want it to go. The fact that you are even having it with me says a lot about you as most people from my experience can't do that without letting it get ugly. I'll say this, I am a Trump supporter and I will own that. The generalizations assumed about me while earned by others, are just not true. I don't own a gun, I have african american friends, my wife was born in Mexico etc....

    I'll leave you with that as I have to leave work and don't go on this forum over the weekends unless it is death hag stuff. Have a nice weekend and we'll continue our debate at that time.
    Okay. I would really LOVE to see where you rank him among other Republican Presidents you have lived with. Have a nice weekend.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  26. #1926
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,968
    I am a conservative.
    I do own guns.
    My first Presidential election at voting age was Reagan 1.0.
    I was there for his second term too.
    I voted Bush the 1st, twice.
    I voted Bush the 2nd, twice.
    I voted for McCain.
    I voted for Romney.

    Then, what should have been nothing more than an amusing diversion from considering serious candidates running serious campaigns on serious issues; came Trump.
    I voted for Clinton when the Republicans whored themselves out by offering us that guy who might be Mussolini if only he were smart enough and strong enough.

    Nothing has ever even remotely tempted me to vote liberal, and nothing has ever made me admire Obama, until there was Trump.

    My opinion Trump now is considerably lower that it was six months ago; which is lower than it was a year ago, and which no doubt will continue to sink as he proves himself even less fit for the office, even less credible as a man, and even less decent as a human being than was absolutely, glaringly obvious from the moment he opened his mouth as a candidate.

    Until Trump, I thought that there must be a "rock bottom" beneath which opinions or expectations could not sink.
    I don't think that anymore; I was wrong.

    It's not a Liberal\Conservative matter for many of us; should anyone really believe that even after witnessing his behavior.
    I'm qualified to say that as a Conservative.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  27. #1927
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I am a conservative.
    I do own guns.
    My first Presidential election at voting age was Reagan 1.0.
    I was there for his second term too.
    I voted Bush the 1st, twice.
    I voted Bush the 2nd, twice.
    I voted for McCain.
    I voted for Romney.

    Then, what should have been nothing more than an amusing diversion from considering serious candidates running serious campaigns on serious issues; came Trump.
    I voted for Clinton when the Republicans whored themselves out by offering us that guy who might be Mussolini if only he were smart enough and strong enough.

    Nothing has ever even remotely tempted me to vote liberal, and nothing has ever made me admire Obama, until there was Trump.

    My opinion Trump now is considerably lower that it was six months ago; which is lower than it was a year ago, and which no doubt will continue to sink as he proves himself even less fit for the office, even less credible as a man, and even less decent as a human being than was absolutely, glaringly obvious from the moment he opened his mouth as a candidate.

    Until Trump, I thought that there must be a "rock bottom" beneath which opinions or expectations could not sink.
    I don't think that anymore; I was wrong.

    It's not a Liberal\Conservative matter for many of us; should anyone really believe that even after witnessing his behavior.
    I'm qualified to say that as a Conservative.
    Well said.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  28. #1928
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,600
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I am a conservative.
    I do own guns.
    My first Presidential election at voting age was Reagan 1.0.
    I was there for his second term too.
    I voted Bush the 1st, twice.
    I voted Bush the 2nd, twice.
    I voted for McCain.
    I voted for Romney.

    Then, what should have been nothing more than an amusing diversion from considering serious candidates running serious campaigns on serious issues; came Trump.
    I voted for Clinton when the Republicans whored themselves out by offering us that guy who might be Mussolini if only he were smart enough and strong enough.

    Nothing has ever even remotely tempted me to vote liberal, and nothing has ever made me admire Obama, until there was Trump.

    My opinion Trump now is considerably lower that it was six months ago; which is lower than it was a year ago, and which no doubt will continue to sink as he proves himself even less fit for the office, even less credible as a man, and even less decent as a human being than was absolutely, glaringly obvious from the moment he opened his mouth as a candidate.

    Until Trump, I thought that there must be a "rock bottom" beneath which opinions or expectations could not sink.
    I don't think that anymore; I was wrong.

    It's not a Liberal\Conservative matter for many of us; should anyone really believe that even after witnessing his behavior.
    I'm qualified to say that as a Conservative.
    This word for word.

  29. #1929
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Okay. I would really LOVE to see where you rank him among other Republican Presidents you have lived with. Have a nice weekend.
    He'd be last. I loved Reagan (though I was a kid so I suspect listening to my parents probably bolstered that). I voted for Clinton twice, the first Bush was a pansy, I loved the second Bush and I love Trump. I'll own it. Why? Because I'm a businessman and recognize other businessmen. He is all about the deal, trying to see who blinks first, being the smartest guy in the room yet never let them see you coming. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer (OK, that was cheesy but I believe in that).

    Thats all Trump is. Is he racist? Give me one concrete example of racism. Does he hate Mexicans? Not at all, he supports the laws of this land as they exist. I'm married to a mexican (born in Guadalajara) and I would vehemently oppose him if I thought he was.

    He says dumb shit, he has treated some women poorly but I will tell you, in the business world the lengths some women will go to get ahead is shameless. I've been there. I'm an insurance broker and the women who represent these carriers would throw themselves at you to secure a deal. I never accepted because I'm a faithful man but if I did, I could be in as much of a world of hurt as the Weinsteins of the world.

    I'm talking real life folks. If you haven't walked in it, it must seem like Mars but I live it daily and Trump has lived it for years. No other president has lived life as it really is except a few like JFK (WW2 and Marilyn in his lap) but there it is.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  30. #1930
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    He'd be last. I loved Reagan (though I was a kid so I suspect listening to my parents probably bolstered that). I voted for Clinton twice, the first Bush was a pansy, I loved the second Bush and I love Trump. I'll own it. Why? Because I'm a businessman and recognize other businessmen. He is all about the deal, trying to see who blinks first, being the smartest guy in the room yet never let them see you coming. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer (OK, that was cheesy but I believe in that).

    Thats all Trump is. Is he racist? Give me one concrete example of racism. Does he hate Mexicans? Not at all, he supports the laws of this land as they exist. I'm married to a mexican (born in Guadalajara) and I would vehemently oppose him if I thought he was.

    He says dumb shit, he has treated some women poorly but I will tell you, in the business world the lengths some women will go to get ahead is shameless. I've been there. I'm an insurance broker and the women who represent these carriers would throw themselves at you to secure a deal. I never accepted because I'm a faithful man but if I did, I could be in as much of a world of hurt as the Weinsteins of the world.

    I'm talking real life folks. If you haven't walked in it, it must seem like Mars but I live it daily and Trump has lived it for years. No other president has lived life as it really is except a few like JFK (WW2 and Marilyn in his lap) but there it is.
    There are so many things in this post that are so strange.

    You would rank Trump last among Republican Presidents, behind a "pansy" you didn't vote for?

    Your "he's a businessman like me" makes no sense to me. I'm an English professor, and 2 thoughts immediately occur to me. 1) If some English teacher decided to run for President, I would definitely NOT vote for him or her because of being in the same field I'm in, because that's nonsensical. (And running a country is NOT like running a business, so let's go ahead and skip that.) 2) Somebody can do the same work I do and objectively be a piece of shit, like Bonespur certainly is. Like if one of my colleagues is giving female students passing grades in exchange for sex, I don't "identify" with that person and certainly don't admire him.

    Your comment about women throwing themselves at men to get ahead is so bizarre. (Insurance brokers are drowning in pussy? Not at the agency I used to work for. But even so: ) What in the world does that have to do with Bonespur's horrible treatment of women, which you yourself acknowledge? Two wrongs make a right?

    And your last little paragraph is sooooooo weird. Yeah, people who don't sell insurance like you are all living in an ivory tower. We're not down in the trenches like you, dude. LOL (I actually tried selling auto insurance a couple years ago, and when I came home at night I felt like I needed to take TWO showers, but that's another (depressing) story.) I'm reasonably confident everyone on this board is living "real life" just as much as you are. This comment on your part is especially ironic given his most recent gaffe: I'm so much a "regular guy" that I even know I don't have to show ID to buy groceries.

    Repeat after me: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BLUE-COLLAR BILLIONAIRE.

    But this is why I say I can't talk to people who support 45. It's one hundred percent my own fault that I decide to engage when I know better. (And I'll probably respond to your response to this, like a fucking idiot.)

    TBH, I wish you had responded to Jim's post instead of mine. He is at least as anti-Bonespur as I am, and his conservative bona fides are right up there with yours, correct?
    Last edited by Upset; 08-06-2018 at 04:01 PM.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  31. #1931
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    775
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    There are so many things in this post that are so strange.

    You would rank Trump last among Republican Presidents, behind a "pansy" you didn't vote for?

    Your "he's a businessman like me" makes no sense to me. I'm an English professor, and 2 thoughts immediately occur to me. 1) If some English teacher decided to run for President, I would definitely NOT vote for him or her because of being in the same field I'm in, because that's nonsensical. (And running a country is NOT like running a business, so let's go ahead and skip that.) 2) Somebody can do the same work I do and objectively be a piece of shit, like Bonespur certainly is. Like if one of my colleagues is giving female students passing grades in exchange for sex, I don't "identify" with that person and certainly don't admire him.

    Your comment about women throwing themselves at men to get ahead is so bizarre. (Insurance brokers are drowning in pussy? Not at the agency I used to work for. But even so: ) What in the world does that have to do with Bonespur's horrible treatment of women, which you yourself acknowledge? Two wrongs make a right?

    And your last little paragraph is sooooooo weird. Yeah, people who don't sell insurance like you are all living in an ivory tower. We're not down in the trenches like you, dude. LOL (I actually tried selling auto insurance a couple years ago, and when I came home at night I felt like I needed to take TWO showers, but that's another (depressing) story.) I'm reasonably confident everyone on this board is living "real life" just as much as you are. This comment on your part is especially ironic given his most recent gaffe: I'm so much a "regular guy" that I even know I don't have to show ID to buy groceries.

    Repeat after me: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BLUE-COLLAR BILLIONAIRE.

    But this is why I say I can't talk to people who support 45. It's one hundred percent my own fault that I decide to engage when I know better. (And I'll probably respond to your response to this, like a fucking idiot.)

    TBH, I wish you had responded to Jim's post instead of mine. He is at least as anti-Bonespur as I am, and his conservative bona fides are right up there with yours, correct?
    Why are you getting so irate with Upset ? They are just voicing their opinions which Cindy is always reminding us is our right to do .They don't have to justify them or explain, even if you don't agree .I don't understand what the big deal is with Trump admitting if you have power ,you can get pussy ?Men in power have always abused it and many women are more than happy to oblige for 5 minutes of fame, or a step up .It's hardly a shock is it ?

  32. #1932
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,600
    Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    Why are you getting so irate with Upset ? They are just voicing their opinions which Cindy is always reminding us is our right to do .They don't have to justify them or explain, even if you don't agree .I don't understand what the big deal is with Trump admitting if you have power ,you can get pussy ?Men in power have always abused it and many women are more than happy to oblige for 5 minutes of fame, or a step up .It's hardly a shock is it ?
    They are debating, and you are out of line calling upset down.

  33. #1933
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    Why are you getting so irate with Upset ? They are just voicing their opinions which Cindy is always reminding us is our right to do .They don't have to justify them or explain, even if you don't agree .I don't understand what the big deal is with Trump admitting if you have power ,you can get pussy ?Men in power have always abused it and many women are more than happy to oblige for 5 minutes of fame, or a step up .It's hardly a shock is it ?
    First of all, I *AM* Upset. I'm not irate with myself.

    Secondly, I'm not irate with Pauli - the person I was responding to - either. I am mostly bemused by him, and responded accordingly.

    Thirdly, I have never suggested for one second that Pauli or anyone else on this board doesn't have a right to say whatever they want to say. I also have a right to say what *I* want to say, which is what I was doing in the post you responded to. Surely you don't want to censor *me*, do you? (And if you do, at least get the name right: UPSET.)

    Having said all this, thank you for your heroic efforts to solve a problem which did not in fact exist. Thank God you were here!

    Sincerely,

    Upset

    PS Thanks, Cindy! Guess we were typing at the same time. LOL
    Last edited by Upset; 08-06-2018 at 05:31 PM.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  34. #1934
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    775
    I wasn't saying -why are YOU getting so irate with, Upset ? - I was saying (to Pauli ) why are you getting irate with Upset ? my bad ,I guess I should have made that clearer .I wasn't trying to censor anyone - in fact the opposite .
    I don't know what you mean calling upset down ? I was trying to support her .Well I'll just say night all , it's 2 in the morning here .

  35. #1935
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    I wasn't saying -why are YOU getting so irate with, Upset ? - I was saying (to Pauli ) why are you getting irate with Upset ? my bad ,I guess I should have made that clearer .I wasn't trying to censor anyone - in fact the opposite .
    I don't know what you mean calling upset down ? I was trying to support her .Well I'll just say night all , it's 2 in the morning here .
    It was my post you responded to. And the content of your post sure LOOKS like you were responding to me. (I'm the anti-Cheeto Mussolini guy.) And neither Pauli nor I is a "her."

    So yeah, probably bedtime. LOL
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  36. #1936
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,968
    So, Upset is irate?

    Or someone is irate with Upset, meaning that they are in fact upset with Upset, making them Upset?
    Who's on first - isn't this is getting confusing?
    That's some efficient use of emotions there, however you look at it - a two for one, no doubt.

    Just IMO - as political discussions go, this one seems pretty civil to me.

    But I must say that reading the last few posts has made an impression on me, and made me totally reevaluate my thinking on one important matter that's been discussed here:

    I was considering a late-life career change; had it all kind of mapped out, but that's changed now.
    I'm still going to do the career change, but instead of becoming a Mammographer; I'm gonna be an insurance broker.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  37. #1937
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    It was my post you responded to. And the content of your post sure LOOKS like you were responding to me. (I'm the anti-Cheeto Mussolini guy.) And neither Pauli nor I is a "her."

    So yeah, probably bedtime. LOL
    You're right on all counts.

  38. #1938
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    You're right on all counts.
    It happens.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  39. #1939
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    It happens.

  40. #1940
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,128
    Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    I wasn't saying -why are YOU getting so irate with, Upset ? - I was saying (to Pauli ) why are you getting irate with Upset ? my bad ,I guess I should have made that clearer .I wasn't trying to censor anyone - in fact the opposite .
    I don't know what you mean calling upset down ? I was trying to support her .Well I'll just say night all , it's 2 in the morning here .
    I'm good, not mad or irate with anyone. I'll just say this to you, Upset, Jim C or anyone else. I know my thinking and perspectives of my last post may seem weird to some but we all come at this from our own experiences. For all I know I'm as wrong as hell but we won't know that for a while. If in ten years we look back and Trumps legacy is a better border, lower taxes, some solution on healthcare etc...maybe I have some bragging rights. If we end up in WW 3 because he pissed on the wrong shoes or made the wrong alliance then I'll be man enough to tip my hat.

    That said, anyone else agree it is strange that the West Hollywood city council voted to remove Trumps star because he banged a porn star, a playmate, and had a raunchy conversation in private meanwhile Bill Cosby who gave drugs to 60 unsuspecting women and then raped them while incoherent still has his? Maybe I'm not quite that weird after all.
    Last edited by Paulination; 08-07-2018 at 03:41 PM.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  41. #1941
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,784
    I'm sure when Donald Trump releases his tax returns
    they're clean as a whistle.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  42. #1942
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,968
    We'll certainly see what his legacy is\will be.
    I personally suspect that it won't take 10 years for that to solidify.

    I also think the Hollywood star thing is pretty bizarre.
    I didn't think they awarded those things based upon standards of morality or contributions to the well being of human kind.

    They supposedly had a reason for handing it out and the reason for that likely hasn't changed; so leave it be I would say.

    Of course, they also had a reason for putting him in office...
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  43. #1943
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    We'll certainly see what his legacy is\will be.
    I personally suspect that it won't take 10 years for that to solidify.

    I also think the Hollywood star thing is pretty bizarre.
    I didn't think they awarded those things based upon standards of morality or contributions to the well being of human kind.

    They supposedly had a reason for handing it out and the reason for that likely hasn't changed; so leave it be I would say.

    Of course, they also had a reason for putting him in office...
    I am reasonably comfortable in saying there will not come a time when I say, "Wow, I was really wrong about that guy."

    Regarding the Hollywood star thing, they are making this decision in the immediate aftermath of the star being destroyed a second time. I'm sure they realize that if it is replaced again, the replacement will once again be destroyed. It's bad PR, and they don't want the stars discussed in this sort of context. Nobody cared about Bonespur's star until it was in the news, and he announced he was running for President - and started making an ass of himself - what, 4 years ago or something like that? I'm sure there are any number of horrible people with stars on the Walk of Fame, but Bill Cosby's star hasn't been a news item, even though he himself has. Personally, I think it would be awesome if somebody went after Cosby's star.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  44. #1944
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    We'll certainly see what his legacy is\will be.
    I personally suspect that it won't take 10 years for that to solidify.

    I also think the Hollywood star thing is pretty bizarre.
    I didn't think they awarded those things based upon standards of morality or contributions to the well being of human kind.

    They supposedly had a reason for handing it out and the reason for that likely hasn't changed; so leave it be I would say.

    Of course, they also had a reason for putting him in office...
    Very bizarre indeed. I've read that if you make a generous donation to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce they will give you one. So I'm guessing most of the stars on the walk of fame were "bought" for a price !
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  45. #1945
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Very bizarre indeed. I've read that if you make a generous donation to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce they will give you one. So I'm guessing most of the stars on the walk of fame were "bought" for a price !
    Oh, you absolutely pay for your own star. The cost these days is $40,000, which supposedly covers upkeep and prevents it being a burden to local taxpayers. But you still have to go through the nomination process. It's not like you or I could buy one.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  46. #1946
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I am reasonably comfortable in saying there will not come a time when I say, "Wow, I was really wrong about that guy."
    Same here.
    Thing is, even if we get video of him pissing on the flag and some of his supporters, and eating the still-beating hearts of puppies he just strangled to death on camera while wearing women's underwear and wrapped in the Chinese flag; his supporters will never say, "Wow, I was really wrong about that guy" either.

    I also feel reasonably certain that he will eventually go down hard - and I'm not just talking about Putin.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  47. #1947
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Oh, you absolutely pay for your own star. The cost these days is $40,000, which supposedly covers upkeep and prevents it being a burden to local taxpayers. But you still have to go through the nomination process. It's not like you or I could buy one.
    Oh, yeah. First you apply or someone nominates you. The money's sent. And if you are turned down, they keep the dough. The fee was $25,000 in the early 2000s when we tried to raise enough to buy Brandon Lee one.

  48. #1948
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Oh, yeah. First you apply or someone nominates you. The money's sent. And if you are turned down, they keep the dough. The fee was $25,000 in the early 2000s when we tried to raise enough to buy Brandon Lee one.
    That's crazy that they keep the money! I wonder how often they do that. Seems kind of like a scam.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  49. #1949
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I

    Regarding the Hollywood star thing, they are making this decision in the immediate aftermath of the star being destroyed a second time. I'm sure they realize that if it is replaced again, the replacement will once again be destroyed. It's bad PR, and they don't want the stars discussed in this sort of context.
    I've got to say I never considered this as an explanation. Makes a lot of sense when you think of it.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  50. #1950
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,968
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I'm sure when Donald Trump releases his tax returns
    they're clean as a whistle.
    No doubt - scrubbed clean as a whistle.
    Why, they'll likely show that he charitable donations far in excess of his income.

    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I am reasonably comfortable in saying there will not come a time when I say, "Wow, I was really wrong about that guy."

    Regarding the Hollywood star thing, they are making this decision in the immediate aftermath of the star being destroyed a second time. I'm sure they realize that if it is replaced again, the replacement will once again be destroyed. It's bad PR, and they don't want the stars discussed in this sort of context.
    Surely the Secret Service has some noob agents who need a little time in the field.
    They could be assigned to watch over that thing to prevent vandalism.

    Well, that might violate some kind of law or regulation I guess.
    Consequently, the Administration won't have any problems with it.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •