Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 101 to 119 of 119

Thread: Dominique Dunne

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,439
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Didn't know he was out.
    He didn't serve but about 6 years, IIRC

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    147
    I think he was sentenced to 6 1/2 years, but only served slightly over 3 years. That short sentence is a travesty for what he did. Always thought this case was a shocking miscarriage of justice.
    Last edited by dia846; 07-19-2013 at 12:11 AM.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,439
    Quote Originally Posted by dia846 View Post
    I think he was sentenced to 6 1/2 years, but only served slightly over 3 years, and within a couple of months of leaving prison became head chef at very trendy, upscale restaurant. Eventually changed his name and moved. Always thought this case was a shocking miscarriage of justice.
    Okay, thanks for setting me right. It's been a long time.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,711
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Okay, thanks for setting me right. It's been a long time.
    Wow. I can't believe her served that little amount of time. I wonder who his newest obsession is.

    ""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy


  5. #105
    I took the Tragical History Tour while in Hollywood in 2011 and I believe this is the spot where Dominique Dunne was strangled. Not the greatest photo, but this is it. http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/li...51528.jpg.html

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,208
    Dominque really got the short end of the stick on this one. I understand what it is like to have an abusive boyfriend/husband. So sorry to hear that he did not serve much time.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,463
    I don't know if this has already been posted but apparently if the guy she was "rehearsing" with wasn't such a fucking pussy and went out there as soon as he heard her ex smacking her she'd be alive. From wikipedia:

    "Packer later said he heard smacking sounds, two screams and a thud. He called police but was told that Dunne's home was out of their jurisdiction. Packer then phoned a friend and told him if she was found dead, John Sweeney was the killer. Packer left the home through the back entrance, approached the driveway, and saw Sweeney in some nearby bushes kneeling over Dunne. Sweeney told Packer to call the police. When police arrived, Sweeney met them in the driveway with his hands in the air and stated, "I killed my girlfriend and I tried to kill myself." Sweeney later testified that he and Dunne had argued but he could not remember what happened after their exchange and could only recall being on top of her with his hands around her throat."

    She had the plug pulled because she was brain dead from oxygen deprivation. If he wasn't such a pussy and went out there and fought the bastard she wouldn't have been choked and therefore not deprived oxygen. I hope he's ashamed.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    I don't know if this has already been posted but apparently if the guy she was "rehearsing" with wasn't such a fucking pussy and went out there as soon as he heard her ex smacking her she'd be alive. From wikipedia:

    "Packer later said he heard smacking sounds, two screams and a thud. He called police but was told that Dunne's home was out of their jurisdiction. Packer then phoned a friend and told him if she was found dead, John Sweeney was the killer. Packer left the home through the back entrance, approached the driveway, and saw Sweeney in some nearby bushes kneeling over Dunne. Sweeney told Packer to call the police. When police arrived, Sweeney met them in the driveway with his hands in the air and stated, "I killed my girlfriend and I tried to kill myself." Sweeney later testified that he and Dunne had argued but he could not remember what happened after their exchange and could only recall being on top of her with his hands around her throat."

    She had the plug pulled because she was brain dead from oxygen deprivation. If he wasn't such a pussy and went out there and fought the bastard she wouldn't have been choked and therefore not deprived oxygen. I hope he's ashamed.
    Miguel Ferrer (the actor) who was her friend said the same thing. I can't remember his exact words since it's been a while since I seen the interview but it was something like how could someone sit there and listen to the screams and yells of someone being attacked and do nothing about it. The guy was almost twice the size of Dominique who was tiny anyway. He all but called him a coward for doing nothing and refused to listen to any of the excuses or his cries of I'll always regret it.

    I'm only 5'2 and more than likely I would have my ass handed to me but if that was me seeing/hearing that, I would have been out there like a shot with something to smack him with...it's the right thing to do, I've done it before and will do it again regardless of the batterings I've got. The world is full of people who do nothing and try to justify it by saying you can't get involved because you don't know what would happen but my answer is what if it was one of your relatives, and they got hurt or worse because no one did anything, what would you say then?

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    Miguel Ferrer (the actor) who was her friend said the same thing. I can't remember his exact words since it's been a while since I seen the interview but it was something like how could someone sit there and listen to the screams and yells of someone being attacked and do nothing about it. The guy was almost twice the size of Dominique who was tiny anyway. He all but called him a coward for doing nothing and refused to listen to any of the excuses or his cries of I'll always regret it.

    I'm only 5'2 and more than likely I would have my ass handed to me but if that was me seeing/hearing that, I would have been out there like a shot with something to smack him with...it's the right thing to do, I've done it before and will do it again regardless of the batterings I've got. The world is full of people who do nothing and try to justify it by saying you can't get involved because you don't know what would happen but my answer is what if it was one of your relatives, and they got hurt or worse because no one did anything, what would you say then?
    I'm 5'0 and wouldn't stand around - I would bring something hard and go after the weasly coward. And screamed bloody murder - these houses are close together - SOMEBODY else would/should have heard!

  10. #110
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,463
    Yeah. I mean go to the kitchen, find a butcher knife, run outside to confront him, yell and wail like a crazy person. If that doesn't work stab the woman beating mother fucker. Stab to the side of the throat; fight over. I went on to read that they determined she was strangled for at least 3 minutes. That's at least 3 minutes after the wussbag heard the initial smacks and thuds.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Yeah. I mean go to the kitchen, find a butcher knife, run outside to confront him, yell and wail like a crazy person. If that doesn't work stab the woman beating mother fucker. Stab to the side of the throat; fight over. I went on to read that they determined she was strangled for at least 3 minutes. That's at least 3 minutes after the wussbag heard the initial smacks and thuds.
    My mum once told me anything can be used as a weapon as long as you use enough pressure. It's something I've lived by over the years. We have a lot of crap that goes down at night here with gangs who think they are solid because there's loads of them and there is certain parts of the area you know to stay away from but there's times you have to pass by. Obviously, if your caught with anything classed as dangerous, you are the one done for so I always carry a pen with me. It looks harmless but with the right amount of strength, it would do the job. It's horrible thing to say but that's the world we're living in now and as I have always said, I might go down but I'd take as many with me as I could.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Posts
    195
    I found her father , Dominick Dunn , one of the most interesting people to listen to on T.V. It was guaranteed that whenever Larry King had him on his show that hour would fly by in a wink. After the show I would find myself saying that King's show should be 2 hours long.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1
    Hi, I'm new on this forum. What John Sweeney did was horrible and he should spend his whole life in jail. He took the life of that beautiful 22 year old woman that had a wonderful career in front of her. Although I was born years after her death I'm fascinated with her, so I want to ask you guys if you know where I can purchase an autograph of that marvellous actress that would have been 55 years old today. I'm thankful for every kind of response.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    I found her father , Dominick Dunn , one of the most interesting people to listen to on T.V. It was guaranteed that whenever Larry King had him on his show that hour would fly by in a wink. After the show I would find myself saying that King's show should be 2 hours long.
    Did he start doing the true crime shows because of this or was it something he was already doing?

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    I found her father , Dominick Dunn , one of the most interesting people to listen to on T.V. It was guaranteed that whenever Larry King had him on his show that hour would fly by in a wink. After the show I would find myself saying that King's show should be 2 hours long.
    I so agree.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Posts
    195
    shellc ....... I do know that he covered the Von Bulow trials ( 1982 and 1985 ) for Vanity Fair and discussed it while on one of Larry King's shows. As his daughter died in 1982 I think he was doing these high profile murder cases before his family tragedy. His TV show came around 2000 or so , and ran for several years. As for the Von Bulow case he mentioned to Larry that he though he was guilty and I for one had thought he was guilty as well , got off on a technically brilliantly played by Alan Dershowitz during the 1985 retrial . Remember ( on one of the King shows ) he told a not so flattering story of Frank Sinatra. Always loved Sinatra's music but knew he was a bit of a s*it so I wasn't surprised . Yes, never a dull moment when Dominick was a guest.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,185
    I would suggest this book for anyone interested in Dominick Dunne's trial coverage. I bought it when it first came out in 2009 and it stayed with me. Mostly it is just a collection of his Vanity Fair pieces. There is a large section about Dominique and it is heartbreaking, but very interesting.

    http://www.amazon.com/Justice-Crimes...sap_bc?ie=UTF8


  18. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    shellc ....... I do know that he covered the Von Bulow trials ( 1982 and 1985 ) for Vanity Fair and discussed it while on one of Larry King's shows. As his daughter died in 1982 I think he was doing these high profile murder cases before his family tragedy. His TV show came around 2000 or so , and ran for several years. As for the Von Bulow case he mentioned to Larry that he though he was guilty and I for one had thought he was guilty as well , got off on a technically brilliantly played by Alan Dershowitz during the 1985 retrial . Remember ( on one of the King shows ) he told a not so flattering story of Frank Sinatra. Always loved Sinatra's music but knew he was a bit of a s*it so I wasn't surprised . Yes, never a dull moment when Dominick was a guest.
    Thanks for the info. I knew of him from watching some of his shows on TV but didn't realise they were related until I read it on here and that's what got me wondering.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    321
    Another senseless death by the hands of an idiot. We lost a 'bright star' that day with so much talent. I went and visited her grave back in 2016 while on the 'Dearly Departed Tour' and of course took pictures but it's a shame that's all that's left...

    Attached Images Attached Images

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •