Thread: Victor Killian

Victor Killian

I can't find any info on him. I heard that he was beaten to death, and pretty badly.

Does anyone have any info?

-K.

Jaxxx Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kman0072 View Post
    I can't find any info on him. I heard that he was beaten to death, and pretty badly.

Does anyone have any info?

-K.
    If this is the old fernwood flasher then yes I heard he was robbed in his home and beat to death around the same time and area that hopsing from Bonanza died the same way. Same johns maybe?

Kathyf Guest
    American character actor of gruff demeanor who played in dozens of films through the Thirties and Forties. A native of New Jersey, he was a wagon driver for his father's laundry business before joining a vaudeville company. He played in stock and touring companies, then was cast in the Walter Huston production of 'Desire Under the Elms' on Broadway. While working on the New York stage, he made a few appearances in films shot on Long Island. In 1935 he came to Hollywood and appeared with great frequency in supporting roles over the next decade and a half. In the early 1950s, he was blacklisted for his political beliefs during the Communist witchhunts, and returned to the stage almost exclusively thereafter. In 1976, he gained perhaps his greatest fame, as the title character's libidinous grandfather on the "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman" (1976) TV series. But three years later, he was beaten to death by robbers burglarizing his apartment.

Danny62 Guest
    Two different stories about his Death.

One is he was beaten to death during a botched robbery. The other is that Killian met a man in a neighborhood bar and invited him back to his apartment. Either way he was found bludgeoned to death. No suspect was ever found.

His ghost is said to roam the sidewalk and courtyard of the Mann's Chinese Theater, looking for the person who murdered him.

Kathyf Guest
    where did you see that Dan? I just found the beaten during robbery at 88. Maybe there is more to the story.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathyf View Post
    where did you see that Dan? I just found the beaten during robbery at 88. Maybe there is more to the story.

I just did a bit more surfing last night and came across some info.

I don't know about the haunting part though

wakey Guest

two murdered actors

in 1979 character acors victor killian and charles waggenheim were both beaten to death within a week of another.
    the strange thing is they both had finished an episode of All In the Family
    connection or not? dont know if they ever solved those murders
    s

dovescry1999 Guest
    If there is anymore info on this, Please fill me in. Very Interesting!

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dovescry1999 View Post
    If there is anymore info on this, Please fill me in. Very Interesting!
    Click here: Victor Killian Murder
    Click here: Charles Wagenheim - TV.com
    Scene
    Last edited by NOVSTORM; 05-11-2008 at 02:55 PM. Reason: forgot link

NOVSTORM Guest
    Wow both of these men were elderly.

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    Wow both of these men were elderly.

I noticed that too. That seems to make it even sadder as they could have hardly defended themselves.
    Last edited by Sam; 05-11-2008 at 05:02 PM.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I noticed that too. That seems to make it even sadder as they could have hardly defend themselves.

I am looking for more info on this. Guess it takes a real THUG to be able to beat an old man to death.

Mann's Chinese Theater

The Ghost of actor Victor Killian, roams the sidewalk here, looking for the man who murdered him. According to Police reports, Killian met a man at a nearby bar in 1982. After a few drinks, Killian invited the man back up to his apartment. Killian's bludgeoned corpse was discovered the next morning. The killer has never been found.
    Hollywood Sign

They both lived like 3 blocks from one another and both apartments were ran sacked and they were beaten so badlt they were barely able to ID them. Bet both were murdered by the same man or men?
    Last edited by NOVSTORM; 05-11-2008 at 03:54 PM.

hoxharding Guest
    It could be as simple as the same man/men would rob places and when someone caught them in the act,the people would be murdered in the same manner. That they only went after older people who appeared to be easy targets.(ok, that was obvious)
    Could also been someone who lived in the neighborhood who knew the people who saw who lived around there?

lisalouver Guest
    Wow.

Certainly is strange that they were both born in the 1890's, both were bit actors and both were beaten within a week of each other?

Facinating!

I want more info!

Here's an odd thing I noticed: Wagenheim was murdered on Killian's birthday (March 6). Strange little coincidence....

cherryghost Guest
    These facts are increasingly creepy!

Jigsaw Guest
    I found another oddity. Killian was born on March 6 and Charles Wagenheim was killed on March 6. Then to round it out Karyn Kupcinet, unsolved murder victim, was also born on March 6. FWIW.

jigsaw

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    I found another oddity. Killian was born on March 6 and Charles Wagenheim was killed on March 6. Then to round it out Karyn Kupcinet, unsolved murder victim, was also born on March 6. FWIW.

jigsaw
    Wow, wow and wow!

NOVSTORM Guest
    Killian met some guy at a bar nad invited him to his house. Wonder if the other one did too? It doesn;t say anything about his last nights.

The apartment building where Victor Killian lived looks kinda of ghetto, I wonder if that neighborhood has always looked like that even back when he was murdered in 1979. My opinion of the murderer is someone who probably lived either in the apartment building or the neighborhood who knew he was elderly, that he lived alone, and was probably going to rob him and ended up murdering him instead.

Suzanne30 Guest
    From IMDB on Charles Wagenheim:

"According to the story given by a distant relative, shortly before Charlie's death his wife had suffered a stroke and was confined to their apartment. A woman had been hired to help her. Apparently one day Charlie came back from food shopping, entered his apartment, and surprised the woman who was in the process of going through drawers and stealing articles. Charlie began yelling at her, asking her what she was doing. Apparently the woman panicked and hit Charlie with an object that killed him."

They were both murdered after shooting episodes of "All In The Family". I think it was Sally Struthers because they wouldn't go out with her.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Did the victims know each other?
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Suzanne30 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Did the victims know each other?
    They were in the same All In The Family episode.

They may have shot their scenes on separate days apart from each other though, who knows?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0509943/

Snoopy Guest
    Wow really fascinating! Very sad too..I always believed there is no such thing as coincidence..so I really have a hard time saying all this is coincidence..but hey ya never know!

Sam Guest
    Their murderer(s) could still be out there. I'd like to see something about them on "Cold Case Files", or maybe someone on the LAPD needs to look into it again with all the new stuff on DNA, etc.
    I'd love to see their killer(s) brought to justice!

He was murdered by burglars rs in March of 1979. It is interested in noting he was murdered a few days from character actor, Victor Kilian. Wagenheim on March 6,1979 and Kilian on March 11,1979, both were killed the same way, both in their 80's, they lived only a few blocks from one another in Hollywood, both lived alone, both lived in apartments. Both apartments were ransacked, both were beaten beyond recognition, both had apparently never met until they both appeared in an "All in the Family" episode:
    Last edited by Sam; 05-12-2008 at 11:43 AM.

Tebssis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    They were both murdered after shooting episodes of "All In The Family". I think it was Sally Struthers because they wouldn't go out with her.

Tebssis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Their murderer(s) could still be out there. I'd like to see something about them on "Cold Case Files", or maybe someone on the LAPD needs to look into it again with all the new stuff on DNA, etc.
    I'd love to see their killer(s) brought to justice!
    Yeah, they sure could still be or in prison for something else. (Let's hope it this one)
    I hate to say it, there probably wasn't any DNA taken back then. But it would be cool if someone finally came forward with information that could lead to the person/persons responsible.

Guest Guest
    victor played Mother Jefferson's boyfriend on The Jeffersons (one of the BEST shows ever!!!!) I was very sad to learn that he was murdered and I find this thread very interesting, I did not even know he was in All in the Family.

Guest Guest
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUGdZarnEWQ

Does anyone happen to know who is singing the song in this video about Victor's ghost? He has a really nice voice I would like to know who that singer is.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne30 View Post
    From IMDB on Charles Wagenheim:

"According to the story given by a distant relative, shortly before Charlie's death his wife had suffered a stroke and was confined to their apartment. A woman had been hired to help her. Apparently one day Charlie came back from food shopping, entered his apartment, and surprised the woman who was in the process of going through drawers and stealing articles. Charlie began yelling at her, asking her what she was doing. Apparently the woman panicked and hit Charlie with an object that killed him."
    Well if that really happened why are they saying they never found his killer? Strange huh?

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Wow really fascinating! Very sad too..I always believed there is no such thing as coincidence..so I really have a hard time saying all this is coincidence..but hey ya never know!

I agree. Too coincidental to me. Same MO, both elderly and both all all my family at same time. I think this person recognized them on the show, he knew they lived in the neighborhood. Thought they had money and poof robber and murderedthem both. I also thought it said these 2 men lived alone but someone else posted one had a disabled wife living there at the time of the murder.

Coop Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookykitty View Post
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUGdZarnEWQ

Does anyone happen to know who is singing the song in this video about Victor's ghost? He has a really nice voice I would like to know who that singer is.
    http://www.myspace.com/darcyfray
    The track they used for the video is called "History" and is on her page. Never heard of her myself, but the song works really well for the video, I thought

Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    Sally Struthers murdered two old queers? She seems like such perfect faghag material!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

raymel1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Sally Struthers murdered two old queers? She seems like such perfect faghag material!
    rotflmao

Guest Guest
    Wow that's amazing Coop you found it! Amazing voice!!
    Thanks for finding that for me!

Wow! How creepy! Kinda makes you wonder if there were some connection.... good find! Perfect Death Hag fodder! RIP gentlemen!
    I cried for shoes .... til I met a man with no feet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here's a pic of the apartment building where he died and a little bit of info: http://www.funeralguy.com/death-sites/killian.html

he made a couple of guest appearances in the 2nd season of "The Jeffersons " as Tom Willis' uncle Bertram who tried to get tom's dad to accept his son's marriage to a black woman and reconcile them.

Aha! Found another thread on it even. Merged.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 11-05-2008 at 01:17 AM.